• Published 29th May 2022
  • 830 Views, 59 Comments

MLP A New Generation 3: The Rise of Armored Hoof - TwiShine45



Sunny still searches for answers, a band plays excellent music, and they all try to save Equestria

  • ...
2
 59
 830

Chapter 13

Over the next few weeks, Maretime Bay was abuzz with activity. Some of it was out of fear, some out of excitement, and some simply out of pure necessity. A new security force, under Zipp’s command, was being trained in order to meet any potential threat from Scarlet Wing. Composed of all three pony kinds, the force was becoming somewhat formidable in the art of hoof-to-hoof combat. Not only that, but Zipp turned the Pegasi into an air unit and the Unicorns into a magic unit. The Earth Ponies, not having any magic of their own, were very gifted in terms of physical strength and tactical prowess. It was these ponies that Zipp turned to as captains of her ground forces. All in all, 10,000 ponies enlisted, and Zipp thought that it was more than enough to meet any credible threat.

Then, there were the preparations being made for Sunny’s impending coronation as ruler of Equestria. She’d already been named the leader of Maretime, and as her position demanded, so she gave orders to others. However, she never forgot her focus on friendship, and so her orders were more like amiable requests. She surrounded herself with her close friends and named them after Twilight’s old Council of Friendship that she’d read about in one of her late father’s books. These were the ponies that guided Maretime Bay and, indeed, all of Equestria. With the monarchy of Zephyr Heights dissolved and Bridlewood coming under Maretime’s umbrella, Sunny wielded absolute power.

Yet, she still concerned herself about whether or not Astral Flare was her mother. She’d managed to keep their connection a secret from everypony else. If it were to get out, then she’d have a true problem on her hooves. Astral was still seen as a common criminal, lambasted in the streets of the city where she’d grown up. Should Sunny be attached to Astral’s issues, then her future as Princess would be in jeopardy. But, worse still, her entire friendship circle would collapse before her very eyes. So, she told absolutely nopony, not even her closest confidante…well…almost nopony.

Ever since her inner monologue with Izzy’s voice, she’d turned ever more to her old friend for guidance. Somewhere inside, she registered that it was her own consciousness manifesting as Izzy, yet some other part of her wanted so desperately for Izzy to return. Yet, she knew that, even with all the magic in the land, this was impossible. She also knew how taboo it was among the Unicorn community to use magic in such pursuits. Izzy’s body remained in that wretched cave in what once was The Everfree Forest…rotting away to nothing, without even a proper burial. These facts shook Sunny to her core. If Izzy could die, so could one of her other friends, and that made Sunny the most nervous of all.

One day, about a week before her coronation, she sat in her office in Maretime Bay City Hall. The mayor had gladly deposed herself before offering it to Sunny. Still, though, Sunny insisted upon having the ex-leader as deputy council pony, with a brand new office to go with it. That was simply the type of pony Sunny Starscout was; kind, loyal, generous, and a true friend. But now, she sat in her swivel chair, trying to figure out what it would be like to actually become the monarch of all Equestria. Her title as leader of Maretime Bay came with no crown, no guards, no royal processions…no fuss. Now, it seemed that she’d be a million miles away from everything she knew and everypony she loved.

What do I do, Izzy? She silently asked the air.

Do about what? Izzy’s voice squeaked.

This thing…my new title…the destiny that Twilight Sparkle herself placed on me. She’s my idol, my hero…my friend. I don’t want to disappoint her!

Um, she’s dead, might I remind you, Izzy said.

So are you! Sunny barked

Yeah, I know, Izzy said, but I’m also not really Izzy, remember?

Oh, yeah…I keep forgetting that part.

Look, Sunny, I know you want me back, but that simply can’t happen. You’ve got to stand on your own four hooves and tell the world that you’re ready for this. Sunny, you can do this. I know I may be you manifesting as me, but trust me, you can do it. All the confidence in the world means nothing without true friendships around…and you’ve got that, Sunny. Hitch, Zipp, and Pipp will be right by your side to guide you.

But, they’ll be in Maretime! Sunny wailed internally. I’ll be in Canter-oh-Canter…Canter-blot, or whatever it is. I’ll be all alone!

No, you won’t! Izzy snorted. Real friendships transcend land, sea, and air in order to make themselves known and this is no different. Do you honestly believe that those three will forget you? Have you forgotten the friendships you share? More importantly, have you forgotten that, recently, you and Hitch became a thing?!

Sunny blushed as she thought of her handsome stallion. Okay, okay, I see your point. I do know the closeness we have and the bond we share…but, still. Even if they all move to Canter-whatever, I still might feel emotionally distant. I mean, I’m gonna be ruling the freakin’ country!

Then, do things to settle yourself, Izzy’s calming voice came back. Find outlets for yourself and your friends. Go on dates with Hitch, go flying with Zipp, or write lyrics for songs with Pipp! You’ve always loved doing those things, and now you’ll have to rely on them to keep yourself close with your friends.

Sunny took a deep breath. She knew that her Izzy-riddled consciousness was right. Her friends wouldn’t leave her. She’d never be abandoned. Plus, should her relationship with Hitch go any further, she was also beginning to have thoughts of a wedding. That would mean that he would become Prince of Equestria. Everything was beginning to move in a blur, one that Sunny was somewhat scared of. But, she knew that, with her friends beside her, she didn’t have anything to worry about.