• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 9,064 Views, 147 Comments

Twilight’s Little Comet - GoebelTron



When a abused 6 year old boy named Kyle finds a diamond powered by the full moon, he is turned into a unicorn colt, but luckily he now has Twilight Sparkle to care for him.

  • ...
19
 147
 9,064

Chapter 2: Explanations to the Princess

“Where is he?!” Princess Celestia asked, giving a glare towards the five mares and dragon in the room. The five mares were surprised by the princess's sudden appearance.

“Princess Celestia?!” Twilight asked as she was very surprised. “How the heck did you read the entire letter in a small amount of time?!”

“I didn’t read much after the two words that my sister had become,” Princess Celestia said. “I must deal with the threat you mentioned and stop her once more before it becomes too dangerous, meaning that this foal might be preparing for her return.”

Rainbow Dash rushed in front of Princess Celestia, “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait a minute! You should’ve read the whole letter instead of just randomly jumping into conclusions for no reason!”

“Ah agree, Princess,” Applejack added. “Ya shoulda read the whole thing. It also explains what happened when Nightmare Moon’s voodoo appeared last night and attacked Twilight. Trust me, when Ah say that the colt ain’t got nothin’ to do with Nightmare Moon, but was almost taken over by her spirit.”

Princess Celestia pulled out the letter she received and continued reading. She raised an eyebrow and asked, “A human boy? That is a little... Hmm…” She continued reading it. Then, she widened her eyes and looked back at the group with a curious glare. “Show me this diamond.”

Fluttershy flew up to Princess Celestia and held out the broken diamond along with the shards to show Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia took the broken diamond and inspected it by holding it with her magic.

“I thought I’ve seen the last of this centuries ago,” Princess Celestia said.

That somehow made the five mares and Spike gasp. Twilight then asked, “You’ve seen one of these diamonds before?!”

“Twilight, these five diamonds were banished from Equestria long before my sister was banished,” Princess Celestia explained. "They’re called the Crystal Eyes of Nightmare. They were originally designed to transport ponies to the castle my sister and I used to live in, using the power of the light of the full moon, but there was a major side effect. It leaves the one who transports them in a monstrous form, and it can only be used once, but it can also return life to a deceased soul.”

“So that’s how it works!” Twilight said. “The vessel will then fall into the hands of her spirit, and become the monstrous form of Princess Luna and tried to leave Equestria in an eternal night.”

“Yes,” Princess Celestia said. “So, the one who was transported was a foreign creature who goes by the name of Kyle, am I correct?”

“Kyle said that his species was called a human,” Twilight said. “And he has no idea how to get back.”

“There is no way to get him back,” Princess Celestia sympathetically said. “It can only be used once. We had no control of the diamonds’ magic. The Crystal Eyes of Nightmare were way too dangerous. So, to protect our subjects, we got rid of them all. We thought that they would be completely destroyed when we sent them off. But it looks like one of them must have survived.”

“Princess, like I said in the letter, when I touched the diamond, her ghost appeared, like it was containing her spirit, soul and mind. She suddenly casted a maternity spell on me, making me look pregnant,” Twilight said.

“A maternity spell?! How in Equestria did this happen to you?!” Princess Celestia asked in concern.

“Well, when I was on my way back, I felt some kind of swelling in my stomach, until I made it towards Fluttershy’s cottage and asked her for her help, until my friends joined in and helped me deliver the foal,” Twilight replied.

“Hmm, I see…” Princess Celestia said, pondering why it happened to her faithful student. “Twilight, not to judge you, but what exactly happened afterwards?”

Twilight then continued, “Well, after seeing that Nightmare Moon’s spirit was about to take over, another spirit of the boy I mentioned came and took over, but we don’t know if the spirit of the mare your sister became followed or disappeared. Later this morning, he was very afraid of us, because back home, he had an abusive life. His so-called aunt, uncle and cousin mistreated him and abused him with fear and carelessness. He was also kidnapped by thugs and forced him to steal the diamond, until he ended up here after dying of a terminal illness, because of the barely amounts of food those abusive creatures gave him. His parents also left for a business trip before the abusive treatment happened.”

“Are you sure?” Princess Celestia asked after gasping in shock.

“Yes. But right now, we’re figuring out what to do with him,” Twilight said.

“Then if Nightmare Moon’s spirit may have survived, this could be troubling times for Equestria,” Princess Celestia said.

“My, my. Guess that is some troubling news,” came the sudden voice of Rarity. The group of ponies looked over to the stairs that were leading downstairs to the basement, and began to see Rarity coming up with Kyle on her back. As soon as she came up, she levitated Kyle off of her back.

Kyle looked up at Princess Celestia with wide eyes, seeing how big she was compared to the other mares in the room. Kyle then said, “You are really... big…”

The princess just chuckled and replied, “You certainly are a young little one, aren’t you?” That made Kyle nod nervously, until Celestia stroked his mane with her hoof, before bringing him over for a hug against her foreleg. Princess Celestia then said, “You certainly must have been having an awful life, haven’t you?”

Kyle sighed and said, “I was hoping to get out of a bad situation with my family, and wake up in a better life. But now I feel like it’ll even be worse like before.”

“I understand, but I’ve never seen anything like this, especially a spell nopony has ever casted, but to have it be related to the dark magic of Nightmare Moon. I didn’t even think that there was even possible, until now,” Princess Celestia said, as Kyle kept hugging her leg. “But, I must warn you that there are a lot of ponies who might judge you or a little bit offensive, and may not treat you as who you really are, or used to be, since your spirit has given life to this body of yours. But, I’m going to have to make an announcement that will let no harm come to you because on what happened to you.”

Kyle nodded and nuzzled Celestia’s leg again, causing her to blush. She then leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek, “But with a simple introduction for Kyle here to welcome him towards the rest of Equestria would suffice. Although, besides that, it’ll take some time for them to get to know this dear sweet young little colt.” Kyle blushed as Celestia placed her hoof on his cheek.

“That sounds like a good idea,” Twilight said. “It wouldn’t be too easy to explain to the other ponies here.”

“Might... I make a small suggestion?” Rarity asked, raising a hoof. “I know that he is used to his name, but it’s not exactly a name you find here in Equestria. Don’t you think we should change it?”

Kyle looked up at the ponies after letting go of Celestia’s leg, and then asked, “A new name? What’s wrong with the name I have?”

“Well, it’s just that… it doesn’t really fit here in this world,” Rarity replied.

Celestia nodded and said, “I believe that we should. The little colt should have his name changed so that the ponies won’t be confused by his unusual name. Even to him, it is a common name among his old world.”

“Well, you do seem to also have an appearance similar to me,” Twilight said. “We need a name for you that is similar to my family or my traits for educational study, like the stars for example.”

“Good thinking,” Princess Celestia said. “Although, I suggest you come up with one suitable for him.”

“How about… Sweet Nova?” Rainbow suggested.

“Oh, no, darling,” Rarity said. “I have a little sister named Sweetie Belle. It would be a little bit confusing for the both of them because they wouldn’t know who I’m calling if they’re in the same place. And that is indeed almost related to a filly’s name, just so you’re aware.”

“Good point,” Rainbow Dash said, crossing her forelegs.

“How ‘bout Night Light?” Applejack suggested.

“That’s my father’s name,” Twilight said. That made Princess Celestia nod towards Applejack.

“Ooh! Ooh! How about Star Swirl or Moon Racer?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“Actually, Starswirl already existed, but he was still here, we’d confuse him and this colt right here with their names and the other one is pretty close to my friend from Canterlot, so no,” Twilight said.

“Aww! You’re a bunch of party poopers!” Pinkie Pie said.

“Um... How... how about... Comet?” Fluttershy suggested, very quietly.

“What was that, Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

“Um... I was thinking... the name... Comet...” Fluttershy suggested.

“Comet,” Twilight said, putting a hoof to her chin. She then smiled and said, “I kinda like it.”

“Sounds good,” said Rainbow Dash. “But, does it have to be just Comet alone?”

“Maybe…” Twilight looked at the colt before something sparked her view, and gave her an idea for his new last name, then said, “Comet Moonstone.”

“An interesting choice, Twilight,” Princess Celestia said. “But, for now, I have one more suggestion, but I assume you all have your own homes and responsibilities?”

“I live at Sugarcube Corner, and I'm not the only pony that lives there. And me and the Cakes, we’re usually busy every day,” Pinkie Pie said.

“I’m sure that my animals wouldn’t mind, but it might be a little bit too crowded,” Fluttershy said.

“The only way for him to get up to my place is to fly,” Rainbow Dash said. “Because my house is literally up in the sky. And he’s only a unicorn.”

“I live in a boutique, and I get a lot of customers,” Rarity said. “And I usually have my little sister Sweetie Belle to care for.”

“My family wasn’t too fond o’ Nightmare Moon,” Applejack said. "It’ll take time for them ta get ta know him, the real colt he is, so I shouldn’t consider, and the farm work be too much for him to handle.”

“So, I guess that just leaves you, my faithful student,” Princess Celestia said, looking over at Twilight. “I’m trusting you with this responsibility, Twilight Sparkle. He needs somepony to look after him. My sister Luna and I would do it ourselves, but we have our duties as the high princesses to deal with, so I turn to you. Will you accept this responsibility?”

Twilight looked over at Kyle, who looked down and shuffled his hoof. She was a little concerned, but then she sighed and nodded, “I might as well take care of him. He has been through a tough life before, and since I’m the one that gave birth to him and resurrected his spirit. But, maybe with him, I can learn a lot from him and his human culture, and I can teach him how to use his magic. So I guess you can count on me, Princess Celestia. I won’t let you down!”

“You... you would... take care of me?” Kyle asked.

“As long as you do what we say, and go by Comet Moonstone from now on,” Twilight said. “I will make sure that you’ll be in good hooves here, under good care, and not ever again let you experience what that cruel aunt, uncle and cousin of yours did to you.”

Kyle, now going by Comet Moonstone, thought about it. He then gave a hopeful smile, and walked towards Twilight, still trying to get used to walking like a pony. Twilight used her magic to pull him closer and Comet got wrapped up in a hug, until he nuzzled his cheek with her chest fur, until Twilight let out a motherly smile and bedroom eyes.

“I know you can do this, my faithful student,” Princess Celestia said. “I have full faith of you.” Twilight looked up at Princess Celestia and nodded. “I will be heading back to Canterlot to make the announcement. Make sure that Comet adjusts well here in Ponyville, and take care of our newest citizen like he was your own foal.”

“I will, Princess,” Twilight said.

Princess Celestia walked out of the library, and took off towards Canterlot. Twilight looked towards Princess Celestia, and then she looked at her friends.

“We have a lot to get done, Twi,” Rainbow Dash said. “We’ll see you soon.”

“Sure thing,” Twilight said. “I better make sure that Comet will adjust. See you all later.”

“We’ll leave you to your acquaintanceship and settlement business now, so ta-ta,” said Rarity.

“See ya, Twilight,” Pinkie Pie said, as she, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy left. Twilight watched as they left the library, until she looked down at Comet and said, “Let’s get you adjusted to life here, and probably refresh your memory a little until your senses are fully recovered.” She then started smelling Comet, until she recognized the scent from last night, and saw some dirt on him, along with some twigs in his mane, “So for starters, I think it’s best that I give you a bath.” Twilight carefully lifted Comet with her magic, and placed him on her back before they headed upstairs to the bathroom.

“Twilight? How are you able to do that?” Comet asked.

“Do what?” Twilight asked.

“This. The glowing and lifting thing,” Comet tried making it clear by pointing at his horn.

“Oh, that’s just my magic. It’s sometimes easy to use,” Twilight replied.

“Magic?” Comet asked.

Twilight pointed at her horn and said, “Unicorns and alicorns can generate magic from their horns, and are able to use their horns to lift things with a magical aura. Such as a simple levitation spell. I’ll teach you how to use your magic later today, or tomorrow. Right now, Comet, let’s get you cleaned up.” They headed into the bathroom, and Twilight started up the tub with both faucets for warm water, and then she dipped her hoof to check the temperature as it was just right, and then let it fill up the tub.

As the water was at the proper amount, she set Comet down into the tub with her magic and got some bathing materials, including a shower sponge brush, some shampoo, and a bar of soap with her magic. “Is the water warm?” Twilight asked.

Comet nodded, “Yeah, it is.”

She smiled warmly and then rubbed his shoulder, before Comet returned a smile of his own. She then gently got the small bits of twigs and branches out of his mane, and then lathered his mane in shampoo. She then took a small pitcher of water and dumped it over his head to wash the shampoo out of his mane. Feeling the water, he made a soft “eep!” until Twilight shushed him and rubbed at his side with her hoof, calming him down. When Comet was calm, Twilight then lit up her horn, filled up the sponge brush with the soap from the soap bar, and then very gently washed his body and got all the dirt and mud off of him, before she giggled at Comet rinsing him off with the entire tub. With Comet all squeaky clean, Twilight picked Comet up, placed him next to her, and drained the tub. Once the tub was completely drained, she used a towel and gently dried him off.

As they came downstairs, Twilight sat down on the couch with Comet next to her, before Spike asked.

“So, where’s Comet going to sleep?” Spike asked. “We only have two beds in the library.”

“Good thing we cleared out the rest of the room. We’ll wait until the announcement has spread across Equestria. Then we’ll do some shopping for some furniture,” Twilight said.

Comet nodded and said, “I guess. My aunt and uncle didn’t want me to do anything but clean the house. They didn’t even let me go to school. I already miss school.”

Twilight smiled and said, “Well, as soon as you’ve settled in and until the summer break ends, I’ll get you registered at school.”

She then looked down at Comet. Comet then said, “I’m not sure I’ll be able to get along with the ponies here either. Especially because of me being a… well, you know.”

“Don’t worry,” Twilight said, putting a hoof on Comet’s shoulder. “You’ll be able to fit in with the ponies here in no time.”

“Yeah, Comet,” Spike said. "If I can eventually make it to be accepted by ponies, I’m sure you can. Things like this just take time.” He then sighed and said, “And I’m sorry for screaming in your face earlier this morning.”

“It’s okay, Spike,” Comet said. “You startled me as well. I just wasn’t expecting a little purple dinosaur to appear in front of me.”

“Dinosaur?!” Spike asked. “I’m a baby dragon!”

“S-Sorry…” Comet said nervously. That said made Twilight laugh. Spike looked over at Twilight with an angry look. “Twilight! It’s not funny!”

“So-Sorry Spike,” Twilight said, trying to hold in her laughter, which was failing. “It’s just... ha ha ha... It’s just that that’s not... ha ha... that’s not the first time Spike’s been called something... ha ha ha... something like that. Ha ha ha!”

Spike just grunted angrily, and then Twilight and Comet did some quality time together, and then read a few books together, and helped Comet learn how to walk like a pony.


Later that night, Twilight and Comet were sharing the same bed. Twilight was still adjusting to her new home. She was having trouble sleeping, but somehow managed to get through it. But that wasn’t the only issue.

Twilight suddenly felt some shaking in the bed. She looked down and saw Comet struggling in his sleep. Comet was having a nightmare. Twilight felt bad for Comet, so she sat up and pulled him in for a hug. She then whispered into Comet’s ear.

“Shh... shh... It’s okay, Comet. I’m here, I’m here,” Twilight whispered into Comet’s ear. “I promise I’ll be here to protect you. You deserve the best, and I’ll get you as much as I can to give you the best as I can.” Comet then calmed down in his sleep. He then snuggled closer to Twilight’s barrel and nuzzled with her chest fur, wrapped his hind legs around her belly, and laid his head against the crook of Twilight’s neck as he curled his hooves against hers and his chest. Twilight smiled at that, and went back to sleep. This is just the start of a new life for her and the colt.

As the moon of Princess Luna shined up in the sky, it casted a blanket of warmth for the unicorn mare and colt.