• Published 24th Mar 2022
  • 1,183 Views, 11 Comments

Double Twilight Love - Mystic Sunrise



A look at the lives of Twilight and Sci Twi as their love grows.

  • ...
35
 11
 1,183

Princess Talks

Twilight turned to the girls next to her as Rainbow stepped through the portal. "Remember. Give me a moment before you come through. I do not know how Celestia and Luna will be. But it is safe to assume that they know the Pearl is gone by now."

Pearl rolled her eyes. "What's the worse they can do? Ground you?"

Twilight giggled. "No. But if they are angry enough, there's no telling what they might do." She placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. "And that is also why I insist you do not come with us, Pearl. Not until we sort all of this out."

The girl frowned. "What did I do?"

Twi shook her head. "Nothing. But if you are there, they might target you. Luna hasn't always been convinced allowing the two worlds to meet in any way is a good idea. Celestia even less so."

That stopped Pearl in her tracks, for she could see how deadly serious both of the twins were about this. She still didn't understand it all, but she also trusted that they understood this far better than she ever would. She finally sighed. "Fine. I've got models to finish anyway."

Twilight giggled, before kissing her love and stepping through the portal.

Twi gave Pearl a worried look. "Kohaku will be alright. Won't he?"

Pearl snorted and waived it off. "Please. He's like this every time he thinks someone is being dumb about something. He gives them a dressing-down talk as he did you two, and then he goes to cool off. He'll be fine. He does it all the time. It's even worse when he's right. It's his most infuriating habit." She smirked. "Plus I think he's feeling left out. Only guy in a group of girls? Each a girlfriend of one of the other?"

Twi rolled her eyes. "Boys. I'll never understand them."

They giggled before Twi looked at the portal again. She held her tiara tightly as she stepped closer and closed her eyes, forcing herself to keep her pony form in her mind's eye. "I just hope this works," she grumbled.

Pearl shook her head with a smile. "Oh come on you'll be fine. What's the worst that can happen?"

"I turn into a hippogryph and get accidentally vaporized," Twi replied as she stepped through the portal, leaving Pearl to roll her eyes at everyone being a drama queen.


Spike was waiting for her as Twilight stepped through the portal into Equestria. "Twilight! We have a big problem!"

Twilight rubbed her snout irritably. "Spike. Unless the fate of Equestria is at stake, then it can wait. I have had a very long and very weird day." She sighed. "Can you send a letter to Princess Celestia? There is something we need to talk about, and now rather than later."

Spike wrung his hands sheepishly. "Yeah. About that..."

Before he could say more, however, twin flashes of teleportation announced the arrival of two very annoyed alicorns. "Princess Twilight! What is the meaning of this?" Luna demanded, not even bothering to lower the volume.

Twilight's ears dropped as she smiled sheepishly. "Princess Luna, Princess Celestia. I didn't expect the two of you."

Celestia, however, was not buying it. "Twilight. Discord popped into the chamber where we keep the Pearl an hour ago, and took it. When we tried to stop him, he said he was doing this for an old friend and was giving the Pearl back to the one it rightfully belongs to. He also said you would know who she is. Do you?"

Twilight wilted under the glares she was receiving. Damn it. She had wanted more time for this. She finally gave in and sighed. "I do. She should be here any second now."

A moment later, Sci Twi came through the portal. To the immense relief of both her and the princess, she was still a pony. "Oh thank the gods," Twi breathed a sigh of relief as Twilight rushed to her side.

Celestia and Luna, however, were in shock as they looked at the crown on the young alicorn's head. Most especially, the Pearl now united with it. "How? Where did you get this? And why do you have the Pearl?" Luna finally asked.

Twilight sighed as she looked up at it. "It is a very long story. But in no way, a happy one. Do you have Novo's diary?"

Twi nodded, patting her saddlebags. "And Kiyoko's translation guide."

Twilight nodded as she looked at Spike. "Spike. Can you get us all some tea, please? This will not be a short thing, and I think we will need it."

Spike wasn't sure what was going on. But the look in his big sister's eyes told him that he would learn soon enough, as he rushed off to get everything started.

Twilight looked up at her fellow alicorns with a sad expression. "You will need to sit down for this, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. You both deserve to know the truth."


No one said anything as Celestia and Luna read the diary. Much to Twi's annoyance, they seemed to be able to pick up on the translation than she had, for they shared occasional glances with each other, while Celestia provided a translation for Spike as well.

As they neared the end, their eyes widened in horror by the moment as they read the story of the war and the death of Novo. Luna continued to flip to the very back of the diary, but as before, there was nothing. Spike was positively green in the face as he turned away.

Celestia took several moments to compose herself before she could say anything. "We have had very intermittent contact with several eastern dragons. While they were courteous and friendly, they always refused any offer of friendship with Equestria."

Luna nodded. "This Queen Novo deserved a far worse death than she received. To turn two races against each other? To take pleasure in the cold-blooded murder of an innocent to provoke it? Not even King Sombra did so."

Spike tried to not look as sick as he felt. "Why didn't they stop though?"

Celestia shook her head. "It was not so simple, Spike. This was no longer about one death. This was a constant cycle of revenge for loved ones lost on both sides. A cycle that could never be broken."

Twilight gulped. "Something eventually ended it though. We have the stories from two worlds to prove that some hippogryphs survived. How else would Kiyoko have the crown?"

Luna looked at it again. "Then why split the Pearl from it?"

Twi shook her head. "I can only assume that Princess Midnight deliberately split the crown and Pearl in two, and split them between our worlds. Therefore, no one would ever be able to wield that power ever again. She went to Earth, to be as far from her mother's legacy as possible. She was the last of the Royal Family. Princess Skystar was killed at some point during the war it seems."

Celestia considered this as she looked at the locket on the table before them, and the perfect resemblance Twi had to the young girl in it. "She was your ancestor. Many millennia removed."

Twi nodded as Twilight lay a wing around her. "A legacy I'm not ready for. Not yet. One day, maybe I can reclaim my heritage. In both of our worlds." She looked up at her crown. "I wasn't even going to take the Pearl. It wouldn't have been right of me. No matter if it is mine. I am not dropping out of school for this. Professor Kazumi would tan my hide if I did."

Luna nodded proudly. "And that is what makes you worthy to bear it, princess. You do not seek power for its own sake, nor would you take something that is yours by force."

Twilight smiled as she muzzled her marefriend. "So then. What happens now?"

Celestia shook her head with a smile. "That is up to the two of you. This is no longer something Luna or I can control. And I am glad for it." Her smile grew. "Kohaku was correct. The two of you will be the ones that will take down the barriers between our worlds. I for one look forward to that day."

The pair blushed at the praise while Spike gave them a thumbs up. "So what about your smaller pearls then?" He asked.

Everypony blinked, before looking down at their own. Each of them still wore their small piece of it. "I can still feel the same power I felt as the day it first came to me. But now? It feels much more. As if a new power has been unlocked for us all," Luna replied.

Celestia nodded. "I am not sure what it means. But I do not think we need to worry." She smiled warmly at Twi, who only blushed under the look. "The Pearl has returned to where it has always belonged. To the one, it was always meant to be with. This can only mean good things."

That got a smile out of them all, as they were finally able to relax. This had been enough excitement for a while. Luna, though, still had one question. "I do not suppose we could meet the Everfree family? They sound very wise."

Twilight rubbed her snout. "Kohaku will not come here. I've asked him. He doesn't see any point."

Twi nodded. "I've also asked Professor Kazumi. She has no desire as well. Neither do her sisters. It might be part of their family's history, but not a part they care enough to see." She smiled sheepishly. "I'm not sure if we could fit their parents back through."

Luna nodded. She could respect that, though she was disappointed all the same.

Twilight tapped her chin at a thought. "Of course. We could always have the two of you meet them in the Human World. If they want to of course. I'm not going to risk my neck by forcing them into anything."

Celestia giggled. That was something she could understand very well herself. An idea for another day then, as she took a sip of her tea.