• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 595 Views, 31 Comments

How's It Going, Eh? - Yip



Caneighdians run a broadcast.

  • ...
2
 31
 595

Cold Ones

Ah, I think we forgot the bacon. Maple, how could you forget such an important thing?

Hey, hosehead! We're on the air, do it!

Oh, whoops! Silly me, eh? Cooroocoocoocoocoocoocoo!

Beauty. In case none of you know, which would make sense since it's our first broadcast, we're on the radio. I'm Maple Canuck, and this is my brother, Loonie.

How's it going, eh?

So, our producer wants us to do these little things every holiday or something, talking aboot stuff if he likes us today. Sounded pretty neat, so we took it.

It was my idea, don't let hosehead over here tell you otherwise!

Take off, we're both in this together.

Yeah, okay. When I get famous, you'll be looking for me for a job in the big time.

Now, we had to think of something to cover now, since it isn't a holiday today.

We decided to talk aboot anything we think of.

Exactly. So bear with us, and sit down for the show—

Listen to you talk, eh? I'm getting sleepy just listening to you go on and on...

Why'd you have to interrupt me? There you go, making me look bad.

Just hand me a pillow so I can rest. You know, I kind of like this situation. I could be naked for all you know— we could both be naked. You right there listening to us wouldn't have any idea.

Hey! You're scaring them away! Due to you, we won't ever get famous. Then what'll happen to that hit single you wanted to write at Christmas time?

I guess you're right. I could still be naked for all you folks know, though *snort*.

Take off.

So, we're ready for anything we think of. We've got a six-pack here and some back bacon on a portable stove if we want. Gotta keep happy, eh?

Hey, hoser! You forgot something!

What?

You're not wearing a tuque! You're clearly not part of the great white north.

I am too!

Whatever. Even if you aren't a true Caneighdian like me, you can still talk with me. I'll call you my guest, so it sounds like a real neat broadcast.

Okay. I'm Loonie Canuck, and I'm an expert on... wait, you never told me the topic! Why would you do that, making me look bad?

*snort* That was pretty funny. Anyway, I wanted to talk aboot them Equestrians down south.

Oh, well I'm an expert on them for sure!

Well, Mr. Expert, can you tell us aboot them?

Well, they're all weird and stuff. They don't even play hockey at all. I'm pretty sure they haven't even heard of Braeden Coltby or Boer Orr.

That sounds like a nightmare! What else can you tell us?

Their police don't have nice jackets like ours! They've got this weird blue colour to them— colour! That's another thing! They talk all weird! Their accent is weird, they say "zee" instead of "zed", they don't have a "u" in some words like colour...

You can't hear somepony saying colour differently.

Oh, yeah. But I see it in when they write stuff.

Wait a second, I think this topic was supposed to be our Caneighda Day topic scheduled if we last that long.

Oh, take off. Our listeners wouldn't remember after all that time, even if we do last that long.

Are you calling them stupid? That's not very nice.

We should talk aboot beer instead. I don't like where this conversation is going, eh?

I know what you mean. I just grabbed a cold one, and if you want one too, I'll put one on the table.

Thanks. Wait, what kind of beer is this? It doesn't have the Coltson logo on it.

Oh, I picked up a different kind, it's called "Cud Light". It's pretty popular in Equestria, so I decided to try it for myself, eh?

I suppose so. *sip* Ugh! This tastes awful! Is it made out of real cud or something? Take it back, hoser, or I'll make you drink both bottles!

If you folks haven't noticed already, my brother is a huge hosehead. He always takes my back bacon, he forgets his tuque, and he gets mad when I play a little joke on him like this. You see, folks, we like good beer. Goosehead, Coltson, Heelback, you name it. But that stuff that Equestria and beyond calls beer... it shouldn't be imported here. It tastes like back bacon was shoved into a cup of Tim Colton's worst coffee.

But we like Tim Colton's and back bacon, hosehead.

That is true. Have you been there recently? They have this new system that makes every size bigger. I think everypony there just wanted to stay awake for longer or something.

It's pretty cold out there, maybe they want to warm up.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Maybe if you had a tuque, you wouldn't mind the cold so much.

Tuques are a beauty, eh?

Indeed.

I bet you stole it from me, that's why I couldn't find it last night.

I bought this one this morning, you couldn't have owned it.

I'm a time traveller, eh? *snort*

Oh, you totally are. You've got the smarts to make a super cool time machine that is super complicated and stuff.

I'm a genius, haven't you noticed?

If you were a genius, you would've known that I said something sarcastic. If you were a genius, you wouldn't have dropped out of seventh grade. If you were a genius—

Hey, hosehead!

What? Why would you rudely interrupt me like that again?

I don't need a college education to be smarter than you!

You don't even have a high school education.

Why do you have to be so mean? I'm your brother, and you said we have to stick together earlier in the show.

Well you started it. I guess I'll stop it.

*snort* I knew that would work.

Okay, so that's the end of our show. No more time left to talk about anything. Good day— oh, we already have fan mail. Well how about that? Let's read it, Loonie.

Sounds good to me, eh?

It's from Twilight Sparkle in Equestria. It says "You guys were rude to Equestria earlier in the show. You shouldn't have said those things about us, they are completely untrue—"

Blah, blah, blah. How did she even send that so fast? It's like she has some sort of magic ability to send mail to us.

Yeah, but who cares? She's from Equestria. At least we did get some fan mail— hate mail, I guess— which means people listen to us.

I guess that's a good thing, because then we'll be famous someday, eh?

I guess so.

So that's our show—

That's my line.

Cooroocoocoocoocoocoocoo! That's our show for today, see you on the next holiday! Good day, I'm Loonie Canuck and this is my brother Maple!

Take off.