• Published 26th Apr 2022
  • 397 Views, 11 Comments

Letters - ShadowblazeCR



A collection of letters between Octavia and Vinyl through their time apart. Taking place while they pursue their music careers on opposite ends of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 11
 397

Vinyl - To Alleviate The Silence

Octy,

I just got your letter this morning. Work has been swamping me for the last few hours and, finally, I was able to sit down and give it my full attention. Thankfully, I was in my studio without anypony there, because I'll be honest that there might have been some unladylike actions in there. I think the squeals alone would have allotted a headshake from you, but that's what I love the most about you so it's okay. There will be plenty of unladylike actions when you come back to me, so I guess that I can keep them to a minimum to make you happy.

The new album is coming along 'swimmingly' as you like to say. Those samples we got with you before you left are perfect, not that I would expect any less from a world-class cellist like yourself. Nonetheless a pony I chose to spend the rest of my life with. Because who in their right mind wouldn't choose someone as awesome as themselves right? Be honest, you're lucky that you found me so soon or you would have been searching for decades to find someone as great as you. Especially as musically talented.

Not that you need anymore of an ego boost love.

Anyways, Neon is a great partner in this album. He's a prodigy, even I'll admit. And as much as we like to butt heads, he's picking up what I'm putting down faster than I would have at where he is in his career. Though, keep that between us, I think he's lookin' for a reason to get me to give my signature for Eneigh auctioning. It really is the age old adage of natural talent vs. hard work. Good thing we're using it to our advantage.

I've kept you occupied on myself enough, sorry. How is Lyra by the way? Is she keeping your ear full about Bonnie? Don't forget to get me a trinket or somethin' from Las Pegasus, I need something cool.

Here for you forever and always.

Vinyl