• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 1,023 Views, 30 Comments

Sentinel of Equestria - Traintrax



A teenage dud is dragged to Equestria. For most that would be a dream come true,

  • ...
17
 30
 1,023

Prologue/ A Nobody's Start

Sentinel of Equestria

A/N And with this story we start a trip down into the depths of the life of a boy named Ryan. Note that this is NOT a self insert fic. This character is designed to have a rough start, but trust me his life will get better, or worse. This story can also be found on fanfiction if you’re too impatient to wait for updates. Just know that the Fanfiction version has quite a few errors. They don’t make correcting those things easy.

Prologue

It was just another day in my life. Or should I say my hell? My name is Ryan. What's my last name you ask? Who gives a shit? If you really care, make one up or something. That was rude of me, sorry. My last name is private, so I don't think I'll say just yet. Anyways, my life sucks. I'm not poor, but I'm not quite rich either. Upper middle class too be precise. Other than that I'm just a typical dude. Back on topic, then. My life truly sucks.

My family, most of them, hate me. They've always hated me. But, I never understood why. I have almost no friends, and I'm not too quick at making new ones. All in all, I suck. However, at first glance, that isn't what you'd believe. With my rather unkempt long dark brown hair and my pale complexion, I look rather friendly and approachable. I also look like something out of a Twilight movie. I fucking hate the Twilight movies. you should be warned, there is more to me than meets the eye. I'm mean and I'm hateful. I don't mean to be like this, but I am. Not just that, though, I still somehow manage to be a tolerant and chivalrous dude at the same time. Weird, I know.

Right about now you're most likely thinking: God, this guy's a loser, and I wouldn't blame you. Then again, I don't give a fuck of what you think of me. Sorry, anger management issues. I need to work on that. Honestly though, stopped caring about others opinions of myself a long time ago. By now you're probably wondering if there's a point to all of this, if my lengthy rant about myself has any real purpose. Well, yes it does. If you truly want to know the story of how I wound up trolling a world of talking ponies, then you came to the right place, I guess.

Chapter1: A Nobody's Start

Beep . . . beep . . . beep. . .

Fuck off alarm clock.

...

...

...

...

BEEP. . . BEEP. . . BEEP!

DAMNIT, why cant you let me sleep you worthless hunk of trash?!

Groggily I pulled myself out from my covers and slammed the snooze button on my irritating alarm clock. Every time it was the same thing, wake up to the sounds of that stupid ass machine. Sometimes I wonder if the only reason I had it was because I needed it. As I rubbed the sleep from my eyes I slowly stretched my back until i felt that wonderful sensation you feel when you stretch in the morning. Checking the face of the alarm clock I noticed, rather unhappily, that it read 3:00 P.M. Jesus, it's late, I thought to myself. Might as well get some food, or something. I made my way towards the door in my room. But before I could make it to the quite there, I realized I forgot to get my glasses. Quickly, I snatched them off my nightstand and made my way downstairs. As I descended the flight of wooden steps that lead to the upstairs I slipped the glasses onto my face, their large square lenses giving me a geeky look. As I reached the last step I let out a sigh. Time to face the family, I thought to myself with a dreaded sense of apprehension. Dealing with my family members was never very pleasant, and usually didn't end well. For the most part my family left me alone, but when I tried to join them, they'd lash out with hatred.

"Well, look who decided to join us", my mother sneered at me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Fuck you" I said in my usual deadpan voice. Quickly I ducked and narrowly avoided a glass bottle flying towards my face.

"Damnit, missed" I heard my dad mutter from just out of view. Chances were that he was near the kitchen table.

"Your aim sucks dad" screeched Tanya, my little sister. She pouted for a second. “Why can’t you just nail him with a hammer?” How kind of you little sister.

"I'd like to see you do better" my father retorted. Rapidly I exited the kitchen and sought refuge in the living room.

Yeah, family that hates me for no reason, check.

As I sat on the couch, I heard a soft thud come from behind me. Ignoring it, I grabbed the remote, and started flipping through the channels. After about 500 hundred or so of said channels, I turned off the TV. Wow, so many fucking channels and nothing to watch, I thought to myself. That was a first. You'd think that with so many show there'd be at least one good show on. As the boredom of doing nothing started to sink in I yawned. Might as well take a nap. I love to sleep, oh God do I love it. Moments later I was out cold, and dreaming a rather strange dream.

WwWwWwWwWwW

Twilight stood in the lobby of her library. Looking around she stared at each of her friends. When they'd heard that she'd be bringing a new pony to ponyville they all came by to offer their support. Except for Pinkie, she came by to throw a party for the new pony. What was really surprising to Twilight was the fact that her teacher, and ruler of Equestria, had come by to spectate the spell and see if would be a success. In truth it didn't really matter WHY they showed up, all that was really important was the fact that they came at all. They'd all been busy the entire week, and still had more work to come, yet somehow they found the time to come by and help. Although; they really couldn't help all that much. They were mostly there for moral support. And to be the first to greet a pony from another world. Not a big deal, what-so-ever.

Twilight's horn began to glow as she started the spell. The air crackled with her building energy. the magic began to spark off her horn. Suddenly, the space in front of her clouded over and began to grow darker. Until, there stood a large ovular mass of darkness. It wasn't too large, but it wasn't small either. Twilight poured even more magic into the spell, the friends around her gasping at the spectacle. The portal began to shimmer and, slowly but surely a figure began to appear.

A/N- Hi. this is Traintrax here with a not so important message for you. I'd like to say that I'm sorry if my first chapter seems a bit short, I'm not gonna feed any of you the excuse that I had writers block, because I don't. I'm just a lazy author. And it's also partly because writing in the first person perspective is rather difficult. So, sorry. On an unrelated note I am as of right now accepting OC's. Leave your OC in the reviews, or PM(Private message) me and I might just make them into a main character. Just make sure to leave me a detailed description of their personality and all the other aspects about them. Other than that, yeah I got nothing for you. I will try to update this regularly, but if I'm delayed than forgive me. Or don't, I don't care. Note: All OC’s submitted will make their appearance after chapter 17. I already have the first 16 chapters of this typed up, so yeah. I won’t post them all at once, but I will try to post regularly.

That is all. PEACE!