• Published 28th Sep 2012
  • 1,647 Views, 37 Comments

What am I Supposed to do Now - Yurikomaru



A typical ponified human in Equestria. The Fiction will be narrated from the mind of the OC

  • ...
15
 37
 1,647

Chapter 1 : Death

I've always liked thunderstorms, not so much driving in them though. Technically I'm not driving, I'm in the passenger seat; the lovebirds are in the back, and my 'blind date' is driving. We're coming back from a party we double dated to. We didn't drink much at all really, only like one drink each. My friend Michael tried to drink more, but his girlfriend, Erica, tactfully distracted him. I didn't want to drink at all but my date 'pressured' me to, not that it took too much effort. She had a Long Island Iced tea. I think she only had one, but I wasn't paying much attention; we each paid for our own drinks. I had a Bay Breeze, didn't like it. I don't have any moral qualms to drinking or anything, I just hate the taste. I don't know what Mike and his girlfriend had, but neither wanted to drive. I don't drive much regularly, and my date seemed pretty eager to. I have no idea why Mike thought I would like her. She looks alright, but is loud and says things without thinking what she's actually saying. Maybe he just picked her in the first place because she had a car and was willing to drive. The rain is pounding on the windshield; we're all pretty quiet, music softly playing in the background.

I glance over to my date, she is giggling to herself. ''What's up?'' she looks over to me in response and points back over her shoulder. Mike and his girlfriend are cuddling together, asleep. I wonder how much they actually had to drink.

''I had a lot of fun.'' she reaches up and brushes some loose strands of hair behind her ear. Now she's speaking quietly? Maybe because they're sleeping in the back? At least that makes her considerate. I return my attention to the storm outside, and my thoughts.

I look back from my window a moment later and see her staring at me through the side of her eye, waiting for a response i guess. ''Yeah, it was pretty fun. Next time let's go somewhere a little quieter.'' She seemed to light up at the idea of another date. I didn't actually think we got along all that great. But I have nothing better to do, and it actually was kind of fun; it's worth finding more about her, even though I don't actually remember her name; I'll get it from Mike later. I look back out the window, a stop light warning. It's raining pretty hard. ''Lets slow down a bit, I'm not in any rush''. she's oblivious. Humming to herself, smiling. Eh, whatever, I'm sure she can handle it. I lean back and rest on the head of the seat.

This car is riding is so smoothly, it's so relaxing; ''OhmyGod OhmyGod Ohmygod!'' I look over to see my date frantically turning the wheel back and fourth ''It's not moving? It's not moving!''

The engine is rearing as if she is pushing the gas, ''Hold the wheel straight and push the break on and off, break!'' we're careening toward a red light unable to stop. As I attempt to stabilize the wheel, I look over my shoulder and see a Mac Truck for an instant coming at us from the side. I have no idea where I am, what position my body is in. I'm being tossed around as if I were nothing, everything spinning. Screeching and screams are all I hear. Broken glass, flying metal. At some point my seat belt must have snapped. I'm weightless, then I hit the ground hard. It's muddy; I can hardly move; I can't hear. The only thing I feel is rain on my face, the rest of me is numb. I stare at the dark stormy sky, lightning flashes. Something else flashes, closer to the ground. I tilt my head and see a fire. The car I was just in, and a tanker car, where is everyone else? I can't be the only one. My vision starts to fade out, I'm being lifted, hear distant voices

''The damage is pretty bad. I don't think he's going to make it, just keep him comfortable''

''What about the others?''

''2 passengers D.O.A. The driver should make it, and this ones clock is ticking.''

I tried to open my eyes, say something. Nothing, no reaction. What do those guys know anyway? Medical Doctors are full of themselves, I'll survive this. I can feel it, this isn't the end. I lay in silence a little longer. Should I rest? I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I'm going to try to open my eyes again ... Whiteness. Everywhere I look is whiteness. I'm not even really laying on anything anymore. Am I dreaming? Suddenly noise erupted all round me, filling my head.

''YOU ARE NOT ASLEEP YOUNG ONE"

What?! God? ''who is that? Where are you?''

''I AM EVERYWHERE, AND CONSIST OF EVERYONE''

Ok, just chill John. You're sleeping, or in a coma or something

''YOU ARE NOT ASLEEP''

''Then what is going on!? Why am I not with everyone else, or in Hell!?''

I was answered with silence. Giving me time to find my bearings? Come to grip with things? Well it's probably best he, .. It ... they don't answer right now. I have a headache. O.K. so let's think about this. I died?, and am in some sort of purgatory. I'm not on fire, so that's a plus. And this God thing wants to talk to me, that's pretty cool I guess, makes me a little special.

''YOU ARE SPECIAL'' ''THE GOD OF ANOTHER UNIVERSE HAS TAKEN INTEREST IN YOU''

Ugh, my head. I guess I don't need to actually speak, this thing can apparently read my mind. So ... there are multiple Gods, and for some reason one is interested in me. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. ''So what now?''

''YOU HAVE A CHOICE'' ''EITHER EXIST IN MY HEAVEN, OR LIVE IN THEIR WORLD''

Live in their world? So I'll have a new life? What is their world like?

''IT IS A WORLD OF YOUR CHOOSING''

This feels like a riddle or something. I don't want him to elaborate too much because I don't need my head to explode, but everything is so vague, with one piece of information at a time. Let me prepare my head for response real quick. ''If a specific God of a specific world has taken an interest in me, how am I able to choose what world I'll go to? Won't I automatically have to go to their world?''

''THEY TRUST THAT THE WORLD OF YOUR CHOOSING WILL BE THEIR WORLD''

''Do others have this choice?''

''FEW HAVE THIS PRIVILEGE''

''What will I do there?''

''LIVE DIE AND EXIST WITH THEM''

So this other god wants my soul I take it. And I have to live there in order for it to have my soul. ''which existence will be better for me?''

''YOU MAY EXIST IN EITHER BOTH OR NEITHER AS YOU CHOOSE'' ''THE PRICE FOR BEING ABLE TO EXIST WITH THEM IS LIVING AND DIEING WITH THEM''

''I can choose any world I can think of? Even one of fantasy?''

''YES''

''Can I request that another have this choice also?''

''YOU MAY REQUEST''

''I request that my friends Michael and Erica also have this choice''

''VERY WELL'' ''IT IS DONE''

... They're not here ''where are they?''

''THE MALE MADE HIS OWN CHOICE IN HIS OWN PLANE''

''THE FEMALE HAS CHOSEN TO EXIST IN HEAVEN''

That was fast, I guess time might not work the same in this place. Erica chose heaven? Well that's a good enough choice I guess. I was hoping Michael would show up here. we made an agreement on what world we would choose together if something like this were to happen, but that was a long time ago. He's probably going to pick a different world or something, but oh well. I'll keep my side of the deal, regardless of how embarrassing it may be to bring it up with god. ''I choose the world of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic. A television program on Earth. I'd like to be a Male Unicorn, Living in Equestria if possible'' I can feel myself blushing as I say it. There is more silence as I wait for a response, my old life already seeming to fade away.

''VERY WELL'' ''YOU WILL ARRIVE IN YOUR CHOSEN LAND''

''Thank you! Is there anything I need to know about that land before I arrive?''

''THE LAND IS NOT EXACTLY AS YOU IMAGINE'' ''AND THEIR GOD IS UNLIKE US''

''what do you mean?''

''AS WE CHOSE TO EXIST OUTSIDE OF YOUR REALM, THE GOD OF EQUESTRIA CHOOSES TO LIVE AMONG THE SUBJECTS'' ''KNOW THAT THE RULES OF THIS LAND ARE NOT THE SAME AS OURS AND THAT YOUR WILL IS WHAT GOVERNS YOUR POWER AND FORM''

Now I'm a little weary at that sketchy information. ''can you tell me if Michael has chosen that land?''

''IT IS IRRELEVANT'' ''PREPARE TO DEPART''