• Published 4th Oct 2021
  • 1,163 Views, 113 Comments

The Softness Of Her Heart - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



In S9, After King Sombra's horn was found in the Crystal Empire, the princesses have decided to resurrect him and reform him. The pony to reform him will be none other than... Fluttershy!

  • ...
4
 113
 1,163

Magic?

When I woke up in the morning, I saw a yellow pegasus standing next to me. She jumped after seeing that I was awake and said, "Good morning, Sombra. How were your dreams? Did you get a good sleep?"

I didn't reply. I was too busy thinking about how to corrupt the mare. Fluttershy said, "Sombra?"

She waved her hoof in front of my face, and I moved it. I forced out, "Morning, Fluttershy. I had a good sleep and dreams."

She asked, "What were your dreams about?"

I replied, "Nothing. Just a white wall."

"How could you call that a good dream? That must have been the worst dream ever."

"If you say so."

"Are you hungry?"

"Maybe."

Fluttershy got an apple and put it in front of my face. I asked, "How do I know that you didn't put any poison in it?"

She replied, "I told you yesterday, I would never poison anypony's food."

"Prove it."

"How?"

"You think of a way."

The pegasus thought and thought. She finally came up with an idea. "Use your magic."

I tried to do a poison checking spell, but my horn never glowed. My magic was gone!

I told her, "My magic's gone."

"Oh."

She thought again. Finally, she showed me her idea. She bit the apple and showed me that she was unpoisoned. So, I took the apple and ate it. I decided to find out as much information as I could about this pony.

I thought of what to ask her. I was about to say something when the pegasus said, "Um...Sombra? C-could I ask you a question?"

I nodded, and she said, "Do you have any family?"

I told her, "No."

She asked, "Why do you want to take over the Crystal Empire so badly?"

"To get my revenge."

"What did the Crystal Ponies do to you that makes you want to have revenge?"

"Not the Crystal Ponies, only Amore."

"But..you turned her into a statue and destroyed her."

"She made me suffer while I was a colt, so I will make the Crystal Ponies suffer. They were her ponies, and soon they will be mine."

"Do you have to get your revenge? I mean, you can if you want to, but do you have to take revenge?"

"And what do you suggest I do?"

"Um..have a tea party? And biscuits? And um, they could apologize to you?"

I laughed, "That is something I would never do. How do you have a tea party, anyways? Pour tea over the pony sitting next to you and laugh at them?"

Her eyes became big. "No! To have a tea party, you invite somepony to your house, make some tea, get some biscuits, talk to them, and drink tea."

"Huh...I never liked tea, and I never will."

"Have you ever tried it?"

"Never. Tea is something that only grandmares drink."

"That's not true. Princess Celestia drinks tea, and she's not a grandmare. Rarity drinks it too, and she's not a grandmare either."

"As for this Rarity, who is she?"

"Rarity's my friend."

"Do I look like I pay attention to what your friends look like?"

"Her fur is white; she's got a purple mane and a diamond cutie mark."

"I remember seeing a pony like that."

"Did you ever have a friend?"

"Once in my life."

"Who was she, or he?"

"Radiant Hope, a mare who always helped me except when I needed her help the most."

"Oh...What happened?"

"She chose her home over me, and in the end, she had no home and no friend left."

"Oh..."

Fluttershy didn't talk after that, so we sat in silence for half an hour. She was looking at her hooves, and I was looking at her.

I noticed that she looked smaller than other mares. I asked, "How come you're smaller than other mares? You're just a bit bigger than a filly."

"I don't know why."

She looked at me for a second and then found her hooves more interesting. She suddenly said, "I need to take care of my friends. Do you want to help?"

She looked hopeful for a second, but I said, "I'll just sit here and watch you."

The hope faded out of her eyes. She flew off and started taking care of all the creatures in her house.

*******************************************************************

The sun had set no more than a few seconds ago, and Fluttershy was putting all her creatures to sleep. She finished doing that and flew over with some fruits in a basket.

Then, she gave some to me, and she started eating her fruits.

I ate too, after looking at them carefully. I wondered what had happened to my magic.

Did Celestia think that the pegasus couldn't handle me when I still had magic and took it while I was sleeping?

That sounded like her.

I blinked and saw that Fluttershy was staring at me. She asked, "Um...Sombra? Are you alright?"

I said, "Yes, I was thinking about something. None of your concern."

I think I said that too harshly because the mare had some tears in her eyes.

Reluctantly, to get her trust, I said, "It's just that I have a bad headache. Don't cry."

She said, "Goodnight.", and then she went to her room. I decided to stay awake and think.

*******************************************************

It was now midnight, and I decided to get some sleep. I put the pillow on the sofa and then slept.

Author's Note:

Author's note: Before you go, don't forget to...Vote...Like...Comment...Share!