• Published 29th May 2022
  • 829 Views, 59 Comments

MLP A New Generation 3: The Rise of Armored Hoof - TwiShine45



Sunny still searches for answers, a band plays excellent music, and they all try to save Equestria

  • ...
2
 59
 829

Chapter 14

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! Another Armored Hoof song is in this chapter! It's a parody of the Ghost track "Con Clavi Con Dio." Enjoy!

While Sunny continued to wrestle with her internal strife, elsewhere in her beloved town, Armored Hoof went to work on their music. Quarter pushed them pretty hard, not just because he wanted them to sound their best, but also because he was eager to fulfill his promise to Zipp. He and the pretty young Pegasus had really hit it off. Over the next couple of weeks, he took her on a few more outings, constantly updating her on where the band was headed. She’d attend rehearsals from time to time, and was consistently impressed with their sound. It was something between old surf pony rock and a harder, more metallic offering. In any case, she found it absolutely amazing, and she sat mesmerized at each new song the band played.

One day, after rehearsal was finished, she and Quarter were able to spend some time together. She told him her positive reviews of their music and he thanked her rather profusely for it. Then, they took in dinner and a show together…yet, it was during that show that Quarter realized Armored Hoof’s next need: an actual performance. Rehearsing was fun, but it would all be for naught if they couldn’t spread their music across Equestria once more. He knew it was coming, but he didn’t realize it would come so soon. In a panic, he suddenly got up and fled the theater, leaving Zipp confused and a little hurt at her date’s rapid exit. So, she left as well, finally catching him right outside.

“Quarter!” She barked.

“I-I can’t do it,” he said breathlessly, “I just can’t do it!”

“Can’t do what?” She asked, calmly placing a hoof on his shoulder. She was trying to assure him of her nearness. Sudden anxiety was nothing new for her. When she was a filly, she had often been frightened of performing in school plays and the like. However, Queen Haven, being a good mother, constantly told her frightened filly that fear didn’t have to be an enemy. All she had to do was look out and act like she was performing only for her.

“I…I can’t perform…I just can’t,” Quarter sputtered.

“Sh…it’s okay,” Zipp said as they both sat down facing each other. “Now, did something in there…push you in a negative direction?”

“What kind of question is that?!” Quarter asked in a huff. “You just saw me run out on a show and the first thing you can think of to ask is something so obvious?!”

“Alright, smart stallion, if that’s the way you want to be, I just won’t help you,” Zipp snorted.

“Okay, okay, okay, I’m sorry!” Quarter exclaimed. “It’s just…seeing everypony there enjoying the show…I don’t know, it’s like I’ve lost confidence in myself as a vocalist after over 1,200 years of being away from the spotlight.”

Zipp smiled. “I understand, Quarter. But…you know that you’re really good, right?”

“I like to think that I am…but what if our first show back together is a flop?”

“Then, do another one and another until you get it right,” Zipp said, “just don’t ever give up. Armored Hoof is an amazing project, one that, I believe, will get Equestria’s full attention.”

“You’ve got a heck of a lot more faith than I do,” Quarter said, ears drooping.

“Look, Quarter, I know it’s been a really long time, but you guys sound incredible! Your vocals, Mane’s guitar playing, even Thumper’s bass…it was all fantastic. I just know you guys are gonna blow ponies away!”

Quarter eyed Zipp with a look of both worry and hope. On the one hoof, he knew that if their first show went belly up, it could mark the end of the band. However, on the other, Zipp’s infectious voice and amazing sensibility created this new world of excitement and positivity within him. It was something he hadn’t felt since his failed romance with Twilight Sparkle herself. It was the exact same feeling the former ruler had given him. A pretty mare, sparkling eyes, warm tones, and a constant belief in his hopes and dreams. That was the combination that had made Twilight so appealing, and it was beginning to do the same for Zipp.

“Hey! I’ve got an idea!” Zipp suddenly exclaimed.

“What’s that?” Quarter asked, ears cocked in curiosity

“You could play for Sunny and the rest of our friends! That could be your first performance. I mean, they loved the story of your band, so why wouldn’t they love your music?”

“Oh, Zipp…I…I don’t know-“

“Oh, come on, Quarter! It’ll work, I just know it will!”

“Well…alright…if we can get everypony together, I can probably convince the band that we’ve practiced enough to be heard by more than just one pair of ears.”

“Excellent! I’ll speak with Sunny tomorrow!”


It turned out that getting everypony together was a lot easier than once realized…maybe a little too easy. When word leaked out that Armored Hoof was planning to play a small show, 1,000 ponies turned up for it. Needless to say, Quarter was not impressed, but he agreed to go on anyway after some convincing from Zipp. So, the band hit the stage and prepared to play their first studio record, all about Celestia, in full. After the opener, an instrumental organ piece known as Sorores Finiunt (Pony Latin for “Sister’s End”), they began playing their first ever song…a song of adulation for the Princess of the Sun called “A Celestial Anthem.”

Celestia!
Is now here
Bow to her
Sun drenched ones

This congregation of the pony crowd
Prostrates themselves while cheering loud

Suscitator solis
Princeps equinorum
Equa hic intus regium est

Princess!
Coat of white
Full of might
Raising sun

She’s the regal one, sustainer of their world
She will rise with wings unfurled

Caelestibus
Of the sun
Now with thee
They shall be

Suscitator solis
Princeps equinorum
Equa hic intus regium est
Suscitator solis
Princeps equinorum
Equa hic intus regium est
Suscitator solis
Princeps equinorum
Equa hic intus regium est
Suscitator solis
Princeps equinorum
Equa hic intus regium est