• Published 4th Oct 2021
  • 1,163 Views, 113 Comments

The Softness Of Her Heart - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



In S9, After King Sombra's horn was found in the Crystal Empire, the princesses have decided to resurrect him and reform him. The pony to reform him will be none other than... Fluttershy!

  • ...
4
 113
 1,163

Home Sweet Home

Fluttershy's P.O.V:

"Ah," Sombra gives a contented sigh as he lies on the sofa. "Home sweet home."

I smile and sit next to him. "It's much more sweeter with you back."

His stomach growls and I giggle. "Seems like some pony's hungry~" I tease.

He pouts. "Who can blame that somepony for being hungry when they've had nothing but hospital food for Tartarus knows how long?"

I giggle again. "What would you like to eat?"

"Surprise me. As long as you make it, I'll be happy."

"Okay." I walk to the kitchen. What should I make? Hmm...

Angel bunny appears out of nowhere and taps my leg. He taps a picture of pasta and an oven. "That'll be perfect! Thanks Angel," I gasp, hugging him.

My smile disappears as I check the cupboards. "But we're all out of ingredients... I would go to get some more, but I don't feel comfortable leaving you and Sombra home alone, especially after what happened last time..."

Angel rolls his eyes, hops off, returns with a shopping basket and taps his chest several times.

"You want to get the ingredients for me? Thanks Angel! Now, here's a list of everything I need..."

He hops out of the door at once and I start getting the oven ready. I set the temperature, get the utensils ready and then wait...

Nearly an hour later Angel returns, dragging a heavy shopping basket behind him. I relieve him of his burden and thank him again, after which he takes a few carrots from the fridge and goes.

I make sure there's everything I need. Pasta, eggs, milk, etc...

Yeah, it's all there.


Sombra's P.O.V:

I open my eyes and sit up to the smell of something that makes my mouth water.

I can't tell what it is, but it smells great.

"Sombra ~" My Flutter-Angel comes in. "Time to eat~"

I follow her to the kitchen and she covers my eyes once I sit down.

Then she uncovers them and I'm confused at the sight before me. "What's this?"

"It's pasta bake," she explains. "I'm sure you'll love it."

With that said, she gives me my portion from the tray, and then gives herself some and sits down.

She waits for me to start eating.

I tentatively put a forkful into my mouth... And begin to devour my whole plate in the span of a few seconds.

Fluttershy is startled at the speed, but gives me more, which I take my time to enjoy.

"This is absolutely wonderful Fluttershy," I say in between bites.

"See, I told you that you'd love it!" Fluttershy beams.

I smile.

I never could have guessed she was this great at cooking as in all my time here, I don't think we've had anything other than fruits, vegetables and cereal. And maybe a lot of other things too that slipped my mind.

Once we've finishes eating, my wonderful yellow pegasus giggles. "What's so funny?" I ask.

"I'm not laughing at you; I'm just happy to finally be able to have dinner with you again. It's been so long..."

"I'm happy too. I missed everything."

Fluttershy looks at me, as if wanting to say something, but hesitates. "What is it?"

She gently pulls me to the living room and puts me on the sofa. She nuzzles me.

"Sombra... I want to show you how much I love you... If you don't mind."

I chuckle. "Have you been planning this for the whole day?"

She blushes. "N-no-"

"It's ok," I laugh again. "To be honest, I was thinking of it again, but this might have been a little sonnet than I thought."

"I- we can wait if you want."

"It's fine. After spending such a long time apart, I'd say we have the right to go ahead at full speed." A thought comes into my mind. "Angel is out of the house... Right?"

Fluttershy almost flies into the ceiling in panic, but I manage to catch her with my magic. She runs out of the room and returns a few minutes later. "Now he's spending the night at Pinkie's."


Fluttershy's P.O.V:

I wake up in the morning to find Sombra's horn right under my chin... Just like in the dream.

I move my neck away from his horn and then relax.

I feel something hard against my stomach.

Naturally I look down and blush as the memories of last night come flooding back to me.

It surely was an enjoyable night... that's for sure. And it involved a lot of love...

Sombra begins to to stir. He's confused as to his surroundings but that's replaced with a smile.

"Good morning Fluttershy." He sits up and hugs me. "I missed my Flutterpillow. So soft and warm... I wonder how I managed to survive without you."

My cheeks went red at this. “Oh, please…” Was he always such a charmer?

“What? Can’t take a compliment, dear?” He smirked, taking advantage of this situation, deepening my blush.

“I-I'm just not used to such compliments," I shyly replied, letting my mane fall in front of my face, causing him to nod.

“I see. I know how you’re feeling. I had to show the nurse who took care of me that she had nothing to fear from me, and I also boosted her confidence.”

“That’s was nice of you.” Pride was in my voice.

“Yes. I…” He looked briefly away, “Hope our first time wasn’t too awkward for you or anything.”

“Awkward, yes, but I don’t blame you?” I could tell he felt guilty for the incident.

“Good, because…is something wrong?” Now, concern was in his voice, making me chuckle awkwardly.

“Do you mind if I bubble wrap your horn or anything? I'd prefer to not be fatally stabbed in the night...”

He blinked. "Come again, love?"

"Okay. So, I had this dream that we were sleeping peacefully and then your horn stabbed my throat. And this morning when I woke up with my throat near your horn..." I tucked my mane behind my ear, and then let it fall again. "I'm not scared of you; I trust you with my life, but just please let me do this t-"

My explanation was cut short by Sombra bursting into laughter. I watched him, bemused as he continued laughing for a few minutes.

When he had finally stopped, I asked him, "Sombra... Did you find something funny?"

"Fluttershy dear," he faces me. "I understand that you trust me. If a dream of yours made you feel a little unsafe, and you worried that I might accidentally stab you with my horn in the night, I'd do anything to keep you safe. But really, I'm sure my horn's not that sharp." He touches the tip of it with a hoof "Se-Ouch!" He shakes his hoof in pain and I see it's bleeding.

He sheepishly chuckles under my gaze.

"Heheh... Seems like I might not know my horn as good as I thought I did... It's not even safe for me..."

"...I'll go get a first aid kit. And some bubble wrap too."

Author's Note:

:pinkiegasp: What's this? A chapter that came out only a week after the previous one? Thank Creative Lights (https://www.quotev.com/Creativelights) because they asked me and I quote 'When is the next chapter of 'the softness of her heart' coming out?' and I decided to just write this to make up for the long waits...

If you enjoyed this, don't forget to vote/like, comment, share, follow, etc.