• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 9,063 Views, 147 Comments

Twilight’s Little Comet - GoebelTron



When a abused 6 year old boy named Kyle finds a diamond powered by the full moon, he is turned into a unicorn colt, but luckily he now has Twilight Sparkle to care for him.

  • ...
19
 147
 9,063

Chapter 8: Boast Busters

Twilight was trying out some new spells with Comet by her side. Comet was also learning some spells. But he was already at Twilight’s level. He was starting to learn things so fast, including how to use levitation and transfiguration.

“Wow!” Spike said in awe. “You two have been learning a lot of new spells.”

“Indeed,” Twilight said. “Although Comet might be a little colt, but he’s still learning. Now, we’ve done 24 spells.”

Spike was now listing down all of the spells the two have been doing in their magic. Spike then said, “Alright. Time for one more spell.” Comet was suddenly panting heavily.

Twilight smiled motherly, and then put a hoof on Comet’s back and asked, “Why don’t you go ahead and rest for a bit? I think you’ve done enough magic.”

“Okay,” Comet said, nuzzling his mom’s chest and walking over to the side to get a book to read.

“Alright, Twilight, time for a growth spell,” Spike said. “Come on, Twilight. You can do it!”

“Okay, here goes,” Twilight said before lighting up her horn. She then concentrated, and then a black mustache magically grew out above Spike’s snout.

“Ha ha! Ya did it! Growing magic, that’s number twenty-five,” Spike said as he turned to check off the last box on the list. “Twenty-five different types of tricks and counting. And I think this is the best trick so far.” Spike then looked at himself in front of a mirror, imagining that he was all alone with Rarity, who he secretly had a crush on. “Hello, Rarity. What’s that? Aw, it's nothin’, just my awesome mustache.” He then laughed to himself.

Twilight smiled and said, “Sorry, Romeo. As attractive and enticing as you look, it’s just for practice, and now it’s gotta go.” Twilight then used her magic to undo the mustache.

“Wait!” Spike shouted, trying to block the spell from getting rid of his mustache, but it didn’t work, and Twilight used her magic to remove Spike’s mustache. “Aw, rats!” That somehow made Twilight giggle.

“Wait a minute,” Comet said. “You said ‘Romeo’. As in Romeo and Juliet? That was an old romance book back in my world!”

“Really?” Twilight asked. “Huh. Must be some weird coincidence.” Twilight then walked over towards Comet and said, “Perhaps there are some other links from your world to ours. Looks like we’ll have to tell the princesses about this. But for right now, how about we go get some sunshine?”

Comet nodded, got up and then the three of them headed on outside.


Twilight, Comet and Spike were walking through the streets of Ponyville, enjoying the beautiful sunny day.

“Twenty-five, Twilight. Twenty-five different kinds of tricks and counting. I thought unicorns were only supposed to have a little magic that matches their special talents!” Spike said.

“True, for ponies whose talents are for things like cooking or singing or math,” Twilight said. “But what if a unicorn’s special talent is magic?”

“Like you, Twilight, and you know a ton of magic,” Spike said.

“Oh, Spike, stop. I’m sure there are lots of ponies right here in Ponyville that know just as much magic as me,” Twilight said.

“Are you kiddin’? I don’t think there’s another unicorn in all of Equestria with your kind of ability, Twilight,” Spike said.

“What about me?” Comet asked.

“You’ve still got a lot to learn, sweetie,” Twilight replied. “But, Mommy, do you think my special talent might be yours too? If I ever had my cutie mark?” Comet asked, looking at his blank flank. “I can’t be a unicorn without a special talent, you know.”

Twilight giggled and then kissed him on the forehead, “Don’t worry, sweetheart. I promise you’ll find your special talent soon enough.” Comet smiled and hugged his mother on the leg and nuzzled with her chest fur.

“Gangway! Comin’ through!” a voice came, as it came from two unicorn colts ran past the three of them. They were the two colts, Snips and Snails.

“Snips, Snails! What’s going on?” Spike asked.

“Wha, haven’t you heard?” Snails asked. “There’s a new unicorn in town!”

“Yeah! They say that she’s got more magical powers than any other unicorn ever!” Snips said.

“Really?” Twilight asked, feeling flustered. “Aw, no way, that honor goes to Twilight here,” Spike said. “And she and I have gifted abilities,” Comet said, making Twilight blush.

“Where is this unicorn?” she asked.

“Ho, she’s in the town square. Come on!” Snails said, as he ran off.

“Yeah!” Snips said, making some laughter. “Come on! Whooo!”

They then headed over to Town Square where a bunch of ponies were gathered in front of a cart. Twilight, Comet and Spike went through the crowd as a mare was making an announcement from the cart, which it unfolded into a performance stage.

“Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

In a puff of smoke, there came a blue unicorn mare with a white mane and tail, purple eyes, and wearing a purple cape and magician’s hat with blue and yellow stars and dots.

“Watch in awe as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feats of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!” The mare boasted as a bunch of fireworks came out of the cart. The crowd was standing in awe, but some ponies weren’t too happy about what the mare just said.

“My, my, my! What boasting!” Rarity said.

“Come on, nopony’s as magical as Twi— Twi— Twi— Oh!” Spike tried to say Twilight’s name, but was too caught off by Rarity. He then tried to come up with something to make Rarity think that he looks cool. “Hey Rarity, I… uh… Mustache!”

Spike dashed away from Rarity, who just looked rather clueless.

“There’s nothing wrong with being talented, is there?” Twilight asked, watching the performance.

“Nothin’ at all, ‘cep’n when someone goes around showin’ it off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons,” Applejack said.

“Oh, come on,” Comet said. “I’ve seen a lot stuff like this before back in my world.”

“You have? How?” Twilight asked. That also got the attention of Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity.

“Yeah,” Comet said. “On stage like this, but also on TV.”

“T... V?” Rarity asked, confused. “Whatever are you talking about, darling?”

“Right,” Comet said. “The closest thing you have to a TV, or television for short, is a movie projector. Well, anyway, it’s this box-shaped type of thing that digitally shows a bunch of shows and plays made up by many humans and has many other multiple choices of fun entertainment, like sports, cooking, cartoons, sitcoms, news reports, and many more. Anyway, there’s this show I used to watch that involves a pair of great stage magicians called Penn and Teller. Those two know hundreds of professional magic tricks.”

“Oh, tricks,” Twilight said. “They don’t use real magic, but they give off the illusion to impress the audience.”

“Exactly,” Comet said. “They also have a show where a bunch of many magicians try to fool Penn and Teller with any type of trick that they have no idea how the performer did it, and then try to perform with them in a show. But, usually, it’s one performer that somehow fools Penn and Teller. It seems that Miss Trixie is just trying to impress the ponies of the show. She’s just saying that she’s really powerful just to get the crowd’s attention.”

“Oh, I get it,” Rainbow Dash said. “She’s just trying to get attention. I somehow know the feeling.”

“But, is she really all that powerful?” Twilight asked worriedly.

“Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us,” Rarity said.

“Especially when ya got me around being better than the rest of us,” Rainbow chuckled, before Applejack gave her a death glare. “Uh, I mean, yeah, uh, magic shmagic. BOO!”

Rainbow’s boo chant did not go unheard as Trixie faced her direction with a smirk, and then spoke up, “Well, well, well, it seems we have some naysayers in the audience. Who else is so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they’re already in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?”

Rarity scoffed, “Just who does she think she is?”

“Yeah! Since we all know that Twilight here is—” Twilight cut him off, “Spike! Shhh!”

Twilight practically dragged Spike away from the crowd by the tail, and Spike asked as she let go, “What? What’s wrong?”

“You see the way they reacted to Trixie? I don’t want anyone thinking I’m a show-off,” Twilight said, as more fireworks and fanfare played.

“So, Trixie? How come you keep calling yourself great and powerful anyway?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Heh, why, only the Great and Powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded ursa major!” she replied, with more fireworks and fanfare.

“What?” Snips asked.

“No way!” Snails said.

“When all hope was lost, the ponies of Hoofington had no one to turn to,” Trixie explained, theatrically. “But the Great and Powerful Trixie stepped in, and with her awesome magic, vanquished the ursa major and sent it back to its cave deep within the Everfree Forest!”

Snips and Snails were now amazed, “Saw, sweet!”

“That settles it,” Snips said.

“Trixie truly is the most talented, the most magical, the most awesome unicorn in Ponyville,” Snails said.

“No, in all of Equestria!” Snips exclaimed.

“How do you know? You didn’t see it! And besides, Twi—” Twilight suddenly casted a spell on Spike to zip his lips. “Mmph! M-mmph!”

“I’m not so sure like that could happen,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Agreed. It almost sounds illogical,” Rarity said.

“It’s true, my enthusiastic little admirers,” Trixie replied. “Trixie is most certainly the best in Ponyville.”

The only response other than dead silence was the chirping of crickets nearby.

“Don’t believe the Great and Powerful Trixie?” She retorts. “Well then, I hereby challenge you, Ponyvillians. Anything you can do; I can do better. Any takers? Anyone? Hmm? Or is Trixie destined to be the greatest equine who has ever lived?!”

Once more, Trixie sets off some fireworks and fanfare. By then, Spike finally managed to unzip his mouth.

“Please! She’s unbearable!” Spike cried, clinging to Twilight’s neck. “You two gotta show her. You just gotta!”

“There’s no way I'm going to use my magic now, Spike,” Twilight added. “Especially since—”

“Hmm, how about you?” Trixie called out.

Twilight Sparkle turned as Trixie approached the front of the stage, her gaze aimed towards ‘her’. Twilight just gulped as the magician stares her down.

“Way to go, Spike. You made Mom feel embarrassed,” Comet said.

“I heard what you said, little colt,” the voice of Trixie came once again when Comet was looking at Spike. Comet’s eyes dilated when he was being talked to by Trixie. “And I must say, I was somehow intrigued that you make some interesting facts from your perspective and make some naysayers not say anymore nays when I’m performing a few moments ago. Although, I was a little taken back when I saw your... familiar appearance.”

“My... appearance?” Comet asked.

“Yes,” Trixie said. “I heard about you, Comet. I even read the newspapers about you. And I cannot believe that you are not anything related to that dreaded Nightmare Moon, because you and your mother somehow look alike. So, how about I make this a special performance, with you and your mother as my volunteers for a performance?”

The crowd gasped at this, before Comet nervously stood beside his mother.

“Well, how about it? Hm?” Trixie challenged. “Is there anything you two can do that the Great and Powerful Trixie can’t?”

Twilight grew more and more insecure by the second. Even Comet couldn’t make eye-contact with her.

“I—I—” She stuttered.

“That’s it! I can’t stand no more of this!” Applejack retorted.

The farm pony quickly came to Twilight and Comet’s rescue as she walked up toward the stage.

“You show her, A.J.!” Spike cheered.

“Can your magical powers do this?”

Applejack began to show off some of her lasso skills, hopping back and forth through a rope ring. Then she used the rope to grab an apple from a nearby tree. She brought the apple straight towards her mouth and gobbled it down in one bite.

“Whooo!” The ponies cheered.

“Top that, missy!” Applejack challenged.

“Oh ye of little talent,” Trixie replied.

Trixie’s wizard hat began to glow, as she removed it, revealing the glowing magical aura emerging from her horn.

“Watch and be amazed at the magic of Trixie!”

Using her magic, Trixie brought the discarded rope to life. It began to wiggle about like a snake, as she added ‘snake charmer’ music to boot.

Unfortunately, Applejack started looking at the rope in front of her, as she appeared mesmerizingly charmed by the spectacle.

But it was too late to stop now. Trixie grabbed another rope and proceeded to trip Applejack.

“Whoa! Uh!” Applejack muttered.

The cow pony was so distracted, that Trixie had tied Applejack’s legs and pinned her upside down. And to add insult to injury, Trixie used her magic to levitate an apple from the tree and stuffed it into Applejack’s mouth. The ponies just laughed as Applejack rolled off the stage in disgrace.

“Once again, the Great and Powerful Trixie prevails,” Trixie boasted.

Just then, Rainbow Dash flew right up to her face.

“There’s no need to go struggin’ around and showin’ off like that,” Rainbow pointed out.

“Oh?” Trixie asked indignantly.

“That’s my job!”

Rainbow soon took off into the skies, using the nearby windmill to increase her speed as she flew upward. Blasting through several clouds until Rainbow posed in front of the sun before diving back to the surface. As she did, she used her slipstream to collect all of the dew from the clouds, spinning about through the windmill once again, and then came to a complete dead stop before Trixie. As the dew crashed into her, it created a miniature rainbow above her head.

“They don’t call me ‘Rainbow’ and ‘Dash’ for nothin’!” Rainbow said confidently.

The ponies all gave a loud cheer, but Trixie wasn’t impressed.

“When Trixie is through,” She remarked. ‘The only thing they’ll call you is loser.”

Trixie used her magic to make the rainbow above the Pegasus’ head shift into a multi-colored cyclone.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa-a-a-a!” Rainbow screamed.

The cyan pegasus spun around and around and dropped head-first toward the ground, leaving her very dizzy as all the other ponies laughed.

“… I think I’m… gonna be sick…” Rainbow gulped woozily.

“Seems like anypony with a dash of good sense would think twice before tussling with the Great Trixie,” The unicorn gloated.

As Applejack, who managed to get out of the ropes, thanks to Comet, helped the poor Pegasus to her feet, before Trixie used her magic to create a small dark cloud above Rainbow…. which shot a bolt of lightning at Rainbow’s rump.

“Ow!” Rainbow flinched, with a very girly shriek.

The ponies laughing in the audience laughed harder than before, as if this was all part of the show.

“What we need is another unicorn to challenge her,” Spike replied, his claws balled into fists. “Someone with some magic of her own.”

Twilight began to feel rather uneasy about the idea, especially where it was going.

“Yeah! A unicorn to show this unicorn who’s boss,” Rainbow added, fully recovered.

“A real unicorn to unicorn tussle,” Applejack finished.

Comet and Twilight grew more and more uncomfortable when a certain marshmallow unicorn stood before the two.

“Enough! Enough, all of you,” She said firmly. “I take your hint, but Rarity is above such nonsense. Rainbow Dash and Applejack may behave like ruffians, but Rarity conducts herself with beauty and grace.”

While Comet nodded in agreement, it puzzled him why Rarity was suddenly speaking in third person.

“Ooo, what’s the matter?” Trixie teased. “Afraid you’ll get a hair out of place in that rat’s nest you call a mane?”

“Oh, it. Is. On!” Rarity exclaimed fiercely, taking the stage. “You may think you’re tough with all of your so-called powers, but there’s more to magic than brutish ways. A unicorn needs to be more than just muscle. A unicorn needs to have style.”

Rarity grabbed one of the curtains with the magic from her horn, spinning the cloth around her before transforming it into a beautiful gown with Rarity’s mane styled in a beautiful done up-do.

“Ooh!” The ponies gapped in amazement.

“A unicorn is not a unicorn without grace and beauty,” Rarity concluded, with a pose.

“Rarity won’t let Trixie get the best of her!” Spike said proudly. “She’s strong, she’s beautiful, she’s—”

POOF!

GASP!

Spike stopped speaking as Trixie used her magic, leaving every pony stunned.

Quick!” Rarity shouted, panicking. “I need a mirror! Get me a mirror! What did she do to my mane? I know she did something terrible to my mane!”

“Nothing!” Twilight smiled.

“It’s fine,” Rainbow said plainly.

“It’s gorgeous,” Applejack added.

“Never looked better,” Comet smiled awkwardly.

“It’s green,” Spike said.

The little dragon earned himself not just three, but a ‘fourth’ glare from Comet himself.

“What?”

Rarity looked up and before her eyes what she saw was true. Her dark purple mane had suddenly turned a shade of forest green.

“Ugh, no!” Rarity cried out. ‘Green hair! Not green hair!”

Rarity rushed off the stage, crying through the crowds.

“Such an awful, awful color!” Rarity sobbed.

In her haste, she passed a pony named Golden Harvest. Ironically, she had a mane of the same color.

“Well, I never!” She retorted, walking away.

As the others watched Rarity leave, Comet eye twitched in anger. In the heat of the moment, Spike approached Twilight.

“Well Twilight, Comet, guess it’s up to you two,” Spike said, despite their hesitant faces. “Come on, show her what you’re made of.”

Several ponies turned toward Twilight and Comet, expecting the pair to give it a shot.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked innocently. “I’m nothing special.”

“Yes, you are!” Spike protested. “You are better than her! Both of you!”

“We’re no better than anyone! And he’s just a kid!”

But despite her protests, the stares from the ponies increased. Even the cobalt unicorn herself stood at the ready.

“Hah! You think you’re better than the Great and Powerful Trixie?” Trixie questioned. “You think you’ve got more magical talent? Well, come on, show Trixie what you’ve got. Show us all.”

Comet glared silently as he stood behind his mother, while Twilight felt more and more uncomfortable.

“Who, me? I’m just your run-of-the-mill citizen of Ponyville.” Twilight responded, “No powerful magic here. I, uh… I think I hear my laundry calling. Sorry, gotta go.”

Twilight took off suddenly. All the while, Spike and Comet looked on with worry.

“Twilight?”

“Mom?”

“Ha!” Trixie gloated triumphantly. “Once again, the Great and Powerful Trixie has proven herself to be the most amazing unicorn in all of Equestria. Huh, was there ever any doubt?” Trixie asked, taking her leave.

As the ponies just dispersed to their regular business, Spike and Comet looked on toward and Twilight in the middle of the shuffling, troubled by the fact she just ran away. All he could ask to himself is, ’Why?’


Back at the caravan, Trixie was brushing her mane with a mirror near her, until Snips and Snails brought her a drink.

“Here’s the oat smoothie you asked for, with extra hay, just how you like it,” Snips said.

“Mmm, hay,” Snails said.

Trixie levitated the smoothie towards her and sipped hit from the straw, but Snips and Snails were still there, “Yes?”

“Ooo, tell us another story, Great and Powerful Trixie,” Snips said.

“Yeah, tell us about how you vanquished the Ursa Major,” Snails said.

“Guh! Trixie is far too exhausted from performing feats beyond imagination. Begone with you until morning,” she said.

“Oh, of course, Great and Powerful Trixie,” Snails said, as he and Snips started walking backwards.

“Anything you say. We are at your beck and call,” Snips replied.

Trixie was still unamused, “Ah.”

As Snips and Snails kept walking backwards, they heard a voice, “What are you two doing?” It was Spike, along with Comet.

“Just bringin’ the Great and Powerful Trixie a smoothie,” Snips replied.

“How can you two fall for her lameness? She’s just a show-off,” Spike said.

“Yeah, but she’s a really good illusionist, and a good magician, because she’s been practicing, and that’s why she doesn’t like to be disturbed. Plus, she was even so nice to me,” Comet said.

Spike then nodded, “Exactly. Unlike Twilight, who—”

Snips cut Spike off, “The Great and Powerful Trixie vanquished an ursa major. Can your Twilight claim that?”

“Oh really? Were you guys actually there?” Spike asked.

Well, eh, uh... no, but—

“But nothin’. The proof is in the pudding,” Spike said.

Snails laughed, “I like pudding.”

“Come on, Spike. Mom’s probably waiting for us,” Comet said, as he and Spike started to walk home. “I’m telling you, if an actual Ursa Major would really roam the streets of Ponyville, it’d be the end of the world.”

“Yeah. Like that could ever happen, and it’d be the least of our problems,” Spike said.

“Hm, an Ursa walkin’ up the street, hey?” Snips asked, before an idea popped into his head. “Snails! You thinkin’ what I'm thinkin’?”

“Why is it they call it a flea market when they don’t really sell fleas?” Snails asked.

“Yeah, uh... oh, come on!” Snips said, as he and Snails went somewhere else.


Back at the library, Twilight was reading a book, before Spike spoke up, “Twilight, would you put down that book and just listen to me?”

“Didn’t you see how they hated Trixie’s bragging, Spike? If I go out there and show off my magic, I run the risk of losing them as friends,” Twilight said.

“It’s not the same thing, Twilight. You’ll be using your magic to stand up for your friends!” Spike said.

“No, Spike, it’s exactly the same,” Twilight said.

“What’s bragging, Mom?” Comet asked.

“It’s something most ponies talk about one’s achievements or possessions they value most by boasting about how proud they are of themselves,” Twilight explained.

“Come on, Twilight, any one of these tricks, even the teeniest, would be enough to show up Trixie,” Spike said.

“I don’t want to be seen as a bragger like Trixie,” Twilight said, as she conjured a door frame with a door and slammed it shut on Spike’s face. The little dragon wasted no time reopening it.

“But you’re the best!” Spike said.

Twilight then grunted with frustration, “Please, Spike, I said no!”

Spike sighed, “If that’s the way you want to be, then fine.” He then slammed the door shut, while Twilight looked unamused since the door he slammed didn’t ‘really’ shut her and Comet out or lead anywhere. Spike, realizing this, reopened the door and slowly made his way back outside without another word, until Comet walked over to Twilight and placed a hoof on her leg.

“Are you okay, Mom?” Comet asked.

Twilight smiled softly. “I’m fine, sweetheart. I’m just stressed out,” Twilight replied, stroking her son’s mane while rubbing her hoof.

Comet then nuzzled his cheek against her chest, “I understand. You still have me to talk to though.”

Twilight smiled warmly with a giggle, and then hugged the colt back, “I know.”

Later on, in the evening, the three of them, including Spike, who left the library in depression, finished having dinner that Spike made. Twilight was still looking through many books on stage magic. Twilight was smiling as she was reading it while Comet was reading some comic books.

“I still can’t believe that Trixie did such a really easy trick,” Twilight said. “That trick is usually one of the top acts performed.”

“Most magicians take years of practice just to perform certain tricks,” Comet said. “Even Penn and Teller had to practice on tricks similar to that one. I’ve also seen Penn and Teller do a trick, including harder ones on the internet.”

“Internet?” Twilight asked. She then smiled, shook her head and said, “Now I believe you’re making up words and such.”

“Aren’t all words in this world or in my world made up?” Comet asked.

“Touché,” Twilight said, smiling.


Outside the Everfree Forest, Spike was kicking a rock, and was still angry and depressed, “I know Twilight is talented, and so is Comet, or mostly any unicorn here in Equestria, but why won’t she prove it?” Suddenly, the sound of Snips and Snails screaming appeared as they both came out running from something chasing them. “Hey, guys, where are you going?” Spike asked.

Snips kept running breathing hard, but replied, “Can’t talk now.”

“Got a major problem!” Snails said.

“Yeah, Ursa Major, to be exact,” Snips said, until a growling roar shook Spike, as he turned around and saw what chased Snips and Snails away, before he ran for his life.

Snips and Snails shouted, “Trixie!”

Spike shouted, “Twilight!”

As the creature kept chasing the dragon and two colts, it knocked down a few trees while moving.

“Trixie!” Snips and Snails shouted, while knocking on her door with a mingled speech.

Trixie suddenly appeared and saw the two colts, “Trixie thought she said the Great and Powerful Trixie did not want to be disturbed!”

Snips made some nervous laughter, “We— We have a— a tiny problem.”

“Actually, it’s a big one,” Snails said.

“What is so important that you cannot wait until morning to disturb Trixie?” she asked, before the same roaring sound came back, revealing a giant, blue, starry bear appearing with another roar.

Trixie screamed, and ran for her life. Snips and Snails screamed, and followed Trixie, as the Ursa Major stomped on Trixie’s caravan, and roared again.

Back at the library, Twilight was still reading through her book, as she began walking over to her sofa, so Spike came in and ran over to her. Immediately, he jumped towards the ground and then threw himself around Twilight’s legs and exclaimed, “Twilight! I’m so glad I found you! You’ve gotta come! Quick!”

Twilight looked down at him with a confused look, but then made an annoyed look, “I already told you, Spike, I don’t wanna show up Trixie!”

Spike then spoke again, “No, you don’t understand! The whole town! Big danger! Really big! Major! Hurry! Hurry!”

“SPIKE!” Twilight shouted, as Twilight placed her hoof onto Spike’s head. “Calm down. Now, what’s going on?”

Spike then sat up while clinging harder onto Twilight’s leg, “It’s—”

But then, the ground started shaking. Comet then his underneath Twilight and asked, “What’s happening?!”

“I don’t know!” Twilight said.

They suddenly heard a roaring sound, as Twilight suddenly recognized it, “Uh, is that what I think it is?”

Majorly,” Spike replied.


Back at the town square, Trixie, Snips and Snails were cornered.

“Great and Powerful Trixie, you’ve got to vanquish the Ursa,” Snips said.

“Yeah, vanquish so we can watch,” Snails said.

“It took a lot of trouble to get that thing here,” Snips said.

“Wait, you brought this here?!” Trixie gasped. “Are you out of your little pony minds?!”

“But, you’re the Great and Powerful Trixie,” Snips said.

“Yeah, remember? You defeated an Ursa Major,” Snails said.

The Ursa Major roared, as Trixie was still afraid. “Uh, okay,” she nervously gulped. “Stand back.”

Trixie lit up her horn and snake charmer music appeared as a few strands of rope was tied around the giant creature’s index fingers, and nervously said, “Heh. Piece of cake.”

The Ursa growled, and snapped the rope off.

“Aw, come on, Trixie,” Snips said.

“Stop goofin’ around and vanquish it, eh?” Snails said.

Trixie gasped, and then gulped again, as she made a storm cloud with her magic and struck a lightning bolt.

“Well, that was a dud,” Snails said.

“Yeah, pfft, come on! Where’s all the cool explosions and smoke and stuff like earlier? You know,” Snips said.

The next lightning bolt struck the creature on the rear end, and Trixie realized she made a huge mistake, “Uh-oh.”

The Ursa roared, and Snips, Snails, and Trixie screamed and ran off, before the creature made a roar, scaring all the ponies of Ponyville, who began to panic.

Then the three Sparkles, including Spike on Twilight’s back, headed outside to see what was going on, and they saw the giant bear rampaging the town, as many ponies were still panicking.

“What is that?!” Comet asked, with his legs shaking.

“Gah! It’s the Ursa Major!” Spike said.

Twilight suddenly saw Snips and Snails, and Trixie just standing there, “What’s going on?”

“We brought an Ursa to town,” Snips replied.

“You what?!” Twilight asked in shock.

“Don’t worry, the Great and Powerful Trixie will vanquish it,” Snails said. “Yeah! Just leave it to her!” Snips said.

“I… I can’t,” Trixie confessed.

“What?!” Snips and Snails shouted.

“Oh, I can’t. I never have,” Trixie confessed. “No one can vanquish an Ursa Major! I just made the whole story up to make me look better! I just wanted more fans for my magic tour!“

“Made it up?!” Snips and Snails shouted.

“I’m sorry,” Trixie said.

“Mommy, I’m scared,” Comet said, hiding behind her front legs and underneath her barrel. As the ponies were still terrified, Twilight looked around to see what she can do to help. She got an idea, and looked at her son, “Comet, stay behind me.” Comet nodded and then looked away but nuzzled with his mother’s legs as she then took a deep breath and used her magic for a musical wind spell. Some plants suddenly started playing some rhythmically soft music, soothing the giant beast.

“Nice use of number 16, Twilight,” Spike said.

Twilight then used all her magic, without straining herself, and then lifted a big water tower off of its pedestal, and took it through a big red barn, where a bunch of cows were making mooing sounds.

“That’s new,” Spike said.

Twilight then gave the water tower full of milk to the beast like it was a baby bottle, and then she lifted the beast up, sending it to the cave where it originally came from within the Everfree Forest. Twilight was then exhausted as she doused the light from her horn.

“Mom?! Are you okay?” Comet asked, worried about his mother.

“I... I’ll be fine,” Twilight said, before she brought her son over for a hug.

“Wow,” Trixie said. “That... was the most fascinating thing I have ever seen in my life. I’ve seen a lot of things happen, but for you to tame an Ursa Major like that was just... Wow!”

“Unbelievable!” Rainbow Dash said.

“That was amazing!” Spike said, as he and Comet hugged Twilight together.

“Heavens to Betsy! We knew you had ability, but not that much!” Applejack said.

“I’m sorry. Please, please don’t hate me,” Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity were confused, “Hate you?”

“Why, whatever do you mean, darling?” Rarity asked.

Twilight then spoke up, “Well, I know how much you all hated Trixie’s showing off with her magic tricks, and I just thought--”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Magic’s got nothing to do with it. Trixie’s just a loudmouth,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Well, I too don’t like to brag, mostly,” Trixie said.

Most unpleasant,” Rarity said.

“All hat and no cattle,” Applejack said.

“So, you don’t mind my magic tricks?” Twilight asked.

“Your magic is a part of who you are, sugarcube, and we like who you are. We’re proud to have such a powerful, talented unicorn as our friend,” Applejack said.

“And after whuppin’ that Ursa’s hindquarters, we’re even prouder,” Rainbow Dash said.

“You are?” Twilight asked.

Her friends, including her son, nodded in reply.

“Wow, Twilight, how’d you know what to do with that Ursa Major?” Spike asked.

“That’s what I was doing when you came looking for me,” Twilight replied. “I was so intrigued by Trixie’s bragging that I was compelled to do a little reading up on them.”

“So it is possible to vanquish an Ursa Major all by yourself?” Trixie asked.

“That wasn’t an Ursa Major. It was actually a baby, an Ursa Minor,” Twilight replied.

“That... was an Ursa Minor?” Trixie asked.

“If that was an Ursa Minor…” Spike said. “…then what does an Ursa Major look like?” Comet asked.

“You don’t wanna know,” Twilight said. “At least nopony got hurt, physically by the way. And it wasn’t rampaging. It was just cranky because someone woke it up.”

Spike then turned towards Snips and Snails, and shouted, “Why would you two want to endanger the town by bringing an Ursa Minor into town?!”

“We just... wanted to see the Great and Powerful Trixie vanquish one like she said she did,” Snips said.

“We just thought that nopony would get hurt,” Snails said. Both of them were ashamed of what they’ve done.

“You can’t always get whatever you want, you know,” Comet said. “Sometimes... before that happens, you have to really think about your own actions before you do those kind of things, and then just ask yourself, is it really the right thing to do?”

“Wow,” Twilight said. “That was really wise, Comet. Where did you learn that?”

“One of the neighbors at my old neighborhood in my world, Mrs. Fig said it to me one time,” Comet said.

“Huh!” Trixie snorted, pointing a hoof at them. “You may have vanquished an ursa minor, but you will never have the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie! Until next time!” Trixie then threw down a smoke bomb and she disappeared.

“Why, that little…” Rainbow growled.

Rainbow was about to take off after her when Twilight held her back by the tail. By then Trixie ran far away from Ponyville, deep into the distance.

“Just let her go,” Twilight said. “Maybe someday she’ll learn her lesson.”

“Yeah, I hope so too,” Comet said, feeling uncertain. “Now, let’s head on home. It’s bedtime anyway,” Twilight said, and then all of the ponies went back to their homes, and Twilight, along with Spike on her back, and Comet walking by her side walked off.

Twilight then tucked Comet into bed and then went back downstairs.

“So, you finally admit that you’re the most talented unicorn in all of Ponyville?” Spike asked.

“Well, yeah, but it’s nothing to brag about,” Twilight said, as she then thought of an idea for her friendship report.

’Dear Princess Celestia,
I have learned a very valuable lesson about friendship: I was so afraid of being thought of as a show-off that I was hiding a part of who I am. My friends helped me realize that itka okay to be proud of your talents, and there are times when it’s appropriate to show them off... Especially when you’re standing up for your friends.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle’

Author's Note:

This actually means Magic Duel will take place, but I promise I’ll get through everything.