• Published 26th Feb 2022
  • 2,730 Views, 185 Comments

Wish Fulfillment (Legacy Version) - Boopy Doopy



Rally saw an advertisement for a spellcaster listed, so she decided to have some fun and asked to be turned into a pony in Equestria. She got what she asked for, but not what she wanted.

  • ...
37
 185
 2,730

(24) All Your Reasons

“Are you and Rally going out?” Moberly suddenly asked as she and Shorey stepped inside the apartment. “Because the way you’re acting with her seems weird.” The question caught Shorey off guard and made her blush a bit, but she didn’t let her embarrassment show for more than a second.

“I’m not acting weird,” she replied. “You’re just being mean for no reason. You know you’re hurting her when you act like that, right?”

“I’m not trying to hurt her, but she’s not a mare. He’s not a mare, and calling him one does nothing but–”

“I don’t want to hear it. You know you would hate it if you were called a stallion, except it’s worse for her because she has to be a stallion again. So maybe, you should have a little empathy.”

“I have empathy! I just–”

“Then act like it, because it certainly doesn’t seem like you do to me.”

“When I was a man, I didn’t ask to be called a woman. I just sat there and dealt with it. Rally should be able to deal with it, too.”

“And you being a mare right now. That’s proof that you dealt with it, right?”

“I didn’t ask to be a mare!” she said, blushing profusely. “That was Zulu’s decision, not mine. I didn’t ask for this!”

“What did you ask for then?”

Somehow, her cheeks became even redder, and she looked away. “I… I only asked to be able to feel like myself when I went to Equestria,” she said, practically whispering. Her ears were pressed flat against her head as she said it, and she hung it low in shame.

“But I didn’t specifically ask to be a mare,” she tried to say, “so therefore–”

“So I should call you a man then, right? Because if you keep treating Rally the way you are, that’s what I’m going to start doing. We’re stuck in this city together, living in the same apartment. If we can’t treat each other with respect, this is gonna be hell.”

Moberly grumbled and rolled her eyes at that. “Are you two dating? Because you both act like a couple.”

“Not currently.” She couldn’t believe she actually said that. It made her heart beat out of her chest to think about.

“Not currently means you basically are, except not officially. I guess it makes sense why you’re taking her side.”

“No, I’m talking her side because you’re acting like a jerk. I don’t care if you think she’s a mare or a stallion, but I do care that you treat her with respect.”

There wasn’t much more said after that, Shorey heading into the shower to clean off. She let her answer to the question play in her head. Not currently. They weren’t dating yet, but it was an inevitability, wasn’t it? All she was waiting on was for Rally to ask so she could say yes. She once again wondered if she should just preemptively asked, but once again decided against it. Better to wait for Rally to ask directly.

She could tell Rally wanted to ask yesterday, but stopped herself. That wasn’t her making her do that, was it? She didn’t mean to if it was. She just assumed that Rally was the type to not really care where they were when she asked. Next time the mare asked, she would take her up on her offer to go outside, or whatever it was she wanted to do.

She closed her eyes and let herself enjoy the warm water falling on her like rain for a moment. She was actually in Equestria, feeling like herself for the first time in a lifetime. She had a place to live, a job, a couple of her friends with her– life was looking much brighter than it was less than a week ago. There were a few issues to work out, namely Rally’s being a stallion, but other than that, the future was wide open. It was unbelievable.

She had to give herself a hug as she started to tear up. She was an actual woman, one who could actually have kids, something she never thought would ever be possible. She would never ask for another thing now that she had this.

She took a breath to regain control of her emotions, and stepped out a few minutes later, being greeted by the sight of a sniffling Moberly. The mare had her eyes closed as her own tears dripped down onto the couch she sat on. She didn’t even notice Shorey coming out.

“Everything alright?” she asked carefully, getting Moberly to quickly shake her head and wipe her eyes.

“I’m fine,” she said, clearly lying. “I just got something in my eye.”

“You know you can talk to me about whatever is bothering you,” Shorey pressed. “Although I’m pretty sure I can guess what it is. It’s not hard to figure out.”

She gave a little embarrassed half smile before turning away shamefully. “It’s just… I mean, what do you expect? New body, new hormones that my mind has to get used to. That’s all.”

“Happy about being a mare?” Shorey asked, teasing a little bit. “You don’t have to pretend with me.” She got a tiny, almost imperceptible nod in response, one that made her smile wider. “It’s nice, isn’t it?”

“Yeah,” she whispered. “I can’t say so in front of Rally though because I know they’re just gonna rub it in and laugh at me. I don’t know what I’d do if I cried in front of her.”

“Rally is the very last person in the world who would ever laugh at you. If anything, she’d cry for you and tell you how happy she is for you and give you a hug. Or, she would, if you stop acting like a jerk.”

“I’m not gonna call them a mare,” Moberly responded, taking a breath to get control of her emotions. “He’s a stallion.”

“Moberly.”

“I won’t. I’m not gonna self-censor to conform to something I don’t agree with.”

“It’s called just being nice, Moberly,” Shorey told her, frowning again now. “Her mental state is not good right now, and acting how you are isn’t going to help it.”

“Of course, you’re taking her side,” Moberly shook her head and rolled her eyes.

“I’m not taking her side in anything. I’m just asking you to be nice. She already said she’s going to try and complain less since you don’t wanna hear her talk about it. You can even use they/them if you want. I’m sure she won’t care.”

“Even using that, I know I’m self-censoring, and I severely dislike the idea of that. I’m not gonna self-censor for something I disagree with.”

“Well I’m telling you this now: if you act like a jerk to her, I’m going to be angry and act like a jerk to you.”

“Whatever,” Moberly rolled her eyes, wiping them again with her hooves. “I’m gonna take a shower.”

Shorey let out a breath she’d been subconsciously holding in as the mare left. Okay, maybe there were more than a few issues to work out, but still. They were in Equestria, and she was a mare, and that was what mattered most. Just that thought made her smile again.

Rally came in a few minutes later while Moberly was still in the shower, smiling brightly herself. It was nice to see with how rarely she did it, and made her smile even wider.

“Hey Shorey! Guess what I just saw today!” She didn’t wait for an answer as she excitedly said, “You know how in the comic you can look into the Crystal Heart and see your destiny? Well I went there and looked into it and saw myself as a mare!”

“That’s great, Rally,” Shorey said kindly, happily, genuinely feeling glad for her. “I told you we were going to get you all fixed up. I don’t know how long it’ll be, but it’ll happen.”

“Yes it will, and oh my gosh does it make me happy! I knew I wasn’t born to be a stallion… like Lord Zulu told me I was…” She was suddenly in tears, and a second later, Shorey was hugging her tightly, letting her friend put her muzzle into her neck.

“And I’m actually crying again because I’m just so happy,” she said. “I love you Shorey. I’m so glad you’re here with me. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“I love you too, Rally,” Shorey replied.