• Published 28th Sep 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 37 Comments

What am I Supposed to do Now - Yurikomaru



A typical ponified human in Equestria. The Fiction will be narrated from the mind of the OC

  • ...
15
 37
 1,648

Chapter 3 : Friends

I fall back on my ass. I'm not overly afraid of snakes, but seeing that red eye glaring at me with such desire just stopped my heart for a second. I'm leaning back against a tree staring at the hole, waiting for the snake to slither out. I'm so wound up that my wings are frayed out behind me. Nothing is happening. The hole is still just glowing. I lean my head back and gently rest it against the tree trunk behind me. What is going on? This is so weird.

As I sit there zoning out I notice my wing frayed out beside me. No feathers. What the fuck? Pegasus's are supposed to have feathers, why do I just have thick red skin? They look more like bat wings than Pegasus wings. I know I was complaining that ponies aren't supposed to have feathers, but that didn't mean I wanted to be a freak.

I *thunk* my head back harder, to the point where a sharp pain shoots through my skull. I'm beginning to dislike this world. ... I'm stuck. I try to lift my head from the tree, but something is holding me there. I pull with more force, fear causing my adrenalin to pump a little bit. *pop* "Now what's going on?!" I turn around and look at the tree, there are two small holes where my head hit.

Holes? It looks like someone stabbed it with a knife or a pick. ... do I have two knives sticking out of my head? I try to reach my hoof up behind my head, but am not coordinated or flexible enough to do it. "And where the fuck is that snake!?" I get up and trot over to the gloving whole and glare inside it. The red eye is right there glaring back, full of anger. This time I don't back away, I keep glaring. Our little staring contest goes on for a few seconds with nothing happening, the eye peering back me seems to soften a little.

It just so happens my anger dispersed at the same moment. I reach down with my hoof and tap the eye. *clink* it's hard. I brush more dirt away, there is more read. I see a face, a pony face. A pony face with reptile like eyes and a puffy flowing mane is staring at me with a confused look on his face. There are two horns sticking out the front side of his head, pointing backwards. They look like unicorn horns, but are pointing in the wrong direction. I stick out my tongue. O.K, the pony's tongue is NOT forked, that's good. "I guess I can't help being the freak of Equestria".

I dig out the rest of the object, it's a gemstone. A mouthwatering gemstone. ... mouthwatering? *grumble grumble stomach* I guess I haven't eaten since ... Since I was born, anything would look mouthwatering right now. I hope this gem is worth something, I'll try and sell it when I get to a town. Right now I need to go find something to eat. I look at my sides for pockets or something to put the stone in ... no pants, great. I pick the stone up with my mouth and start walking toward a path I saw on my flight here.

Hmm, something tastes pretty good. This stone, tastes like cherries. It's so sweet! I put the stone down and start licking it. Is this some weird candy rock a filly buried out here for safe keeping? It looks just like the gemstones in the show though, and ponies don't eat gemstones. Only Dragons eat gemstones. And I'm a deformed pony, not a dragon. A deformed pony? Or a Dragon Pony? I stretch my wings out again and look over my shoulder. It's not really scales, just thick bumpy skin. The rest of me is covered in a light tan fur. My wings are definitely different; dragon like. My eyes look like a snake. A snake, ... or a Dragon!

My unicorn horns, look awfully like Dragon horns would look like. I hope they are still magic. So dragons eat gemstones, can I eat a gemstone? But dragons have those sharp teeth that seem to cut through gemstone somehow, pony teeth are for eating hay and stuff. Unless... I pick up the stone in between my hooves and look at my reflection. I lift up my lips and open my mouth. The front of my teeth are sharp as hell! But, the back look like molars, meant for grinding. Can I eat both things? Or will they clash and I won't be able to eat anything? One way to find out.

I close my eyes and bite hard into the stone using my front teeth. *crunch* I easily bite through the gem. It's awkward to chew with my front teeth, so I move the stone to the back. It's pretty tough, but my molars are able to crush into the stone into a delicious powder. I finish off the stone. That's pretty good, but I can't help but wonder how much I could have sold it for. ... what's with this greed? Another trait of the dragon? I guess I didn't only inherit the good things. How did this even happen? I don't know, and I don't even care right now. I'll figure it out later. I just have to get out of here, this place is starting to bother me.

I rear back, flare my wings and take off. The sky is so nice, Michael was right in wanting to be a Pegasus. The sky is clear, except that storm off to the left. It's actually a pretty hefty storm. Lightning flashes under the dark clouds in the distance, and something blue seems to be glowing inside the cloud. A blue gemstone? Inside a cloud? No, that doesn't make sense. I better go check it out, following the glowing thing worked out last time.

As I approach the storm I hear laughter echoing around. The sky growing darker and darker as I get closer. I can see some things I couldn't really see before. Under the clouds is a red glow, but unlike the one that drew me near, this one repels me. It looks like, ... looks like fire!, a raging fire in the forest. Maybe the Pegasus's made this storm to deal with the fires? I pick up my pace, maybe I can help. As I get closer I see that the dark clouds aren't even raining. What the hell? The eerie blue glow in the clouds is gone now that I'm just outside the range of the clouds.

They are moving pretty fast, moving away from the fires and toward a nearby city. Alright, let's get rid of this cloud. The lightning is only exacerbating the fire, and it's not even raining. Pegasus's buck the clouds to get rid of them, let's see if I can do anything. I use my powerful wings and launch myself towards the side of the dark grey cloud. I flip and collide with the cloud, kicking hard with my hind legs. A huge chunk of the cloud breaks apart and inside the crater I see piercing violet eyes gazing out at me.

"Boo." a lightning bolt erupts from the cloud behind the eyes and catches me in the chest. I drop to the ground like a ton of bricks, the laughing continues. A white male Alicorn with a dark blue mane bursts out from the top of the cloud. "And just what are supposed to be? I've never seen anything like you before, probably some kind of weapon sent by the evil queen." there is an insane look in his eye as he looks down at me, I still find it difficult to breath after that lightning bolt, let alone run or attack right now.

Wait, he's glowing blue, the kind of glow that sticks into my head. "Michael?" that caught his attention as the laughing stopped and his gaze fixated on me. He softly landed down next to me, his skeptical eyes unblinking. "John?"

"Damn Mike, I thought you were going to be a Pegasus." That hurt.

"Well, I thought you were going to be a Unicorn, what are you anyway?"

I'm just going to ignore his question. "Why are you shooting random things with lightning bolts, and what are you doing bringing violence to this world? I thought the reason we wanted to come here was because it was peaceful."

Michael's eyes widened and became serious, speaking in a hushed voice "It's not. Things die here all the time, I can see them all with these eyes. Ponies steal, rape and murder; They're just like people... And I'm going to stop it." Michaels mad grin returns. "I know how to stop it! Haha!, I'm going to take over and make my own laws. They have the power to maintain order, they just choose not to." He began laughing again as he reared his head back to the sky.

"We're supposed to endure and prevail over hardships, not just kill everything!"

"Without Erica, there is no reason to endure. I'm going to remake this world as I see fit." Michaels serious face was motionless for a second, before he Flapped his wings and burst into the sky.

"WHAT DOES THOU THINKEST THOU EST DOING" princess Luna can be seen high above the ground confronting Michael. Michal is saying something, but can't be heard. Luna however speaks clearly. "THOU HAS GONE MAD. CEASE THIS SENSELESS REBELLION AND SUBMIT!" Michael speaks a few more words and laughs. "I WILL PERMIT THEE TO HARM OUR SUBJECTS NO LONGER, PREPARE TO BE DEFEATED!" Luna shoots a lightning bolt from her horn at Michael, who deflects the attack with a hoof, sending it hurling in an unknown direction. This is repeated several times as Princess Luna attacks.

"Damn Michael, what are you doing, who knows where those lightning bolts are hitting" I continue watching the battle, feeling my strength return as Michael begins his offensive. He shoots a continuous stream of lightning out of his horn at Luna, who puts a barrier to absorb the blast. I can hear Michal laughing in the distance as two more streams of lightning erupt from his outstretched hooves.

Luna's barrier cracks and breaks under the onslaught as she is engulfed in lightning. The attacks stop and Luna's Limp body falls headfirst toward the ground. I'm stunned for a moment, awed at how Michael was actually able to beat one of the princesses. Then realize that I should probably go catch Princesses Luna before she breaks her neck.

I stretch my wings once again and hurl myself toward the falling Alicorn as she accelerates toward the ground; why do her wings have to be tucked in at a time like this? They could at least slow the fall. I catch the Princess, surprised at how much the goddess actually weighs as I bring her unconscious body to the ground. I don't think I'm able to fly her off to a more safe location. I look up toward Michael, a clump forming in my throat.