• Published 25th Jan 2022
  • 7,234 Views, 361 Comments

My Little Pony: No Way Home - Battwell



When Twilight Sparkle completed Star swirl’s spell, she unknowingly brought visitors to Equestria.

  • ...
7
 361
 7,234

Comes Great Responsibility

"W...what do you mean we're out of time?!" Applejack asked frantically.

Celestia sighed, "They've been here for too long. Our reality is already starting to break apart. Soon, our entire dimension will cease to exist."

"Isn't there something we can do? What about that spell?" Shining Armor asked.

Luna shook her head, "It's far too late for that. The spell would only send them home. It wouldn't repair the damage done to our dimensional barrier."

Pinkie stepped forward, "So.....we lost?"

Luna sighed, "I'm afraid so."

Everyone looked horrified. Everything they had ever known was coming to an end. Everyone they loved. Everything they cared for. Gone. Forever. The sky began to split apart even further as the shards of their reality continued to fall. Twilight looked down in defeat.

How could this have happened? Everything was meant to work out. But it's all crashing down right on top of her. If she hadn't cast that spell, none of this would have happened. If she hadn't ascended into an Alicorn, none of this would have happened. Her parents would still be alive. These beings would be in their dimensions. And their entire world wouldn't be dying. If only she hadn't become an Alicorn.

It was then that Twilight's eyes snapped open as an idea came to her. She stepped towards the princesses, "What about me?"

Celestia tilted her head, "Pardon?"

Twilight clarified, "What if...... What if you took away my Alicorn status? Use that magic to repair the dimensional barrier, and send them home?" She pointed to the Multiversal Beings with her hoof.

Celestia shook her head, "Twilight--"

"Would that work?"

She sighed before answering, "......Yes."

AJ stepped forward, "But, Twi. If ya'll do this, you'll lose everythang you've worked so hard to earn."

Rarity then stepped forward, "You'll lose your wings."

"Y....you won't be a princess." Fluttershy added.

Twilight gave them a determined look, "It's the only way."

"But, Twilight. What about your destiny?" Celestia asked.

Twilight turned to her mentor, "Maybe..... Maybe this is what I was meant to do. Gain Alicornhood so I could save everypony. Maybe being a princess isn't who I was meant to be."

The two sisters looked at one another before turning to Twilight, "Are you sure about this?" They both asked in unison.

Twilight nodded, "I'm sure."

Luna sighed before smiling at her friend, "You are the strongest mare I have ever met, Twilight Sparkle."

"Say your goodbyes. You might not see them again." Celestia said.

Twilight nodded as she galloped to the two Spider-Men. As Webb-Verse Peter helped his counterpart to his feet, they smiled at the Alicorn.

She giggled nervously as she rubbed the back of her head, "Hey! Uh... I think this is it. I think you’re about to go home." She sighed as she looked at the two, "Um, look, I, uh... thank you! I just want to-- I want you-- I want to tell you that... I really don’t know how to say this, I--"

"Twilight." She looked at Raimi-Verse Spider-Man, who had a kind smile on his face, "We know. It's what we do."

"Yeah. It’s what we do." Webb-Verse Peter added.

Twilight felt tears in her eyes as she tackled them both in a bone crushing hug, to which the two heroes returned. She departed from the hug with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you for everything."

They all smiled at one another for one last time until Twilight quickly galloped towards Eddie Brock. The two Spider-Men smiling as she ran off.

"She's going to be spectacular." Raimi-Verse Peter said.

"Amazing." Webb-Verse Peter added as they looked at one another.

Twilight ran to Eddie, who smiled at her, "Listen. I...I wanted to thank you. The both of you."

Venom then emerged from Eddie's shoulder, "Don't mention it. It was kinda cool to visit another dimension. Beats the arguing."

"Amen to that." Eddie added.

Eddie then bent down and scratched Twilight behind her ear. Twilight then enveloped him in a hug, to which the former reporter returned. The embrace ended as Eddie smiled at her, "Now go on. Get outta here, princess."

Twilight smiled as she walked over to Celestia, Luna, and Cadance, who all had tears in their eyes.

"Ready?"

Twilight nodded as Celestia smiled, "Thank you, Twilight. I know what you are sacrificing. Thank you for this selfless act."

"You really are the best of us." Luna added.

"Thank you, Twilight." Cadance finished.

Twilight smiled as she tackled them all into a hug. The embrace ended as Twilight sniffled before spreading her wings. The three princesses horn's shined as all four of them levitated into the air. A light shined around all of them as Cadance, Luna, and Celestia all fired beams of magic at Twilight.

The beams hit Twilight as she was encased in a heavenly glow. She smiled as she closed her eyes. Her wings started to glow as they turned into little specs of light. Her wings then completely faded away as the specs of light flew out of the window and shot up into the sky.

The specs hit the cracks in reality as they began to seal the holes in reality. It was then that Max Dillion began to glow. He looked at his hands before fading away, back into his dimension. Flint Marko then faded away, as did Curt Connors. As Otto was fading away, he smiled at Raimi-Verse Peter before waving at his friend. He then faded away as well. Norman sighed in regret as he too faded away.

Eddie then started to glow as he looked down at his hands.

"I need a drink."

"Can you even get drunk?"

Venom and Eddie then faded away. The two Spider-Men looked at one another as they began to fade away. They smiled at one another as they waved before disappearing back to their universes.

As the tears in reality began to seal, Twilight looked down at her friends, smiling as tears fell from her eyes. The Mane 6 smiled back as they too cried. Twilight felt the magic leaving her body as the tears sealed completely. Before anyone knew it, the room was engulfed in a bright white light.

(End song)


2 Months Later

Celestia and Luna walked down the halls of their castle. The reconstruction effort to repair Canterlot from Goblin's attack was going really well. Most of the damages were repaired and everything was at peace. It's been 2 months since Twilight sacrificed her Alicorn status to save their world.

Celestia felt guilt ridden for what had happened. After they had all learned of Night Light's death, Shining Armor and Spike began to grow more cold towards her. Her relationship with Twilight hadn't changed much, but she could tell that she was growing more distant as time went by.

She sighed as Luna placed a wing on her sister's shoulder. Celestia looked at her sister, who was giving the Solar Monarch a small smile.

"Worry not, dear sister. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to."

Celestia smiled, "I know that, Lulu. But I still feel that my past relations with Shining Armor and Spike, not to mention Twilight will never truly be what it once was."

Luna sighed, "Maybe not. But maybe it's for the best."

Celestia raised an eyebrow, "How so?"

"This could give them all a new perspective on life. A chance to grow in ways they never would have before. For the first time in any of our lives. We walk a different path to destiny."

Celestia could see what Luna meant, "I suppose you're right."

"I always am, aren't I?" Luna quipped.

Celestia chuckled, "Oh, stop it."

The two continued to walk to their throne room, passing the newly installed stain glass windows. Showing rememberance of the heroes that helped save their world.

The Lethal Protector.

The Amazing Spider-Man.

And Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.


Twilight placed the flowers on top of her parent's graves with her magic. The funeral had been months ago, but the pain was still there. She stared at the headstones for a moment before breaking down. Before she knew it, she was engulfed in a group hug by her friends.

Since she was no longer a princess, she had a little more free time. She may not have been able to help Equestria as a princess, but she had other ideas on how to make a difference in the world. Thanks to a little souvenir that Webb-Verse Spider-Man had left as a little surprise gift, she had an idea on what to do.

She had asked Rarity to work on a secret project for her. Rarity was at first skeptical on hiding this from her friends, but she soon realized why Twilight had asked her to keep it a secret. It took a few days, maybe weeks, Twilight lost count, but it was finally done. And it looked perfect.


A white hoof stepped on a snowy rooftop in Manehatten. The mare looked out to the snowy city, knowing that it needed a protector.

Twilight looked at her new suit with a smile on her face.

Twilight sighed contently as she adjusted the web shooters Webb-Verse Peter had left behind for her with her magic. She smiled as she used her magic to lift up her hood and put her mask on. She then ran towards the edge of the building at a fast speed.

She then jumped off the edge of the roof and stuck out her hoof, using her magic to activate the web shooters, and shot a line of web at a nearby building and swung further into the city. She continued swinging into the night. Equestria may have lost a princess, but it had gained a new hero. A protector. A savior.

A Spectacular Spider-Mare.

THE END

Author's Note:

And that's it for No Way Home.

Holy shit this story blew up, my god.

It's easily become my most popular story on this site.

Words cannot express how grateful I am for the love and support for this story.

Thank you all so much.

This is Battwell, signing off!