• Published 28th Sep 2012
  • 1,647 Views, 37 Comments

What am I Supposed to do Now - Yurikomaru



A typical ponified human in Equestria. The Fiction will be narrated from the mind of the OC

  • ...
15
 37
 1,647

Chapter 2 : Birth

Well, now or never. "I'm ready." I close my eyes and get ready to feel pain, or whatever it is that is about to happen. I begin to spin, or at least it feels like I'm spinning. I can no longer feel my body as I'm whisked around powerless to stop it. I remember what I was told. 'your will is what governs your power and form' I'm not powerless! I had a strong will in my previous life, and I am going to have a strong will in my next. I force myself to stop spinning. I slowly still myself. I'm still unable to feel my body, but no longer feel as powerless.

I need to form my body. A sense of self is present now, I feel a torso. Stretch out my arms and legs before me. I refuse to be weak in this new world. I will be a powerful Unicorn. I begin to form my head. In my mind I see my pony body taking definite form. I will be relevant in this world; I will be useful; I will be needed. I can see my silhouette in my mind. My power will be great! I will reach beyond anypony! I feel my body begin to solidify.

I will be able to contend with any creature of Equestria! My power will surpass even that of the mightiest of dragons! My body finally forms. I try and breath, but feel as though my lungs are on fire. The fire spreads throughout my body, my head seems like it is splitting in two as I feel myself falling downward. The pain travels to my spine, where the fire bursts out of my back. I'm falling apart. Is this what it's like being born? The searing pain continues down, farther and farther. Lighting coursing through my entire body. I hit the ground softer than I thought I would, but still abruptly. My head feels numb, my body limp.

The last of the pain seems to be seeping out of somewhere. My tail? I have a tail? I guess it would be odd if I didn't have one. Fatigue is now all I really feel. This kind of sucks. I slowly open my eyes. Blurry. Everything looks kind of blurry. And dull, like a tinge of grey is over everything. I guess ponies have pretty bad eyesight. Maybe that's why everything is so colorful in the show, to compensate for poor vision. I see trees at least, and the forest doesn't seem very dense. The numbness is wearing off, and that throbbing feeling in my scull is becoming harder and harder to ignore. I bring my hand up to my forehead. It's hard ... A hoof.

I'm laying on my back, with three of my hooves sprawled out around me, and one resting on my head. This probably isn't the best place to sleep, I have no clue where I am. I roll over to my stomach and try to stand. *trip* I fall on my face, damn. I was hoping doing things would come natural. I guess I have to focus. I look at the two hooves in front of me. I put them hoof down on the ground. I can't see my back hooves, but I think I got this. I pull my knees toward me, and wobbly put the hooves right side on the ground. Its so awkward.

O.K. So I was just born, and am now learning to crawl on all fours, great. Let's take a step. *trip* damn. How the hell do horses and ponies walk? I have no idea. I stand up again and look down at my hooves. I move my front right hoof a step, now my left. ... now I'm stretched. Back right, back left. O.K., I guess that worked a little, now let's try a little faster. Right, left, right, left, right, *trip* damn.

I guess I got the order wrong. Let's try this again. I think that I need to move my front and back at the same time, and keep the weight distribution pretty even. So I'm going to move my front right and my back left, letting the other legs hold my weight. I'll start off with a slow walk. I scrunch my face and get ready to trip again, but I don't this time. I awkwardly step along through the woods for a bit, taking in the scenery.

Things aren't as blurry now, but still pretty grey. I can see the colors. I know the leaves are green, but it's a dull green. The grass is pretty short, maybe this is the Whitetail Woods; The tame woods near ponyville. That would be convenient, I'm sure Michael would go to ponyville to meet up with me. Actually, I'm not even sure if Michael knows I'm here. Hell, I don't even know if he's here. At least there is a path up ahead. That should lead me somewhere.

As I come up to the path I now have a choice, left or right. I would flip a coin, but I am now unable to flip coins; plus I'm penniless, or bitless anyway. I have a feeling I ought to go left for some odd reason, so I decide to head right for shits and giggles; I can always turn around if I need to. It has gotten alot easier to walk now, my mind finally wrapping around the idea of having four feet. One of my favorite things to do on earth was look around at the scenery, i just hope I don't get too bored walking this path. This scenery doesn't look like anything special; just little bushy top trees. Let's see if I cast some magic, I ought to be a unicorn.

I stop and focus on a stone on the ground, telling it to float. Nothing happens. I stare at it more. Nothing happens. I walk up and kick it. The stone goes skidding down the path. There, ... it moved. I should probably make sure I even have my horn before I try to use magic. Lets see, can I see it going cross eyed and looking up. I derp around for a little bit looking cross eyed up at the sky. Nope, can't see it, only a red mane.

It's supposed to be sticking out in front of me, so if I gently put my forehead against a tree, it should bump against it. I walk up to a nearby tree next to the path and gently put my snout up against it. I slowly inch forward rolling my head forward, my forehead slowly gets closer and closer to the trunk of the tree until my forehead is completely pressed up against the tree. Damn it! Did something get screwed up? Maybe I just have a little baby horn that doesn't go past my damn crown.

I trot up and kick the stone, it goes flying into a bush. *thunk* ... *growl* ...uh-oh. A medium sized bear stalks around the bush, a rather large lump forming on the top of his head. "Oh, umm, sorry about that." can this thing even understand me? I know the ponies talk to animals sometimes. Little tear drops are forming at the corner of the bears angry eyes as it continues to growl and draw closer. O.K. what are you supposed to do if a bear attacks? Play dead? I think that's a last resort.

You need to make yourself look big and tough, so the bear leaves you alone. I puff out my chest and speak up "yeah I kicked that rock, and I'm probably going to kick another one later." This had no effect on the bear as it walked forward and I backward. I can't really wave my hands around or grab a big stick. I'm going the neigh and rear my hooves up, nothing want's to kicked in the face by a horse ... or a pony.

I snort and stomp my hooves, it's not very effective. My haunches bump against a tree trunk as the bear get's ever closer. It's all or nothing now. I neigh loudly and rear up on my hind hooves, my body clenches and I feel my back flare out and stretch past my body. The young bear is startled by this show and scurries off, it's anger having some time to dwindle during the slow chase.

Wings? So I have wings now? *face hoof* at least I don't have a dinky baby horn for everypony to make fun of, and it's still better than being an Earth pony. No offence to any Earth ponies of course. Well, now that my heart is started I guess I better get going. Not two seconds after I began walking back down the path did I hear more scurrying in the brush. I saw the young bear teary eyed pointing in my direction, and behind it ... uh-oh.

I began running down the path as a big mama bear came charging after me. Ponies are pretty fast but I'm new to running, and the bear was catching up fast. Maybe these wings are a godsend, let's hope I don't screw this up. I clenched my back and flared out my wings. Thrust, lift, drag, thrust, lift, drag, I got this! I began flapping my wings, clenching to flare, and pulling forward to lift.

A rhythm started to form and I found myself picking up speed, flying in to the air. It's a little harder than I would have liked, Ponies are too heavy to fly. It doesn't really make sense that I can, then again a mammal having feathers doesn't make sense either, so what the hay! It's definitely worth the effort. I'm not that high above the trees, but the wind in my face flowing through my mane; It puts my mind at ease. Makes me almost forget that a few seconds ago I was about to be mauled by a giant bear. I look down at the trees, it's beautiful. Even with this crappy vision I know its beautiful.

From the corner of my eye a pulsating red light in the distance snatches my attention. I just have to go see what that is. It's so much brighter than everything else, even the sun. I adjust my course to the glowing wonder. I'm almost not blinking as I approach it, I see the light shine through the trees, what the hell is it?, and why does it drill it's self right into my brain?

I land near the light, my first flying attempt was much more successful than my first walking attempt. The extrinsic motivation may have helped a little. I can see the light glowing behind a bush, another damn bush. I pace around it. Dirt. I see dirt, but I also see the glow. The glow is coming from under the dirt. Don't ask me how I see it, I haven't the foggiest. It doesn't look too deep, I'm going to dig it up. ... How the hell do I dig? I kick the ground for a few seconds, then stop. I can't help but feel like Rarity trying to dig. "I'm not afraid to get dirty!"

I push my hoof into the earth and use it as a shovel to scoop out dirt. After a few scoops the glowing is right under the dirt. I shove my face in the hole, almost drooling, ... hell I'll admit it, I was drooling. I used my hoof to brush away the dirt. "A FUCKING SNAKE!"