• Published 6th Apr 2022
  • 4,986 Views, 236 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Kibat Grenbuku



After an unexpected free fall into Everfree Forest and crashed into Twilight Sparkle, Carson, now Wishing Star, must adapt to this new world and help the soon-to-be-Princess-of-Friendship, and earn his own Cutie Mark.

  • ...
29
 236
 4,986

The Silver Rose (Part 1: Of Secrets and Drawings)

Picnic Hill, Wishing Star’s P.O.V.


Man, talk about progress! I defeated my first villain in Equestria, I’ve made a somewhat an impression on my favorite character, and just today I resolved a conflict between Rarity and Sweetie Belle! Not only that, but I’ve managed to convinced Rarity to get rid of her makeup, but she went an extra mile by changing her mane and tail style, and convinced her to go to the Sisterhooves Social, and she and Sweetie Belle won!

As a celebration of Rarity and Sweetie Belle’s first Sisterhooves Social attendance and victory, we gathered at a picnic where ‘Lesson Zero’s’ picnic took place. Everypony was able to come to the picnic, from what I could see there was Rarity, AJ, RD, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Scootaloo-

“Hey,” I asked everyone, “Has anypony seen Twilight or Spike?”

“Oh! Oh! I know! I know!” Pinkie raised her right hoof up like as if this was a class question, “She’s working on case of a mysterious stranger that’s been lurking in Ponyville!”

“A mysterious stranger?” Applejack asked the party pony, to which she nods. Is she talking about Wisper? I thought to myself, If so, then that is a good case… but wait, everypony should know everypony in Ponyville… does this mean they don’t know who this foal is?

However, the response that Pinkie told us made me side step the question entirely, and made me doing a step take in the process, “She says that this mysterious stranger only goes by, ‘The Secret Admirer.’” I busted out laugh, nearly spilling my glass of apple cider, I then heard Rarity, Applejack, and the Crusaders laughing their heads off as well, I think Flutters was giggling too, just not loud enough to hear.

Rainbow was clearly clueless. “What’s funny about that?” She asked us.

“Oh darling! You don’t know?” Rarity asked the tomboy pony, she leaned in says to her, “Wishing Star is Twilight Sparkle’s secret admirer.”

“Whoa whoa whoa, what?!” RD asked, looking at me in shock, “You have an admiration for the egghead?”

I chuckled as I leaned back onto the tree trunk, crossing my hind legs (which feels quite weird the first time, but I gotten use to them like this,) and placing my front hooves on the back of my head, as I gave her a hearty chuckle, “Well, what can I say? I have a thing with smart mares. Especially the dorky kind.”

“Ooh, such boasting.” Rarity remarks as she giggles, “Seems like now you have competition Dash.”

“Heh,” she grins, “Competition? The only competition I got is being the best flier in all of Equestria, and last I checked, no pony could even top me!” She stuck her head up with pride with crossing her forelegs.

Ignoring her boasting of self ignorance and egotism, I looked around the beautiful scenery and asked everyone, “Really nice scenery we got going on here.” Looking above the sky, I noticed some clouds rolling by. “Say Rainbow? Didn’t the Weather Patrol say that there’s going to be no clouds, just a clear sunny sky?”

Rainbow looked up saw the clouds, she raised a brow. “Huh, yeah they did say that.” She stretched out her wings, readying to take off. “Not a problem, I’ll get ‘em out of there.” She zips off, leaving a rainbow streak behind.

We watch in awe of her cloud bashing. It’s quite incredible how fast Rainbow can go, and it’s coming from the other side of the screen and into this perspective, zooming through the skies like a jet going on a blitzkrieg.

“Say Fluttershy,” I asked the yellow pegasus, “What’s it like being friends with a speedster like her?”

“Oh, she’s a great friend,” she explains, “I don’t think I couldn’t even get over the fear of flying if it wasn’t for her. Even in flight school, she cheered me on to do my best. I’m very grateful to have somepony like her, even if she’s full of herself sometimes.” She giggles at the last sentence that was said, looking up Rainbow’s flight maneuvers, making her sigh afterwards, “Sometimes I wished I was brave like her.”

Giving her a reassuring smile and a gentle pat on the back, I tell her, “Hey, you’re braver than you say you are. You just need to find a way to truly show it.” She looked at me in surprise by my words of encouragement and reassurance, then gave me a kind smile afterwards.

We then suddenly heard a loud, frustrated groan. Turning our heads got the direction of the source, we could see Spike and Twilight, who of which is wearing a duck hunter’s hat. I couldn’t help chuckle quietly, the poor unicorn must be really stumped by this ‘case,’ she even had bags under her eyes to prove it.

Everypony greeted her, to which she responds with another groan of frustration as she plops on the picnic blanket.

“Long day at the office dear?” I teasingly asked the lavender unicorn. She turned her head up at me with a looked with a face as if was asking me, ‘What do you think?’

“Twilight darling? Are you alright?” Rarity asked her in concern.

Twi sits back up with a sigh, “It’s just been a long day Rarity… I know I should be relaxing right now, but I still can’t get this ‘Secret Admirer,’ out of my mind! I should be patient and wait to see who it is, but now it’s gotten me curiouser as to who this pony is! Why is it so hard to pin point who this is!? There is approximately two hundred and forty-one ponies that could be this admirer!”

“I kept telling her that she should wait,” Spike informed us, shaking his head as he sat next to me, “But she was so confident, she kept going.”

I shrugged and said to her, “Well, whoever this is, they’re pretty good at hiding themselves in plain sight.”

The mares seemed to giggle in reply, while the two of the Crusaders and Spike groaned in disappointment, all the while Sweetie Belle, Rarity and I smiled at each other, knowing fully well that a new plan is about to unfold. “What’s so funny?” The lavender unicorn asked us.

“Twilight,” Applejack says as a few giggles escaped her lips, “What we’re sayin’ is that this admirer likes you more than anything else in Equestria. He’s in love with ya.”

Twilight’s eye nearly bulged out of her sockets in shock. “Wait, he… he loves me?! B-b-but that could be anypony!” Now it was my turn to chuckle, I covered my mouth with my hoof to make sure she doesn’t see my smile and not give away anything as she continues to panic, “I’m-I’m not fully prepared! Mentally, physically, or emotionally! I mean, I-I’m not usually a type for any stallion at all! I-I, I gotta- I gotta- I gotta figure out who this is and why they like me so much! If I don’t, I’m going to lose it and- mph!?” Pinkie suddenly shuts Twi’s mouth with some duck tape, how she even has duck tape, I’ll never know, nor do I even want to.

“There we go!” Pinkie cheers, Twilight muffles in shock, then in panic and belligerently, asking her to remove the duck tape off of her mouth, pointing at it.

“Twilight,” I say to her, she quickly turned to look at me, and I started the breathing exercise, of course, due to having duck tape taped to her mouth, she had to breathe through her nose. “Now, we need you to keep yourself calm, and let’s just have fun in this picnic. Okay?”

“Mm-hmm.” She muffles with a nod. I carefully helped Twilight remove the tape from her mouth, through her groans of discomfort, we got it off of her. She moves her mouth around and gave a sigh of relief, “Glad to have that off me. You’re right, I shouldn’t worry too much about this ‘Admirer,’ besides, my birthday is coming up within a week!”

My eyes widened as soon as she said that, I was super focused on helping Rarity and Sweetie Belle rekindled their sistership, I completely forgot about Twilight’s gift!

“Oh! That reminds me!” Rarity says to me specifically, “Wish, I have a request that I need of you. I’m going to Canterlot for a couple of days, and I need somepony to keep the Boutique running while I’m gone. I hope that isn’t too much trouble.”

That would lead into the episode of ‘Sweet and Elite!’ I know Rarity’s becoming more humble with the change she’s showing now, but still, I could still need her help! “Umm… A-Actually Rarity,” I admitted to her, “I could actually acquire your assistance and expertise since you’re heading to Canterlot, and maybe I could… come with you?”

Rarity was quite shocked by the offer, but she placed her hoof on her chin and gave it a thought. “Well… I don’t see anything wrong with it. You’re more than welcome to come to Canterlot… but are you sure?”

“What do you mean?” I asked my boss with a confused look.

“Well, if I recall from your experience at Canterlot, it’s where your troubles with some high class ponies began,” She explains to me, placing her hooves on my shoulders, “I just wanted to make sure if you’re going to be okay.”

Just seeing Rarity this concerned for me and not going on prattling about the high class ponies, bragging about them, I think I really did changed her. I smiled and said to her, “I’ll be okay Rarity, I promise. Other than that… well…” I looked at Twilight, then back at my boss, I leaned in and whispered very quietly, “I need to find a gift for Twilight.”

Rarity looks at me, then a thought came into her mind. “Well, I think I happen to know somepony who recently moved to Canterlot and started up shop there,” she explains to me quietly, “He makes the best the finest steel-based jewelry, necklaces, and bracelets. It think it’s called ‘Steel Crafts.’”

“Never heard of it.” I say to her with a shrug, “but that’s a place definitely worth checking out.” This could be a solution for getting the perfect gift, it’s a good change of pace for Twilight getting books all the time.

“Wonderful!” Rarity says cheerily as she clapped her hooves together, “Well, I suggest we should get to packing early.”

“Oh! That reminds me!” Pinkie says cheerfully as she bounced up, “I gotta go get the cake and cupcakes ready! And I could use an artist’s help.”

I was taken aback by the party pony’s request, she wants me to help her design a cake? “Pinkie I-“ I stammered in shock, “I’ll be honored to help.” I then looked at the Crusaders, this hatches me an idea. “If the Crusaders would like to try an idea with me?” The fillies looked at me with shock, I want to show them much support of getting their cutie marks and help them in any way I can, after all I am an honorary member of the Crusaders.

“But, we already tried baking.” Scootaloo informed us sadly.

I knelt down to the fillies height, and gave them words of encouragement, “Well, it can’t hurt to try again. I mean, look at Rarity and Rainbow Dash, they followed their passions on what they liked and this is more than just a one time thing to them. I’ve been doing the same thing, believe it or not.”

“And what’s that?” Applebloom asked me.

“Well, one of my passions is drawing,” I explained to them, “And since I work in the Carousel Boutique, I’m more of a concept artist, meaning I show designs that Rarity wanted me to draw and come up a finalized design. I hoping at least my cutie mark will be at least art related.”

This got Sweetie Belle inspired as she cheerfully exclaims, “Then what are we waiting for?! Let’s get to baking!” This type of attitude has now gotten the Crusaders now motivated to give baking a try again.

“That’s the spirit Sweetie Belle!” I encouraged, I then placed my hoof for a all hooves in, and the three placed their hooves on top of mine as I then announced, “Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

“CAKE DECORATORS, YAY!!!” they cheered loudly and jumped in the air in excitement and rushed off to Sugarcube Corner.

“First one there gets to taste the cake batter!” Scootaloo declares as she ran. I chuckled as Pinkie Pie and I went to the bakery as well. This is going to go well, I know it.


Sugarcube Corner,Pinkie Pie’s P.O.V.


Ooh! This gonna be so much fun! Wishing Star’s cake design is going to be great, I know it is! As we got inside, we could see Mr. and Mrs. Cake behind the counter. “Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Cake!” I greeted as we walked in.

“Oh, Pinkie dear, good to see you!” Mrs. Cake greeted back, “And I see that the Crusaders are with you.”

“Hi, Mrs. Cake!” The Crusaders greeted in unison.

She waves back at them, then she asks me, “Um, Pinkie? Would you mind if you help me with reaching for the oranges? I can’t seem to reach them.” I nodded and went behind the counter. Poor Mrs. Cake, being pregnant with twin must’ve not been easy for her, especially with reaching capacity and other limitations.

“Who’s that fine youngster with you Pinkie?” Mr. Cake asked me, pointing at my turquoise friend.

“Oh! That’s Wishing Star! He’s going to help me bake a cake for Twilight’s birthday!” I explained cheerily as I gave the basket of oranges to Mrs. Cake.

“This fine, young gentle-stallion is the Neighotiator?” Mr. Cake asked me and Wishing Star, who of which was blushing in nervousness about his title.

“U-um… that’s what everypony has been calling me now,” he chuckles as he rubs the back of his head, “but you can call me Wish.” He started to sniff as the sweet aromatic smells started hit his nostrils like a toy train. “Mmm, something smells really good in here.”

“Like it?” Mr. Cake asked him, “We’re trying a recipe my wife and I are creating, a honey lemon and orange meringue chocolate cake, and a new addition to the menu, the Dancing Spectra berry cake.”

He chuckles at the last one and asks, “Potion brew ingredient, flora decoration, and now part of a cake recipe? What will they think of next, an mane spray?” Mrs. Cake giggled at his question, she could feel the foals moving in her belly. Wish gave a concerned look to my landlord. “You okay?”

“Oh, don’t worry about me dear,” she reassured him, “The foals just can’t wait to see the world.”

His eyes went wide learning at the fact that she’s pregnant, it’s one of those funny faces of shock that you get like a performer doing all kinds of crazy stunts! “W-well, um, congratulations Mrs. Cake,” he stammers, “I-I’m sure that they’re going to be really excited to see you and Mr. Cake, ma’am.”

“Oh, thank you dear.” She says to him kindly.

“C’mon! We got a cake to bake!” I declared as he and the Crusaders followed me into the kitchen.

The Crusaders cheer as they and Wishing Star went to the kitchen as Mr. Cake says to us, “Well, you kids have fun, we’re going to visit the hospital and check if the babies are okay.”

“Send us early baby pictures!” I cheerily say as the couple went on their way out, I quickly gathered the ingredients and explained to them, “Okay! We’re going to need a baking plan as to what cake flavor should be and design it we could make! Wish! You get the designs started!”

“You got it cake boss.” He saluted as he went to grab some paper and a pencil.

“I’ll get the batter ready!” Scootaloo exclaims excitedly.

“Ah’ll grab the cake decorations!” Applebloom says as she went to the cupboards.

“I’ll get the utensils for baking!” Sweetie Belle informs us as she went to the drawers and grabbed the egg beater, whisk, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, and baking pans.

Wish returned to the kitchen table with some paper and pencil on hoof, placing them on the countertop. “Alright,” he says to us confidently, “So, what kind of designs are we going for ladies? Something cool? Something cute? What are we thinking?”

“Ooh! Ooh!” Scootaloo raised her hoof up, “Maybe we can make the cake to look like the Golden Oaks Library!”

Wish gave it a thought, then he asked me, “Pinkie, do we have enough crispy rice and fondant for that?”

“Uhh…” I giggled nervously, “Yes on the fondant… no on the crispy rice.”

“Well, that’s off the table.”

“Or on it.” I say to him, to which he chuckles to.

“Alright, any other ideas?” He asked us.

“What about a crystal cake?” Sweetie Belle asked him.

He raised a brow and asks, “Um, Sweetie, you do realize that this cake is for Twilight, right?”

“No no, what I mean is, why don’t we design the inside of the cake to look like crystals and quarts and stuff!”

I nodded in agreement and say, “Ooh! I have a modeling and texture kit in my room, perfect making it look like rocks and crystals!”

“Perfect!” He says, then he turns to me, “Pinkie, you’re going to be looking at a drawing genius in the works.” He then gets to work on the cake design. Just the way he does his squiggles, his zigzags, and how he makes those funny loop-de-loops and the jagged edges for the rock formations. Indeed I was looking at a drawing genius! Even the Crusaders were in awe at his drawing skills.

The design was remarkable! The shape of the center cake is to look like Twilight’s cutie mark, with five smaller star shaped cakes, each having a diagram of the geode designs inside the cakes, labeling the colors of bluish-purple and lavender, and on top of the center cake is a Dancing Spectra cupcake, along with other cupcakes with crystal designs.

“Wowie!” I say in shock, “This is really amazing! How come you don’t have drawing as a cutie mark?!”

He chuckles at my question and says to me, “Y’know, you’re the second pony that asked me this question. Rarity even asked me that… I guess drawing’s more like a hobby for me than a talent.” He then labeled what colors will be used for the cakes and cupcakes, and sets the paper aside. “Alright, let’s get baking. Pinkie, you and the Crusaders get to work on the cupcakes, I’ll work on the Dancing Spectra cupcake and the main cake.”

“YAY!!” the Crusaders cheered as they rushed to their respective station and get to work on the cake batters. Without a doubt, this is going to be the best cake ever!


25 minutes later, Wishing Star’s P.O.V.


I kept my hooves steady with the silver icing’s pipe bag, my hooves were shaking too much and spurted all over the cake. I exclaimed in dismay at the scene, I looked like I poured liquefied metal on a rock. “No no no no!” I groaned in frustration, trying to wipe off the icing off. Out of all the things that have be so hard, why does icing have to be one of them?! I thought to myself in anger and impatience.

“Are you okay Wishy?” Pinkie asked me.

I facehoofed myself at the nickname and groaned in infuriation, “No Pinkie, I’m okay. I’m trying to get the icing to stay on the edge of the cake, but no matter how many time I tried, I can’t seem to have steady hooves to get it done!” I slammed my hoof on the accursed icing pipe bag, but it was the bag that got the last laugh as it spewed the solidified, silver stream of sugar at my face. I spat out the icing in anger and into the sink.

Pinkie offers me a paper towel, looking at it and taking it out of her hooves. “I just don’t get it…” I say to her in confusion and anger, “How am I suppose to make the best cake ever for Twilight, if I don’t decorate a cake properly?”

“Aw, it’s okay,” Pinkie comforts me as she gave a reassuring pat on the shoulder, “It took me many tries to get the decorations right, but I live on three things. You know what that is?”

“Rage? Agitation? Humiliation?”

She giggled and shook her head no at my guess, then she says to me, “Practice. Patience. Perseverance.”

I smiled at her words and was about to thank her, but then I smelled something burning, looking behind me I see the Crusaders working on the cupcakes. Seeing that no one was watching the oven, I turned my head slowly at a smokey oven. I screamed in horror and quickly grabbed an oven mitt, put it on my hoof, and pulled the burnt Dancing Spectra cupcake. I don’t even know what I’m even looking at.

I sighed in frustration once again, looking at the destroyed cupcake.

“Hey, it’s okay Carson,” Pinkie told me reassuringly, “Mistakes like that is what makes you human after all.”

I nodded knowing she’s right. “Yeah, you’re right,” I replied to her, “I’m guessing that I’m just too much under-“ I stopped myself dead on my words, rewinding back what she says. I slowly turned my head to look at the party pony with a surprised look on my face. “I-I’m sorry… what did you call me?”

“A human?” She answered in a questioning manner, “Why?”

I was speechless. “H-How did you know that I am… was, a human? And how did you know my real name?! The only ones who knew about that is Lady Wishing Star, Lyra, and the Princesses!”

“And now me and the Crusader!” She says cheerily.

I looked at the three fillies, equally shocked as I was. Sweetie’s face went from shock to disappointment in five seconds. She then asks, “You… you lied to us?”

“What?!” I exclaimed in shock, “Nonono, girls, I didn’t lie to you!”

“Ah thought ya told yer an Englander! Why didn’t ya tell us who ya were before?” AB demanded me stomping her front hoof on the ground once.

I sighed and was about to explain, then I heard, “Well, how would you feel if he came and told you out right he was a human the first time. Would you believe him?” I looked at Pinkie Pie in shock. The Crusaders gave that question a thought with some conflicting looks on their faces. Pinkie thought as much as she continues, kneeling down to their height, “He’s only doing to protect you and our friends for our sakes. If any word like that gets out, he could be ending up in the research lab, having them, Celestia-knows-what. We’re going to make sure that his identity is kept safe, that’s a Pinkie Promise!”

I was at a loss for words. Pinkie just kept the real me a secret, even though she somehow knew that I was a human from the getgo! Pinkie looked at me does her Pinkie Promise to me. “P-Pinkie, I…” I stammered, “I don’t know what to say… oh, wait, yeah I do. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU KNOW I WAS HUMAN FROM THE START?!”

She giggled at my question and says, “Weeeeell~, I knew from the conversation that you had with Lyra, just when my Pinkie Senses went off.”

I nodded slowly and then said, “I hope I don’t offend you by saying this Pinkie, but your senses does some weird shit to your body.”

“Hey!” Sweetie snaps at me, “Watch your language!”

“Oh, whoops.” I says deadpan. So apparently, they don’t know what ‘fuck’ means, but they surely know what ‘shit’ and ‘whore’ is… okay, well, maybe except for Rainbow Dash for the last one. But then, I looked at my party throwing friend and asked, “But, if you knew who I really was, why didn’t you tell the girls who I really was and try to pry the truth out of me?”

She looked at me with a very serious sincerity and explains, “I know we have secrets of our own, but I learned a long time ago that if somepony doesn’t want to talk about that that is too personal for them, then I have no right to press on any further. Yours is a special case, and if I told them who you really were, we could lose you and I don’t want to lose a friend forever.” She gave me a hug and finally said, “You’re too important to us. You have no idea how important.”

I was completely moved by Pinkie’s words. She could’ve just told everyone in Ponyville about who I really am and just leave me. Then again, this is Pinkie Pie I’m talking to. I got nothing else to say or argue with Pinkie’s logic and hugged her back in return.

After our embrace, I looked at the Crusaders with very sad looks on their faces. I sighed at the situation with the girls and said to them very sincere, “I know this is much to take in, and I’m very sorry for lying to you all. If you could give me another chance, I promise I will make it up to you.”

After a few seconds of silence, Sweetie Belle was the first to speak up, “Well… you did convince Rarity to go with me to the Sisterhooves Social, and helped her to be a better sister. So, I’ll give it a pass and accept your apology.”

Then it was Scootaloo’s turn to speak, “And you did stop Discord from tetraforming Ponyville into Chaos Town, so you’re cool in my book.” I chuckled at Scootaloo’s mispronunciation of terraforming. The other two Crusaders looked at AB with her showing a sign of absolute concern.

“Well, ya’ll already know this,” Applebloom tells us, “We Apples never had to hide any secrets from anypony. For yer sake Carson… Ah hope ya know what yer doin’, cuz if big sis and Big Mac find out about this, they won’t forgive ya and won’t let ya back in Sweet Apple Acres again! Ah don’t want ya to get kicked out!”

I knelt down to the filly’s height and gave her a reassuring smile. “AB, I promise, everything is going to be okay. You just leave AJ to me. Besides, she knew of my fake backstory and bought it, it’s only a matter of time before she really figures it out.”

As we nodded in agreement and accounted for, Pinkie Pie teaches me how to decorate the geode cake the way how she does it. There’s something about her energy and her positive attitude just pulls you in, and makes you smile. Pinkie isn’t really one of my top favorite ponies, but when it comes to brightening up anyone’s day it would be her with her over the top randomness and affectionate smile. I know she surely did.

We then decided to remake the Dancing Spectra cupcake, and this time it came out perfect! The cupcake based is a yellow cake with glimmering sparkles in it, which they are edible according to Pinkie and a couple of other ponies, the frosting has all of the colors of the rainbow.

I could only think of how I’m going to break this to Rarity, Applejack, Spike, and the rest of the girls, especially Rainbow Dash. Knowing her and Applejack, they have no problem kicking my butt to kingdom come, but in Rainbow’s case, sending me elsewhere than the moon, and I don’t even plan on finding out.

I just only hope tomorrow will go much smoother than this fiasco.


Ponyville Train Station, Rarity’s P.O.V. The next day.


I was looking around the station for Wish, he’s usually on time with scheduled time and date. Sweeping my newly turquoise and light yellow bangs aside as to not obscure my view of sight. I was starting to get worried, did he decided to no longer show up? Perhaps I was pushing him a little too much for having him coming along to Canterlot.

The words from Wish kept playing in the back of my mind, ”For years, I kept hoping somepony would just for once look and me and think, ‘You know, this guy might need help,’ but apparently they don’t have time for a grown stallion for getting a Cutie Mark.”

After Wish had me go through that change, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Back then, I use to believe that I was a Canterlot pony at heart, but now I realize that Canterlot might not be what I thought it would be, but surely there has to be some high class pony that are different than others, right?

However, my thoughts were put to a halt when I saw a very messy Wishing Star rushing towards me. His mane was completely messy and covered many colors of frosting, his pelt was matted, his eyes were red with bags under his eyes, and had a very very tired look on his face, with a exhausted pants. Trailing behind him was Pinkie Pie’s suitcase, Pinkie must’ve let him borrowed it until he gets back.

“Oh my goodness, darling!” I gasped in shock, “What in Equestria happened?!”

He chuckled at my shocked look, “Hehe, I though you… don’t mind messes anymore.” He yawned in between his sentence.

I just shook my head and gave out a chuckle of my own, “Really now Wish, we really need to get you cleaned up. There should be a wash room in one of the cars on the train. Plus, you look like you really need some sleep, you’d look like you went on a cake smashing spree.” We then heard the whistle from the train arriving, just in time! “Ooh! That’s our ride! Come along darling!”

“Right behind you boss.” He says, trying to sound excited, the poor dear couldn’t keep his eyes open. I place my travel bag on the train and helped Wish inside. We eventually got to the wash room and helped get the frosting out of his mane, before I could he asked me if I wanted to try it first. As much as I want to, I rather not lick the frosting off of somepony’s mane, it’s quite weird.

Seven minutes had past as the train chugs it’s way to Canterlot. Wish has been focusing on his drawing, and has oddly been quiet. I noticed his silence and I wanted to ask him something was bothering him, but I couldn’t help but marvel at his drawings, sweet Celestia, how he draws this well, I’ll never even know!

“You draw beautifully, dear.” I complimented him, making him raise his head up to look at me. “What’s that you’re working on?”

He sighs in frustration and explains, “Well, the first drawing is a dress.” He traced an air circle around the dress as he continues, “I wanted to make this simple, some bright yellows with added hints of pink here and there. On the back, there’s a pink bow, you know, like one of those fairytale dresses that’s those bows on the back?”

I nodded in agreement and looked at his design. “I must say, this is very simple. Twilight’s going to love it.”

“Yeah, then there’s birthday gift problem.” He then flipped to the other page, and my goodness, there are so many different designs! “See, I had the idea of a ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ rose necklace, but it’s…” he sighed afterwards and then continues on, “I don’t want Twilight to think that I’m just a suck up to her.”

I saw how tired he was, if the bags under his eyes weren’t a dead giveaway enough. I gently closed the sketchbook and told him very sincerely, “Wish dear, I think you’re well overdue need of sleep. Trust me, I learned that working endlessly without sleep twenty-four/seven isn’t the best idea. I’ll look over some of your drawings and I’ll come up with a plan. Sound good?”

He nodded in agreement and rested his head on the other side of the seat, eyes shut and getting a very peaceful sleep. I smiled with a soft giggle. Work related or not, I thought to myself as I looked at his sketches, He really does have an amazing talent for drawing and display incredible works of art. A huge shame his cutie mark has yet make an appearance, but he seems to work hard to getting it… now I wonder why that sounds familiar?

As I turned to the next page, one design for the rose necklace caught my eye. One design almost looked like the rose from the cover art of ‘Beauty and the Beast.’ I guess he wanted to impress her with a fairytale design, I thought to myself, This is a design I would definitely use for Twilight, simple, but nothing too complicated. Maybe a little bit of metallic lavender and splash of green on the stem… Ooh, this is going to be absolutely beautiful, just beautiful!


Canterlot, Wishing Star’s P.O.V.


As we walked in Canterlot, it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be in the show, either it’s because that there’s some areas of this place that some fans haven’t seen yet, or it’s probably due to Canterlot’s castle makes it seems like it’s a big place.

Either way, I couldn’t help but be marveled by some of the architecture of the buildings, like it was made as a Dungeons and Dragons town.

As I looked at Rarity and the suitcase she’s rolling behind her, I couldn’t help but be proud of this change as well. She decided to not overly pack her things, I thought to myself with a smile, I guess this kind of change is a good thing. Means that she’s progressing.

About a couple of minutes through Canterlot, we’ve decided to have a seat at one of the cafes they have here and had a couple of sandwiches and some tea… well, she had tea, I had coffee. As we’re enjoying a couple sips of our respective drinks, Rarity and I were going over the drawings, and told me that she enjoyed the drawing that was inspired by the title cover.

So, we’ve played around a couple of ideas as to what we could design and landed on the perfect and final design for the necklace. Rarity giggles with giddiness, “Ooh, Twilight is going to absolutely love this necklace Wish, just love it!”

“You think it’ll go well with the dress I’ve drawn as well?” I asked her, showing the previous drawing.

The fashionista examines the drawing as her hoof taps on her chin. “I don’t have any doubts that it shouldn’t work, the necklace is what the dress needs to have that little pop to it.” I nodded in agreement, I then turned to another empty page and I’ve started on my next drawing. “What are you working on now dear?”

I looked up at her to say, “Just watch.” I looked back down at the page and started to make a circle, after that I started to work on some details on the face and mane to resemble Twilight’s. Working down towards the body and dress, I’ve added in some curve shapes towards the back of the body, reason being is that she was a little pudgy before she became an alicorn, including the backside of her, but that doesn’t bother me. Everypony here is different. As soon as I added in the finishing touches, I admired the finished drawing, a smiling Twilight in her dress and the necklace around her neck, levitating a book that she’s reading.

“My my my Wish!” Rarity exclaims in excitement and wonder, “This is a very good likeliness of Twilight!”

I thanked her, but then we heard a female voice with a criticizing tone, “Ugh, what in Celestia’s name is she even wearing?” We turned to the source of the voice and it was the couple -Jet Set and Upper Crust respectively- from the beginning of Sweet and Elite.

Upper Crust, the mare we just heard and currently looking at, continues to heckle Rarity’s appearance, “That jacket is something that those rebellious punks would wear! And that mane style, ugh, where in Equestria did she even get that?”

Rarity just smiles and whispers to me, “Just ignore them dear. They judge me, but they can’t really see the true beauty like you or I.”

I nodded in agreement and tried to keep my cool. Now, for those who don’t know, I absolutely can’t stand people who are being completely asswipes, especially if it’s someone of the high class. Then suddenly, I heard Upper Crust say this, “And who even is that fat unicorn in that drawing?”

“I believe that’s suppose to be Twilight Sparkle, dear,” Jet Set tells her as he examines my drawing, then he scoffs, “Quite a likeliness as well! And just what kind of dress is she even wearing?”

I looked at the jackass of a stallion and explained to him very calmly as I could, “It’s just a simple dress.”

“Simple!?” Upper Crust cries out in disgust, “Ha! You earth ponies clearly don’t even know what the definition of simple is, especially whatever this drawing is.” My blood was boiling when started to criticize my drawing, and I know Rarity could see the anger in my eyes. “In fact, if I know any better, I’d bet you’re in love with this unicorn,” Upper gave out the most annoying high class laugh I’ve ever heard before continuing, “As if a stallion who isn’t worth anypony’s would have a chance with a student of Princess Celestia.”

“IF YOU’D LOVE CELESTIA SO MUCH, WHY DON’T YOU GO KISS HER ASS!?” I exploded and had enough, “Cuz let me tell you something you absolute bloodclaat, Celestia will not be worthy of your high class stupidity! So who the fuck are to tell me that my drawings are shit comparing to your piss of a powder you call makeup, YOU MUNTER CUNT!” The couple was understandably shocked and taken aback by my choice of words, but I wasn’t done, “And another thing, Twilight has worked her ass off to keep Equestria and you high class Prench Pigs like yourselves safe! So you prattle on about her weight all you want, it’s further proof that you’re nothing but a bunch of Twats like the rest of those sod-offs!”

“A-alright, alright darling,” Rarity says to me calmly, placing her hoof on my shoulder, “That’s quite enough. Let’s just go our separate ways with them peacefully, and just get these drawings to the Steel Crafts, okay?”

I broke eye contact with the couple to turn to look at Rarity, helping me being calm and I nodded without saying a word, and began to walk away from the high class snots.

“Ha! Good luck with your fail attempt to woo that unicorn,” Upper Crust calls out at me, “Your simple gift will be worthless to her!” My anger rose again, making me look at the mare and made me yell in rage, charging at her like Kratos about sack Zeus like there’s no tomorrow. As I was about to go for the tackle, Jet Set got in the way and took the punishment I reigned upon him, punching and jabbing him with all of the anger I had in me. Rarity tries to grab a hold of me and shouting at me to stop, but I tore her grip off of my foreleg and continued my assault.

Suddenly, I was levitating off the ground by an aura of bright yellow magic. I looked around as to who’s doing this and then my anger disappears from the sight of none other than Princesses Celestia and Luna. “What is thy meaning of this?” Luna asked us.

As I looked at both Princesses, I could only think, Oh… Shit.

Author's Note:

I’m terribly sorry for the delay this one guys. I have a lot of amazing projects coming up and I really wanted to get this one, Life Isn’t Done With You, and Glamrock Takes Equestria, it was only due to me being so focused one these pieces of work.

Also, there reason why I made this into two parts is because I didn’t want to repeat the mistake of having a full episode in one chapter like how I did in Wishes of Harmony.

Now it’s time for some shout outs to those who read the previous chapter, and they are:

Skyblazer9
Postwarmonkey50
AstralFlare42
SUPERETHAN2
Luckyfanisaac
Nos Astros
FanOfSun
and Mark Foxanard

I really do appreciate the support you guys show for this, and I hope it continues to be intrigued and in love with the story. Until then, see you guys later!