• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 616 Views, 4 Comments

Quick Wit Scenarios - Antisocial Ind.



Kwik Witte goes to Ponyville and hilarity ensues, and he picks up on how to become funny.

  • ...
 4
 616

Arrival

"Alright, this is what I am TALKING about!" Kwik Witte, a dark green unicorn, said as he entered Ponyville. He continued walking, trying to find the house he was going to be renting from. He pulled his cart with him using his own muscle, but with significant aid from his magic. The cart had everything he owned to his name in it; books, special clothing, a little bit of food, some money, and other insignificant personal items.

He walked through the middle of town, and almost couldn't keep up with all the 'Good Day!'s and 'Hello-how-are-you?'s he was getting. The people in this town were SO friendly! This was gonna be much better than he thought it would be. He was walking along for probably a half hour before he realized he had no idea where to look. He decided to stop and ask for directions. Setting his cart down, he walked up to a pair of cute mares talking. One of them was a pink pony with an even pinker mane, and it was all frizzy and messy, while the other was a gray pony with a dark grey mane, and a Treble Cleft cutie mark. The pink one was talking loudly, and very very quickly, while the gray one didn't seemed to be particularly interested in conversation.

"Anyway, I'm Pinkie Pie, in case you forgotten since last month, and it's SO nice to see you again, Octavia, I hope we can see each other more often, maybe we can make cupcakes, OMIGOSH CUPCAKES! I love cupcakes, don't you?! Well, mostly it's the icing but the sweetened bread is really nice, too!"

She would not. Stop. Talking. Honestly it was kind of like checking out a box of nails and a hammer, both of which are desperately needed to finish an important new roof on the shed which needs to be completed in the next hour so as to prevent the impending storm from raining it out, while also being forced to hear the life story of an oblivious perky cashier from Hell who is incapable of the slightest gesture of understanding. The gray pony - Octavia? Yes that was it - looked over at Kwik with a subtle desperation in her eyes that politely inquired if it was possible for Kwik to HELP ME DEAR CELESTIA I AM TRAPPED! Or at least, that was a probable rough translation. Kwik reached out and tapped the pink pony on the shoulder twice. She turned and looked at him, while also shutting up.

"I am so sorry to interrupt you fine ladies, but could you he-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before the pink pony let out a loud gasp, jumped 6 feet in the air, held it for roughly a second, and darted away, still levitating.

"Did she... just...."

"Don't ask," said Octavia.

"Oh, well then."

"Thank you so much for helping me out, I honestly don't know what I would have done if I had stayed there a moment longer."

"Twas my pleasure, m'lady. Now, would you be so kind as to return the favor, maybe?"

"Uh, yeah sure. What do you want?"

"I was hoping you could tell me where I could find 213 Bubblegum Lane?" Suddenly, Octavia's eyes expanded.

"Oh, that's my address! You must be Kwik, then?"

"Oh, yes. So you're name is Octavia, right?"

"Huh, that certainly is impressive."

"What is?"

"That you managed to discern my name from Pinkie Pie's random gibberish." They both shared a chuckle, and found themselves staring. Octavia realized this and quickly looked away.

"Right, well, shall we go to the house?"

"Oh, erm, yes, let's."

There was a slight awkwardness to the silence as they walked back to Octavia's place.

"Oh, you did read about Vinyl, yes?"

"Oh. I thought the floors were made of hardwood." Again, Octavia chuckled.

"No, no. Vinyl Scratch is my roommate."

"Ah, yes, I remember now."

"And that won't be a problem?"

"Not at all, I don't think." His statement was a slight lie. He didn't think it would be a problem, but he did KNOW that it would be no problem for him. What could be better than living in a nice house with two mares who were both musically inclined? Yes this was going to be excellent, indeed.


They arrived at 213 Bubblegum Lane after a decent 10 minute walk. They approached the door and it was became fairly obvious what kind of musician Octavia's roommate was. She was an electronic musician, from the sound coming from the house. Ultra heavy bass and powerful wubs indicated that she loved dubstep. Which was ok, as Kwik didn't really mind it, but he didn't exactly know what it was as a genre either. Octavia opened the door and walked inside.

"VINYL!" she called, but to no avail. She reached over to the wall next to the door. Instantly the music shut off. The sudden lack of changing pressure was shocking to Kwiks ears, and he recoiled and grabbed them.

"Ah!"

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I forgot that the first few times it hurts a bit. It's a kill switch so Vinyl knows when I get home."

"I see," Kwik said, not really seeing. A chalk-white pony with a blue mane came down a flight of steps. She had rather large red sunglasses on, and they were very opaque, so her eyes were not visible. She had two eighth notes as a cutie mark. She walked right up to Kwik and offered her hoof.

"Vinyl Scratch. Nice to meet ya," she said, grinning. There was an air of cockiness about her. Her attitude expressed a tomboyish personality, and she had a slight swagger to her step.

"Kwik Witte. Likewise." Kwik took her hoof and shook it. They let go and Vinyl walked right up to Octavia and - sweet Celestia. Vinyl planted one right on Octavia.

"Welcome home."

"Yes, thank you dear." Octavia was blushing slightly. Vinyl walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, and started messing around with the contents.

"Oh, so, you and Vinyl...?"

"Yes." Octavia turned and went into the kitchen and got herself something to eat. Vinyl came out with a sandwich and offered it to Kwik.

"Here ya go. After you finish, we'll go out and get your stuff put away."

She had one of her own, and started eating it right away. Kwik thanked her and partook in his own sandwich. It was surprisingly good. Like, really good. Like, so good that you would consider lubing it up with mayo and having amazingly passionate mouth sex with it. He finished it in a hurry, and he and Vinyl went outside and started unloading Kwiks stuff.

"Wow, you got some nice nick-nacks here."

"Thanks, I guess."

They unloaded everything and proceeded to carry it in to Kwiks room. It was in the basement, through a door at the bottom of the stairs. When he opened the door and turned on the light, he saw that it was of decent size, probably 700 or so square feet, though it was a little plain, being nearly a perfect square. Still, the room was pretty big relative to Kwik's expectations, so there would be no complaining. They finished loading everything into the room after about 20 minutes.

"Alright, if you need anything, just let Octavia or I know. The shower is across the hall. Ok?"

"Yep, thanks, Vinyl."

"Yeah. No prob, bro."

Her terminology was a little offsetting for a mare, but Kwik figured he'd get used to it. It was evident that she wore the pants in the relationship. As he pondered this, he looked to his left and noticed a door at the end of the hall. It piqued his interest. He looked over to the staircase and noticed Vinyl wasn't all the way up so he figured he'd ask about the door now.

"Hey, Vinyl, what's in that door, the one at the end of the hall?" She stopped and turned around and looked at him, presumably, as it was impossible to tell where her eyes were looking thanks to the shades.

"Oh, yeah, that's a place you probably shouldn't mess around in. I got stuff in there, a lot of it is for music and the such, but I'd appreciate it if you would just stay out of there. I don't really like people touching my music equipment."

"Oh, yeah that's no problem."

"Sweet," she said, smiling.

She turned back and headed up the steps. Kwik turned as well, going into his room and shutting the door. Kwik was not particularly comfortable at the moment because he had never really known any lesbians before, and now he was living with two of them. Of course he really didn't mind that they WERE lesbians, he just didn't have a mental protocol for interacting with them. It would take time to see how he could act around these two. For example, would they all become very comfortable with each other and allow certain types of off color jokes, or would they expect sensitivity to their sexual orientation? Perhaps neither? This could be a difficult situation, indeed.

At the moment it did not matter as Kwik was exhausted from his walk and pulling the cart. It was odd that he was just now feeling this way, so he decided to test out his bed. He laid down in it, and thought that it was incredibly comfortable. Like VERY comfortable. Like, he felt so comfortable with it he considered telling racist jokes to it to test their connection. As he pondered this thought, he drifted off to sleep.

A/N
Epic Wub Time is canon, get over it. Octavia and Vinyl love each other, get over it.