• Published 9th Nov 2021
  • 1,069 Views, 55 Comments

The "Season 11" Project! -- Camp Harmony! (And What Is Patriotism?) - starponys87



The Knights of Order are ousted by their own people--but a new dictator's taken over. The School of Friendship's now training all students to wield the Elements of Harmony--and has new foreign visitors! Shining Armor seeks the magic of friendship.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,069

#2 - The New Students

Author's Note:

As always, I am happy to receive input from collaborators. I don't want this to be just my project. I want it to be yours, too!

Section #1:

Shining Armor floated off with the defeated and battered Knights, using his horn to carry them along. Cadance and Flurry Heart flew along. His Royal Guard followed alongside him.

Back on the Canterlot grounds, the Elements from the other four countries (the Abyssinian 6, Farasian 6, Caninian 6, and Ornithian 6) landed on the ground.

"Greetings, our new friends!" said Twilight. "Didn't think we would meet again so soon!"

"We were just dying to meet you again, anyway!" said Queen Fiona Floppyears.

She grabbed Twilight off the ground and gave her a big hug! It knocked the wind out of Twilight.

"What are your girlfriends' names again?" asked Fiona.

"The Mane 6? First, there's Pinkie Pie!" Twilight pointed to her pink friend.

"... Then there's Rarity!" She pointed to the white unicorn.

"... Rainbow Dash!" She pointed to the blue pegasus, still napping on Captain Celaeno's back. In fact, Dash seemed fast asleep now!

"... Applejack!" Twilight pointed to the orange pony.

"... And ...?"

Twilight grew pale.

"Fluttershy!" she cried, tears starting to fall. "We forgot about her!"

"Well, I didn't!" said a familiar voice. He did not sound happy.

Discord was carrying Fluttershy on his back. She was giving him a big hug!

"Discord!" cried Pinkie Pie. "Thank Twilight she's alright!"

"No," said Discord. "Thank me!" With his thumb, he pointed to himself.

Pinkie laughed nervously. "Just a figure of speech ... using my Princess's name as an interjection ..."

"Uhh ...," said Twilight. "I don't think that's a good use of my name."

"Discord," cried Rarity, "Canterlot is closing down!"

On her knees, Rarity seemed to be begging and pleading.

"Let me guess ...," replied Discord. "Canterlot has taken one earthquake too many."

"Is there not something you could do?" cried Rarity, her eyes watering up again.

"Please, Discord," said Fluttershy gently, rubbing her face against his. "I don't think we can do this ourselves."

"Alright, then," replied Discord, blushing a little. "But satisfaction is not guaranteed."

Discord snapped his fingers.

For a moment, a bright light flashed around Canterlot. It stunned the citizens, causing them to fall to the ground.

Unfortunately, nothing seemed to have changed.

"Well, ladies," replied Discord, "I am unable to completely solve the problem. But I at least bought you some time."

"Thank you so much!" said Rarity. This time, she was crying happy tears. She gave the draconequus a big kiss!

"Honestly," continued Discord, "who builds a city in such a precarious spot? It was always a disaster waiting to happen."

"I second the emotion," replied Maud Pie.

Fiona continued, "Your girlfriends are such awesome girls. And so are you!"

As she spoke, she picked up the rest of the Mane 6, squeezing them, too!

Twilight laughed, pawing the ground. "I don't want to brag too much about myself."

"What about me?" asked Spike, hovering in front of her. "Am I not your best friend, too, Princess?"

Spike stared toward Twilight, his eyes getting a little wet.

Twilight hung her head, sighing with sadness. She looked up to her little dragon.

"I'm so sorry, Spike. The more I think about it, I realize you really are a poor little dragon ... longing for my affection." As she spoke, her eyes got a little wet, too.

Flapping her wings, she leapt up and gave Spike a big hug.

"Hugging and making up!" exclaimed Fiona. "Those are my favorite hugs of all!"

With a big jump, Fiona grabbed Twilight and Spike and gave them a big hug. It knocked the wind out of both.

"That reminds Us," said Queen Katherina Proudpaws. "We have a new student to show you for your School of Friendship."

"So do I!" added Capper.

On his head, he was wearing a crown!

"Capper!" exclaimed Rarity. "You're a king now?"

"Oh!" said Capper with a smile. "Call me King Capper now. Or 'Your Royal Cleverness'."

As King Capper spoke, he fidgeted with his crown.

"I also have a student!" said Captain Celaeno.

"And I!" added Zecora. "In fact, I have three!"

"Where are they?" asked Applejack.

"They are at the School of Friendship, Your Majesty," replied Queen Katherina.

"Seriously?" asked Fluttershy, with a concerned voice. "You brought your kids to a battlefield?"

Fiona laughed. "Of course not! We dropped them off before we arrived to help you."

"So," asked Twilight, "how did you all get here so fast? It's like you teleported!"

"We were already on our way," replied Ocypete -- "to deliver your new students." She laughed. "Dashie actually crashed into me, and I had to calm down the poor scared pony. But -- yeah -- these Elements feel like the future of transportation!"

Rainbow Dash's eyes started to open. "Uh ... uh ... I'm still alive! I ... I guess ... it was all just a dream."

The rest of the Mane 6 laughed, along with most of the other Element bearers. (Queen Katherina, King Thaumas, and Queen Ozomene tried to keep straight faces.)


Section #2:

At the School of Friendship, Starlight Glimmer stood in front of the entrance. So did Trixie and Sunburst -- along with the Student 6 (aka "Young 6").

The six new kids stood in front of the nine creatures. The six included a zebra (boy), abada (girl), kelpie (boy), dog (boy), cat (girl), and bird (boy). They were much younger and smaller than the Student 6.

"Welcome to the School of Friendship!" greeted Starlight.

"Hello, everycreature!" greeted the Student 6.

"I'm your headmare!" said Starlight, pointing to herself.

"And the Great and Powerful Trixie is your counselor!" said Trixie, pointing to herself.

"And these are the 'Student 6'!" said Sunburst, pointing to the Student 6. "Oh -- and I'm Sunburst ... the vice headmare."

"Our veteran students will be your new mentors," said Starlight. "Each of you will be assigned to one of them."

"I want the dragon!" said the little cat girl, jumping with excitement.

"And I want the yak!" said the little dog boy, wagging his tail. (The dog looked like an Australian shepherd.)

Smolder, the dragon, flew to the little cat (a calico). "My name is Smolder. We could get into some wild misadventures together!"

Yona, the yak, bounced on over to the dog. As she bounced, she shook the ground.

"Yona happy to meet you!" She jumped with excitement. "Yaks great at smashing stuff. And Yona think dog can join me! There plenty stuff in school to smash!"

The little dog barked with excitement. He jumped onto Yona and licked her face.

With a happy meow, the little cat gave Smolder a big hug. She rubbed her face against Smolder's. Smolder blushed with embarrassment. Then she laughed.

Smolder gave the little cat a big hug, too. "I see you're super excited to be here! It took much longer for me to warm up to this place!"

"I'm not excited," protested the little abada girl, sitting on the grass and crossing her arms in protest. "That friendship stuff may work for Dust Devil. But not for me. I wanna be alone!"

"Come on!" said the little zebra boy. "Dust Devil is so much fun to play with. I love getting rides on their tornadoes!" As he spoke, he spun around like a twister.

"How can you resist a creature like them?" asked the little kelpie boy. "All they want is to love you!" As he spoke, he hugged the air.

Sitting on the walk, the little bird (a lovebird) started to cry.

"I wanna go home!" he wailed. He blew his nose into his wing feathers.

"Oh, poor boy!" said Ocellus, flying on over to the little bird boy. "I was homesick, too. But then my new friends became my family away from family!"

"It's just not the same! I want Mommy and Daddy!"

"Can you show me some photos?" asked Ocellus, flapping her wings with excitement. "I could change into your parents if you want!"

"Ocellus!" shouted Starlight. "That is against the rules!"

Starlight turned red with embarrassment, laughing nervously. "I forgot -- we don't yell at our friends."

All the creatures laughed, except for the little bird and abada.

"What should we call your group?" asked Sunburst. "We have the Student 6, also known as the 'Young 6'."

"How about the 'Younger 6'?" suggested the little dog.

"Yeah!" agreed the cat, zebra, and kelpie.


Section 3:

Just then, the Farasian 6 arrived at the scene. Zecora walked to her three little students.

"Now, my little ones, go and have some fun! Don't worry; you will not be alone. It will be your home away from home!"

"We will!" said the little zebra and kelpie. Both hugged Zecora's legs.

"I won't!" said the little abada.

The Abyssinian 6 arrived. Capper walked to his little student.

"You behave yourself, all right, my little Napper?" said Capper with a warm smile, picking her up for a hug. "Don't be stealing too much stuff, okay? We're trying to cut down on that, to be better friends."

The Caninian 6 arrived. Katherina walked to her little student.

"Now, my little Yapper," said Katherina. "do not embarrass us. You are our ambassador now. So do not be scooting on the floors or scratching your ears in class."

The rest of the Younger 6 laughed. The abada girl also laughed, pointing her finger mockingly. Even the little bird found himself smiling, chuckling under his breath.

Ever so slightly, the little bird's tears started to dry.

The Ornithian 6 arrived. Captain Celaeno flew to her own little student.

"Would you like to give your parents one last goodbye?"

The little bird sniffled. "Could they stay one last night? At the school?"

"I don't see why not. My bird friends wanted to stay overnight anyway."

The little bird's parents walked to him (also lovebirds). The father was also crying, but trying to smile.

"We will miss you, too!" said the father. "But we will visit once per week, whenever we can!"

The bird father blew his nose into his wing feathers.

The mother was also smiling, but didn't seem too upset at all.

"You do want to be a big boy, don't you?" she said. "This is a great responsibility for you. You are our little diplomat. We don't want to lose our new friends with the zebras, dogs, cats, or ponies."

"And kelpies and abadas!" added the abada girl, feeling annoyed by the omission.

The bird father lifted up his little boy, giving him a big hug. The mother scratched her son's head.

"I will be a big boy!" said the little bird, his tears nearly dried up. "I will miss you. I will miss my home. But I wanna make you happy! 'Cause it'll make me happy!"

The bird father put his son back down. Both parents waved toward him.

"Goodbye, Winger!" they said.

"Goodbye, Mommy and Daddy!" Winger waved back to them.

The parents flew off. So did the Ornithian 6.

The rest of the foreign Elements started walking away.

"Remember what I told you," said Capper, waving back to Nappy. "Don't earn a reputation as a thief."

Katherina gave a little wave with her paw. "Yapper, do not be a diplomatic disaster for us. We do not want a war."

Zecora looked back toward her three students. "You kids please work together. And be best friends forever!"

Marini (zebra; F), Dust Devil (abada; NB), and Crystal (kelpie; F) waved to their respective cousins. "See you later, cousins!"

"See you!" The little zebra and kelpie waved back.

"See you later, Cappy!" called Napper, also waving.

"See you, Kattie," called Yapper, also waving.

Katherina gave him an angry stare, grinding her teeth. "Don't call me 'Kattie". Or 'Kat'. I hate those words!"

Yapper hung his head, whimpering. "Sorry, Majesty."

"That's okay, Yappy. Just remember it is poor manners to address a queen in an informal manner unless she invites you to do so."

The Farasian 6, Abyssinian 6, and Caninian 6 left the scene.

Up in the sky, the Mane 6 and Spike floated alongside Discord. Even Discord couldn't help but smile and sniffle at the emotional scene. He snapped a tissue box into existence ... and blew right into the box!