• Published 26th Apr 2022
  • 404 Views, 11 Comments

Letters - ShadowblazeCR



A collection of letters between Octavia and Vinyl through their time apart. Taking place while they pursue their music careers on opposite ends of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 11
 404

Octavia - Street Performance

Scratch,

Today, and for the last few days, myself and a few of my companions have attempted some street performances. Outside the Orchestra's building, and with my new electric cello, we drew quite the crowd. It spurred from the dissidence produced from my suggestion to incorporate it to the conductor of our group. They were displeased at my progressive thought process, to say the least.

It became a simple competition to put it lightly. And, my dear, I have had too much practice with such things having you around.

Lyra and I took to the sidewalk for the last few days, placing a small tip holder in the form of the cello case to measure interest. It had already been decided well before that the tips would run for more equipment for the cello, something to continue what I expect will be weekly excursions. The conductor said if we could meet his quota of bits by the end of the week we could have a practice run at one of our rehearsals with the new cello.

These sessions have done wonders on my creativity. They are wildly different from the rehearsals that the orchestra does. Lyra commented yesterday that they remind her of when she listens to yours and I practice sessions. As much as I do not tend to agree with her wild theories, this one seems to check out.

Every day this week has reminded me why I pursued this profession. All I can think is how I hope you will have the same occurrence on your upcoming tour in several weeks.

Loving you with every fiber of my being,

Octavia