• Published 18th Dec 2021
  • 1,094 Views, 54 Comments

Equestria Girls (Web Series) Season 3 - DiamondandIce



The Main 7 are back for another season of their magic adventure.

  • ...
1
 54
 1,094

Daily Life with the Apples

“Hoowee, that’s the last apple tree we need to harvest.” Applejack took off her hat as she wiped her forehead. “All that’s left is to load these crates into the truck for delivery to the farmer’s market.”

“Got it!” Pinkie and Frostbite said as they started lifting the crates to the van.

It’s a bright sunny day at Sweet Apple Acres, perfect day for harvesting some apples. The second sibling to the Apple family, Applejack finished picking the apples of the last tree that's needed. All of this was hard work which is easy as pie for the farm girl since she also considers this a form of exercise for herself. She didn’t do this all by herself though, today her friend Pinkie Pie and her Frostbite (Pinkie’s special someone) helped with picking the apples as they loaded them at the van.

Normally either it's either her younger sister Apple Bloom or the eldest sibling Big Macintosh helping her with this whenever they are available. But today Apple Bloom was taking care of the chickens, Granny Smith was busy with the cows and Big Mac can’t work after a silly accident he did to himself.

“Thank you both for dropping by to help with mah granddaughter.” Granny Smith thanked Pinkie and Frostbite as they loaded the last of the farm goods to Frostbite’s van.

“It’s nothing. Originally I was supposed to go to the grocery store and that is when I got the message from Applejack and if that’s the case, I called Frosty about this. I mean why go to the supermarket if we’ll get them from the source.” Frostbite said as he earned a chuckle from everyone as he closed the door to his van. “Speaking of which, how did Big Mac injure his hand?”

“Has something to do with Ms. Cheriee.” Apple Bloom teased her big brother who just whistled and played innocent.

“Mah silly brother has this crush with Ms. Cherilee,” Applejack said his secret as he tried to stop her. “That one day when we were at Canterlot High, me and him were makin sure the truck’s engine wasn’t overheatin’, that is when Ms. Cherilee showed up to get somethin in her car. He got so distracted that he closed the hood of the truck without paying attention that his hand was there.”

“Guilty as charged,” Big Mac said, rolling his eyes.

“Anyway, ya’ll better hurry along and get them delivered to the market.” Applejack reminded them as Big Mac got into the front seat of the van since he cannot drive. “Oh Pinkie, Frostbite we also save some apples, eggs and milk for both of ya’ll once you made the delivery and come back since that is the reason why yer here.”

“Sweet.” Frostbite took out his wallet. “Uh, how much are they?”

“We’ll talk about it later. Now ya’ll three better get a move on.”

Pinkie got in the back without toppling the goods as her boyfriend got into the driver’s seat and started the van as they drove off. The remaining three head inside until Applejack’s middle starts to growl.

“Whoops haha, guess all that apple picking made me hungry and it's near lunch.”

“Oh, how about I make lunch using some of the eggs Ah saved from one of our chickens.” Apple Bloom volunteered while her sister raised an eyebrow.

“Ah don’t know, last time this happened when you and yer friends were at Rarity’s and nearly burned Rarity’s kitchen.”

“NO, not this time. We had some lessons…”

“From Rarity.”

“...and Ardee.” Apple Bloom adds to her sister’s sentence.

“Oh, him.” Applejack said that last part in a low tone. “Anyway Ah’ll be watchin just to make sure.”

“Ya’ll really don’t have to.”

In the end Applejack just watched nearby as her younger sister made the preparations. She positioned a bowl in front of her since her plan is to make an omelet. Apple Bloom tapped the egg at the side of the bowl creating a little opening. She cracked it open and what came out is a fluffy yellow ball instead of the actual egg itself which also got the attention of Applejack.

(*Tweet* *tweet* *tweet*)

“Awwe!” Both sisters witnessed the birth of a baby as it got to its two little feet.

“Hey lil fella.” Applejack took the chick from the bowl into her hands. “Yer ain’t supposed to be in there. Yer supposed to be with your mother.”

“Guess baby chicks for breakfast is a bad idea. Oh well, better try another egg.”

Apple Bloom grabbed another egg and cracked it open. Same as the last one, another baby chick came out from the egg. Both sisters look at each other then to the remaining eggs. The older sister ordered the youngest one to break all the eggs open into. Just as Applejack predicted, all the eggs were cracked open and an exact total of eight baby chick came out from them.

“What’s all the hullabaloo about?” Granny Smith came to check all the noise coming from the kitchen to witness the newly born chicks with Applejack and Apple Bloom. “Hehehe ya’ll better get those lil fellers back to where you got them from.”

Applejack used her hat to carry most of the chicks as Apple Bloom carried the rest carefully to the chicken coop. The youngest Apple said she got them from Ms. Cluckerbottom which they easily spot the chicken. Upon approaching the mother hen, both of them placed the baby chicks down as the mother easily recognized her children. The same goes with the chicks recognizing their own mother.

“Now that's what Ah call a happy reunion.” Applejack said as she pulled her younger sister to her. “Too bad for the omelet, that’ll better wait next time.”

“Oh man.” Apple Bloom then realized something. “I forgot that we have eggs in the refrigerator, I’ll use those instead.”

“Sure you can sugarcube.” Applejack allowed her as the younger sister went inside. “Ah wonder why she never thought of the ones in the refrigerator in the first place? No matter, at least we have new members added to the family.” She gave a last look at the baby chicks with their mother as she went inside the house.