• Published 8th Jun 2022
  • 2,556 Views, 192 Comments

TCB: Thera - Joe Toon



What happens if the Conversion Bureau came to the wrong neighborhood and knocked on the wrong door?

  • ...
12
 192
 2,556

The Declaration

June 5, 2020

We interrupt this program with an important announcement. All broadcasts are hereby cancelled until further notice. You will now hear the statement from the Minister General.

I am speaking to you from the League of Nations’ Conference Hall of the Island of Malta. Last night at exactly 12 pm Standard Theran time, the League’s ambassador in Canterlot has handed the Equestrian Government a final note; stating that unless we heard from them by the same time today this afternoon, that they are prepared to meet our demands for their crimes against our citizens, a state of war would exist between us.

I have to tell you now that not only have no such undertaking been received, but that the Equestrian Government replied with a declaration of war just an hour before their military seized control of the Portal site located within the Persian Kingdom and the surrounding countryside; and that consequently, our world is at war with Equestria. You can imagine what a bitter blow it is to me, that after all their talks and promise of Harmony, Friendship and Unity, we were so heinously betrayed by their true agenda; that is to convert our citizens into their own species, violating our most sacred rights as God’s creation. How it is althemore so, that despite our best efforts to offer reasonable and honourable terms to retain peace between our two worlds, it has come to naught. The same could not be said from the Equestrian Government, who made their intentions perfectly clear that they will settle for nothing less than the continued violation of our right to be human. This sentiment is extended to the millions of Xeno immigrants who share the privileges of citizenship to the nations within the league they now call home.

And although Princess Celestia declared many days ago when the truth of our citizens being converted was revealed, that they chose so from their own free will; our intelligence agencies and first hand accounts from converted citizens who managed to escape, say otherwise. No such choice was offered and therefore no such freedom was given. They stated that the Equestrian authorities even went so far as to abduct them in broad daylight to conversion facilities within cities and towns under the guise of “protection” or “suspicious activity”. This act of cruelty was also shared among their non-pony residents within their world, many of whom remained silent or have been silenced before the revelation.

These actions show clearly that this mare and her administration will not stop their practice of using tyranny and force to gain their will. They can only be stopped by force. And all the members of the League are here today in fulfilment of our obligation to protect the citizenry within and without Thera: To defend our rights, freedom and humanity from those who would see us enslaved, oppressed or destroyed, as we have done many times before.

Just as we have resisted the Starcatchers, the Mauradans, the Kalderin Swarm, the Galactic Reclaimers, the Imari Imperium, and the traitors of the New World Order; we will resist these invaders, so help us God. I trust everyone will do their duties with calmness and courage. At such a moment as this, the support from every citizen within every nation is a source of profound encouragement to us.

After I finish speaking, a series of detailed announcements shall be addressed across your respective nations. Take heed carefully and diligently. The Council of the League shall turn over its civil authority to the Marshals and Generals as they make plans to carry out the will of the League in this endeavour. And with your support within our Homeguard and Volunteers, both in military and civil defence, we may weather this storm. Be it from our ground, naval and cosmo forces, hospitals, churches, foundries, factories, transport, utilities, or aid relief; your contribution to your duties will be vital for this conflict.

Now may God bless us all, and may he defend the righteous. For it is an evil we shall brace ourselves against: Treachery, brute force, oppression, and desecration of all that is holy. And against them I am certain that right shall prevail. For God, Kin and Country. THERA VICTORIA!

That was the end of the Minister General’s message. Please await the announcements from your respective nations in regards to your instructions to join the national services; or for the affected areas, to seek shelter, aid stations, evacuation centres, and militia defence.


All rise to attention! Princess Celestia is to announce a proclamation to all subjects!

My dearest little ponies, I am saddened to inform you all that in our attempt to de-escalate tensions with the Nations of Thera, we have failed. And through careful considerations taken, we have declared war on the League of Nations of Thera. It is unfortunate and regrettable that it has come to this, but we stand by this decision because this is more than about ideals, beliefs, faiths and race: This is about survival. I will not lie, the decline within our population that has been rumoured for the past few decades is true. It has been true over the past few centuries. Our fertility rates from each passing generation has slowly been on decline. Rough estimates have pointed out that our inability to naturally reproduce will happen within the next two centuries.

What isn’t true however is the false accusation of Riza Truman and the rest of the league’s council that we have forcefully ordered the conversion of Theran citizens into ponies. The humans and other species under their citizenship who converted did so by their own free will as a condition to immigrate into our fair land of Equestria. A choice many of them may have regretted, but a choice nonetheless. And it was a choice that many more were accepting. The humans we’ve apprehended were merely suspected of espionage from the league itself and we’ve made careful procedures to return them back to the other side of the portal after determining their intent. An action we’ve turned a blind eye to but were used as an excuse to justify their suspicions of what was painfully simple.

However, that was not enough for the league’s leadership. Not only have they condemned our actions to defile what is considered sacred to them, but they sent us a list of demands with a threat of war should those demands not be met. The demands were; to return their converted citizens to them, reverted; to pay for the damages for their conversion; to have my sister and I abdicate from our positions of rule; to hold all involved in the conversion of Therans to ponies; and most laughable of all, after all is said and done, to close the portal and get out of their world. As many of you could tell, these demands are not only unreasonable; they are ridiculous. Words cannot begin to express what is wrong with these demands.
It matters not, however. War is inevitable. And if we are to survive this war, we need to strike first. The nations of Thera are centuries ahead of us technologically and tactically, which is why it was necessary to launch a preemptive to cover as much ground as possible to negotiate reasonable terms for peace. As many of you know, war is not in our blood but the world from the other side was born from war. I am sure that you can all understand our reasoning to go ahead with this conflict. It is a bitter reality but we must endure.

Rest assured, I have with full confidence that we shall prevail. With the Elements on our side, four alicorns at the helm, a well disciplined force already making headways across the landscape of Thera and our divine faith in Harmony, we shall prevail. If everypony is to keep to their duties and contribute to the cause, we shall prevail.

For Equestria!

Author's Note:

The first speech was inspired from this:

Get ready for the next few chapters because that is when things go nuts.