• Published 18th Nov 2021
  • 693 Views, 43 Comments

Cracks to Gravity Falls - Gfmlp

  • ...
 43
 693

10) Communication

In the forest of Gravity Falls, there were Dipper, Twilight and Soos while they were making a recording to a Mailbox that was in the middle of the forest.

“I hope this recording ends better than Left Man's investigation”, whispers Twilight to herself, because she still felt very guilty about what happened.

In Equestria they managed to hear what Twilight whispered, that's why they remembered what they saw a few days ago, it was that Dipper, Mabel and Twilight began to investigate a man, only his left side could be seen, they discovered that he was a robot managed by small green creatures. When the green creatures realized that they had been discovered, they committed suicide. Everything happened so quickly that no one could do anything until it was too late. Dipper, Mabel and Twilight agreed to never talk about it again.

Dipper starts recording, to document the mystery he wanted to investigate.

“Welcome back to Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained, Anomaly #54: The Mailbox”, says Dipper as he points the camera at the mailbox and then says. “There it is, in the middle of the forest. Not house. No address. Today, me and my team of experts…”

He pointed the camera at Twilight and Soos.

“'Sup?” Says Soos, looking at the camera.

“…are gonna put a letter in and see who picks it up”, says Dipper.

“My letter posits a salient question: ‘Sup Dawg?’” Says Soos and then places the letter inside the mailbox.

“Now we're gonna hide behind a bush, and wait for someone to come by”, says Dipper to the camera.

Suddenly the mailbox starts to shake.

“Whoa, dude!” Says Soos as he walks away from the mailbox.

“What the…?!” says Dipper.

Twilight immediately uses the force field to protect Dipper and Soos, the three of them see the flag of the mailbox rise.

“You two saw that”, Says Soos to Dipper and Twilight.

“Yes”, Answers Twilight.

Dipper and Twilight run near the mailbox.

“Open it!” Says Dipper to Soos.

“No, you open it, dude! I'm not touching a ghost mailbox!” Responds Soos.

“Okay, okay. Here goes”, says Dipper as he opens the mailbox and pulls out a letter and says. "What?!"

Dipper, Twilight, Soos and those watching from Equestria were surprised to see that it was not the same letter they had left in the mailbox.

“That's not our letter, dude!” says Soos.

Dipper opens the letter to see what was written.

“It says…” Says Dipper, but stops talking when he realizes the content of the letter.

Dipper shows the contents of the letter that said 'Hello Dipper, Twilight and Soos'.

“It knows our names!” says Dipper surprised.

“How is this possible”, says Twilight, also surprised.

“What if this thing's all-knowing?” Asks Soos.

“There's no way that's possible”, says Twilight.

“We gotta test it”, says Dipper.

Although Twilight didn't believe that mailbox knew everything, she decided to help with the tests. Then Soos makes a letter with a question and puts it in the mailbox.

“What did I shave into my head this morning?”, saying Soos what he had written in the letter.

The flag of the mailbox reises.

‘A baby duck holding a paddleball'”, says Soos and then says. "Hesitate! It knew!”

Afterwards Soos takes off her hat to reveal the duck shaved into her hair.

“What?!” says Dipper surprised.

“How could you have done that to the back of your head Soos?” Asks Twilight.

“Ask it more questions!” Says Soos, not paying attention to what Twilight said because he was excited about the mailbox.

Twilight calmed down a little and decided to continue focusing her attention on the mailbox, although she still doubted that the mailbox knew everything, she admitted that the mailbox could answer some questions they had.

"‘When is the end of the world?’" Dipper writes to the mailbox.

'3012'”, reads Dipper and then says. “Huh. We got a while”

"'Who's my dream woman?'", writes Soos to the mailbox.

“Whoa! Hot tamales!” Soos says, showing the image that the mailbox sent of a muscular woman, then she puts it in her pocket and says. “Save that one for the archives!”

Dipper and Soos start suggesting questions to give to mailbox.

“Uh… What is the exact time and date of my death?” says Dipper.

“You shouldn't ask that”, says Twilight.

“Did aliens build the pyramids?!” says Soos.

“Or… what is the meaning of life?” says Dipper.

“What are marshmallows made of?!” says Soos.

“Or…Who wrote Journal #3?!” says Dipper.

“That's a good question”, says Twilight.

“Who wrote the journal! Who wrote the journal!" Says Soos agreeing with Dipper's question.

“We're finally going to get the answer to the greatest mystery in Gravity Falls!” says Dipper very happily.

Suddenly Mabel appeared where Dipper, Twilight and Soos were investigating the mailbox carrying a package.

“To mailbox! I've been wanting to mail Mom this video of me sticking 100 gummy worms up my nose!" says Mabel.

“No, wait!” says Dipper.

“Wait dude!” says Soos.

Twilight managed to stop Mabel before she put the package in the mailbox with her magic. Twilight managed to stop her in time because she was more attentive in case something went wrong since the left man incident.

Twilight began to explain to Mabel that the mailbox is a supernatural object that she seemed to know almost everything about and she wouldn't like to see that video. Twilight didn't stop explaining to Mabel until she understood that she shouldn't put that kind of thing in the mailbox.

“No one would want to see that video”, comments Dipper.

Twilight and Soos nod at Dipper's statement.

Mabel didn't hear that, because she was thinking what question she could ask him and she thought of a good question to ask the mailbox. Before anyone could react, Mabel, she put the question she had into the mailbox.

“What was your question?” Asked Dipper worriedly.

Mabel noticed that not only Dipper was worried about the question she had just asked, she could also notice that Twilight had the same worried face.

“Don't worry, my question was 'What are Twilight's friends from Equestria doing right now?'” Said Mabel.

Those watching from Equestria were surprised by that question. Everyone sees that the flag of the mailbox rises. Dipper, with some doubts, opens the mailbox and takes out the letter to see what the answer to Mabel's question is.

“'They're watching what Twilight is doing from Ponyville'”, reads Dipper.

Dipper, Mabel, Twilight and Soos were very doubtful of the answer that the mailbox had just given, but those who were watching from Equestria were surprised by the answer that the mailbox gave. Dipper placed another letter with a question to resolve the doubts he left with the last response from the mailbox.

“What did you ask Dipper?” Asks Twilight.

“I told the mailbox to further explain the answer to the question they had just asked”, says Dipper.

After about what Dipper says what he wroote the flag of the mailbox rises. Dipper immediately takes the answer and begins to read it out loud.

"It says 'The same energy that created the portal that took Twilight to Gravity Falls spread randomly in and around Canterlot, some of that energy fell into mirrors that made a window for them to observe you'", read Dipper.

Everyone was surprised by the response that Twilight's friends were watching from Equestria. Dipper and Twilight began to think about what to ask the mailbox next. Dipper and Twilight decided to ask if there was a way for Twilight to communicate with her friends in Equestria, they put that question in the mailbox and when they saw the answer arrived, Dipper decided.

In Equestria, Twilight's friends were also attentive to the responses from the mailbox, they decided to call Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor and tell them about the mailbox.

'There is no way they can communicate with those in Ponyville, because Spike is not there yet…”, reads Dipper.

Twilight and those in Equestria felt depressed upon hearing that. Dipper stopped reading it for a moment when he saw Twilight sad about something he had said and decided to continue reading aloud.

… but Princess Luna who is hearing everything you are reading can do it'”, reads Dipper.

Twilight and those watching from Equestria were surprised by that response, finally Rainbow Dash breaks the silence.

“Luna, can you do what told the mailbox,” Rainbow Dash asks.

“I have never tried to enter the dreams of someone from another world, but I should be able to do it since with the mirror there is a small connection with this world, and it would never have occurred to me to do that”, said Princess Luna, a little disappointed of herself for not have that occurred to you before.

Meanwhile in Gravity Falls, Twilight explained to Dipper, Mabel and Soos about Princess Luna's powers and they all decided to find more paper to ask more questions to the mailbox.

In Equestria they saw that they left to get more paper and everyone was surprised to see that the mailbox started to disappear after no one was near the mailbox.

When Dipper, Mabel, Twilight and Soos returned to the place and saw that the mailbox was missing, they started looking everywhere for it and finally decided to ask Multi-Bear if he knew who took the mailbox. Multi-Bear explained to everyone that the mailbox whenever there is no one around disappears and appears in another random place in the forest that was very difficult to find, they confirmed when Dipper and Twilighthey remembered that they turned on the camera and after they saw in the recording that Multi-Bear was right that only the mailbox had disappeared.

...

Later at the Mystery Shack, Twilight shortly before going to sleep, was thinking about what had happened today. Thanks to the mailbox she found out that her friends were watching her from Equestria, although she regretted that the mailbox had disappeared, she was happy to know that by sleeping tonight she would be able to see her friends and then she went to sleep.

Twilight, thanks to Princess Luna's dream powers, managed to get together with her and friends, Spike, there was also Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance and her family. They immediately apologized to Twilight and then told her everything that happened that day, they told her that someone called Queen Chrysalis who belongs to the race of Chagelings, shape-shifting beings, impersonated Princess Cadance planning to invade Canterlot, but their whole plan ended badly, because of the same anomaly that brought you to Gravity Falls, she was finally told about how some of that energy fell on a mirror that showed her in another world and she simply had to touch it to show another random place in Gravity Falls. Twilight, after hearing that story, understood why the Princess Cadance she knew acted so differently from the one she saw. She immediately approached Princess Cadance and they greeted each other with their secret greeting, this confirmed that it was the Princess Cadance she knew. Twilight later spent time with her friends, because she missed them a lot. Twilight felt that meeting her friends in her dreams was one of the best dreams she has ever had.

...

Elsewhere someone saw everything that happened in dream of Twilight.

“First of all it is interesting that the mirror can display dream and it seems that all of that purple pony's friends entered the dream, so I doubt that they realized that the mirror can do that and secondly that purple pony forgives very easily to others, proving that ponies are more naive than I thought”, she commented to herself.

She looks again at what she showed in the mirror and decided to continue talking to herself to kill time.

“And lastly, when that mailbox spoke about the mirror that showed that pony, no one noticed that the mailbox spoke in plural regarding the mirrors,” she says in a mocking tone towards the ponies and suddenly she realizes something. “A moment when the mailbox spoke in plural of the mirror, it never meant that there were only two mirrors”

She began to remember everything they talked about about the mirror and the mailbox, to see if she had omitted something important and she realized thanks to what Twilight's friends said that the mirror they had controlled what the mirror she owned showed..

“If that's the case with mirrors it would be better to steal the mirror that the ponies have”, said she to herself and quickly dispelled that idea. “If I did that, Celestia would start to get suspicious, it would be better if she kept watching to see if more important information comes to light.”

She remembered the day when those energies fell in the form of a comet and she saw the mirror that Twilight showed, although she did not think it was important, she had the feeling that it could be useful one day, so she took it and ordered some soldiers to keep a certain surveillance in the mirror. Although she was also surprised about the mailbox and that the ponies also had their own mirror.

“You two continue to monitor that mirror and let me know if information comes up that is useful to me”, says she with an authoritative tone to some soldiers.

Those soldiers, upon hearing that order, simply nod. Seeing that, she decides to leave the place.