• Published 27th Nov 2021
  • 1,229 Views, 18 Comments

Growing Confidence - BottleH2O



A timid Thorax is in dire need of a way to boost his confidence as the new King of Changelings, so Luna decided to lend a helping hoof by making him feel like he's on top of the world. Literally.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,229

Chapter 1- A Growing Concern

King Thorax of the reformed changelings sat on his throne with a happy, content smile on his face. Before, his Carapace used to be completely black, with holes dotting up and down his legs and blank, blue, expressionless eyes. Just like his hundreds of brothers and sisters previously. Now, however, after going through a series of challenges and trials, he now sits as the new king of all Changelings. All of his buggy brethren had undergone a similar metamorphosis as he had. After it was discovered that their old way of living, in which all they did was take love from others to survive, was doing more harm than good, a good friend of his named Starlight had figured out that Changelings would feel fuller and more fulfilled if they shared love instead of taking it. Thorax was the first to try this, and it resulted in his transformation, and thus, toppling the dark kingdom ran by his evil mother Chrysalis. Thorax’s new form was lime green with a few hints of orange sprinkled in. Bright orange antlers protruded from his head, his horn was no longer jagged, his legs no longer were filled with holes, and even his elytra were a soft shade of purple.

Ever since the change, he had noticed that everyling had become, happier. Calmer even, after they shared love. They didn’t seem to hold that same aggressiveness as they then when they were constantly starving all the time. There was a hangry joke to be made there, but as his brother Pharynx said, it would be a bit below the belt.

But even with the change, it was still going to take the equine society and the rest of the world a while to get used to their new neighbors in the badlands. After all, it wasn’t that long ago that they had led an all-out assault on the capitol of Equestra; Canterlot. Led by, at the time, Queen Chrysalis, she had convinced all of the hive that the best course of action was to attack the pony capital so they can take the rulers captive, seize control of the city, then the country, and feast off of them to their heart’s content.

Thankfully the invasion had gone wrong, one thing lead to another, and now Thorax found himself as the brand now king of the reformed Changeling hive. He was trying his best to implement change in the Changeling system, to steer it away from what the dark structure his mother had set, but this proved to be much of a challenge, for many of his brethren were having…difficulty completely uprooting their previous way of life in favor of a more peaceful one. In fact, though many had opted to undergo a metamorphosis to become bright, colorful, happy, and fulfilled, many had refused to do that. Their reasoning varying greatly; some thought it was some weird form of brainwashing, some had thought their new look was dumb, and other were not too pleased they were going to give up their warrior ways. But the biggest problem was getting love. Sure, now they could share love amongst themselves so they wouldn’t starve, but the issue laid with the fact that all the other races across the world still saw the Changelings as the fearsome brutes that recklessly attacked Canterlot at the time of Shining and Cadance’s wedding, and thus, many still feared them and refused to share their love with them, especially now that they had made a treaty making it even harder to hide in plain sight like they used to. The hive was in a tizzy on how to bring a new influx of love into the hive now that they couldn’t steal it anymore, they still had plenty of mouths to feed, especially to those who had not undergone the metamorphosis. And Thorax didn’t want to force them to do that, who was he, Chrysalis?

At the moment, Thorax didn’t have an answer to their questions, in fact he was constantly trying to dodge the question whenever it was brought up, causing him to studder and shake violently in fear at his doubt and inability to come up with a suitable solution, but that didn’t seem to deter Changelings that wanted a straight answer and they kept pestering him about it. But just as suddenly, while Thorax was going over the week’s events in his mind, a group of unreformed changelings suddenly stormed into the throne room. And judging from their annoyed expressions, Thorax could hazard a guess what they were there to talk about.

“King Thorax!” One of them pipped up in the front “We are here to discuss with you the ever-present problem that has been afflicting the hive ever since you became king! We are running short on our supply of love!”

“Yeah!” agreed several more drones as they hopped up and down in their supposed protest.

“We want to know what you are going to do about this!” demanded the lead drone, pointing an accusatory holed hoof at Thorax “We can’t all just starve to death here ya know!”

“W-w-w-well I-I-I-I-I’m working o-on t-t-that,” Thorax stuttered out as the weight of this seemingly impossible task began to bear down on him once again.

“Oh really?” all the drones spoke in unison as they smugly looked at him “And how are you doing that, so called king of ours? Gonna fill our heads with more false promises perhaps? Face it, you stupid grub, you have no idea how to fix this!”

“T-t-t-that’s not true!” Thorax said weakly as he got off his throne and shakily walked up to them. The room seemed to be spinning as he made his way over to the group. But as he walked, the way there just seemed to be getting longer and longer. Absolutely no progress was being made

“Just like our love problem you’re NOT helping us with!” The drones snarled together.

H-how is this possible? Changelings can’t hear each other’s thoughts!” an increasingly panicked Thorax thought as he futilely tried to run forward now, still gaining no ground

More and more drones seemed to pop up around him as Thorax tried galloping forward now, His brother Pharynx appeared in the crowd, along with Spike, Shining Armor and Cadance, Twilight and Starlight, and the rest of the mane 6. The all had blank, thousand-mile stares as they slowly moved forward. “You can’t do anything right King Thorax! We were better off with Queen Chrysalis. At least she actually had the Carapace to actually get stuff done! And look at you, hiding in this room while trying to avoid your problems. Talk about pathetic!”

“Failure, Failure, Failure,” chanted everycreature present as the bared down on him

“N-no, that’s not true! I’m trying! I really am!” Thorax said desperately as they all drew closer. Getting no response, Thorax put his hooves over his head and buried his muzzle into the ground, trying desperately to ignore the chants. But it was no use.

That is until the timely arrival of a certain moon princess.

“ENOUGH! BEGONE FOUL CREATURES!!”

There was a loud whooshing noise circulating Thorax as he still had his head buried between his legs, several screeches echoed around him before dissipating into the wind. Thorax whimpered, still scared to even look up, before a comforting hoof landed on his shoulder.

“Rise our young friend, thy foul demons will trouble you no more,” said a gentle and kind voice.

Shaking, Thorax slowly lifted his head to reveal the shining form of Princess Luna of Equestria, mistress of the moon and keeper of dreams.

“Princess…?” Thorax asked weakly

“Hush now young friend, you were merely having a nightmare,” Luna said as she lightly brought him close and wrapped her wings around his shaking form in a hug.

“R-r-really? None of that was real?” Thorax asked hopefully

“Indeed, it seems that this particular nightmare stemmed from a particular fear you’ve been grabbling for the past few weeks dear,” the moon princess said softly as she continued to wrap her wings around him.

Thorax said nothing as he melted into the embrace, only to shake his head weakly at the statement. Gently, Luna released him and sat back on her hunches, looking at him with a sad expression “Thorax, I will always be eternally grateful for what you have done for both me and my sister as well as the Kingdom, so please, allow me to aid you with this. Why do you think you have been getting these particular nightmares so often?”

Thorax’s ears flattened against his head as he looked down in shame “I’d…rather not say your majesty,” he said quietly “It’s silly,”

Thorax flinched slightly as he felt a comforting hoof on his shoulder, looking up he could see Luna looking deeply into his eyes “Thorax, rarely anything would be considered silly in situations like this. I certainly would never think less of you, if you were to trust me with your feelings on the matter. So, I implore of you, will you let me help?” Luna asked.

Thorax continued to stare into her eyes for about a second longer before his resolve broke and he stared dejectedly at the ground “All right princess,” he said “I’ve been having a little trouble with the hive for the past few weeks. Ever since I became the new king, I’ve had to put in some new changes into the system so we can improve and grow as a new changeling society. But the thing is, some of the others don’t want to give up the old ways. One of the primary problems that I’ve been facing is that most of the other races, ponies included are extremely unwilling to share love with us. Even if we ask nicely, and the reason why is because thanks to my mother and her rash decision to invade Canterlot, mostly all of the species of the world sees us as nothing more than mindless creatures trying to drain them dry of their emotions. And because of this the hive’s supply of love has started to greatly dwindle,”

Thorax paused to take a breath; his ears folded back against his head as he continued “The hive has gotten really panicky and antsy lately, and for good reason. Everyling is looking to me to find some way to fix this mess because I was the one who wanted to switch lifestyles after learning to share love, but every time I try to solve the problem by meeting up with delegates from other nations or meeting with my fellow changelings I just keep freezing up and panicking and I completely make a fool out of myself!”

Thorax finished his mini rant, panting slightly out of exhaustion. Luna simply smiled slightly as she fixed him with another look “you’ve been wanting to get that off your chest for a while now, haven’t you?” she said, as Thorax nodded.

Luna looked thoughtful as she put a hoof to her chin “Well, you do have the right idea by wanting to meet with other nations so you can show that you’ve changed, but the problem is that you lack confidence, and it causes you to freeze up. Hmmmm….” Luna trailed off as she was left to her thoughts while Thorax, now sitting down as well, simply looked on in confusion. But a few seconds later, Luna’s face brightened up as she clapped her hooves together happily

“The wait is over our young friend; I have an idea on how to build up your confidence!” Luna exclaimed “The solution was so simple I can’t believe I nearly forgot! This is just like with Tia!”

“Um, I won’t have to go to any classes or anything right? Because if I’m being honest your highness, I don’t think I’d have time to do that anymore,” Thorax said bashfully

Luna simply grinned “Of course not silly, you’re going to build up your confidence right here in your dream!”

“How will I even do that? This is a dream, not real life,”

“True, but unlike real life, I can make certain things happen here in the dreamscape that normally wouldn’t happen in the waking world, such as right now!” Luna giggled as she lit her horn. It’s blue magic swirling around the spiral as she aimed it at Thorax, who back up a bit

“Uh Princess, what are you doing?!” Thorax asked in alarm

“I’m going to help you build up your confidence Thorax dear,” Luna said happily “And to do so I’m going to make you a giant,”

“WHAT?! How will becoming a giant even help me?”

“It’s simple, when you feel confidant, most of the time you feel like you’re on top of the world, like you can reach for the sky and do anything you want because you have the power to do so. So I’m going to let you experience this exact feeling in a more literal sense. Enjoy yourself as you tower over the land! Maybe tease your subjects a bit as you examine just how little they’ll become, go for a nice long stroll across the country as you cover miles with just a single step, or even throw your weight around a little. Remind all the little ones who’s large and in charge! And remember Thorax, this is all for your benefit, so when you become the largest being in the world, remember that there is nothing that you can’t do. Don’t be afraid because there will be no place to hide. Own the feeling and show the world who’s boss! Luna said, as her spell reached its end, the magic fully built up in her horn now “Well, have fun dear!”

“Wait Luna! I don’t think this is a good-” Thorax never got a chance to finish because at that moment the spell released, shooting straight for him before striking him in the chest, unleashing a huge blast of light.


Thorax tried blinking a few times, still trying to clear the white spots from his eyes “Was that really necessary?” He grumbled to himself as he raised a hoof to his eyes and rubbed it. But as he set his hoof down again, Thorax froze as he heard a soft BOOM!

His eyes shot open as he quickly examined his surroundings

And felt like a lump of ice had formed in his stomach

There, standing at leg height, was the Changeling hive, in all of its miniature glory. And right next to it was his green hoof, easily breaking into the ground like it was snow, forming a large, crater-like hoofprint next to it. If Thorax hadn’t known that Luna was going to make him enormous, he would have easily mistaken the hive for a little model. All around him he could see the familiar landscape, but greatly reduced in its stature. Trees were the size of grass; boulders were smaller than pebbles, and the once mighty mountains in the distance didn’t seem so mighty, in fact, to Thorax, they seemed comparable to large hills.

“Luna? Luna?! Where are you?!” Thorax frantically asked as he anxiously looked around him, the land trembling as the giant king turned around in circles, trying desperately to find the Moon Princess.

But Luna was nowhere to be found.

Oh great, oh geez, oh my goodness, what do I do? I can't stay this big forever!” Thorax thought hysterically after he finished prancing around from his search “What if everycreature thinks I’m some kind of monster? They already don’t trust Changelings as is, what will they do if they see one that’s bigger than a castle? Will they deem me and my hive a threat and try to attack us? Oh my god I gotta get help fast! But where should I go?”

Thorax thought about it for a little while, birds flying past his legs while he did so, when suddenly a smile split his face “That’s it! I can go ask Shining and Cadance for help! They were so kind to me when they let me stay with them in the castle when I was stranded in the Crystal Empire, I’m sure they and Starburst can find a remedy for this in no time! Then surely I’ll be able to wake up from this nightmare!”

With his goal set, Thorax began to walk forward excitedly, only to stop in place after a few earth trembling steps “Wait a minute, how am I even supposed to get there? I’m several thousands of feet tall now. What if I hurt somepony on my way there by accident? Or worse?”

Thorax closed his eyes with a grimace, his ears drooping back against his head, before letting out a sigh. The powerful gale of wind expelling from his mouth, buffering the miniature trees below him as he made up his mind “Well, it’s not like they’re going to magically spawn here and help me. I just have to be super, super, EXTRA carful on my way there,”

His resolve set, Thorax once again began to set off across the little landscape, sending more thundering THOOMS across the land as the gigantic changeling king walked.


In a small village that was somewhat close to the Crystal Mountains, a group of ponies were outside doing repairs to their homes. The reason being that a little while ago, there had been an unexpected avalanche from the mountain and the resulting snow had caused some damage to the residences there.

And being that the village was so close to the Crystal Empire, this proved to be a bit of a problem because of the cold weather. Nevertheless, ponies in the community took on the challenge enthusiastically as they all went about with the repairs. Those who had no damages done to their homes were eagerly going about provided warm cups of hot chocolate to the workers or even getting their hooves dirty by pitching in to help themselves.

There! Almost done!” One stallion thought happily as he and his comrades finished the repairs to the walls of his house. The workers there cheered and congratulated each other as they finished patching up the wall, completely sealing up the cracks.

Flushed with their success, the workers decided to take a quick break and drink another cup of warm coco that the kind mare from the general store was nice enough to set up for everypony present.

This is going great. Another few hours and the town will be as right as rain,” the construction stallion thought as he took another sip from his paper cup “I’m happy that we were all able to chip in as a community and lend a helping hoof for each other,”

The stallion settled back against the log he was sitting on, enjoying the warm drink as he simply took a break, happy that the work will soon come to an end

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The stallion’s eyes shot open as the ground began to violently shake, his hot drink spilling all over him as he tumbled to the ground in a heap. All around him there were screams as ponies ran around in a panic from the vibrations. Barrels were bouncing about in the air, stands got knocked over, and the newly repaired housed began to crack again.

What is this? Another avalanche?” The stallion wondered from his position on the ground. But that couldn’t be it because as he glanced up at the mountains, he could see that they were completely clear, not a single falling bit of snow in sight “If it’s not the mountain that what could it be?”

His question was soon answered as a shadow appeared and covered the entire town, the originator of said shadow looming high above them all. Then, before anypony could react, there was a resounding CRUNCH.

The ponies in the area winced at the unpleasant sound before slowly turning at the point of origin. There, where one of the newly finished vacant houses were, was a gigantic, bright green, chitin hoof.

Slowly training their eyes up, everypony present gawked at the humongous, green, buggy, newcomer.

“Oh, my goodness I’m so sorry!” The enormous changeling exclaimed in shock as he slowly removed his giant hoof from the splintered remains of the house “I didn’t even realize there was a town here, everything looks so small and different now!”

“You-you-you just completely destroyed that house!” cried out one of the citizens

The giant’s ears flattened as he slowly backed up, only to freeze as there was another CRUNCH. Unknowingly to him, he had accidently squashed another house under hoof.

“I-I’m really sorry about that everypony, I promise that once I get back from the Crystal Empire, I’ll fix all this. But I’m really in a hurry!” and just as quickly, the giant king spread his elytra wings and tried to fly out of the area to prevent anymore damages. But as he lifted off the ground and began to fly towards the mountains, Thorax completely forgot that due to his newfound size, even the most mundane thing he did could have staggering consequences to the environment around him.

The powerful gusts of wind from his wings sent several ponies and debris flying everywhere, tools, wooden planks, and more swirling around. By the time the dust cleared, the ponies were able to see that the town had been completely ruined. All of their hard work had been completely undone.

The ponies just stood in shock, gawking uncomprehendingly at the scene. It had all happened so fast. One minute they had almost finished repairing the town, and the next, that walking catastrophe lumbered through and completely ruined everyponies hard work!

And all the ponies were mad

“That big oaf! Look what he did!” One mare screeched, gesturing to the remains of her flattened house

“Yeah! That monster completely tore up the entire town!” Another agreed

“What should we do? Everything’s been completely destroyed,” someone else pipped up

“I know, we should go after that monster! He said he’s going to the Crystal Empire right? All we have to do is get there too and then we can ask for Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor to have him arrested!”

There was a chorus of cheers all over the town as the ponies began to hand out pitchforks and torches, and all other necessary mob material, and together, they all set off towards the same direction as the colossal changeling, and towards the Crystal Empire.


Thorax meanwhile landed at the edge of the empire with a resounding THOOM! His knees buckled briefly from the impact. Grunting slightly, he took a second to study himself before beginning to slowly walk forward, and into the empire itself.

The city trembled and shook with each step, all of the tiny ponies scattered about on the ground bounced in the air from each one of his mighty steps. Thorax carefully stepped over a cluster of houses and shops before he finally made his way to the center of the empire. And where the Castle was.

Now standing as tall as the Crystal Castle itself, it wasn’t like Thorax could just knock on the door and ask for help, so he did the next best thing. Thorax raised his gargantuan green hoof and very delicately tapped the fun sized castle with the underside of his hoof, completely unaware on the mite sized guards standing at the little entrance by his gigantic hooves.

The castle shook from the taps, dull thuds rang forth from each strike, all while Thorax called out “Cadance! Shining! Starburst! Anypony home?”

For a few minutes there was nothing, then suddenly, the doors to the balcony opened, just at eye level with Thorax, and his previous hosts/guardians stepped out.

“Thorax we hear you, no need to shout,” Cadance said as she and Shining Armor emerged from the royal suite “Now what’s going….going….wuargh?” Cadance and Shining stopped in their tracks, openly gawking at the, now, skyscraper sized changeling king.

“Wha-what happened to you?!” Shining Armor asked in shock as he fully took in Thorax’s enlarged form, not even able to see Thorax’s huge face fully as the giant looked down at the couple pleadingly.

“It’s a long story, but basically what happened was I met Luna a little while ago and she kept going on and on about how I need to work on my confidence so she randomly made me huge and so I panicked and came over here to you guys because maybe you can help me reverse this and set things right!” Thorax finished, panting a little from how fast he just laid all that out.

Shining and Cadance blinked, trying to process the exposition dump Thorax had just laid out in front of them.

“So, wait, you said Luna did this to you?” Cadance asked

“Yes,”

“And she wanted you to build confidence?” Shining asked

“Yup,”

“But you panicked and came here?”

Yes I did! So can you help? Please? It’s really scary and nerve-wracking all the way up here. I’m scared that at any moment I’d do something bad or something will go wrong or something else that’s bad could happen,” Thorax bumbled out the mess of words as he gave the two another pleading look

Cadance and Shining glanced at each other, confirming with a quick nod they were about to answer, but before a word could be said, everypony suddenly heard a commotion behind them.

Thorax turned around and saw that there was an apparent mob of ponies heading towards the castle, all of which were carrying torches and pitchforks. The lead ponies in the front caught sight of Thorax and pointed accusingly at him “There he is, there’s the monster that ravaged our village!”

Thorax let out an “Eeep!” of fear and immediately ducked behind the little castle, trying in vain to hide his enormous, bright green form.

In a short amount of time, the crowd of ponies made it to the castle entrance, where the royal couple had already made it down to intercept them, along with a platoon of guards. “Your royal highnesses,” one of the lead ponies in the mob called out “We beseech you, arrest that monster behind you immediately! That thing has completely destroyed our homes and town, you have to arrest it right now so it doesn’t do the same to the empire!” there were cheers from the mob as they all made to surge forward, trying to get past the guards and confront Thorax themselves. The guards were trying their best to hold back the mob while Cadance and Shining were trying to restore order.

All while Thorax laid shaking behind the castle, terrified.

What’s going to happen to me if they do get their hooves on me?” he wondered in fear “There’s so many of them! And they’re all so angry! Oh, what to do?”

Thorax was just contemplating weather or not he should run when suddenly everything went silent. Raising his head slightly, Thorax carefully poked his head and snout around the side of the castle and was able to make out the mob and guards still interlocked in their conflict.

A conflict that had seemingly completely frozen in time.

What’s going on? Why is everything frozen?” Thorax wondered, when suddenly:

“My, This is certainly a strange place to find the gigantic and mighty king of the changelings!” said a familiar voice.

Thorax blinked, and out of nowhere, a mini Princess Luna popped into existence and landed on his humongous snout.

“Princess! Thank goodness you’re here! I didn’t know what to do!” Thorax said with relief as he went slightly bug eyed to stare down at the little princess.

Luna simply giggled into her hoof “Do what my dear friend?” she asked innocently.

“The mob ponies! I don’t know what to do about them; should I run? Apologies to them again? Leave it to Cadance and Shining? I don’t know! This is all so scary!” Thorax said quickly, a fearful edge in his voice.

But to his dismay, instead of banishing the supposed nightmare with her dream magic, Luna simply grinned and said “I believe you already know what to do my young friend,”

Thorax looked at her, confusion and fear written all over his face “what do you mean?” he asked

“Really now, are you really going to let a bunch of ponies who are smaller than insects to you rile you up? Come now Thorax, assert yourself! Show them who’s in charge here! Not some mites who showed up with some toothpicks and matches, but the gigantic and powerful King you are! You know you’re sorry for damaging their village so make sure that they get that message and send them packing!”

“But, but what if I can’t? What if they just start attacking me again?” Thorax asked

Luna fixed him with a stern, yet gentle glare at him “Thorax, you’ll never know unless you try. Shying away from the problem won’t solve anything. The problem won’t fix itself; it’ll only gather and swell up until it become even more of a problem. That is why it’s important to face these fears head on before it can get the better of you!” Luna said as she began to glow and rise up towards the sky, about the exit the dream “Control your fears! Don’t let your fears control you!”

And with a flash, Luna was gone

Thorax blinked as time resumed at it’s normal pace, the squeaks of the struggle going on below him reaching his ears again. But Luna’s final words echoed through his mind again “Control your fears! Don’t let your fears control you!” His resolve building, Thorax slowly rose to his feet and made up his mind. He knew what he had to do.

Stepping around the castle, the Crystal Empire was able to behold the gigantic King in all his glory, Thorax emerged from the side of the castle and stomped his hoof down onto the ground, sending a huge tremor across the land THOOOM!

The shouting quickly ceased as both parties looked up at the giant, who in turn, was staring down at the bug sized ponies with a stern expression plastered all over his face

“That’s enough,” Thorax rumbled “I already apologized from ruining your village, there’s no need for this violence,”

“You didn’t ruin it! You completely destroyed all our hard work!” a few yelled up

Thorax nodded solemnly “And for that I’m truly sorry little ones. As king of the changeling hive, please allow me to reimburse you for any damage done to your village. And on top of that, I will send many squads of my best worker changelings to assist you with any more repairs that may need to be done to your homes,”

The mob ponies glanced at each other, clearly not expecting a proposal like this. They began to mutter amongst themselves, thinking over the proposal, until finally, one of the lead ponies once again spoke up “We accept your proposal! Thank you so much your majesty!”

Thorax simply let out a kind smile and gave a little bow “Of course little one,”

With no more need for conflict, the mob ponies began to pack up their things and begin their track back to their village. Some opting to toss aside their torches while others simply put theirs out in the snow. All while Thorax towered above them with a happy grin on his face.

After they left, Thorax began to prance in place happily, shaking the world with each impact “Yay! I did it! I actually did it!” He exclaimed happily, the tiny ponies on the ground running for cover, away from the gargantuan hooves as they danced about joyfully.

Flushed with his success, Thorax turned to thank Shining and Cadance, only to realize that the crystal castle looked a lot smaller than it did before. With a jolt of realization, Thorax realized that he was beginning to grow even bigger than he was before, unknowingly fuled by the newfound confidence surging within him. All around Thorax, his surroundings dwindled in size as he continued to rise above it, the empire soon being reduced to a small dot by his city sized hooves.

Thorax tapped his hoof against the ground, watching with mild amusement as the surroundings shook and trembled from the simple act.

This is incredible! Just like what Luna said. But now that I’m this large, what should I do now?” Thorax wondered, that is until he thought back to what Luna had said earlier “Enjoy yourself as you tower over the land! Maybe tease your subjects a bit as you examine just how little they’ll become, go for a nice long stroll across the country as you cover miles with just a single step, or even throw your weight around a little. Remind all the little ones who’s large and in charge!”

Thorax looked out across the horizon with a confident smirk on his face “Well, no time like the present,” he said as he began to walk across the continent, jostling the earth as he walked.

Author's Note:

And here we are folks! The first chapter of the long awaited Growing Concerns! Now that Thorax is finally feeling confident in himself, how will that effect the rest of Equestra as he storms across the country next chapter?

Will Thorax maintain his kind nature, or will he succumb to the power like Celestia briefly did? And why is Evil Bugmom tagged? All questions will be answered next chapter!


Special thanks to Nodqfan for the story idea/request. I'm happy I finally got a chance to write this!

I hope everyone enjoys this latest story, and more to come soon!