• Published 18th Dec 2021
  • 1,094 Views, 54 Comments

Equestria Girls (Web Series) Season 3 - DiamondandIce



The Main 7 are back for another season of their magic adventure.

  • ...
1
 54
 1,094

Spike Switcheroo

“Nice day for a walk,” Night Star said while holding on to a leash. “Especially you, Twily said you could use the exercise, since you gained some weight.”

Twilight’s boyfriend wasn’t at his part-time job at the mall as he and Spike walked around the neighborhood and without realizing they arrived at Canterlot High. They are about to leave, until they see the portal at the Wondercolt statue glowing that something/ someone is coming through. The two were expecting Princess Twilight, but it wasn't her who came out but someone else.

“Wait, is that…me?” Spike asked either Night Star or himself.

That’s right, the Spike from Equestria was the one that came out of the portal as he rubbed his head with his paw and got on his two legs then to his four. Night Star sees Spike just staring at his double who is about to enter back into the portal, which gives him an idea.

“Spike, over here!” Night Star called out the other Spike, getting his attention.

“Oh hey and…” Spike greeted him and when he looked down, his sentence was cut in two. “...me?”

The two approached the other Spike who just sat there staring as his counterpart from this world approached him. Night Star was pretty sure that his girlfriend and Princess Twilight interacted but not the two Spikes, so this is the perfect opportunity for the two to meet each other.

“Spike, meet…your other self,” Night Star said.

“So-what's up?” Spike awkwardly greeted his double with his two finger paws pointing at him. Then he looked back at the Night Star. “This is getting awkward.” He hears footsteps and sees his double now in front of him, giving a friendly smile while holding his paw out. He gets the sign meaning ‘shake hands’ or to correct it ‘shake paws’ as he reaches out and shakes paws with his Equestria counterpart. “So, what brings you here?”

Spike (Equestria) explained that he was just cleaning the castle and while at it, he cleaned the mirror. Then he accidentally tripped over something and entered the mirror which he got here. Instead of heading back the two dogs (one being a dragon) interact with each other.

“Wow, for a dragon you’re already famous. Saving an empire three times in a row and getting to go out on adventures and here I am just a talking dog who just eats, sleeps and plays with my owner,” Spike said sounding a bit upset then something came to his mind. “I wonder what it feels like to be a dragon?”

“How about you come with me to Equestria so I can show you,” The other Spike suggested then something hatched up in his head. “Also after I’m done showing you the ropes, we can switch places just for one day and see how it goes.”

“I…I guess one day wouldn’t hurt.”

“Great, then one day it is. Besides, our Twilights wouldn’t mind.” Spike (Equestria) led Spike to the portal before looking at the Night Star. “I’ll just show him around for a while then I will be right back.”

“I’ll just wait here and take a nap over there.” Night Star pointed to a tree nearby. “Don’t take long.”

“We won’t.” The two Spikes said as they entered the portal.

****************************************************************************

Half an hour passed and Night Star was having a good snooze underneath the tree. It wasn’t long Spike came out of the portal and ran towards him. He moved his arm as he called out to him making him groan and waking from his nap.

“Oh, you’re back.” Night Star stretched his arms out and double checked one thing. “Are you our Spike or Spike number two?”

“I’m from Equestria,” Spike said. “Sorry it took a little longer that we even bumped into Princess Twilight and was very surprised to see the other me. I only gave him a tour around her castle for the meantime. She will send a message to Sunset about the switch so this world’s Twilight will be aware also.”

“Good, now the only thing we need to do is to drop you over to my girlfriend’s place, show you around her house, then I’ll be on my way.” Night Star took the leash and Spike refused to have it hook to his collar.

“I don’t need that, I’ll just follow you.”


The two arrived at Twilight’s house. Luckily someone was home which was Ms. Twilight Velvet as she thanked Night Star for walking Spike and offered him to rest for a while then he can go. After she went back to what she was doing, Night Star showed him around the house and where/ which rooms to and not to enter. Before leaving, Ms. Velvet told the two of you that it’s Spike’s bath time which you offered to do for her. Funny is when you bathed him in the bathtub, he took a hold of the back scrubber and used it to rub himself without the help of Night Star. Well since he is a dragon and he has fingers, no doubt he can do this by himself. After that Night Star tells him that he will be leaving and asks if he can take it from here which he said yes.


It is now night time and Night got out of the shower and is now getting dressed until his phone rings. After putting on a shirt he checked and saw that Twilight was calling.

“Hello Twily?” He answered his phone.

“DON’T YOU TWILY ME! WHERE IS SPIKE?!” Twilight yelled at the other line as Night Star immediately moved his phone away while he could still hear her loud voice. Then he placed his phone back to his ear as silence came to the other line.

“He’s right there.” He responds as he hears an obviously sarcastic laugh from the other line.

“Okay, very funny. Seriously though, if you think you can fool me, nice try but this is not my Spike.”

“How can you tell?”

“Oh, let me jot it all down to you: When I came home I saw him instead of lying on his stomach like a dog does, he is lying on his back with his paws behind his head; when it's supper the way he asks for a spoon and fork which I wonder but then he ate and uses his front paws to feed himself; When he needs to relieve himself instead of going outside the house, he uses the bathroom and stood on two on top of the toilet seat; And to check if my analysis was correct, I purposely left out a picture of Rarity and pretended that I left the room to see he is gazing at her photo so I had to ask and he admits that he is from Equestria.”

“Sunset was supposed to tell you about this. You didn’t get her message?”

“No I-wait.” Twilight paused for a moment. “I just got the message.”

“Spike said that he will show him around for a while before they both swap places, he should be fine.”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry that I yelled, you could have at least sent me a message while I was at my part-time job. We’ll just meet at the statue tomorrow before classes start to pick up Spike.”

“I’m sorry to Twily, I’ll see you two tomorrow then.”

****************************************************************************

The next day at the statue, the three waited at the statue and then the rest of the Rainbooms arrived. Sunset took out her magic journal and wrote something on it to message Princess Twilight something. It wasn’t long before the portal began to glow and Spike emerged from it.

“Hi Spike!” The Rainbooms greeted him except for the three.

“Hey girls.” Spike said and turned his attention to his other self. “So, how did it go with my Twilight?”

"Good, until she caught me." He replies while scratching teh back of his head, looking away with an awkward smile.

"Spike!" Twilight rushes over and picks him up, giving him a hug. "I was so worried that you swap places. Are you okay, how was it back there?"

The girls were puzzled on what they were talking about which Twilight explains that they swap places for one day. She figured out through his actions that the Spike with her is the one from Equestria and hers was at Equestria. Spike (Equestria) explains Princess Twilight immediately knew the difference because his counterpart doesn’t have any wings yet and also through his actions. He then waves goodbye at them and re enters the portal leaving his counterpart back in his owners hands. Before they all head inside, Spike inserted his finger paw in his mouth a plucked out which looks like a gem shard got stuck between his teeth which he explains that his Equestrian counterpart eats gems to the group laughing it out.