• Published 24th Mar 2022
  • 1,183 Views, 11 Comments

Double Twilight Love - Mystic Sunrise



A look at the lives of Twilight and Sci Twi as their love grows.

  • ...
35
 11
 1,183

Questions and a Mystery Mare

"Told ya you were panicking over nothing," Pearl giggled, as she and Twilight enjoyed smoothies. "Went better than I thought it might too. I was a lot worse at that age. Trust me."

Twilight groaned. "Yes, as everypony keeps telling me. I get it already. My Pearl at least has stopped treading on eggshells around me. It only took this for me to see how much she was holding back. How much longing was in her eyes when she looked at me."

Pearl sighed. This was way out of her league. "Hanging out with Kohaku will help. He just has that effect on people. Once you get over the urge to pummel him anyway. Been there. Done that."

Twilight rolled her eyes. She was still peeved that she didn't get a cell phone that worked as Pearl's did. What did she have to do to get that? She poked the dragon scale next to her, wondering how she would even begin to approach this subject. If she even should.

Pearl saw it and shook her head. "Don't even think about dragging me into this one, princess. You're on your own. I can barely even play Heavensward now, and not think about that. I won't do that to Miss Starsong. I love her too much to reopen that wound."

Twilight nodded. "I know, and I'm not asking you to, Pearl. I am not even sure if I want to bring it up anyway. They came to this world before..." She sighed. "Do they know how it ended? How their races' pride all but destroyed both?"

Pearl winced. She tried not to even think about that. "What about the local spirit?"

Twilight shook her head. "She only has the stories passed down to her. Kohaku's told me what they've shared. How do I tell Starsong her race all but despises her for following her heart? That the same most likely applies to his father as well. You know him far better than I do."

Pearl sighed. She had nothing for something like this. But she still had more questions. "Speaking of our favorite pest. Was there a new strange pony in Ponyville a few days ago? At Sugarcube Corner?"

Twilight frowned and thought a moment. "Yes, but what does that have to do with anything? We have ponies coming and going all of the time now since I became Princess of Friendship."

Pearl nodded. It was a really stupid title if you asked her, but that was beside the point. "Kohaku said he saw a strange mare talking with your Pinkie Pie. But when he looked back, she had vanished. He said there was something... off about her."

Twilight snorted. "And what does Kohaku know about ponies exactly? Ponyville is much more open than many towns and cities, but it is hardly the perfect way to learn all about Equestria and its ponies. Visiting as often as he does or not."

Pearl rolled her eyes. "That's what I said. But he is also his mother's son and inherited some of her abilities. Far more than his sisters did at least. He said there was something going on at Canterlot High years before you showed up for the Fall Formal, and look what happened."

Twilight frowned. That was true, but what was she to do? "I will not go looking for this mare, if that is what he's thinking, Pearl. Not only is it a terrible abuse of my powers as a princess of Equestria, but why should I? Pinkie hasn't said anything about it either way. So I am inclined to leave it alone. It's probably nothing."

Pearl snorted, as she finished her smoothie. Maybe. But she somehow doubted it would be that simple. It never was any more it seemed. And when it came to her best friend, he was usually right about things like this.