• Published 7th Mar 2022
  • 379 Views, 6 Comments

The Book of the Ascension - Tunneling Carp



Argyle Starshine is despondent after his wife’s death. His friend Paisley has found an ancient text within Maretime Bay’s library; a story about a mysterious land called Equestria might be just what Argyle needs!

  • ...
1
 6
 379

Epilogue

An earsplitting cry filled the room the second Paisley reached the end of the book. Closing it and putting it aside, he saw that his friend Argyle was struggling to raise himself to check on Sunny. “Argyle, wait,” Paisley told him. “You keep resting. I’ll take care of Sunny.”

Paisley was pleased to see his friend heed his advice with no objection. “Thank you, Paisley,” Argyle murmured as he laid back down on the couch. As Paisley trotted over to Sunny’s crib, he kept one eye focused on Argyle. He definitely looked better, Paisley thought: a bit more rested, and finally showing a hint of a smile. A drastic change from the morose pony that had greeted him earlier.

Paisley reached into the crib and picked up Sunny in his forehoof. Her crying died down, and she looked up at the kind expression of the pony carrying her. “Try telling her a story,” Argyle called softly from his place on the couch. “She likes that.”

“A story? I think I can handle that.” Paisley began to gently rock Sunny back and forth as he crooned gently to her: “Once upon a time, many, many moons ago, in ancient Equestria, there lived a very special unicorn…”

Comments ( 3 )

That was interesting. Its odd reading a summary of the show from the viewpoint of distorted history instead facts but you did a good job keeping it interesting.

11181964
That's great to hear, thanks! I wasn't sure what readers would think about a retelling of canon events, so I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it!

11216260
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Login or register to comment