• ...
2
 91
 3,109

Holiday Break-in

The Turtles and Rainbooms were walking around a storage place. Today, they were going to take presents to the Annual Toys for Kids Festival.

“It’s winter break. I have hot cocoa, and we’re gonna give a wagon of toys to the little kids!” Pinkie gasped. “This is the best day EVER!”

“Heck yeah!” Mikey cheered, accidentally spilling hot cocoa on Raph.

“Mikey!” he glared.

Pinkie sniffed and looked at her cocoa. “Is that a marshmallow? Today, just got better!”

Twilight helped her along as Raph chased Mikey past them.

"And thanks for designing those costumes for us to wear so we don't expose ourselves," Leo said to Rarity.

"Oh, think nothing of it, Leonardo," Rarity replied. "It was my pleasure."

Applejack spoke to Sunset, "Mighty kind o' ya to let us keep all these toys in your storage locker, Sunset. I didn't have the space after Granny Smith converted our barn into a hot yoga studio." She leaned against the wall.

"Hot yoga studio?" Donnie asked, perplexed.

Sunset looked just as confused but shrugged it off. "No biggie. Nice to finally use this darn thing. I've been paying monthly, and I never use it."

"What is it, a gym membership?" Twilight remarked, and gave a snort laugh.

Raph had Mikey pinned against the other wall in an arm hold as both he and Mikey gave dry looks to her. "Wow? That was so lame, it's amazing!"

"Yeah," Mikey agreed. "And we thought Leo only gave lame one liners."

"I'm standing right here!" Leo frowned.

"Let's just open the locker," Twilight said.

"Yeah... Good idea, Twilight," Sunset replied, put off by Twilight's joke. "You know, the Toys for Kids Festival is gonna start soon, so just open this lock with the key. Pinkie" and held out her hand..

Pinkie blinked before she answered, "Oh! I gave the key to Mikey." And pointed to the turtle still being pinned by Raph.

"I gave it to Raph," Mikey motioned to Raph.

"I gave it to Rainbow," Raph pointed to Rainbow.

"I gave it to Fluttershy," Rainbow pointed to the shy girl.

"And I entrusted it in Chad," Fluttershy motioned to the owl on her arm. "Do you have it, Chad?"

Chad hoot toward Donnie, who answered, "I gave the key to Leo."

"And I gave it to Rarity," Leo noted.

"Oh, right! The key!" Rarity turned to Sunset. "I put it in a charming little bag, and I gave it to you."

"Yeah... and I left it in my locker," Sunset rubbed her neck.

"Oh, no worries," Rainbow said. "We'll just run down to the school, get the key, and we're back in business."

As they left, Twilight spoke, "Uh, school's closed." But everyone had already gone, and she sighed before she hurried to catch up.

--------

At the school, Sunset tried to push the doors open but they were locked. Raph tried pulling them open while his feet were on them but wasn’t successful either.

“Like I said, school’s closed for winter break.” Twilight bluntly said.

“Thank you, Captain obvious.” Raph griped.

“Well this won’t do at all!” Rarity stated. “Without the key, there is no toys! Without the toys, those adorable children from the Toys for Kids Festival are going to open empty boxes!”

“Nooooo!” Mikey cried dramatically.

Rainbow held her head in fear. “That’s worse than clothes!”

Rarity took aback. “Excuse me!?!”

“Not on my watch!” Sunset stated. “I have a plan.”

Leo then noticed something. “Uh guys?”

But no one listened as Sunset continued to share her plan.

The girls and turtle brothers looked at each other in curiosity as Sunset explained, "The school doors might be locked..."

In a fantasy sequence, Sunset, Pinkie, Leo, and Mikey were on the roof of the school. The girls were dressed in black suits and green night vision goggles while the turtles were in their forest training gear.

"But the air vents aren't."

Sunset opened a vent and the four got ready to lower themselves in with grappling hooks. Meanwhile, inside, the janitor was in the hallway and typed in a security system.

"Fortunately, the hallway has a motion sensor security system. Which we'll have to hack into and disable. That's where Twilight and Donnie come in."

At Twilight's house, the two sat in front of their laptops and hacked into the system. Once that was done, Donnie sent word to Sunset, Pinkie, Leo, and Mikey who all nodded and lowered themselves in. Twilight took her phone and sent a message to Fluttershy.

"Once we're in, we'll need a distraction so the janitor doesn't see us."

Fluttershy nodded to Chad who flew up to the doors and began hooting, which got the janitor's attention and he walked over to the door. The four peeked out from the locker and winced as Chad began chasing the janitor back and forth. Pinkie gave a thumbs up as Sunset opened her locker and took the envelope with the key.

"I'll grab the key, and we're out."

Once Sunset had the key, the Turtles and Rainbooms left the school grounds all wearing sunglasses.

"Any questions?" Sunset asked.

"A few," Twilight raised a finger. "You do know your describing breaking and entering, right?

"Well—" Sunset started.

"Uh, guys?" Leo chimed in.

Twilight went on, ignoring him. "And Fluttershy is friends with animals, sure. She's not going to use them to attack our janitor."

"Not "attack" exactly," Sunset tried.

"About getting in?" Leo tried again but was still ignored.

"And finally, climbing through a vent is dangerous, and if a young person saw us doing it, they might try to imitate it and get hurt," Twilight finished.

"Way to be a buzz kill, Twi," Mikey said.

Sunset sighed and took off her glasses. "Then I guess it's game over."

"Except game not over," Pinkie interjected, putting on her own sunglasses. "'Cause ch-ch-check out my awesome plan! Here's what I'm thinking..."

In Pinkie's fantasy sequence, she and Mikey were baking cupcakes.

"First, we bake a dozen pistachio cream cupcakes."

Once the cupcakes were done baking, they decorated them in pink swirl frosting.

"Then, we leave them outside Principal Celestia's office to lure her out."

The two then placed the cupcakes outside door and raced off as the sweet smell flowed into Celestia's office. When the principal caught scent of the deserts, she left her office and came outside, where she found the cupcakes.

"Once she's out and while the door's still open, I'll use my licorice whip lasso to catch the door handle."

Pinkie lassoed the door and held it open and everyone dashed in. Pinkie quickly followed, closing the door, while Celestia was unaware of what happened. Inside, while Sunset was getting the key, Pinkie and Mikey peeked out from behind the corner with sly looks. Then Pinkie reached into her hair and pulled out a small box of chocolates.

"Then, when we get the key... that's where these chocolate-covered crunch nuggets come in. Mmm!"

"What are those for?" Donnie asked.

"To eat, silly!" Pinkie explained. "After all this heisting, we're gonna be hungry!"

"I like that plan!" Mikey smiled.

"Any questions?" Pinkie asked.

"Uh?" Leo began, till Twilight cut him off.

"Actually yeah," she stated. "So, how are we supposed to bake two dozen cupcakes before the Toys for Kids Festival, hmmm?"

"Uhhh—" Pinkie didn't have the answer.

"And I don't think a licorice lasso is a real thing," Twilight added.

"Mmmm... it could be," Pinkie noted.

"And once again, this is trespassing," Twilight pointed out.

"And once again, you’re being a buzz kill, Twilight," Raph said.

"Not to worry, guys, Dr Einstein's got a plan!" Mikey announced, putting on sunglasses too.

"Where's everyone getting those glasses?" Donnie wondered.

“Uh, guys-?”

Mikey ignored Leo again and began his plan.

“I will call Keno.”

In the fantasy sequence, Mikey whipped out his T Phone and calls Keno who we see in a split screen. Mikey explains while Keno nods.

“We will have him deliver a couple extra large pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese!”

Keno drives up to CHS in a delivery truck and hands a couple of pizza boxes to Mikey who opens one up and eats a slice.

“Any questions?” Mikey asked smugly.

Everyone looked at him dumbfounded before Twilight shouted.

“HOW DOES THAT EVEN GET US INSIDE?”

“We’ll, we’re taking forever coming up with a plan! And I’m hungry!” Mikey whined before grinning. “Besides, if we save a slice for Principal Celestia, she might be grateful and let us in!” He then leaned towards Sunset. “She does like pepperoni, right?”

“Uh Guys?” Leo tried before being ignored again.

“Now you’re just thinking about bribing, Michelangelo. And second, Do you really think Keno will skip out of his Christmas date with Indigo Zap just to get you pizza? Plus, what makes you sure pizza can cook faster than cupcakes let alone delivered?”

“Could we still order pizza?” Mikey asked before Sunset smacked his sunglasses off.

“Guys?”

Applejack ignored Leo and lashed out. “We. Got. Powers! I’m sick of us not using our powers! I want to use our powers!”

In a fantasy sequence, Applejack drives up in her snow bike walks up slowly while transforming into her geode form then lifted up the whole building as everyone cheered.

Applejack smiled with sunglasses on until Twilight spoke. “Yea-no.”

“Seriously. When have we had these sunglasses?” Donnie pondered.

“If I can have-“

Leo was interrupted this time by Raph.

“That’s it! I have a better plan!” He glared as he put on sunglasses.

“I say we go to that snow bank.”

In this fantasy sequence, Raph and Mikey walked to a snowpile.

“Make a whole bunch of snowballs.”

Raph and Mikey make a mountain of snowballs.

“Then PUMMEL TWILIGHT WITH THEM!”

“Wait what?” Raph and Mikey then throw snowballs very very fast at Twilight who tries to shield herself. Soon, they threw so many she was a snowman and Mikey threw a high silk hat on top.

In reality, Twilight scoffed. “What was that for?”

Raph slammed his sunglasses. “Because I’m sick and TIRED of you shooting down our chances of getting Sunset’s key! DO YOU WANT TO GET THE TOYS OR NOT?!

“I do! But I’m not going to break and enter and end up in trouble!”

“WE. ARE. NINJA! We break and enter in ALL THE TIME!”

Everyone started arguing on and on as Leo kept looking back and forth turning red. He had had enough.

“GUUUUUUUUUUYS!” He shouted so loud that everyone looked at him in shock.

“Yes, Leo?” Twilight asked sheepishly.

Without saying a word, Leo angrily turned Twilight’s head towards the door and pointed to them. Everyone looked and gasped. There, standing by the door were Principal Celestia and Fugitoid. Celestia was sitting in a lawn chair eating a bag of popcorn as she waved nonchalantly towards the group.

“Principal Celestia!” Twilight gasped.

“How long were you two standing there?” Sunset asked.

"Oh, before Sunset started explaining her break in plan," Fugitoid explained.

Celestia stood up. "I was going to tell you all that the Color Strikes came by earlier and got the key."

"What?!" The Turtles and Rainbooms exclaimed.

"Why did they do that?!" Sunset asked.

"They said that you sent them to retrieve it," Celestia shrugged, before heading back in.

“Great. Just what we don’t need!” Raph grumbled.

“Don’t those girls know when to quit?” Rainbow facepalmed.

“We better find them. Maybe we can get them back before the festival.” Leo said.

“C’mon!” Sunset cried as they all headed out.

---------

Soon they arrived at the entrance to the mall. As they got closer, they saw the Color Strikes standing there as if they were waiting with Lucky Shot holding a white flag.

"Freeze, Color Strikes!" Pinkie shouted.

"Oh hey, girls," Lip Sinker greeted with a smirk.

"Spare the pleasantries," Applejack rebuffed.

"Hand over those toys, Lip Sinker!" Sunset demanded.

"Or you guys are gonna be snowball targets!" Raph threatened.

The Color Strikes looked at one another before Lip Sinker said, "Alright, here." And tossed the bag to Sunset.

"Wait, what?" She asked, in confusion.

"You're giving us the toys, just like that?" Rainbow inquired.

"I don't buy it!" Raph scoffed. "It's gotta be some kind of trick!"

"Just open the bag!" Belle said, annoyed.

Cautiously, Sunset jerked open the bag and everyone flinched away, expecting something to pop out at them. But nothing did. They peeked inside to find the toys were indeed there.

"All the toys are here!" Rarity exclaimed.

"What's going on?" Donnie asked.

"We come in peace!" Lucky Shot held up the white flag.

"Why did you guys take the toys?" Leo inquired.

"Well," Lightning Crash began. "We were kind of hopping that if we gave you guys the toys for the Toys for Kids Festival...

"You'd maybe let us help?" Botanica finished, batting her eyes pleadingly.

"Why didn't you just ask if you could help?" Applejack inquired.

"This coming from the ones who just ACCUSED us of playing a trick on y'all?!" Peach Cream noted.

"Yeah, I think the answer's pretty clear," Color Kick stated.

"That's uh... fair point," Applejack admitted.

"But why go through all of this?" Rarity asked.

"Ever since that horrid fiasco at the pet show, everyone in Canterlot believes we're nothing but trouble!" Phasioner explained.

"No one will even give us half a chance!" Hot Buns chimed in. "When we volunteered to sing at a toy drive, they refused!"

"You could have just asked," Twilight pointed out.

"We would've been more than happy to let you all help," Fluttershy added.

"Well, we weren't sure, especially since Blue Boy over there has trust issues," Belle pointed at Leo, who rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"True, but I've learned to start giving people a second chances," he said.

"But, if you guy really wanna show you've changed, I have an idea," Mikey chimed in, putting on sunglasses before pointing at Twilight. "And no debunking it, Twi."

---------

Later, at the mall, Raph sat on a big chair, dressed as Santa Claus again. "Ho ho ho," he said, dryly. "Who here's been a good?" And all the kids exclaimed they were. "Good. Now Santa's got some special helpers here today. The Rainbooms!" The girls walked out and waved. "And the Color Strikes!"

The crowd fell silent. The girls could see the acapella singers were right about no one trusting them.

"Santa knows the Color Strikes have been naughty, but they’re going to sing a little song to Santa to proof their nice," Raph told them, and muttered to himself. "Mikey's plan better work, for making me dresscup in this.

Then Color Strikes appeared and began to sing...

[Belle]

This happens every year

It's not the way I planned

I start out being good

And now I don't know where I stand

I feel conflicted

My wicked ways are done

But come on, Santa

Tell me now we can't have any fun?

A little mischief, a little spell

I know your watching

But there's secrets I won't tell

[Phasionor]

I think it's pretty clear

My mirror never lies

I've goon from bad to good

Now, Santa, can't you sympathize

[Lip Syncer]

I made a tiny slip

Can't say I didn’t try

The queen of mean is gone

And now I got a better side

I turned my life around

Santa, can't you see?

Cause there's an angel on my shoulder

Where the devil used to be

[All three]

I made just one mistake or two

I don't know what to dooooooooooo!

[Color Strikes]

Maybe I'm naughty, maybe I’m nice

You can call me sweet

Better think twice

I've done a lot of bad

But I'm trying to be good

Santa will forgive me

Like I knew that he would

I've been bad for so long

Now I'm rolling the dice

Santa, won't you tell me

If I'm naughty or nice?

Naughty or nice

Naughty or nice

[Lip Syncer]

Santa, won't you tell me

If I'm naughty or nice?

[Lucky Shot]

I love this time of year

Presents under the tree

I'm kind of worried

But I'm hoping that there's one for me

[Lightning Crash]

Forget the things I did

The new me's here to stay

But bend the rules

Now that's CS holiday

[Lucky Shot]

How bout a little give

[Lightning Crash]

And then a lot of take

[Lucky Shot]

Hey wait, that isn't fair!

[Lightning Crash]

Come on, give me a break

[Lucky Shot]

I made just one mistake or two

(With Lightning Crash)

I don't know what to dooooooooooo

1 2 3 4

[Color Strikes]

Maybe I'm naughty, maybe I’m nice

You can call me sweet

Better think twice

I've done a lot of bad

But I'm trying to be good

Santa will forgive me

Like I knew that he would

I've been bad for so long

Now I'm rolling the dice

Santa, won't you tell me

If I'm naughty or nice?

[Afromia]

From under the sea

To under the tree

The bad girl's gone

At least for now

You got something for me?

Get your list, check it twice

Am I naughty

Am I nice

Tell me now

Cause I just can't wait

Leave your sleigh, send it fay

I've mended my ways

Seen the light

CS villain to a sheer delight

What's my name?

Say it here

Say I'm bad

Try again next year

[Peach Cream]

I hope it's not too late for me to change my ways

[Hot Buns]

But there's a side inside of me that comes out to play

[Botanica]

Just give me one more chance now before you go

[Color Kick]

I wanna knooooooooooooooooowww

[Color Strikes]

Maybe I'm naughty, maybe I’m nice

You can call me sweet

Better think twice

I've done a lot of bad

But I'm trying to be good

Santa will forgive me

Like I knew that he would

I've been bad for so long

Now I'm rolling the dice

Santa, won't you tell me

If I'm naughty or nice?

(Botanica: Oh, Santa)

Santa, won't you tell me if I'm naughty or nice

(Lightning Crash: Santa won't you tell me)

<Santa, please tell me that I'm nice, nice</i>

(Hot Buns: Am I naughty or nice)

Santa, won't you tell me if I'm naughty or nice

(Lip Syncer: Ooh ooh ooh ooh)

Santa, please tell me that I'm nice, nice

[Lucky Shot]

Cause I've been bad for so long

[Lightning Crash]

Now I'm rolling the dice

[Afromia]

I know you made a list

And your checking twice

[Peach Cream]

Just a little bit of sugar

[Color Kick]

And a lot of spice

[Belle Harmony]

Santa, won't you tell me if I'm naughty or nice

[Color Strikes]

Naughty or nice

Naughty or nice

[Lip Syncer]

Santa, won't you tell me if I'm

Naughty or nice

"Hmm? Well, after giving it some thought," Raph began. "I've decided... that you are... nice!"

All the kids cheered while the acapella singers smiled.

Soon they were helping the Rainbooms, Allies, and the disguised Turtles hand out presents to the kids.

"Well, that's the last gift," Color Kick said.

"And we couldn't have done it without you guys," Sunset told the Color Strikes. "Now, who's ready to go cash in some gift cards?" Everyone cheered, as she turned to Twilight. "Twilight, where's that bag I gave you?"

"I left it at school!" Twilight gasped. But then she smiled and put on some sunglasses. "But I've got an idea..." But before she could share, everyone minus Leo was already long gone. “Guys? Hello?”

“Guess no one wanted to hear your plan.” Leo guessed as he came up with hot cocoa.

“B-but why?” Twilight stuttered as she accepted one of the cups.

“Probably because every time someone had an idea, you quickly shot them down with constant questioning.”

Twilight jaw dropped. “But their plans resulted in breaking and entering! Except Mikey’s was just getting pizza.”

Leo took a sip. “That is true and understandable, but you were holding us up and we were on a deadline. Instead of coming up with a solution, you just made things longer and irritated everyone more and more by pointing out their plan’s flaws than pointing out a solution.”

Soon, Twilight realized that Leo was right. She had been putting her friends down than helping them. She felt so hurt that she almost dropped her cocoa. Luckily, Leo caught it in time. “How could I have been so cruel?”

“I wouldn’t say cruel, but I might say you weren’t being fair.” Leo pointed out. “And you know what to do.”

Knowing he was right; Twilight took a deep breath.

---------

“I am so sorry. I am really, really sorry.”

Twilight was standing in front of the Turtles and Rainbooms apologizing to them. Some like Applejack had their arms folded while Raph juggled a snowball with one arm.

“I didn’t mean to bring you all down on your ideas earlier. While they had flaws in them, I should’ve been a lot nicer about them. For that, I really am sorry.” Twilight bowed sincerely.

The Rainbooms’ expressions softened hearing their friend’s apology.

“Well, they were a little crazy anyway.” Sunset shrugged. “Besides, we had just realized we needed you, Twilight. The gift cards are in your locker after all.”

“You said you had a plan, Twilight?” smiled Applejack.

Twilight was happy to hear her friends were willing to listen this time. Suddenly, she was hit in the eye by a snowball.

“Okay. I guess I deserve that.” Twilight chuckled. Then she was hit by several other snowballs. “Okay, don’t press your luck.” She deadpanned.

Turned out the one who threw the snowballs was Raph, who dusted his hands. “I feel so much better no-”

PLOP! Suddenly, a huge snowbank fell and landed on the hot-headed turtle. Raph popped out his head in anger.

“Okay! That wasn’t funny! Who did that?”

Turned out, Leo and Mikey were standing by a hidden rope acting nonchalant.

“I’d tell him, but modesty forbids!” Mikey whispered to Leo.

“Nice work, little brother.” Leo grinned as the two fist bumped.

To be Continued

Author's Note:

I wanted to get this one before I put up the finale.

Facts-

-I wanted Mikey's plan to be silly and make no sense.

-Raph's plan was inspired by Sylvester's plan from the movie 'Space Jam'

-The Song "Naughty or Nice" from PattyCake Productions. Edited a bit by Jebens1.

- I kinda felt that Twilight was a bit of a snot in the holiday short 'Holiday breakin' while she had understandable reasons so I kinda wanted to give her a little payback nothing big.

- The snowball part was from 'Shrek the Halls.'

Next Time: When a truck full of toys gets hijacked by the Purple Nightmares, It's up to Mikey, Bulk Biceps, Snips, Snails, and Derpy to save Christmas! Will they deliver in time? Or get squashed by Night Terror? Find out in 'Hijack Halt'.