• Published 24th Mar 2022
  • 1,183 Views, 11 Comments

Double Twilight Love - Mystic Sunrise



A look at the lives of Twilight and Sci Twi as their love grows.

  • ...
35
 11
 1,183

Now What?

Twilight and Pearl sat comfortably outside the Canterlot Sugarcube Corner. At one of their many outside tables under a large shaded umbrella. Beside Pearl rested a very large green fox with three tails. His body was slightly emaciated from his week away but was slowly returning to full health. Reaching down Pearl scratched between his ears, earning her a light purr from his throat.

“So other me has a crush on you? I don’t see the problem,” Pearl shrugged looking up at Twilight and taking a swig of her smoothie as the princess rubbed her forehead. “She doesn’t know about Twi, does she?”

Twilight shook her head. “No, and that is the problem. I remember what it feels like to have my crush destroyed. Thankfully, Princess Celestia was gentle about it at least.”

Pearl shook her head with a groan. Ponies. “Is it because she’s so young? Rainbow’s told me what they do to ponies who are caught doing that.”

Twilight sighed. “That is part of it, I must admit. But age, past a certain point for me, will always be a problem. Her growing up would remove that problem at least.”

Pearl groaned, throwing her hands up in exasperation. “Then what’s wrong with waiting?! You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.” She smirked. “You do think I’m cute, right? Come on, I’ve seen how both you and Twi look at me.”

Twilight blushed, not responding as she grumbled into her drink. It was all Pearl needed to hear as she giggled. “Does other you know about this?” She asked.

Twilight nodded. “Yes. She said the same thing. But I still don’t know what to do. I still don’t get how she didn’t see us at the party.”

Pearl rolled her eyes. “Kohaku here was doing you both a favor. Given my first reaction to seeing you after knowing Twi for so long. I was near hysterics.”

“If it makes you feel better, she did slap me silly for a while because of all the ruckus I caused,” Kohaku muttered lifting his head up slightly and smiled

Twilight looked at the two of them. It didn’t actually, but Twilight appreciated the gesture.

Pearl shook her head and laid a hand on Twilights. “Look. I remember my first crush. I kicked myself for years afterward for not confessing what I felt when I had the chance.” Pearl leaned back and crossed her arms. “It’s partly why I’m so open with Rainbow. I don’t want you or Twi to make the same mistakes. You’ll be around each other enough that she’ll confess to you eventually. Even if only to finally get it out of her system, knowing it’ll never happen. So, please. Don’t break her heart.”

Twilight smiled. “But that’s the thing. Part of me wants it to happen. I can’t say for sure where it came from. But the feeling has been there since Spectrum when I saw you.”

Pearl nodded. There it was. “Then wait for it. If she does confess before she’s old enough, gently explain to her how great an age difference there is. And at least until she’s old enough you can only share a teacher-student relationship and friendship. Then when she’s old enough and she still feels the same way, test the waters and see how works out. If Twi is up for a polyamorous relationship I say try it.”

Twilight blushed, earning another giggle from Pearl. But this talk was something she had needed. And she was glad it was just the three of them. She’d never hear the end of it from her friends.

Never.

Author's Note:

Okay. Moving away from this one for a bit. There is an ending in mind for all three before this story is over. And despite her feelings, Pearl will not let them ruin what she and Twilight have. It's partly why she hasn't said anything.

She's afraid that if she does confess her feelings, it will destroy their friendship. And that would break her heart more than Twilight saying it could never happen. Age isn't a problem. Pearl can wait till she's old enough. It's a happy ending of course. Sad endings are not even a consideration.