• Published 24th Mar 2022
  • 1,183 Views, 11 Comments

Double Twilight Love - Mystic Sunrise



A look at the lives of Twilight and Sci Twi as their love grows.

  • ...
35
 11
 1,183

Talks

“This is so unfair,” Pearl grumbled casting another look at Twi’s crown, while the girl tried to get her fellow princess back to reality. “You two are basically goddesses. Rainbow’s a Wonderbolt, and Kohaku is… Well,” she gestured at her friend, who only smiled. “When do I get something out of all this?! Does the universe hate me or something?”

Twi pinched her nose. “Don’t sell yourself short, Pearl. You have things I can only wish I had right now.”

“Says the pony/hippogryph/seapony/mermaid, princess,” Kohaku added with a chuckle.

Twi groaned. “A princess of a dead kingdom, and the survivors scattered to the four corners of two worlds.”

Pearl scrunched her nose as she thought. “Well. There are still stories of people seeing mermaids all over the world. So you do have some subjects.”

This finally seemed to bring the princess back to this world, as she nodded. “And there are still very rare stories of sailors meeting half pony, half-fish creatures. It’s safe to assume that some might still survive in the deepest, darkest, corners and depths of the ocean.”

Twi sighed as she leaned into her girlfriend. “And why would they come to me? I’m nothing to them. Novo murdered someone in cold blood to start the war. Her blood is in my veins.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “So? You’re not her! Stop acting like it. Who needs them anyway? You have us. That’s all you need,” she smiled.

Twi looked around at her friends, each of them offering an encouraging smile. The hand on her shoulder from the princess only made her feel better as she finally sighed. “Thanks, Rainbow.”

Rainbow puffed up. “Yeah. I’m just that awesome.’

And just like that, the moment was gone as the girls groaned. “Why do I hang out with you again?” Pearl grumbled.

Rainbow only smiled wider. “Cause I’m just irresistible.”

Pearl shot her a dirty look. “Laugh it up, Rainbow. See if I invite you to anything cool after this.”

Twilight watched the two with worry. “Shouldn’t we do something?”

Kohaku only laughed. “Oh no. I’ve known her my whole life. Pearl is only slightly annoyed at the moment. Give it a few more minutes though. Pearl’s never been any good at keeping her temper under control.”

Pearl slapped him upside the head. “Oh. Shut it, you useless furball.” Kohaku only smiled wider though.

Twilight sighed as she turned to her twin. “What will you do now? The Pearl…”

Twi shook her head. “I can’t just take it. It wouldn’t be right of me.”

“And why not? By every right, it is yours, and no one else,” Kohaku asked. “Would your princesses care over much?”

Twilight shook her head. “I don’t know. Even if we can convince them of the truth, they don’t like many even knowing about the Pearl. Let alone letting it leave Canterlot.”

“Bah! For those who say they defeated a self-proclaimed Lord of Chaos, they like to sit on their flanks and think they know best. Why are they the rulers again?” Kohaku scoffed as he put his book down and pulled out a piece of paper and produced an inkwell.

Twilight bit back a retort and looked at the fox curiously wondering what he was up to. There were days she wondered the same thing. “Nonetheless. We can’t just take the Pearl from Canterlot. They first need to know of this, and only then can we do anything else.”

Twi nodded softly flopping down into a comfortable seat. “When do you think we can meet with them?”

“Oh don’t look so defeated.” Pearl nuzzled up against her Rainbow and smiled. “It’s a start at least.”

“We can go see them later today. I’m not sure how long things might take. Celestia and Luna have been quite busy of late.” Twilight wrapped her arms around Twi, placing the tiara on her head. “You should wear it more often. It looks good on you.”

Twi pulled the Tiara off and looked at it. “I know but I still don’t feel worthy of it. Regardless of what those two say.” Twi smirked at Kohaku who shrugged with a grin.

“Who knows, getting the Pearl might not be as difficult as you two think it is.” Kohaku wiped his claw of the ink and picked his book up again. A small white rat poked itself out of his shirt and grabbed the paper he was writing on and scattered out of the room.

Pearl looked at her friend’s pet and rolled her eyes. “Okay, what are you doing?”

Kohaku looked up and smirked. “Reading Pride and Prejudice.” He smiled as she leaned in closer.

“That’s not what I mean, what was that.” Pearl pointed at the open doorway to Twi’s library door.

“OH that. Oh, nothing much. Just a letter to an old friend is all. All this talk about Pearls and such reminded me I had something to ask him.” Kohaku grinned and looked at Pearl in the eyes.

“OH no…. No please tell me it’s not…” A cloud of smoke appeared in the center of the room with an audible pop. once the cloud cleared a tall grey-hared teenager stepped out. miss matched clothing. Two separate colored eyes and a tooth that hung low out of his upper lip. Grinning just as Kohaku was. “Discord..” Pearl groaned dropping her head.

“Well, well. We do have quite the party here.” Discord chuckled looking about. “Hey Twinkles.” Discord waved at Twilight. “Well well, Rainbow too. Who knew you’d like it about this place.”

Twilight and Rainbow looked at the human Discord standing there. “Discord? How the buck are you here?” Rainbow took a defensive stance in front of her girlfriend as Twilight did the same.

“OH please. You think a little thing like universal barriers can keep me away. It’s not like I stay in your world exclusively. You girls sure have a lot to learn.” Turning his gaze over to Kohaku. “Hey, buddy. Long time no see. I take it this about what I think it’s about?”

Pearl chuckled and pulled Rainbow down holding the feisty mare in human skin close. “OH relax babe. I’ve known this one for a while too. I can’t stand him. But he’s one of Kohaku’s friends. So I can’t say much.”

Kohaku chuckled and nodded at Discord. “It is. Ready to pay up.” Kohaku crossed his front legs in front of him. He watched as Discord pulled a velvet pouch from his pocket and tossed it to Kohaku. Once the fox looked inside he nodded and smiled. “Next week? Double or nothing?”

“Yeah right. Like I’m falling for that again.” Putting his hands in his pocket discord looked at the girls. “Do yourselves a favor, never challenge this one to ping pong. Later three tail.” Discord chuckled and vanished in a cloud of chaos.

“Later patchwork,” Kohaku said and looked at the girls who were all looking at him curiously. “What? Oh, common it’s not like I said I never knew him. He’s funny, and fun to torment on occasion.” Tossing the velvet pouch to Sci Twi Kohaku stretched. “And you girls thought it would be so hard to get.”

Pearl pinched her nose and groaned. “You didn’t..”

“Yeah like you're so surprised that I wouldn’t do something like this for my friends.”

Sci Twi and Twilight blinked looking at the velvet pouch, etched with the symbols of the Canterlot royal family. Opening it up they saw the Pearl they were talking about not more than a few moments ago.

“I don’t even want to think about what Celestia will do when she finds this missing.” Twilight groaned rubbing her temples.

“Yeah, like she can do anything about it. I’m scared of only two beings in this universe. And both belong in my family.” Kohaku sat up and scratched his neck with a hind leg. “Plus if I have to keep hearing about if you should get it or being worthy enough or if this so-called Princess will just give it to you for another minute. I’m going to go crazy. Ponies, Hippogryphs, humans. You all make things so complicated.”

Twilight groaned. “Now I feel your pain, Pearl, when you have to deal with him.”

Pearl could only nod as Twi took the Pearl from the pouch. It felt right to hold it. Like a part of her that had been missing, but only now did she realize it.

Before anyone could say anything, the Pearl began to glow and levitate. To the surprise of all, it floated up to the empty slot on the crown and was absorbed into it, revealing a perfect fit once the glow subsided

“Now do you see why all your bickering was pointless? The second she showed up with that crown. The pearl would have come to her. That crown and that pearl belong together. And she is the rightful heir to both.” Kohaku smiled and politely bowed to Twi as a show of respect.

“How long have you known?” Twi stood up and looked down at the fox who only smiled.

“For as long as I’ve known you. I am my mother’s son after all.” Kohaku nodded his head slowly. “I may not have her gifts, but some things I can see. And smell. And honestly. You smell of the sea and sky more than Pearl here.” His thumb jerked at Pearl who huffed and kicked him with her bare foot.

Twilight felt around her neck. To her surprise, her piece of the Pearl was still there. But now it felt stronger like there was a new power coursing through it. “What does this mean for me? We’re each other’s counterparts. We know some hippogryphs and seaponies stayed on Equus.”

“Why does it have to mean anything? You were a unicorn who became an alicorn. A noble who became a princess. And Twi here is a human who discovered that she’s a hippogryph. A high born now a princess. And I doubt miss sun was the first to discover the mirror and its powers. She would have had to learn from someone or something. Power like that isn’t something you just discover.”

Twilight nodded. “It probably does mean nothing. Call it a weakness, but I tend to overthink everything.

“A trait you both share.” Kohaku sighed shaking his head. “Being tied to nature I can tell you it’s focused in on one thing, balance. Mother said the universe operates on the same principle. Come to think of it Twi said the same thing once or twice. But that’s a science nerd for ya.” Kohaku chuckled a bit. “Did you ever think she’s your counterpart because this world needed one for you? And you have been bringing this world and the other closer together for years now. Perhaps the two of you together might just bring things back into balance.”

“You think so?” Twi and Twilight said in unison.

Shrugging his shoulders Kohaku got up and smiled. “That, or it’s just the cosmic love story of some all-powerful being. Love doesn’t make sense. If it did then it might explain why some Crystal Princess pony who keeps showing up in my dreams of late.”

Both twilight’s looked at each other for a moment then to Pearl who just shrugged.

“Oh well. I’m getting a bit restless. Plus being around all you lovey doveys this long is kinda annoying when I’m all alone. Take care.” Kohaku turned on his heel. Turning into a teenage boy in a black tank top and loose-fitting cut-off jean shorts. And a lettermen jacket with Canterlot’s logo on it.

Rainbow leaned in and looked at Pearl. “Football?”

Shaking her head she sighed, “Cheerleading.”

Twilight sighed. “Now I need to play damage control with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.” She pulled Twi close. “We both need to be there for this.”

“What’s the worse they can do?” Pearl asked. She knew their native counterparts to a degree. They didn’t seem that bad.

Twilight shook her head. “Nothing actually. Because the mirror is in my castle, by all rights, it belongs to me, and no one else can use it unless I say they can.” She smiled. “That means that anything that comes to this world has my blessing and protection, and vice versa. To violate that is the one thing I can hold over both of their heads, as much as I don’t want to.” She smirked. “Hence why you didn’t get in serious trouble when you came over that first time, Pearl.”

Pearl only smiled. “And I’m still not sorry I did either. I only need to worry about running into other me anyway. And she doesn’t live near you.”

Twilight could only smile sheepishly, earning a glare from both Pearl and Twi. “What aren’t you telling us, love?” Twi asked, poking her.

Twilight wilted under the looks she was getting, and finally cracked. “There’s a chance she and her family will move to Ponyville soon. Rarity mentioned it a while back. And a new cloud home was just started in Ponyville’s Pegasus district. A very lavish one at that.”

Pearl seemed to deflate at this. “So no more visits then?”

Twilight shook her head and lay a hand on the girl’s shoulder. “I never said that, Pearl. Kohaku was right. Our worlds can’t stay separate forever. Perhaps we can be that bridge that eventually takes down that barrier.”

Pearl beamed at that. She’d be lying if she said she didn’t want to meet her counterpart. Maybe one day, they could.