• Published 26th Feb 2022
  • 2,731 Views, 185 Comments

Wish Fulfillment (Legacy Version) - Boopy Doopy



Rally saw an advertisement for a spellcaster listed, so she decided to have some fun and asked to be turned into a pony in Equestria. She got what she asked for, but not what she wanted.

  • ...
37
 185
 2,731

(8) Leaving Again

I headed out bright and early the next morning, Rusty Bucket not even having to wake me up. I took just a minute to shower again and eat some breakfast before I geared up, the stallion tying the supplies he offered to my back. Then he gave me a quick hug– an extremely uncomfortable affair since I was a lady hugging a naked man– before I set off, giving one last wave goodbye as I left.

Before I got far though, I turned back around, suddenly remembering one last thing.

"Hey," I started, just a dozen or so steps into leaving. "If you see a pink filly with blue curls for hair up here, make sure to stop her and take her to Twilight Sparkle or Princess Celestia if you can. Or even Cadance or Shining Armor if you want. Her name is Cozy Glow and she'll be trying to steal Grogar's Bewitching Bell." There was no way I wanted to deal with she, Tirek, and Chrysalis while I was here, and figured there was something I could do to help my situation a tiny bit.

"Uh, sure thing, but I doubt a little filly will be tryna steal Grogar's bell."

"She's not an ordinary filly, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you please did it."

"No trouble. Wouldn't be no good ta have a little filly up here on the mountain anyway. I can take her ta Princess Cadance if I see her."

"Thank you, I appreciate it, and so will Twilight." With that, I set off.

It was just as cold outside now as it was before, but I at least had a hat and scarf now, so my ears and neck were protected. Walking helped keep my legs warm, but I couldn’t walk as fast as I wanted to. The trail I was on was still steeply inclined, and I didn’t feel like risking falling over with all of the stuff on my back.

It was a mindless task I had, focusing on keeping my hooves in front of me as I walked, but the slow pace made it harder to ignore my body. I could not stand how this thing felt more than anything. The organ hanging below me was particularly painful, but it wasn’t just that. It was my squarish looking head and stocky body and this awful hormone coursing through me. I’d almost would have rathered have gasoline in my veins instead of whatever the hell testosterone was supposed to be used for. My brain wasn’t meant to run on it, and made it known to me in the form of dysphoria.

I grunted and started practicing my voice training again. It took about a year for me to get down the first time, but I thought I could get it down in a few days this time since I already knew what I was doing. I was the kind of person who didn’t care. Even if I didn’t look like a mare yet, I was gonna voice train and wear dresses and paint my nails... err, hooves, and be referred to as a woman regardless. I held the position that anything at all was better than nothing, and I would take any relief I could get, especially after having my happiness ripped away from me so cruelly.

Oh, my happiness. I was there already, fully transitioned and being the woman I was meant to be, only to have it ripped away over nothing. I wanted to roll over and die at the thought that I’d have to do this all over again.

Some of my friends didn’t have the same opinions as me. One of them insisted that they’d rather be a man and hate it than only be “half” of a woman. Part of it was they said they wanted a family naturally, something that wouldn’t be possible if they transitioned, but I felt like most of it was that they didn’t think they’d pass very well. It made me sad to see, and I had cried more than once for them thinking about it. I hated to see them ache as bad as I knew I did, but there was nothing I could do about it since they didn’t want to be pushed. It was such a difference in philosophy, and I was very much in the “you take what you can get when the universe screws you” camp. It was just how it went when you lost a coin flip that 99.99% of people won. I could never live the life they were trying to.

I wondered if they would end up coming to Equestria and being themselves. I wondered if all of my group chat friends would come here. It was certainly possible. I sent screenshots of Lord Zulu’s spellcasting services to the group chat. It was only a matter of that spellcaster not fucking them over like he did me, and those guys actually spending money to do it. We could all be ponies, although I was sure Forrester would ask to be a griffon instead, and a couple of others opt to be changelings.

God, I missed my group chat friends. I just hoped that I’d ever be able to speak to them. It was just as easy for them to think I was missing and never know what happened or hear from me again. It was a thought that made me want to cry to think about.

I tried to put thoughts of missing my friends and dysphoria and everything other than getting down this mountain out of my mind. I felt the wind biting me again, but it wasn’t as bad as it was before, and the sun shined on me and warmed up the air. I could almost say it wasn’t a bad time if my legs weren’t so tired. Even moving slower than I was when I was on the trail a couple of days ago, I felt like I was making good time.

Even still, that nervousness I had at the top of the mountain before was starting to set in again. I didn’t want to do this trip. Even with my supplies, I didn’t want to have to walk for days on end to get to civilization. Anything could happen out here, even if this was Equestria, and I didn’t like the idea of that. I wished I had my group chat friends here, or at least Shorey. Anyone at this point would’ve been nice.

It wasn’t very long until I got to the bottom of the mountain. It was around noon when the trail finally leveled off again and I was walking through a field of snow. Somehow, the snow here was deeper than it was on the mountain, going halfway up to my legs. It was a slog walking through, and I could feel my legs already start to get numb after a few minutes. I wished I had asked about boots, because this felt brutal.

I trudged along though, not stopping to rest until I came to a frozen river that was somehow free of snow. It was wide, one that stretched for what looked like had to be a couple thousand feet, and moved across the entirety of the plain from left to right. I was almost worried that if I stepped on it it would crack underneath me, but then a bite of wind reminded me that this thing was likely frozen solid.

I stepped onto it gingerly, testing the strength of it before deciding that it was safe enough to be on. I casually set my supplies on it, using my teeth to pull out a sleeping bag to lay on. I needed time to warm up a little bit if I could, and opened up the sleeping back to crawl into it. I shivered as my back touched the ice through the bag, but before long, my body heat was enough to warm the thing up to something comfortable. It almost felt like a warm summer day lying in this thing. Well, a summer day in comparison to this weather, which meant it was probably still under sixty degrees. I took it though, gratefully, nowhere near ready to complain about it. I had to wonder if there was some sort of magic in the bag helping me stay warm in it when it was so cold outside. Either way, it was good to have for how long I was gonna be out here.

Four or five days out here. This was going to be brutal, but not as cold as I thought it would be, at least while I was sleeping. And I had supplies– a tent, some water, food– enough to last that long. In a few days, I’d be in the Crystal Empire, and all of this would be… not fixed, but better. Hopefully, anyway. I would not be surprised though if the ice broke beneath me and I was forced to walk back to Rusty Bucket.

I knew I was being too negative, but it was hard to get out of that mindset with everything that happened. There was no way to ignore something so terrible when I had everything I wanted such a short while ago. How long was that? Months? There was no way it could’ve been three days ago. Three full days since I was able to be myself. Part of me just wanted to sink through the ice and drown, I hated this so much.

I didn’t sink though. Instead, my ears eventually got way too cold to keep staying out here, even despite my hat. Even with the sun on my face, it was way too cold to be laying around out here. Not to mention, my back was getting completely frozen laying what was basically ice separated by a blanket. Although the rest of the sleeping bag was warmish, I couldn’t stay here longer than a few minutes.

I moved to sitting on top of the bag, a slightly more comfortable thing to do, as I got out food for lunch. It was only bread and cheese this time, and completely frozen, but it was something. I could barely open the bag though, having to use my teeth, but I thought I was starting to get used to that. I worked on trying to use my hooves some more though, and tried to use my unicorn magic, too. Neither worked, but I wasn’t concerned right now. One of them at least worked on instinct.

I headed back off after struggling with it for a while, having trouble setting my supplies back on my back before I set off. I walked some more, the rest of the day until the sun started to go down. I didn’t get to the green, unable to see it anymore, probably because I wasn’t still at the top of Mount Everhoof. Before the sun went down though, I could see dark clouds gathering, and the wind start to pick up more. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what that meant.

“Why does every single bad thing that can happen have to happen right now?” I asked aloud, my voice shaking. I hated Murphy’s law, and wanted absolutely anything other than to stay out here in the night when it was about to snow. I was terrified by having to deal with this, and started to cry again.

Can’t stand here and cry, I told myself, setting my stuff down where I was. Can’t get too terrified about all this. What do I do though? Umm…

My heart was pounding as the sun sank and the clouds moved in. I needed to get set up, that I knew. I could not stay out in the cold and snow without a good shelter. I might have managed at the top of the mountain, but doing that now would for sure kill me, and I really didn’t want to die.

I started by moving around and kicking the snow away, trying to make a nice little spot where I could lay on the ground directly. It took much longer than I imagined it would, probably half an hour to clear out a space the size of a big van. I was huffing and puffing by the time I was satisfied, but continued to work. The wind was picking up, which only made me more afraid. I wanted to be done with this before whatever blizzard was coming made its way to me.

I started moving onto the tent, getting more and more nervous and afraid as I struggled to set it up. These useless hooves still wouldn’t grip anything, and using my teeth to try and get this built felt like an impossible task. It made my heart race that I would be out here tentless enduring whatever was coming.

“God damnit, come on and work!” I yelled desperately at my hooves, wishing they would listen. “I cannot do this like this! Please!” My hooves, however, did not answer me, as much as I wanted them to.

I went back to using my teeth to try and assemble this thing, but after a couple of more unsuccessful minutes, the snow started to fall. Only a few flakes, but that was enough to tell me to give up and just tough it out without a tent.

“God, this is such fucking bullshit,” I complained bitterly. “Why does this all have to happen? It was barely even a joke!”

A few more tears ran down as I debated what I should do. Right now my options were to stay right here for the night, head back to see Rusty Bucket, or keep on walking through the snow. The second and third options sounded terribly unappealing, which left me with one choice.

“Argh! This can not be happening to me!” I yelled, as though saying that would change something. “What did I do to deserve all of this?” I asked the wind as it whipped around me, little snowflakes landing on my nose. “Why do I deserve Luna not helping me and being stranded on a mountain and not being able to pick things up and being stuck in the snow and being a man again? I didn’t do anything! Why is this happening?”

The only answer I got was the wind biting me again, cutting me and telling me I should huddle up in what little protection I had. I reluctantly did as it requested, pulling the sleeping bag into the little opening of the tent as it lay on the ground. The more layers I had between me and the cold and snow, the better. The bottom of the tent on the ground wouldn’t make my back so cold now at least, helped by the fact that I wasn’t laying on ice.

I huddled up in the sleeping bag, hoping this wouldn’t be as bad as I was expecting. I was still shaking with fear though that I would die alone out here in the snow. I needed someone else here with me. I was not going to make it on my own. Anyone at all would be better than being alone.

I really wish Shorey was here, I thought as I closed my eyes and curled into a ball in my sleeping bag. They would know what to do.