• Published 4th Oct 2021
  • 1,163 Views, 113 Comments

The Softness Of Her Heart - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



In S9, After King Sombra's horn was found in the Crystal Empire, the princesses have decided to resurrect him and reform him. The pony to reform him will be none other than... Fluttershy!

  • ...
4
 113
 1,163

What?

But if she reformed the Lord Of Chaos, then she must be acting.
I was too busy looking at her to notice that we had reached a small cottage. The mare opened the door and I followed her in.

She shut the door and then started taking my chains off. I looked around the cottage. There were many creatures there.

Was this mare a vet? Or a zoo-keeper?

She finished taking my chains off and threw them into a basket. She started, "H-hi, S-sombra. I-i'm F-fluttershy."

She tried to smile, but she was too scared. I could smell the fear in her from a mile away.

I said, "Cut the act, pegasus."

She stuttered, "W-what d-do you m-mean? W-what act?"

I told her, "When are you going to start torturing me until I reform?"

She looked confused. "W-what do you mean, t-torturing y-you?"

"The only reason Celestia chose you is because you pretend to be scared. After your act is over, you would start killing everypony around you."

"I-I would never k-kill anypony."

I stared straight into her eyes and read her mind. It was full of fear and questions such as, "Did I do the right thing by agreeing to reform Sombra? Why does he think I'm acting? Why does he think that I would ever kill anypony? Or torture him?"

I said, "You would. What did you say your name was?"

She whispered, "F-fluttershy."

I asked, "Buttershy?"

She said louder, "Fluttershy."

"Fine then, Fluttershy I don't want to be reformed. I will never be reformed, ever."

She said, "You will. I know there's some good in you. Nopony can be completely evil."

I said, "What if I told you that I am completely evil? What can a weak mare like yourself do, anyways?"

Fluttershy replied, "I can give you, the STARE."

I sarcastically said, "Oh, I'm so scared."

I laughed. "Anypony can stare."

She said, "Anypony can stare, but not everypony can give THE stare."

"Really? Then show me that stare of yours."

"I'll only use it on you if you get out of control."

The mare went to another room and came back with a basket. She gave it to me. "Eat."

I looked inside the basket and saw some carrots and strawberries.

I said, "How do I know that you didn't poison these?"

She replied, "I would never poison anyponies food. "

"Prove that there's no poison."

"Alright."

Fluttershy ate some carrots and strawberries. I waited for a few seconds to see if anything happened to her, but nothing did.

Then, I filled my mouth with the basket's contents and swallowed them all.

The mare said, "I don't want to sound rude, but I've never seen anypony eat like that before."

"That's how somepony would eat after being starved for a month."

"Celestia didn't give you any food for a month!"

"Nothing at all."

"That's terrible! I'll get some more food for you."

'Fluttershy' flew out of the window into her garden and came back a few minutes later with three basketfuls of fruits.
She gave the baskets to me and I started eating.

She was watching me so I said, "You can eat some, if you want."

She replied, "I'm not hungry."

I continued eating. When I finished, she gave me some water. I drank it and then saw something on the side of her flank.

I asked, "What's that drawing on your flank?"

"It's my cutie mark."

"How did you get it?"

"When I found my special talent, it just appeared."
"Oh."

She asked, "Why don't you have a cutie mark?", and then she quickly added, "No offense."

I said, "None taken," and then I answered her question,"Only ponies have cutie marks."

"But you're a pony, right?"

"No, I'm an umbrum."

"What's an umbrum? I never heard of them."

"A species made out of shadow. You haven't heard of them because long ago, they used to live in the crystal empire. But they were sealed away by Amore."

"Who's Amore?"

"The first princess of the crystal empire. She discovered the crystal heart and used her magic to power it. Her cutie mark was that."

"Oh. But why did she seal the umbrum away?"

"Because she thought they were evil."

"She should've tried to talk to them first, not imprison them. That's so unfair."

"Things are never fair, Fluttershy. How do you think it felt to spend a thousand years in ice?"

"It would've felt terrible. The princesses should've talked to you first, instead of just sealing you in ice."

"But they would never do that. Celestia is the type of pony who does things first, and thinks later. And if she can't defeat an enemy, then she'll banish them for a thousand years and then find a student and give them the burden of defeating the villain."

"That is true. When Princess Luna turned into Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia banished her to the moon for a thousand years, and that was her own sister."

"Why did Celestia choose you to reform me? You have no magic to defend yourself."

"Because I reformed Discord, a few years ago. "

"You reformed the lord of chaos? Where is he now? Did he die after being subjected to the friendship torture?"

"I did reform Discord, he didn't die, he's immortal. And I sent him on a holiday. He'll be back after a month."

"Oh. When will you start torturing me? "

Author's Note:

Before you go, don't forget to...Like...Share...Comment.