• Published 27th Nov 2021
  • 3,105 Views, 197 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 4) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard all seek to protect Ponyville all while learning more the ways of friendship as the threat of Scar grows.

  • ...
7
 197
 3,105

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 31: Equestrian Games

Episode 31:

Equestria Games

It is that time of the year that has been long coming, The Equestria Games. A day that has got everyone all hyped and ready to attend even the Pride Landers who all had just lost their homes not too long ago. To everyone it was enough to get everyone’s minds off of what has happened lately.

On the big day, most of the Lion and Pony Guard are all riding on over to the Crystal Empire via the train and with the site of the Equestrian Games in sight, there was not a single soul on that ride that wasn’t ready to show everyone of what they can do, especially Rainbow Dash and Fuli, the running relay team captain’s.

As for today, the train was nearing the empire and Rainbow Dash was the first to see the siting of the castle where they will all get to compete. "This just got real!"

“I know right!” Bunga stated while pounding and cracking his knuckles together. “I can’t wait to see the Games in action!”

“Me too, Little B!” Beshte happily agreed. “I can’t wait to see Kion, Fuli, and Kyoga outrun the competition as much as I want to see Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Bulk Biceps to do the same!”

“We’ll see…” Rainbow replied even though out flying her toughest competition is admittedly out of reach given that it’s the Wonderbolts she and her team will be up against. “…we’ll see…”

Ono considered speaking up to voice his statistic thoughts on the matter but decided against to avoid destroying their morale heading into the big day before speaking up with something else. “We’re almost there so it won’t be long now.”

Bunga clenched his fists trying so hard to keep calm for a few more minutes but to him it was so hard for him to do given of how big a day it is for everyone here today.

Everyone else was already occupied in preparing for the games with many of them doing pushups, lifting weights, wing-ups, and pull ups while others like the CMC try to remain mentally focused and keeping themselves too excited since they’ll going first along with their Pride Lander friends in carrying their nation’s flags at the start of the games. In addition, Spike was on board going over and keeping track of everyone’s luggage on the train.

“Everything all right, little buddy?” Beshte asked the little elephant holding the flag while trying not to be nervous about it.

“Yeah…just can’t believe the day is finally here.” He honestly admitted.

“It’s okay…” He assured. “…just remember it’s just you and your friends when out there. Don’t listen to anyone out there. Just go out there and show them what the Guard’s Strongest can do.”

“But isn’t that you, Beshte?”

Beshte chuckled a little. “You know what I mean. Your Guard, you’re the strongest.” Mtoto smiled feeling better from that much needed pep talk from his idol.

“Thanks!”

“No problem!”

Elsewhere Fuli is pacing around the cart while Kion and Kyoga both do some stretches to loosen their leg up. After all, if they have a shot at winning gold they’ll need to be at their peak performance.

So far she was smiling at what she was seeing since they have all trained hard for this day and are all ready to show them that they have earned the rights to that coveted honor.

“Feeling ready, Fuli?” Kion took the time to ask.

“As always, Kion.” Fuli returned as confident as ever.

“Always good to hear.” Kyoga replied with a smile. “The Lion Guard’s Fastest taking the charge in leading her team to victory.”

“Ah, ah, ah...” Fuli gently and playfully chastised. “…save the victory part until after should and when we win.”

“Oh, right. Of course. How silly of me.” Kyoga said with a grin. “For once I’m getting ahead of myself aren’t I?”

“Yep.”

At that moment she joined Rainbow Dash in giving everyone competing words of encouragement.

"Listen up, gang! We're almost there, so I've got a few things to say. First off, who here besides me thinks this is the best Equestria Games delegation in Ponyville history?"

The ponies cheered, while Bunga shouted "Oh Yeah!" alongside the much louder Bulk Biceps who likewise shouted his famous, "Yeah!" while lifting weights.

“And how many of you think of this being a distinct honor in competing in the Games for the first time in both Equestrian and Pride Lander history?” Fuli asked everyone.

“We do!” Everyone shouted.

"And no matter what your sport is, we gotta give it our best, because we've all got a genuine shot at Ponyville gold!" Rainbow added in declaration as she floated a few feet up in the air, with everyone cheering louder than before, especially Spike and Bunga.

"…With the possible exception of Bulk Biceps, Fluttershy, and me." Rainbow added humbly once she lowered down, and the two ponies she mentioned looked at her wondering why. "I mean, we're good and all, but we're up against the Wonderbolts in the aerial relay, so gold's kind of a stretch. Let's not kid ourselves."

"Don't feel bad, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo assured. "We have absolutely no shot at getting gold either!"

"Uh, that's because you're carrying the flag for Ponyville in the opening ceremony. There are no winners." Rainbow pointed out.

"Winners or not, we still have the chance to be awesome!”

“Yeah!” Mtoto agreed. “And like what Beshte said, don’t worry about them, and don’t worry about anyone else. You just go out there and show them what the awesome Rainbow Dash can do.”

“Aww!” Rainbow brought the young elephant in for an affectionate nuzzle while wrapping her hoof around him. “Thank you for the valuable advice from your idol.” She thanked before turning her attention back to everyone else while floating back up into the air. "You hear that, everypony? Winners or not, we all still have the chance to be awesome!" Everyone cheered once more.

"But seriously though, let's still try to win our events, okay?" Fuli added, which prompted everyone to get back exercising…

…All while Scar continues to monitor the events on the train.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about that…” Scar said as he eyed the Crystal Empire castle where the Games are set to be held. “…in regards to me and my team, you can be sure we’ll win our events in the games. Surely, you all won’t object to a few uninvited guests and very…special guest.” He evilly cackled with King Sombra himself grinning in anticipation of what’s about to happen.

When the train reached its station in the Crystal Empire, the bell rang allowing the group of passengers to exit the train. When Beshte tried to step out he ended up getting stuck halfway out.

“Uh, guys, some help please?”

“Coming.” Ono groaned before he, Bunga, Kion, Kyoga, and Fuli all moved to squeeze him out of the tight situation he was in and it sure took a team effort on their part as much as Beshte’s in order to get him out of that one. “Why these trains have yet to make some wider doors, I’ll never know.” He grumbled to himself before making their way off of the train.

Of course like the last three times, the Crystal Empire in its full glory is always a wonderful sight to walk into. A sight that could outshine the shimmer in Ono’s eyes.

“Wow!” The kids all exclaimed at the wondrous sight.

“It’s about as great as…” Gumba began to speak until he quickly remembered that most of the Guard were standing right behind them. “…as the day we earned our marks.”

“What? I thought it was the day…” Shauku asked confused until his partner nudged him in the arm to gesture to said group they managed to duck out of sight the first time they were here. “…oh, yeah, right! Of course! Who could forget that?”

The other kids laughed nervously with forced smiles much to the group’s confusion before shrugging it aside.

Ono however correctly suspected that the kids managed to sneak a trip here without them knowing and decided to act on them. “Are you sure that’s it, or maybe just maybe you managed to somehow sneak a ride here before behind our back’s?” He interrogated the two leaving them a little unnerved by this sudden eye to eye confrontation.

“Holly applesauce!” Apple Bloom exclaimed with her back turned away from the group.

Luckily before he could coax the truth out of them they heard Spike straining and struggling to carry their luggage.

“Spike!” Kion exclaimed upon seeing this while rushing over to help steady the pile of luggage alongside his team.

Some of the luggage from the top began to tip over to the side and nearly land right on Spike’s head before Beshte pushed him out of the way so he can catch it with his back.

“WHOA!”

“Easy Spike, I got you.” Beshte gently assured before placing the suitcase down on the ground.

“Thanks.” He said before making sure one last time they have everything. “Okay…” He said to himself while recounting the enormous pile.

“Everything good, Spike?” Kion asked.

"Yep! I double, tripled and quadruple checked!” He confirmed. “Leave it to Spike, champion gear-carrier for all your gear-carrying needs."

"And the Ponyville flag?" Apple Bloom asked anxiously. "You sure? And what about the flagpole?"

"In with the portable ramp!" Spike pointed towards said case while leaning against the pile causing the wheels of the cart to push back a bit and the dragon himself to fall to his side. “Whoa!” Beshte helped him up to his feet once more. “Thanks again.”

"Give it a rest, Apple Bloom." Scootaloo said to her.

"Aw, she's just nervous, that's all." Spike said as he dusted himself off. "Perfectly understandable."

"I know, I know." Apple Bloom said, "I just can't help it."

“It’ll be okay.” Fuli said as she leaned down to her. “Just try not to think too much of it and it’ll go by fast.”

"Exactly!” Spike agreed. “Don't worry. Whenever I'm afraid I'll forget something or start to panic, I have a simple trick. I count to ten, and by the time I'm done, I've calmed myself enough to get the job done right every time. Easy-peasy, cider-squeezy!"

Suddenly, the group was caught off guard when four crystal pony stallions wearing royal guard armor appeared, both pairs carrying two chairs on their backs. Before anyone can react they swooped down and scooped up the dragon and lion, placing them onto the chairs and galloped away.

"Hey!”

“Put me down!"

They exclaimed upon being whisked away without warning and consent.

"What's going on?!" Kambuni questioned in alarm.

“And why are you taking them?!” Fuli called out to the guards before racing after them. “Wait!”

“Okay…” Bunga shrugged his arms seeing they have to watch over the kids with Ono flying after them. “…guess we’ll meet you there.”


Fuli continued racing after the guards who managed to keep ahead for the most apart at least until she managed to run up just when they both arrived at their destination right in front of the castle. When she finally was able to run up beside them she quickly found herself skidding and sliding to a complete stop when she found herself about to crash into both Princess Cadance and Princess Twilight Sparkle waiting for them.

She just managed to stop herself just when came nose to nose with the purple alicorn princess leaving the former embarrassed when it happened while guards bowed before the two princesses.

“Nice touch.”

“Thanks.”

The two casually shared before the former refocused her attention back to Spike who fell out of his chair when they came to an abrupt halt.

"Spike! Are you all right?" Twilight asked with concern when seeing the dragon frightened by the sudden abduction.

"A thousand pardons, O Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious." One of the Crystal Guard ponies apologized.

“And the same thousand pardons go to you too, Prince Kion.” The other Guard said to the Lion Guard’s Fiercest.

"Huh? Who the what now?" Spike asked as he got up on his feet, clearly confused.

“Any reason for the sudden abduction of us?” Kion asked trying to understand it too.

“Sorry, I probably should have warned you…” Twilight apologized with a slight sheepish smile. “These guards were asked by us to bring us to you right away once you both arrived.”

“They sure both did a very fast and effective job at it.” Fuli remarked still amazed that they were able to keep pace with her while glancing at Ono still heavily breathing from all of the hard flying he just did trying to keep up with them.

“They sure do.” Cadance replied with a smile before turning her attention to the guards. “Thanks for bringing Spike to us." The guards bowed again before leaving. Upon seeing that Spike is still worried about his luggage responsibility, the pink alicorn was quick to wrap a hoof around her to assure him he doesn’t have to worry about it. “It's okay, Spike. We'll have the hoofponies go back and assist Beshte in carrying your bags."

"Uh, can they hang back a second and tell me what's going on first?" Spike asked as he and Kion were being both led inside with both Fuli and Ono confused if they have permission to follow after them.

“Come on.” Twilight gestured them they do have permission to take along before they both followed after them inside.

The two shrugged before complying. They have time before the games. So they have no need to rush especially since it means having a better understanding of any important information in regards to the security measures and whatever plans she has that will require the teams efforts in preparing themselves for whatever Scar has in store for them.


"So Scar’s planning a full-scale invasion of the Crystal Empire here?” Ono asked after Twilight explained to them of everything she knows from when serving as his right-hand pony while Spike was being treated with gentle royal-like fanning from a palm leaf and being fed a colorful assortment of gemstones while resting on the couch. But he was attentive enough to pay attention to the group meeting due to the impending threat on the horizon.

By then the rest of the Guard had arrived so they could be informed too along with both Princesses Celestia and Luna.

“I’m afraid so.” Twilight confirmed while pacing around the room. “He wants to further close in on Ponyville knowing that the Crystal Empire has the means and magic to assist us in going up against him.”

“So if he conquers this kingdom then we’re left without further options to defend ourselves.” Fuli asked.

“Yes.” She answered with a sigh. “If he pulls off this move we’ll be up our backs and without anyone and anything else to turn to. Check.”

“Luckily…” Her brother spoke while taking a turn in giving everyone around them a briefing. “…we have arranged that all ponies and of course anyone gifted with magical abilities will have to go through a disabling spell before entering the arena. This way it will also to prevent any attempted cheating during the games. And furthermore, Kyoga’s siblings will conjure their force field like before in order to keep Scar and his followers out with Kyoga herself joining them after her event in the games, of course.”

“But what about the Crystal Heart?” Kyoga asked. “It’s outside of the arena and there’s no way we can watch over it if we’re all watching the games.”

“You’re right.” Twilight nodded in agreement. “Not all of us but some of us.”

“You mean…?” Ono figured where she is going with this.

“Yes, Ono.” She nodded. “You’ll be our eyes and ears on the lookout for Scar and his army while the rest of the Guard alongside King Simba and his family help keep guard outside of the arena.”

“We’ll still be able to compete in the Games right?” Rainbow hopefully asked.

“Along with being able to watch them?” Pinkie also asked equally hopeful for that too.

“Absolutely. Yes.” Twilight again nodded. “And since the Games are almost ready to start you two along with Kion, Kyoga, and Fluttershy may go and get ready.”

“Yes!” Both the Guard’s Fastest stated feeling pleased with that by high-fiving each other before rushing out of the room along with their teammates so they can get ready for their events.

After they left, Twilight turned her attention back to the others with final instructions. “We’ll take turns guarding the outside of the arena so we can do both. Applejack, Beshte, Rarity, Ono, can I count on the four of you to take the first shift after the opening ceremony?”

“You got it, Twilight!”

“Of course!”

“Affirmative!”

“Your darn tootin we you count on us!”

“Good!” Twilight stated in approval before allowing them to go on ahead inside the arena along with Celestia, Luna, and Shining Armor so they can prepare to watch over the Games leaving just her and Cadance along with Spike remaining with the latter himself now feeling he can go back to relaxing now.

As soon as they left Twilight’s serious expression turned into one of worry hoping to stay on top of whatever Scar has in store for them.

“It’ll be okay, Twilight.” Her former foal-sitter assured with a gentle hoof on her shoulder. “Things always work out in the end.”

“I sure hope you’re right.” Twilight replied still dwelling on the fact that she is the reason Scar is setting up his next attack here today.

"That's right!" Spike agreed, after snacking on his latest gem. "More of the green ones, please? I like the green ones." He asked of the pony feeding him, who gladly obliged to his request.

“So anyways Spike, back to the special reason you’re here…” Twilight then said moving past her worries for the moment while smiling.

“Oh yeah! What is it…?”

“For starters, you’re the one that brought the Crystal Heart to Princess Cadance in time to save this empire from destruction.”

“Right of course! Who could forget that?”

"You are known throughout my empire as "Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious"." Cadance explained to him while Spike sucked on a green gemstone.

"Isn't that awesome? You're a big shot here, Spike!" Twilight said as she him onto the balcony and pointed downwards to a statue nearby the castle. "See that? That's you!"

Spike was fascinated to see that said statue is a statue of him, holding a replica of the Crystal Heart, while nearby crystal ponies took pictures with their cameras.

"Hello, gawgeous!" Spike said while admiring at the glimmering display as he leaned up against the railing in front of him.

"This is why we all hope you do us the honor of lighting the torch at the opening ceremony." Cadance added as she walked out onto the balcony while the pony who was fanning Spike with a leaf came out to continue fanning him. "You'd be the very first dragon in the history of the Equestria Games to do so."

Spike was quick to agree. "Of course I'll do it! And -- bonus -- I can do it with my fire breath!" Spike demonstrated by breathing fire…which incinerated the palm leaf the pony was using to fan the dragon. Spike laughed nervously upon realizing his mistake. “Oops.”

While Spike moved to apologize for that, Twilight on the other hoof looked out on the balcony to see if their enemies are nearby. Thankfully, they’re not here yet.

“Should any of them get inside, they’ll be without magic…” She thought to herself. “It should be a good counter-measure to neutralize Scar’s powers…” But she also thought still troubled. “…but is it enough to stop him along with his army?”

The alicorn’s secret concerns were interrupted when Cadance appeared by her side to check up on her. “Everything okay, Twilight?”

“Yes.” She quickly said which did little from getting her favorite foal-sitter in wanting to know what’s really upsetting her.

“Expect…?”

Realizing that she is not getting out of telling the truth here, she reluctantly confessed. “Expect, I still not sure it’ll be enough to stop Scar’s army. I mean it’ll greatly help neutralize Scar’s powers but the rest of his army don’t have magical powers that can do the same to them.”

“Twilight, half of our security will be out watching from outside of the stadium and we will all be taking turns keeping watch over them in case they show up. Plus Kyoga has her magic along with her siblings powering the dome around the whole Crystal Empire to ensure that they’ll be kept out ” The pink alicorn once more reassured with a hoof wrapped around her back while leading her back inside so they can get seated for the opening ceremony. “If that’s not enough to stop them then what is?”

“If I were able to put my hoof on whatever trick Scar has to mislead us, I’d wish I knew what it is.” Twilight replied unable to give a good answer in response. “And I’d also wish I never had planted the idea into his head in the first place.”

Cadance now understood why she is still feeling uneasy, with everything that happened along with the weight of the empire also falling onto her shoulders, she feels incredible pressure and a heavy responsibility in doing whatever it takes to prevent that from happening.

“I understand.” Cadance said to acknowledge her concerns. “And if I may, can I say just one thing?”

“What?” Twilight was unsure of what she was going to say whether it’s words of encouragement or words of well-deserved reprimand.

“Just try not to be too hard on yourself?” She asked. “No matter what happens as long as you have faith in both love and friendship, the answer to your biggest question will be figured out in time. It always works out in the end, and you always come out bigger and stronger than before.”

“Well…” Twilight blushed at the remark. “…that’s true. I do.”

“Exactly.” Cadance smiled once more. “Now let’s get ready! We got a big event ahead of us today!”


Shortly afterwards, the stadium was all set up and ready for the opening ceremony with so many ponies and Pride Landers all gathered here today for the upcoming Equestrian Games set to kick off shortly. In the areana was a diamond shaped arena where every single event of the games were all set up accordingly. In the center of the arena is the balcony where the tall torch that Spike will light shortly.

Bunga was already getting ready in enjoying the show joining in on cheering alongside Pinkie. Both Beshte and Applejack shared the same excitement with the same mindset of really looking forward to watching these games. And of course Rarity and Ono were both ready have their eyes set on the colorful beauty of the torch lighting ready to see it in action as much as the rest of their friends ready to see the relay events Kion, Kyoga, Fuli, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy will be competing in later on.

Speaking of Kion, he has a special seat for him alongside his family, Mayor Mare, the alicorn princesses, and the visiting dignitaries, dukes, and duchesses. The four royal princesses, all sat at the highest of the seats all on their respected thrones, each with a symbol of their cutie mark on the head of their chairs. Simba, Nala, Kion, and Kiara all had chairs with the images of their faces on them. He’ll join them after his event so that Twilight who’s sitting there won’t be alone and won't have to feel uncomfortable in the face of the resentful Pride Landers leaders in attendance in their booth both Bupu and the Baboon Leader.

"Can you believe what we are seeing?"

"Of all nerve of her to even be showing her face on one of the most important event's of the year."

Both the baboon leader and Bupu loudly whispered so Twilight can hear that to make their disgust towards her perfectly clear.

Speaking of said princess, it took her a few minutes for her to ease into her seat and crown upon arriving. Luckily upon bowing, Celestia smiled and gestured her to sit down at her designated seat right next to Kion’s and Kiara and Cadance waved enthusiastically in her direction to help her feel more comfortable so she'll won't be drawn to the two scowling leaders frowning upon her appereance from down below.

“Good to see you up here, Kiara.”

“Good to see you too, Twilight.”

The two shared with friendly smiles.

“Almost makes you wish you’d want to sit with the others down there doesn’t it?” The alicorn asked getting a good feeling of her preferences.

“Yes, but at least I’ve got you and Cadance and Kion will be joining us shortly.” Kiara shared optimistically.

“Can’t wait to see it!” Twilight shared back with a smile ready to see him along with the others compete. “I’m sure your brother will do great today!”

“I’m sure he will.” She said as they both look down to see the rest of the Mane Six and the Lion Guard, happily cheering on, awaiting for the procession to begin.

"Places for the procession, everypony! Two minutes!" Shining Armor announced to the ponies, each with their own flag, awaiting their cue while wearing his royal captain armor. The CMC along with the young Pride Landers were all excited and all ready to perform their flag routines.

Elsewhere, Ms. Harshwhinny led Spike down a corridor, reciting the instructions he’ll need in order to carry out this task.

"And you're quite certain you also understand exactly what you're supposed to do?" She asked, still speaking and living up to her name.

Spike remained confident. "I stand where you tell me until you give me the signal, and then I walk over and light the torch."

"Mm. Couldn't be simpler."

As the two headed towards the open doors where the arena and the crowd awaits, the lights shined across the area, leaving the dragon with sudden nerves once he stepped out onto the balcony.

He expected a large crowd but not large as in everyone from both worlds here in attendance and that really froze him dead in his tracks.

Ms. Harshwhinny stopped when she noticed that Spike was no longer walking beside her, but instead stuck right at the end of the corridor inside. "Mr. the Dragon, are you coming?" She asked sternly, but the dragon was still stunned in place with lowered ears, shrunk pupils, and nervous sweating falling from his forehead. "Honestly.” She muttered before calling out to some nearby guards. “Would somepony help him walk?" She asked of them feeling impatient already.

The two crystal guards that escorted here earlier came from behind and quickly tended to him by shoving the dragon ahead towards the torch. Even then, the dragon’s heels were still dragging across the floor unable to unfreeze his stunned nerves.

From down below, Shining Armor stood tall like royalty should, as he announced the next ponies introduction. "Now, please welcome the delegation from Ponyville!"

At the entrance, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle held up a hoop with a piece of sheet with the insignia of Ponyville on it. "Ponyville forever! Yay!" they cheered and Scootaloo came shooting right out, riding her scooter right through the paper and carrying the Ponyville flag with the many competitors flying and hopping through it.

First came Rainbow Dash flying out, shouting. "Awesome!"

Next was Fluttershy cheering softly. "Yay."

Bulk Biceps flew out next, stretching his muscles while shouting. "Yeah!"

Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity cheered on, along with Bunga, Beshte, and Ono all very excited to see them appear.

Both Twilight Sparkle and Kiara were both cheering, though in a very un-princess-like way and more like a couple of excited tomboy fangirls watching a wrestling match. Upon seeing the other royal family members and princesses being more composed, both girls toned it down a bit while slightly blushing.

And last but not least one more team had to be introduced.

"And now for the final team competing today…” Shining announced. “…please welcome the delegation from the Pride Lands!"

“In a land where danger is lurking from the horizon of the rising sun…” Mtoto’s voice for all ears in the stadium to hear. “…a place where everything the light touches lays it’s very kingdom. A place where five brave animals venture the Pride Lands to defend it from the Outsiders...”

Cue the kids playing the Lion Guard’s core members like the team charging into battle where the Cutie Mark Crusaders join in alongside them.

“To the Pride Land and Equestria’s end…” Apple Bloom began.

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!” The others finished while the props and background depicting a peaceful and balanced Pride Lands kingdom behind them just when those playing for the Pride Landers team all emerged onto the field. First Kion, then Fuli, along with the elephants, crocodiles, antelopes, zebras, and many other animals representing the Pride Lands.

The huge crowd cheered once more with very supportive and encouraging cheers from their the Lion and Pony Guard along with both Simba and Nala prompting both Twilight and Kiara to join in on the cheering no matter how un-princess like it is.

Both Scootaloo and Kambuni both placed the Ponyville and Pride Lands flags alongside the other flags placed firmly into the ground before riding and running over to join the others standing tall before the torch that is about to be lighten accordingly.

All of said cheering and applauding further increased Spike’s ever-growing anxiety noise appeared to have increased according to Spike's ears. By then he still was frozen with fear, his teeth was clenched along with his fists to the point he didn’t hear Ms. Harshwhinny stomping her hoof. When he didn’t react, she stomped her hoof again.

"This is the signal!" she said while impatiently stomping her hoof. "I'm giving you the signal now!" Spike continued shaking and sweating in place. "Mr. the Dragon!" she exclaimed while appearing right beside him to get him to snap out of standing still.

Spike proceeded to begin climbing up the stairs that lead to the top of the torch for which he would light up with his fire. "Don't mess this up. Don't mess this up. Don't mess this up." He repeated to himself in a desperate attempt to calm himself down. He managed to make his way up to the top of the stairs and right up where the torch is. But when he moved to release his fire breath…nothing came out of his mouth other than a small puff of smoke when he coughed.

"Come on, Spike! Calm yourself!" He said to himself with his eyes widening at the uncomfortable sight around him. "Count to ten. One... two... three... thousand... fourteen thousand... Twenty thousand...! Thirty thousand…!"

But even when counting to a hundred thousand, he was still unable to calm himself down so he can properly breathe fire with the mindset of becoming a failure and laughing stock now surfacing and overwhelming him.

From their seats, The Lion Guard watched on wondering what’s going on.

"What’s going on up there?” Bunga wondered in confusion.

“Is Spike okay?" Beshte asked thinking the same thing.

“I don’t know.” Ono replied wishing that he could fly over to get a better look.

The rest of the princesses and the Royal family also watched feeling concerned with Spike’s sudden stage fright.

"What's wrong?" Cadance asked worryingly.

Spike tried again, inhaling deeply only to release another weak breath accompanied with another puff of smoke.

"Tell me this isn't happening…" He said to himself unable to do anything but shake his body, grind his teeth, and sweat from the tip of his scales to his toes.

Both Twilight and Kiara looked on seeing the distress the little dragon was facing.

"Equestria, we have a problem." Kiara said to the alicorn beside her, who is seeing said problem in front of her.

Spike was just working his nerves out there all while inhaling and exhaling, and coughing. Ms. Harshwhinny was growing increasingly impatient with what she is seeing. "Mr. the Dragon! Would you light the torch already?!"

"I don't know what it is, but I just don't have the stuff today! Did you bring a match?" Spike nervously explained.

"You're a fire-breathing dragon." She countered making his previously asked question pointless.

Spike coughed once more, "Then some cough drops, maybe?" He pleaded to which earned him a disapproving look from the mare. "Never mind. I'll keep trying." Spike inhaled and exhaled constantly with the same results.

Seeing that he needs help, Princess Cadance turned to one of the guards standing by her side. “Somepony go down and help him!" She ordered of him who bowed and galloped away to do so.

Spike opened and closed his mouth multiple times, clicking his head like a match desperately trying to get some fire going to no avail no matter how hard he tried. "Light! Light!" he pleaded to himself in vain.

Seeing that he needs help, Twilight decided to act upon it. After shifting her eyes around to make sure no one was looking at her she tapped her horn to activate her magic and casted a spell to light the torch herself.

"Light already!" Spike cried just when a ring of fire emerged from the torch like his prayers have been answered. He nearly lost his balance before quickly regaining it with his face having scorch stains on it as a result of the sudden flames appearing right in front of him.

The crowd cheered with the torch lit while Twilight sighed feeling relieved.

"Phew!" She quietly said to herself personally feeling it’s a good thing she didn’t have to have her magic neutralized when she walked inside the arena thanks to her own hidden secrets of getting around the place without being detected.

Spike slid down from the ladder, to find both the stunned royal guard, and an equally stunned Ms. Harshwhinny.

"Oh! How did you do that?" she asked.

"I'm… not sure." Spike replied unsure of how to answer it himself.

"Oh, well. Better late than never." Ms. Harshwhinny shrugged.

"Let the games begin!" Shining Armor proclaimed now that the torch is lit.

As the crowd cheered with this announcement, Spike looked on at the torch with his curiosity stirred wondering where and how the torch truly got lit.


After the first game was over, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Beshte, Bunga, Fuli, and Ono who were on patrol were all waiting outside so they could also and most importantly greet the Cutie Mark Crusaders along the Lion Guard fan club.

"Oh! There are our little superstars!" Rarity said as she embraced her little sister when she ran up to her, while Pinkie Pie happily jumped up and down with and held a flag in her mouth. "You were fabulous!"

"Made me sit up proud like a cornstalk in August!" Applejack praised her little sister when she ran up and embraced her too.

"Ya done good, squirt!" Rainbow praised Scootaloo while affectionately ruffling her mane.

“Way to go, Mtoto!” Beshte proudly complimented his little elephant friend while they both shared a friendly hug together.

“You all nailed it out there!” Bunga further praised while hugging both the little mongoose and baboon in his arms.

“Very impressive and dynamic introduction!” Fuli also complimented feeling very impressed with their performance while high-fiving both the ostrich and zebra. “Once again you all captured the team spirit.”

“You all sure did.” Kion’s voice complimented them.

“You all were wonderful out there…” Twilight further complimented the kids while flying on over to greet them with Kion walking over to join them with the kids all eagerly jumping up and down repeatedly expecting the same praise too. “…but does anybody know what was going on with Spike?"

“I don’t know! But from the looks of it he sure must have caught a bad case of Fluttershy-itis if you ask me.” Bunga replied.

“Fluttershy-itis?” Fuli shot a confused glance at him. “You mean stage fright?”

“Yes, exactly!”

“Got it. Though might want to work on your terminology a little more so that Fluttershy doesn’t feel offended, okay?”

“My termo wha…?”

“Ugh! Just work on your choice of words for next time.”

“Ooh! Okay! Got it!” Bunga gave a grin and a thumbs up in response much to the eye-rolling dismay of the cheetah trying to gently correct him.

“Anyways…” Fuli said deciding to move forward with the more important manner. “…he sure had some trouble getting his fire going.”

"But he put things right in time, though." Rarity pointed out leaving the princess feeling uncomfortable.

“Yeah…he sure did.” Twilight said with a nervous laugh.

“…expect…” Kion asked of her while eyeing her for the truth.

"Expect…Actually, it was me." Twilight confessed looking pretty guilty herself. “I didn't want him to be embarrassed, so I cast a secret spell to light it for him."

“Really…” Ono said now able to make sense of it. “…that explains how I couldn’t make out any fire coming out of his mouth. Have you told him?”

"No, but he might have figured it out on his own." Twilight replied.

"You gotta tell him, just in case." Applejack advised.

“Or you could just not.” Bunga advised otherwise before earning glares from the others. “Never mind. Scratch that.”

"I know. I'm just afraid of how he'll take it.” Twilight voiced knowing she doesn’t have much of a choice in the matter. “I know what pride he takes in a job well done."

Just then Rainbow spotted Spike coming towards them. "Psst, here he comes now! Act casual!"

While everyone else moved to greet him normally, Bunga placed his hands back his back and looked aside trying to act all innocent and such while donning a pair of sunglasses along with Rainbow Dash.

"'Sup?" Both she and Bunga said both acting all cool and such.

Kion was the first to speak to him. "Spike! Is everything okay?"

"I guess. I don't know." the little dragon said with his head hanging. "The weirdest thing happened down there."

“How so?” Twilight asked wondering what he is thinking.

"I mean, there I was, trying to light the torch, with all of Equestria watching, and feeling like the hugest failure ever, and then the thing just lit! It was amazing!"

Twilight was relieved to see that he is taking it pretty well. "Oh, phew! I was afraid you'd be upset."

"Upset? Are you kidding? Why would I be upset to discover I can light fire... with my mind?"

"What?!" The entire group exclaimed in shock with what he said instead of realizing the truth.

“But how?” Ono felt the need to ask feeling baffled in response.

But before that question could be answered a couple of crystal ponies both approached Spike both very eager to see him right now.

"Look, look, it's the Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious!" The male crystal pony said.

"Can we get your autograph?" The female pony asked.

"Sure!" Spike happily obliged to their request leading to the male pony handing him a photo of him along with a pencil for him to sign.

"How you saved our Empire last time you were here was really amazing!" The male complimented.

"Aw. You know what else is amazing?” Spike returned the photo after signing it. “Watch this!" He moved to focus his brain on said piece of paper. He truly believed he did it with his mind and wanted to impress them with it. But after a few seconds of concertation nothing happened. The two ponies looked at each other wondering what he is truly doing.

Spike tried to light the picture on fire with his mind, but of course nothing happened. "Don't worry. Once it bursts into flames through brainpower, I'll sign another one for ya. Promise."

“Okay, Spike…” Twilight said with a forced smile while handing the two ponies their signed autograph before she moved to pull him aside. “…I’m sure you’ll get it in time.” She then whispered. “Um, about that could I have a word with you for a moment?"

"Hey, you'd better be careful with that! It might burst into flames later! Delayed reaction." Spike called out to the two confused ponies before turning his attention back to the mare wanting to speak with him. "Hey, Twi, what is it? Hold on, hold on, give me a second…" He rubbed his forehead still trying to futilely to light fire with his mind. "If I can set fire to stuff with my mind, mind-reading must be just around the corner! And I predict that you are about to ask me... to set fire to something with my mind!"

“No…” Twilight shook her head to get him to stop. “…because you can’t.”

"Oh, really? So how do you explain what happened down there in front of thousands and thousands of–"

"I did it, Spike." Twilight interrupted with a confession. "I cast a spell to do it for you."

"In front of... thousands and... thousands…?" Hearing this had Spike’s confidence turn to a downcast expression as he hung his head.

"I'm sorry, Spike.” Twilight apologized. “I just couldn't stand to see you stuck like that! You understand, don't you?"

But the hard truth was enough to have tears forming in the little dragon’s eyes. “I… I... I need to be alone right now."

“Spike!” Twilight tried to call out to him not to walk away but he wouldn’t listen since his head is still hung in shame and his tail was dragging across the ground. “Oh, great…” She groaned to herself even though it was for the best that she told him when she did while the others watch on feeling pity for them.

As Spike walked away, another crystal pony approached him. "O Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious, can I get your autograph?" He asked but it wasn’t even acknowledged when Spike didn’t turn back to him.

"You should probably ask somebody special instead." He replied as he continued walking away.


After the break and patrol, most of the Lion and Pony Guard all walked back inside the arena. So far so good and no signs of evil lurking around and outside the empire just yet.

“Poor Spike. I hope he’s okay now.” Beshte expressed.

“Hopefully.” Ono said feeling that’s the case. “I mean it beats embarrassing himself in front of the entire crowd of ponies and Pride Landers just for the sake of trying to prove his worth to everyone.”

“You really think he’ll try to do something like that?” Applejack asked.

“No, at least I don’t think so.”

“Well at least Twilight will be there for him when he needs it much like when we’re there for her.” Applejack returned understanding that Twilight had a bit of a tough time admitting to Spike of what really happened.

“True, true.” Ono acknowledged just when they all heard Shining Armor’s voice from inside.

"Our next event ...the aerial relay and the running relay!"

"That's Dash and Fluttershy!" Applejack said knowing exactly who is competing in that event.

“Which means Kion, Fuli, and Kyoga will all be competing in the following event!” Ono added in realization.

"Oh, no! We can't be late for that!" Pinkie Pie galloped ahead with the others close behind.

On their way, one of the security guards at the entrance stopped Rarity in her tracks.

"Miss? Step right over here." The pony pointed his hoof to one of the gold-colored magic detectors when one unicorn walked through it with her horn covered with a shiny glow. "Unicorns will no longer be admitted without a disabling spell, to prevent cheating. And make sure you don't even try casting a spell, or we'll know it."

Rarity frowned in response finding the disabling spell idea flawed yet effective and evening the playing fields should Scar show his face in the arena, but still complied. She walked through the detector and when she did a light blue aura of magic en-wrapped her horn so her magic would be disabled during her time in the arena.

"Hmph!" The unicorn huffed with her nose and head up high as she walked forward to meet up with her friends.

The aerial and the running relay had begun. Much like the qualifying session back at Rainbow Falls, three teammates from each team take turns running (flying in the Pegasus ponies case) laps while carrying horseshoe batons in their arms, hooves, and even teeth and tail.

And much like the trail session the running order was first Bulk Biceps, then Fluttershy, and finally Rainbow Dash for Team Ponyville.

As for the Pride Landers, there is Kyoga going first, then Kion, and last but not least the Lion Guard’s Fastest, Fuli, going up against three fast and talented antelope, zebras, and gazelles. Admittedly, all of that “Panicing and Running” sure is paying off for the zebras since they managed to qualify for the Games with their frightened display at Rainbow Falls.

Bulk Biceps had just finished his part of the flight and handed the horseshoe to Fluttershy who flew as fast as she could once the exchange was completed, this time without any incident with the latter faster than their last practice session.

“Come on! You got this!”

“Go, Fluttershy!”

Both Bunga and Beshte cheered for her when the exchange happened before they both focused their attention on Kyoga making her exchange with Kion during the end of the first third of the event.

“Come on Kion! Run for it!” Nala loudly shouted as her son got off to a great start by running off ahead of the other competitors just when they were exchanging the golden horseshoe batons. She then turns and sees the others giving her surprised looks upon seeing her cheer like that. “Excuse me.” She cleared her throat feeling slightly sheepish for what she just did.

Both Kiara and Twilight smirked at her before giving cheers of their own to the Lion Guard’s Fiercest.

“Yeah! You got this Kion!”

“Woohoo!”

They both fiercely shouted while both Celestia and Simba smile and roll their eyes clearly amused by the two sisters cheering on their siblings from the stands regardless of their royalty status.

Back down below, the others are all watching on as both races progress into the second leg where Fluttershy keeps pace with the pack in flight while Kion maintains a slim lead over the pack down on the ground.

“Oh yeah! Kion’s got the lead!”

“But can he hold on to it”

“Of course he can! He’s Kion!”

Both Bunga and Ono shared.

"If Ponyville medals here, we'll have eight medals so far, putting us tied for the lead with Cloudsdale!" Pinkie Pie stated while tossing the popcorn bag upwards, having it land on Ono’s head much to his irritation. Pinkie’s excited smile turned into a worried expression when another thought occurred to her. "Unless Cloudsdale medals here too…!"

“That’s of course depending on what both Rainbow and Fuli do when it’s their turn. And if the Pride Lands medals here then we’ll finally have something on the medal count.” Ono pointed just when both are given the horseshoes needed to continue the relay race when both Fluttershy and Kion handed them the batons. Once they both got the batons they had the entire pack right behind them both in the air and on the ground and both of them sprinted away and cleared as much distance as they can both cover in little to no time flat. While Rainbow was making quick ground on Spitfire, Fuli was leaving the rest of the competition in the dust.

Meanwhile, Spike was still down on his anxiety attack back at the opening ceremony. To him it was his one chance to do something special at the games and he ended freezing right on the spot. Now he just had to find another opportunity to overcome it, so he went straight to Ms. Harshwhinny hoping for something else he can do during the games.

"Ms. Harshwhinny? I know you're really busy, but…"

"What is it?" the pony asked rather annoyed and in her usually harsh tone after she was done signing a paper on a clipboard a security guard was presenting her.

"Maybe there's something else I can do for the Games. Y'know, something really worthy of the Crystal Empire's admiration?" He hopefully asked.

"What are you talking about? You lit the torch for the whole thing!" She replied rather incredulously at his request.

Spike looked down on his feet briefly and kicked the dirt below him. "Uh, well, actually, that wasn't really–"

"That wasn't worthy enough for you?” She rolled her eyes with disinterest. “Ugh, for pony's sake! Next thing you know, you'll be asking to put on a rock concert." She rolled her eyes and scoffed once more. "Celebrities…"

And that’s where Spike got another idea. “Wait, that's it!"

“This is it.” Ono anxiously looked on the race back in the stands.

The egret was now covered his eyes and barely looking when the aerial relay race is now under the final lap while the rest of his friends watch on with eager anticipation.

Rainbow has managed to pull even with Spitfire leaving the two ponies neck and neck, nose to nose with the finish line on the horizon. They both traded the lead into the final stretch until…

Spitfire emerged a good few feet ahead of Rainbow Dash in a photo finish!

At the same time, Fuli has managed to cross the finish line first unopposed after lapping the entire field during her quick running leaving the entire crowd roaring in excitement. Their friends cheered them on, regardless of the outcome

"We got silver!" Applejack cheered, which was just as good as gold.

“And we also got gold!” Bunga also cheered while high-fiving the farm pony.

Ono ended up passing out due to the high anxiety he felt due to how close the race was.

“Oh….”

Rainbow with all things considered acted like a good sport and congratulated Spitfire on a good race, who likewise returned it in kind. Both Kiara and Twilight cheered for them as well both high-fiving together in victory along with the former’s parents knowing that their son has also earned gold for his efforts in leading the team to victory.

The top three relay teams from both events stood on three pedestals in a straight line, with the Wonder Bolts from Cloudsdale as the winners with their gold medals, the Ponyville team as second with their silver medals, and the Griffonstone team as third with brines metals.

As for the other relay event, the Pride Lander team are given the gold medals sinc they won the event, while a team from Ponyville both ended winning silver and the zebra team ended up taking the bronze medals.

"Congratulations to all our medalists." Shining Armor announced as he stood in front the top three performing teams from both events. "And now, the anthem of–"

"And I shall do the honor of singing!" Spike declared while jumping out onto the middle of the field without second thought.

While the crowd cheered him on, his friends were looked on very confused and and worried with what he was doing.

"What is Spike doing?" Ono asked unable to comprehend this sudden decision on his part.

“I have no idea, partner.” Applejack replied still on the same boat in that regard.

“Oh, no.” Twilight said seeing what is about to happen while face hoofing herself seeing that this won’t end well for him.

“He’s dug up a ditch already hasn’t he?” Kiara figured as she spoke to her sister-like figure.

“Oh you think?” She replied in a deadpan manner in answer to her question.

Shining Armor forced himself to smile before approaching the young dragon trying to understand why he’s putting himself up to this. "Spike, what are you doing?!" He asked in a whisper.

"You know how they always just play the music?" Spike asked before speaking directly to the crowd so they can hear him. "Well, I know all the words to our anthem, and will sing them for you now, loud and proud, to the enjoyment of all!"

“Huh?” Both Beshte and Bunga spoke together

“What?”

Kion, Fuli, Bunga, and Ono all said highly surprised with that statement.

But it was no use since the spotlight was already shining on Spike and he really wanted to do this so figuring that he knows what he is doing even though he wasn’t actually given the honor himself, Shining Armor then announced with further ado…

"And now... um... the Cloudsdale anthem, as sung by... Spike!"

The spotlight shined on Spike, who was now completely caught off guard by the announcement as he expected he would be singing Ponyville’s anthem instead. "Wait! The Cloudsdale anthem?"

"They only play the anthem for the winner, Spike!" Shining explained in a hushed tone. "The Wonderbolts are from Cloudsdale!"

"But… But I don't know the words to the Cloudsdale anthem! I've never even heard it!" He quickly tried to say to no avail, he had already committed to this so now he has to honor it.

Once more, Spike suffered a sudden anxiety attack with all eyes on him, especially since he truly doesn’t know the lyrics to the national anthem of Cloudsdale.

"Sing for us, O Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious!" One pony called out from the audience.

Spike cleared his throat once the music started before preparing to sing it the best he could even though he had no idea what the proper words to the national anthem were.

“Oh, we're the Wonderbolts and we're super fast

And we're from Cloudsdale which-is-a-part-of-Equestria

That we like best and we're proud and we're fast and we like it because it really has nice trees.”

Spike laughed nervously as the audience watched on with covered ears along with horrified expressions along with wincing at the terrible performance.

“Yeah, we love the town because it's so cool and, and we like to fly really fast and everything like that.”

While this was happening his friends from the Lion and Pony Guard in the stands were all watching in horror at what they were seeing Spike doing. Ono closed his eyes while still flying while Fuli and Beshte looked on just mind-boggled alongside with Applejack and Rarity with what he is doing. Pinkie Pie and Bunga were the only ones who were actually enjoying the song, with the former bobbing her head to the music with a wide smile on her face and latter was dancing along with the beat.

"Must be a remix!" she said.

“Probably.” Bunga agreed.

Kiara and Twilight face-hoof / face-palmed themselves, feeling very embarrassed for Spike putting himself up to this as he continued singing very badly. Rainbow, Kion, Kyoga, and Fuli's eyes were both wide in shock, not knowing exactly what to say about this, while Fluttershy shielded her eyes not wanting to watch this mortifying display of singing anymore.

“I kinda wish this was over 'cause it is... n't... yet... over... now.

Oh, we're the Wonderbolts and we're super fast and we're cloud– from Cloudsdale

We like it there 'cause it's really nice and the trees are cool and I hope it is over now

And... it keeps going on, la la la

And we really love the town

So I wish that this... song... was over now.

Over... now.

Over... now.”

The lights turned back on when the music finally stopped. All that was heard was the sound of a baby crying in the arena filled with stunned silence along with both Pinkie Pie and Bunga happily shouting out.

"Nailed it!"

Poor Spike. Once again, he managed to find a way to further embarrass himself instead of making himself look good.

“Probably should have waited until after the aerial relay before deciding to do our national anthem instead…” Kyoga muttered under her breath. If she had known, that Spike wanted to sing beforehand, she probably would have been able to talk Spike out of it. But regardless, the damage had been done, and Spike was left rushing off the field feeling very embarrassed of what he had just did in front of everyone from both worlds again.


After the disastrous performance Spike retreated to his room unable to face anybody after what happened back there.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders along with Lion Guard fan club were the first to peek into the little dragon’s room to try to check up on him. There they saw that he is already moving to gathering his belongings so he could leave.

"Spike, you comin'?" Apple Bloom asked once they spotted him.

"Nah, I got this stuff to pack up." Spike sadly declined.

"But you've been moping in here for almost the entire Games." Kwato pointed out.

"And tonight's the closing ceremony!" Sweetie Belle added to try to persuade him into coming back.

“And I’m sure this is something you don’t want to miss out on.” Mtoto further pleaded for him to reconsider.

"And I’m sure that means we leave tomorrow. Ergo, the packing." Spike replied still not interested and mortified of what he did out there.

“But come on Spike…” Bunga said to him while walking inside alongside Beshte. “…we’re talking about something that only happens every four Equestrian years. Surely you don’t want to leave just yet.”

“I really do.” He replied without second thought and glance.

Beshte stepped forward to take a crack at it. “Come on Spike, if anything nobody is making fun of you or feeling offended with your performance just earlier. I think everyone is more than willing to put it aside and forget it even happened.”

But even that said did little to improve his mindset. “Yeah, right. Either everyone remembers what you did and won’t let you live it down or everyone will just act like what happened never even happened even though it did. There’s no denying that I was a joke back there. Twice. I still am a loser no matter how you look at it.”

“But that’s not what I was trying to say.” Beshte tried to say otherwise.

But Spike still wasn’t having it. “I know but there’s no point in trying to say anything otherwise. What’s done is done and you can’t change the past.”

“But that doesn’t mean you should isolate yourself from everyone over it.” Bunga tried to insist otherwise.

“And everyone makes mistakes every now and then.” Beshte added. But their words still did little in bringing a smile on his face. “Please come back with us.”

“Look I appreciate your concern but no thanks. Now if you’ll excuse me I got to finish packing.”

With nothing else that can be said, the Lion Guard’s Strongest and Bravest both left the room so he can continue packing his things. They both tried to be kind and sympathetic about it but it wasn’t enough to get him to reconsider and put it behind him.


Inside the arena, Shining Armor made another announcement to the crowd.

“And so the Games conclude as they always do, with the ice archery finals!" While he said this he gestured towards said area where there are four targets with snowflake images on the center of each one along with ice-made bow and arrows on the opposite end of the field. Essentially its archery yet everything is made out of ice and ponies would use their mouths since they don’t have hands. “Ice archers, take your places!”

"Too bad Ponyville doesn't have any ice archers competin'." Applejack commented. "We don't have anyone to root for."

Pinkie Pie smiled not bothered by the fact as she wrapped her hoof around her friend. "That's okay. Ponyville has thirty seven medals, and Cloudsdale thirty six, not to mention that the Pride Lands now have thirty-five so looks like we'll be medal champs of the Games anyway! Woo-hoo!"

"But Cloudsdale has two ice archery finalists down there now!" Rainbow Dash pointed out with her eyes focused on the two Pegasus ponies competing alongside the others. “If they both place, Cloudsale wins the medal count!"

“And the same could be said for the two teams competing for the Pride Lands should they place.” Ono added while eyeing the egret and the elephant archer’s competing alongside the ponies.

"So you're saying that it all comes down to this one event?!" Pinkie asked now shock upon realizing what’s truly at stake here.

"Pretty much." Ono said flatly.

Pinkie Pie was now jumping up and down from their seat shouting. "Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh!"

By then both Kion and Twilight had walked down the stairs right by the rows their friends were sitting in and found themselves with a sudden greeting from Pinkie Pie appearing right in front of them, standing on the head of a random crystal pony.

"Twilight! Kion! Come take these extra seats next to me and freak out over the medal count! I'll show you how: Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh!"

"Actually, we were looking for Spike." Twilight replied while politely decling her offer, "Have you seen him?"

"He wouldn't come." Beshte replied while shaking his head sadly.

"Even after we tried to tell him that he would be missing out on an experience that happens ever four years." Bunga added still baffled that he would still refuse to come out of his shell after something that he finds is easily forgettable.

"You can have his extra seat, though." Pinkie offered only to realize that the two had suddenly disappeared. "Uh… Ki…Twi?"


After packing his belongings, Spike proceeded to lay back on the sofa in his room, blowing on a single pillow feather and watching it float up and down. It was the best he could do for the remainder of the games since he didn’t wish to return and was bored, not that cared in the slightest. He could just picture the humiliation from his performance at the games happening in his mind. He would be laughed at from here to Saddle Arabia and Cloudsdale. Nobody would ever want to do business with him or want to be his friend. A black mark on his record that would remain no matter how much redemption he sought.

"Spike?" the voice of the alicorn princess calling his name causing Spike to sit upwards in surprise, accidentally swallowing the feather in the process.

"You in here?" The Lion Guard’s Fiercest called out further startling him even more. He quickly reached for an already packed suitcase and opened it up in a hurry, causing everything inside of it to burst out and land on top of him and then popped his head out of it.

"Uh, yeah! I'm super-busy!" Spike replied just when the two walked into the room. Unlike the kids along with the honey badger and hippo both the prince and princess were both already annoyed and had enough of this. "Look at all this packing left to do, heh. Crazy, right?"

Twilight wasn’t buying his excuse. "No more hiding out! You're coming with us. Now." She firmly stated.

“Kion…” Spike pleaded with him to back him up here but he too wasn’t taking no for an answer.

“Sorry Spike but enough is enough!” He firmly stated.

Spike knew there was no negotiating with these two when they were being firm. If he didn't comply they would just drag him out of the room.

"Okay, fine. I'll come. Can I at least wear these?" He asked as he took out a pair of black sunglasses and a tan brown fedora hat.

The two complied with his wishes since it still means getting the little dragon out of the room and not cooped up inside in shame.


Back at the games, the team were watching the ponies shoot arrows at their targets. Ono was particularly curious of how this version of archery works since the ice spreads onto the target upon impact.

“So how exactly does this kind of archery work out if the ice sticks to the target upon impact?” He asked.

Rainbow was more than happy to explain it the Guard’s Keenest of Sight. “Compared to regular archery this kind of archery counts on the ice sticking as the first person to cover theirs with ice wins this competition and if you’re looking for favorites, keep your eye on number seven from Cloudsdale – he's the favorite."

“Of course.” Ono nodded. “I think I get it now.”

Back down below the stands, both Kion and Twilight walked ahead with Spike behind them still in his disguise. Although, a little dragon is still easy to spot even wih the coat, fedora, and sunglasses.

"Honestly, Spike, I don't see why you're being so hard on yourself." Twilight said trying to understand his self-imposed burden of feeling ashamed of himself.

"I let everypony down. Twice. You two never let anypony down, so you don't have any idea what that's like." Spike explained to which got the two Guard leaders to stop in their tracks.

“Are you kidding? I’ve totally let others down." Twilight said in response to that greatly feeling she can beg to differ on that.

“Me too!” Kion also stated in agreement with the alicorn princess. “I mean I may not have turned evil but I still have my share of times of where I’ve made huge mistakes. Like when I didn’t take my sister being temporary queen for a few days very well, when Reirei and her family duped us into letting them stay in the Pride Lands, or when I nearly killed my mom and Twilight by accident, or when I let my past grudge with Makku get the better of me, and got tricked into using the Roar on the volcano in the Outlands.”

“And some of those were my fault as well.” Twilight added while apologetically looking in the young lion cub's direction. “If I had taken the time to properly explain myself that I truly felt Makku truly had nothing sinister floating during the Savannah Summit and hadn’t given into Scar’s manipulations then both of those messes would never have happened and I wouldn’t have been the one to trick you into using the Roar in anger.”

“But everything still worked out in the end.” Spike pointed out. “Well almost everything.”

“Point being, we’re not above messing up.” Twilight then said to get him understand what they’re trying to say. “The torch got lit, the aerial relay teams got their medals -- no harm, no foul."

"No. You lit the torch. I had only one job to do and I blew it." Spike corrected hung his head and tipped his hat lower, covering his face. "Can we at least watch from inside there? I'm not sure I'm ready to face crowds in the stands just yet." He then turned away to walk back into inside to avoid being seen.

Just then Twilight’s true understanding of Spike’s situation hit her. “Of course.”

“What, Twilight?”

Acting quick, the purple alicorn quickly teleported right in front of Spike to get him so she can continue talking to him. “I think I get it now.”

“What, Twilight?” He asked not bothering to look up until she had him do so by lifting his chin up.

“When you froze back at the opening ceremonies you felt like you let everyone down but everyone says you didn’t. Yet you got a sole drive of wanting to redeem yourself and make it up to everyone.”

“So?”

“I know what it’s like…from every day I’ve been back here I’ve had to deal with ponies giving me a warm welcome and to others giving me the cold shoulder. Even though I have been showing that I am no longer the mare that nearly destroyed Ponyville I still have this burning desire to want to make it up to everyone. To redeem myself for helping everyone’s worst nightmare resurface. And yes I even did that literally.” She quickly added.

“Of course.” Kion understood what she is saying. “Because even with the given kindness you are feeling like it isn’t enough and the only way to feel like you can truly feel like you’ve earned keeping your crown and reason to stay here is by undoing what happened in the past.”

“Believe me when I tell you that I would put my life on the line just to get the Pride Lands back but of course like I said there’s no going back to the past.” Twilight said in response when she turned towards him as he walked up beside her.

The more and more Spike listens to this and seeing how much Twilight can really relate to him had him reconsider going back into hiding as he continues taking it all in while understanding that there was no harm no foul in what happened earlier aside from his self-imposed disappointment.

As the archers continued shooting arrows at the targets, one of the ponies lost his balance, and ended up stumbling into the bucket of arrows and accidentally shot it upwards into the sky. The arrow hit a cloud, and caused ice to form on the cloud overhead of the arena. Before everybody's eyes, the ice began to take shape, encrusting the cloud in its icy spell. The ice began to weigh the cloud down, at first slowly but then it began to pick up speed, with chunks of ice falling down, the chunks hitting the ground like meteorites plummeting to earth. Ponies all around galloped for their lives, screaming in terror as the ice came falling down, hitting the bleachers and the arena.

"No!" Shining Armor exclaimed in horror.

“Hapana! All of that ice is going to all land right on top of us!”

“We’ll be crushed!”

Both Ono and Bunga exclaimed with equally horrified expressions as everyone else.

Spike removed his glasses, also horrified to see what was happening now while both Twilight and Kion also both shared the same horrified expression along with the royal sisters, who immediately flew upwards to protect their subjects by pushing their weight up against the massive ice in an effort to slow it’s descent off for as long as they can.

Kion immediately took action, sending out commands to his comrades. "Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, you and all of the pegasi ponies steer it towards the field away from the crowd! Fuli, Kyoga, Bunga, Ono, and Beshte, get everyone out of here now!”

“Come on everyone, let’s go!” Simba barked to everyone from the stands while helping in leading everyone to safety.

They all obeyed without question. While the stadium is being evacuated, Twilight joined in with the royal sisters in helping in keeping the crowd safe from the ice before being joined by Rainbow, Fluttershy flew up, along with many pegasus ponies they were all willing to help them out. With the power and strength of their muscles every winged pony tried their hardest to try to keep it from falling to the ground, but unfortunately it was too heavy to lift upwards.

"It's no use!" One pony exclaimed, "The ice is magic, it'll take a huge amount of magical fire to melt this!"

"Somepony cut the disabling spell!" Shinning Armor called out to the security team.

"There isn't time!" One of the guards called back.

“Sorry to have to do this but…” Kion thought before speaking out loud. “Everyone hang on quick!”

“Brace yourselves!” Twilight yelled out to everyone knowing that he is planning on using the Roar on the ice.

“Ready, Kion!” Spike said as Kion prepared his stance as the clouds above him began to form seriously.

“Now!” Kion shouted while on the same page and locking eyes with the large descending ice heading downwards.

By releasing his mighty Roar of the Elders at the same time Spike jumped he leaped up off of Shining Armor’s back and leaped his way into the Roar’s path so he can breathe his fire right at the ice to melt it.

But before doing so he had time to shout a warning.

"Fluttershy! Move!"

Fluttershy and the other Pegasus ponies flew out of the way when the command was unleashed to where Spike unleashed his fire breath right at the ice which quickly melted thanks to Kion’s assistance. When Kion finished roaring, Spike landed back on the ground and managed to pull out an umbrella in time to shield himself the brief downpour of rain, from the melted ice.

Once everyone was safe, the entire crowd cheered and applauded where the whole Guard and Royal Family came over to personally congratulate him for what he just did out there with Kion high-fiving Spike for providing his well-timed assistance.

“Way to go, Spike!” Beshte proudly said to them.

"That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash happily said as she did a flip.

“Couldn’t have done it better myself!” Fuli complimented with a grin.

"I just wanted to thank you personally for saving those ponies and the Games, O Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious." Cadance gratefully said to him while bowing before him.

“You must be very proud.” Kyoga said to Spike while placing a paw on his shoulder with a smile.

"I guess." Spike however shrugged sparking shock amongst the others.

"You guess?!" Everyone asked completely stunned by his response.

"I just saw what needed to be done and reacted. Nothing special. if anyone else could do that, they'd have done the same."

"Forgive me for bein' blunt, Spike, but you're not makin' a lick of sense." Applejack said in response.

“Yeah, if it weren’t for you we’d all be grounded by all of that ice by now.” Bunga added to which earned him frowns and glares from the others from his attempted joke. “Right, too soon.” He apologetically said while fiddling with his claws.

"Well, it's just how I feel."

Twilight approached him as she spoke. "Spike, I'm sorry for what happened earlier but you know what? You keep saying you let everypony down, but we all keep saying you didn't. You know who's really disappointed in you, Spike?...You. And only you can make it right with you again. What would that take, Spike?"

"Meh, I don't know. Can you turn back time? 'Cause I'd sure like a do-over on that opening ceremony."

"We can't turn back time…” Cadance said but then asked of him. “…but, would you do me the great honor of lighting fireworks in my place at the closing ceremonies tonight?”

Twilight squatted down to Spike’s eye level to encourage him into accepting the offer. “Come on, Spike. You saved the Crystal Empire twice! I think you can light some fireworks."

Spike gave it little thought before answering. "Mm, I guess I have to at least give it a shot."

“And we have no doubt that you’ll do well at it.” Twilight assured while smiling and hugging him by wrapping her left hoof around his body affectionately.


As the games came to a close, each flag of each town and city was risen up on each flag pole to congratulate all of the participating teams.

Pinkie Pie jumped up and hugged her friends. "We did it! Ponyville won the medal count, and only by one medal!"

"Hmm, wonder which medal that was?" Rainbow said with a grin before she and Fluttershy showcased their silver medals. "Bam!"

“Not bad, not bad.” Fuli returned the same grin. “Considering the Pride Lands managed to make a race near the end by taking third in the medal count.” She said while she and Kyoga showcased their gold medals.

Applejack wrapped her hoof around her little sister and ruffled her mane. "How does it feel to have opened the best Equestria Games in Ponyville history, squirt?"

"Probably as good as it feels to close them!" Apple Bloom replied.

“And you, Mtoto?” Beshte asked his little brother like figure. “Was it pretty good too?”

“Good?” Mtoto asked back like he was confused. “It was awesome!” He smiled just when Kion was finally able to walk down and join the others in the stands while still wearing his crown and medal.

“Glad to hear.” Kion smiled before thinking of a little something in mind. “Almost as great as before?”

“Well…I wouldn’t say that…” Mtoto replied without realizing it causing the other kids to turn their heads towards him shocked and uneasy with what he is about to say unintentionally. “…between now and from how you described it back then makes it hard to say…” He then realized what he just said while the others cringed while the Cutie Mark Crusaders cringed with their big sisters right behind them. “…I mean, uh oh.”

“Nothing to worry about.” Twilight gently assured while floating over their heads. “Besides…I know that you did visit here before.”

“You do?!” Both Shauku and Gumba exclaimed without thinking now seeing that the cat is out of the bag. “Oops!” They both said while covering their mouths upon realizing their mistake too late.

“Ah ha!” Ono exclaimed while flapping his wings upon this tricked confession coming out. “I knew it!”

“Easy Ono.” Kion said with a calming paw on his chest before turning his attention back to the kids. “But of course we’ve managed to figure it out beforehand.”

“Really?” Kwato asked.

“Yes.” Twilight nodded while being gentle about it. “When we were first meeting you at the train station from when we last visited the Crystal Empire, I picked up on the fact that you a little nervous when talking about the snow globes from here.” She then recalled to when she was awaiting for Princess Cadance on the day she visited Ponyville. “Then when I was at the train station the other day I had a little chat with the train conductor who told me that he thought he saw a group of kids stowing away when we were away and that’s where I connected the dots and figured it out from there.”

“Then why didn’t you say anything up to this point?” Kambuni asked.

“Because we felt it was only fair that you come to confess it yourselves rather than force it out of you.” Twilight replied softly with Kion joining her by her side when she landed in the stands. “While it’s true there’s no harm no foul here, we’re telling you this because we want you to be more careful going forward because you could wind up getting yourselves in a predicament without realizing it.”

“That’s true I mean you could wind up captured or mugged or…” Ono tried to speak until he heard Kion clear his throat.

“Ahem!”

“Right…” He nodded before finishing with. “…along with other things that no child their age should have to experience.”

“Anyways…” Kion said with that out of the way before taking a turn talking to them. “…consider this a friendly warning for next time because we strongly discourage the idea of sneaking away outside of the Pride Lands and Ponyville unsupervised."

“Got it.”

“Understood.”

“Yes, Twilight, Kion.”

“Won’t happen again.”

“No more secrets going forward.”

“You three get that…?” Applejack asked her little sister and her friends alongside Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

“…that there will be no more secret trips behind our backs…?” Rarity added.

“…along with risking having to worry your older sisters?” Rainbow finished with Fuli standing beside them.

“Uh-huh.” The three fillies all replied and nodded with their heads hanging in defeated shame.

“And don’t worry, we won’t tell your parents about it…” Fuli assured before sternly adding. “…this time that is.” She then smiled. “But for now let’s watch the closing ceremonies, okay.”

“Okay!” The kids all cheerfully replied ready to see it just as it was beginning.

The crystal guard ponies marched across the arena, while Cadance and Shining Armor stood in the center of the field before them, with Ms. Harshwhinny and Spike standing beside them.

The orange pony, for once, actually smiled at the little dragon. "Okay, it's time!" Ms. Harshwhinny said to Spike gently for once along with smiling while addressing this time around.

Spike walked up to the line of fireworks ready to be lit. Like before a little nervous at first, but then he remembered what he had done today so he had nothing to fear and worry about. Not to mention, he knows someone who has veered into the dark side as a result of her mistakes in the past who can relate fully well to his plight. With a deep breath, Spike released a great green breath of fire, which lit up the fuses on each of the rockets, sending them flying and going off into the night sky, illuminating the stadium with a wonderful and sparkling display for fireworks.

"You know, it's kinda weird. No matter how many times others tell you you're great, all the praise in the world means nothing if you don't feel it inside. Sometimes to feel good about yourself, you gotta let go of the past. That way, when the time comes to let your greatness fly, you'll be able to light up the whole sky."

After the fireworks were set off, Spike smiled with pride with his accomplishment and the fact he can sleep well tonight after another job well done while everyone watches and enjoys the dazzling display of fireworks in the sky…


…well, almost everyone since Twilight who really enjoyed the show had her thoughts about Scar and his army resurfacing once more and had her secretly sneaking out of the arena once the show came to a close.

They had the entire perimeter surrounded with a protective spell keeping anyone going through and under the force field, guards at every inch inside and outside of the arena. Each member from the Guard along with the royal family took turns patrolling and scouting outside of it on the lookout for them but not one sighting of them. Not even Kyoga and her sibling’s magic detected from the dome while they were out on patrol in the last hour.

Thinking back to the last time of how Scar and his army got in, had Twilight think and wonder. “If they were able to get in even with magic and eyes guarding the kingdom then that would mean…”

Twilight gasped when the realization hit her. “They would have snuck in through an underground tunnel!” But then she thought. “But if they managed to get in that way even with the protection spell then where would they have…” She looked around the area with a strange eerie sense of danger lurking around that a well-experienced prey can detect.

At first after a good few seconds of looking around she felt and detected nothing at first which seemed to calm down the alicorn princess slightly once she ran a quick fly and scan around the empire back to the arena along with double-checking her surroundings twice.

“Huh? After all of that, you’re a no show.” She thought through the calm and quiet silence of night surrounding her and in the shadows with nearby light from the stadium just in front of her. She then smiled in relief while shrugging before turning around and moving to head back inside the stadium…

“Am I?” Scar asked.

…causing the young alicorn princess to open her eyes and found herself freezing just an inch away from his chest and evilly smirking with the Outsiders all surrounding the stadium all while making their way inside with their leader standing in the lavender mare’s way from protecting them.

“Scar!” Twilight exclaimed in frightened shock for being caught off-guard once more when she least expected it who bared his claws as he prepares to duel her for the rights of claiming the Crystal Empire.

“Yes Twilight and Surprise!” He playfully and returned in a sadistic manner while locking eyes with her and spreading out his black demonic wings and having his black devil horns appear on the top of his head sparking with fiery dark magic. “So…shall we begin?”

Twilight found herself emitting a small and scared gulp before sporting a brave look of determination ready for that fight and to try to stop him from hurting more ponies in his wake while warming up her magic and spreading her wings.

“Bring it!”

And so begins the fateful duel for the Crystal Empire as the Outsiders close in on everyone inside the arena while Twilight finds herself locked in a duel with their all-powerful leader...


Inside the arena, the head security guard spotted the Outsiders making their way towards the entrance and up the stairs.

“Alert the princesses immediately! We’ll hold them off as long as we can!”

One of the guards proceeded to do so before being quickly intercepted by the changeling queen smugly smirking as she cuts him off.

“I don’t think that’ll be necessary.” She said while flaring her horn to charge her magic to paralyze him right on the spot.

The guard released a loud agonizing scream before collapsing and passing out onto the ground.

Fortunately, his scream was heard by everyone heard inside who all turned their heads in worry and shock knowing full well what this means…

“He’s here.” Simba grimly spoke knowing that if security has already been taken out then by his Scar and his army then they are already facing off against them now.

“No question about that, Simba…” Zira sinisterly said to him while she and her two children appear on the east side of the bleachers with her eyes locked on the king himself.

“He’s here and around!” Janja added with an evil cackle while he and his boys block off the west side of the bleachers.

“And here to take over this Empire! My Empire!” Came the voice of the dark master of magic causing the crowd of crystal ponies to start panicking when they saw him returning in his former glory over the south end of the bleachers.

“Hevi Kabisa!”

“How can this be?!”

“King Sombra!”

Kion, Princess Cadance, and Shining Armor all exclaimed just completely caught off-guard by what was happening right now.

“Where does Scar keep finding the time to recruit and bring new allies to fight for him?!” Rainbow exasperatedly questioned out loud while trying not to show fear at the massive army the lion-alicorn hybrid had at his disposal as the jackals make their way inside the stadium from the north, and Lightning Dust leading the vultures into the stadium through the open-roof top from above.

“Probably while you were wasting your time kissing up to those Wonderbolts you lost to!” Her old rival taunted while floating over her head.

Rainbow had to quickly sprint away in flight to avoid being sucker punched by her and then moved to whack her opponent in the eye with her silver medal before flipping around and bucking her right in the face to send her crashing onto the playing field on her back. Lightning after seeing that her nose is bleeding from the kick, growled in response before charging right back at her to resume their duel together by duking it out in the sky hoof to hoof, fist to fist.

While this was happening, Zira made her charge against Simba once more trying to swipe his face with her claws. Simba having faster reflexes was quick to block each attack she threw at him before backhanding her a good few feet across the field before charging to pounce on her with Celestia flying in to assist him with Nala running alongside her to join in on the fray while the other lionesses leap into action against her pride.

Rarity deciding to get serious flipping her curly mane as she took her charge against the jackal leader by firing the hottest beam she could fire at her. The attack had her yelping and tumbling down the stairs as a result. Rarity had to groan and rub her head for a moment before moving to give her a good whiplash from her long curly tail and karate kick.

“Okay, pretty girl…” Reirei sneered back. “…you asked for it!” She roared and moved to tackle the unicorn by pinning her to the ground.

She tried to take a bite at her throat but was kicked in the stomach and held by the throat as she performed a head-butt right at her so she can free herself. Because of the impact, Rarity had to rub her head once more before preparing to work her magic in fending off of the furious jackal.

“You shouldn’t have come here, Janja!” Kion shouted at his foe with Applejack standing by his side.

“Y’all have some nerve launching an attack like this on this here day!”

“Sorry but not really…” Janja said mockingly. “…besides it wasn’t really my idea.”

“Hee-yah!” Applejack proceeded to buck Janja right in the face to send him tumbling into the stands before charging in with her lasso ready to use it against him and his boys who have come to back him up.

“Hapana! Incoming changelings!” Ono alerted everyone.

“Not for long!” Bunga shouted before turning to Pinkie who grinned and prepared her party cannon. “Cause your about to get your just desserts! Hit it Pinkie!”

“Fire in the hole!” She shouted before launching multiple pies right at them knocking each and every one of them down on every shot. Just when the changelings tried to get up to recover they find themselves swept off of their feet and bowled over by both the Guard’s Fastest and Strongest.

“Huwezi!”

“Twende Kiboko!”

At the same time both Shining Armor and Princess Cadance find themselves facing off against King Sombra himself in the fight for the Crystal Empire and needless to say, neither one of them were prepared to face off against the resurrected tyrant. In fact, even with the two of them going up against him, King Sombra still had raw power from his dark magic at his disposal, fueled with more fiery determination than the two ponies combined in wanting to win this fight.

When faced with a beam of war, Cadance found herself struggling to resist and keep the rivaling unicorn’s magic away from making contact with her own forcing her finance to leap up into action by plowing right into his chest with his head. With this interference, Sombra was left any time to grunt before being blasted backwards and slamming his back against the opposite side of the stands.

With a loud yell, Shining Armor charged his way up the stands and fired another beam of magic right at him earning a snarling roar from him when struck by it forcing Sombra backwards more upwards towards the top of the stairs. By trading horns the two were both dodging blows until Sombra ducked down and bucked Shining Armor right in the gut to send him tumbling back down the steps and back onto the field.

Grinning victoriously with a vicious grin, King Sombra prepared to finish him off with his horn glowing dark purple, black, and green until he was suddenly shot aside by the Princess of Love with an ice blue beam of magic and a fierce look of determination to save her future husband.

“Get away from him!” She angrily threatened while floating over him with her horn still glowing. “You can’t win, Sombra!”

“Not a chance, lady!” He defiantly retorted in response before firing another beam of magic right back at her to which she was quick to protect herself with a magic bubble to reflect it right back at him. “For this is my kingdom! My destiny!” He moved to focus his attention on her trying to bring her down by throwing down with everything he’s got at her while Shining Armor recovers.

Amongst the chaos, Luna floated up and high and noticed two important faces were not inside the stadium which meant only one thing.

“I’m coming, Twilight!” She quietly vowed before flying outside to find them.

While all of this was going on inside the arena, Scar himself was dueling against Twilight by baring his magically powered claws right at her with the latter conjuring a magical shield to protect herself from every one of his attempted attacks.

When Scar was finally managing to find an opening, Twilight was quick to counter with a hot beam of magic right at his face to knock backwards towards the edge of the steps. He was quick to fly up when Twilight tried to land another successful beam at him causing her to singe the bottom of the stair case instead.

“Impressive.” He commended while floating over her before flying downwards towards her to pounce on her to try to pin her down. “But it still wouldn’t do you any good.” He managed to slam her head down onto the ground. “For even you princess, don’t stand a chance against the one true king.”

Twilight grunted in response while struggling to free herself. “When I get up I’ll bow to you…” She used both of her back hooves to kick him in the guy before following it up with another punch to the jaw to force him off of her. “…right after I get done putting you in your place!” She fires another hot surge of magic right at Scar’s chest to slam him right up against the stairs.

If Scar hadn’t tumbled down from the top of Pride Rock once before then that attack would have injured him with or without magic so it was good fortune for himself that he managed to recover quickly from that hard blow to the right side of his ribs and smiled evilly back at the furious mare standing before him.

“You know it’s such a pity things turned out like this, Twilight…” He said trying to taunt her and exploit her weakness yet with shards of sincerity inside. “…I mean if you had only been a little more evil, you could have been ruling the world by my side by now.” Twilight was having none of yet by going on the offensive against Scar by slowly approaching him and attempting to strike him down with her magic only for the lion to conjure up a green magically shape mirror to block off her attempted attacks. “You could have gotten revenge against your so-called friends and family. You could have become more than what you are. I could have helped make you a better pony. I still could you know.”

“You can take your offer and blow it out your…” She snarled back while intensifying the heated power of her magic to start forcing Scar backwards.

“…ah, ah, ah…” He interrupted with a raised claw. “…careful young mare…” He gestured to the crowd trying to flee the stadium. “…there are children present…” He uses his free paw to form a barrier around them to keep them from leaving. “…who along with everyone else aren’t going anywhere until our business here is finished.”

“You leave them out of this!” She angrily demanded. “They had nothing do with how you got your scar and how you lost your mother!”

“Yes they did!” He retorted still standing by his stance while standing his ground. “They could have helped stop it but they didn’t!”

“Them?!” Twilight quirked her eyes to the Pride Landers he’s holding hostage again while visibly astonished by his reasons. “None of them were around when it all happened so they should not be punished and deprived of food and water like you did before.”

Scar still refused to back off while fighting Twilight to a standstill on the top of the stairs with the latter taking flight to stay on his eye level. “But they still sided with both Mufusa and Simba even after they learned the truth of how it all happened!”

“Maybe that’s because of something you brought on yourself!” Twilight retorted back while forcing him to continue backing up. “Maybe they did take pity on you after what happened but instead of moving on you instead chose to be a bitter loner who only cares about himself. It’s no wonder why you lost the Roar when your former team refused to back you up in your plot against Mufusa because for all his faults at least he still has the decency to put others before himself and knew that you would only be half the king compared to him!”

Scar growled in response with his anger now intensified by that hard-hitting remark before releasing a mighty roar of his own to which Twilight quickly conjured a magical dome to protect herself from the massive powerful force it produced. In the process of the massive vibrations it produced inside the arena that briefly interrupted the ongoing fights that were occurring inside with everyone turning their attention to the lion himself unleashing this roar of his that would have sent everyone in its path flying if it weren’t for the dome he had conjured and allowed Luna to find them.

“I’M TEN TIMES THE KING MUFUSA WAS!” He angrily roared before charging right at the alicorn who managed to barely dodge his attempt when he moved to fly right at her. “And I will prove it once I resume my reign after I finish taking down anyone and everyone who stands in my way, starting with you!” Scar then managed to viciously strike Twilight right in the face with his claws and then yanked her on the arm to slam her down onto the ground.

“AAAHHH!”

Before she could have the chance to recover, Scar used his magic to slam her head down into the ground repeatedly and threw her down the stairs, causing her to endure a lot of bruises from each and every impact she made while tumbling down them.

While charging right at her, Luna quickly flew in and body-slammed herself right into Scar causing him to crash into the nearby buckets of arrows while she had to float down onto the ground in slight pain from the bruise that had just formed on the side of her ribs.

Scar was able to shake it off like it was nothing before suddenly being blasted backwards by Luna again, determined to protect Twilight from the brutal beat-down he is currently imposing on her. The impact created a cloud of dust to which Scar was quick to turn into his advantage by leaping forward and slapping Luna across the face hard and then backhanded her against the opposite walls of the arena thus taking her out of the fight.

“SISTER!” Celestia cried out in horror.

“TWILIGHT!” Kion cried equally horrified while managing to see the severe beat-down himself.

The others managing to catch a glimpse of what Scar was doing, unfortunately were left with no wiggle room to be able to run over to assist them due to having to deal with their ongoing fights that are still going down.

With Luna out of the way and his focus now back on Twilight who never managed to buy herself to recover from his earlier attacks, he then followed it up by backhanding her right into one of the ice targets with the back of her head smacking right into it before flying over to hoist her up and toss her back down into the ground right into another ice target and then into another in the same brutal fashion. After destroying all of the ice targets he grabs her by the throat with his magic before hoisting her back up into the air and then proceeded to repeatedly punch and claw her in the face so hard that her nose started to bleed and ended up with a black eye on her scarred eye.

“I mean really…” Scar shook his head with his voice now calmer than just before. “…did you honestly think that was going to end well for you? And now everyone is suffering because your mistakes.” Twilight despite being badly beaten refused to cower before him and give into his words. “It’s your fault that this is all happening. Do you deny it?”

Twilight glared daggers at him as Scar increased the magical intensity of his attacks on her as she finds herself grunting and screaming in pain and agony because of the lion’s tighten grip on her body.

“No.”

“Then you’re guilty!”

“NO!” Twilight managed to break free from his grasp to try to fire a magical blast of her own, along with a punch back at him only to be effortlessly restrained when he instantly grabbed again by the arm.

Twilight growled and strained in response as she finds her mane has now grown to waist-length measures due to the magical surge Scar is implementing on her as her flies up high overhead every building in the Crystal Empire. With a strong powerful shock-wave spread from the tips of his claws from his right paw, he was able to perform something that only a very all-powerful alicorn could perform the power of stopping time.

Everyone and everything around froze right on the spot all in the midst of their current fighting.

“What?!” Twilight could not believe what she is seeing. Scar actually managing to stop time with his advanced powers. “But how…how are you doing this?!”

“Put the powers of my brain after doing a ton of magical research and combine them with the powers Nightmare Moon, Nightmare Rarity, and Midnight Sparkle together and you do the math from there.” He simply replied while forcing her to look on at Equestria as a whole. “And behold the glorious future that awaits you.” He gestured to the dark clouds surrounding Canterlot now currently colored gray in color around them, from the skies, to the town buildings, and the many ponies walking around feeling depressed and hopeless inside. Canterlot isn’t the only area that’s colored in gray since the same can be said for everyone in Ponyville.

Twilight looked around yet unable to free herself from Scar’s grip due to him maintaining his firm grasp on her and saw the colorless devastation along with the various skeletons straying across the area. Dead pony and animal skeletons to be exact along with the colors of everything around them are de-saturated in contrast to the bright and colorful prosperity that Equestria usually is. Worse of all amongst the bleak future, none of the many faces that are her friends and family are within her sight. No one not even the girls, Kion, Celestia, Shining Armor, are all around with no trace or word of their last sighting.

“No!”

“Yes. Look at it. Drink it in.” Scar said as they look on and float over the ravaged country while floating her to what was once her library now blown into smithereens along with the fiery landscape surrounding the outskirts of town. “Behold, the world you are destined to create as the newly proclaimed Princess of Darkness.” Said princess is now floating around monstrously roaring along with firing magic at the mountains ahead of her causing them all to explode upon the fiery magic crashing into them in a blind rage.

“No!” Twilight tried closing her eyes at the horrifying sight of her evil self resurfacing. “I would never! This is just a vision. This can't be real!”

“Oh Twilight, there’s no denying that this is the future and what you are destined to do because clearly you’re in trouble again…” He asserted while hoisting her on over to the Crystal Empire where King Sombra is currently residing and overlooking the very slavery he used to impose on all of the crystal ponies with no sign of her brother or future sister-in-law around. “…only this time, mommy, daddy, along with your big brothers and sisters, aren’t here to save you. It began the day you agreed to help me conquer the Pride Lands and Equestria, and even with all things considered this will still come to pass. It's written all over your face and I'll make sure it comes to pass. Now, it is time for me to conquer the Crystal Empire and to put an end to all of this to every last inch of goodwill you once had with everyone here. And now everyone knows WHY!"

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!” She screamed in vain with her eyes glowing blazing white with the agonizing vision flashing during her scream of desperation with Scar releasing another magical shock wave that returned everything back to the present day with the apocalyptic vision now over.

All of the colors were returned to normal and the whole fight scene at the arena ended with everyone all shaken up by the shock wave and all now recovering from the powerful surge Scar had just unleashed on everyone.

Upon shaking it off, Scar had hoisted the Lion and Pony Guard along with the royal family outside of the arena and on towards the very border where the now unconscious Karabi and Lite are lying with his free arm and hoisted them all on over there.

The most powerful beings in the Pride Lands and Equestria all had barely any time to react upon being literally thrown out of the Crystal Empire before finding themselves cut off from the empire with the train station behind them and the kingdom just in front of them now surrounded by a large green dome. And then the next thing they know before any of them could try to go back is Scar himself floating over them with the badly bruised, beaten, and spent alicorn in his grasp.

“Unless you want any more harm to come to her, you know what where to turn from here.” He warned with locked eyes on the group who could only glare at him in response to his ultimatum before turning his attention back to Twilight. “And as for you…we’ll be in touch…oh…” He then added before he forgot with a satisfied smirk. “…and thanks for the heads up so here...I'll give one here.”

He then casually tosses her aside, sending her crashing headfirst through the window of an empty train cart before teleporting away from the scene in a flash causing the crew to briefly look on at Scar in disgust with his callous disregard towards pony life before turning their attention back to Twilight who is now badly in need of medical attention.

Wasting no time in reacting both Celestia and Shining Armor both wasted no time in rushing inside the train cart in order to find the unconscious pony thrown inside to make sure she’s okay. They both managed to find her and were both left horrified and in wide-eyed shock upon seeing the physical damage Scar did to her from the deep scratches he inflicted on her, the heavy and dark bruises and scorch marks all over her body, and her now long messy mane, all just looking like he killed her.

“Twily…” He softly spoke with his liquid pride forming on the corner of his eyes just when the others rush inside to see the results of the beat-down she just took in. “…please wake up!”

“Hevi Kabisa….!” Kion quietly spoke horrified at the sight looking like he is about to cry again just when Cadance flies over to see if there is any healing powers she can utilize on her while she still can to ensure they don’t lose her.

After giving herself a calming deep breath like she taught the pony she loved to foalsit the most before working the magic from her horn hoping that the power of love is enough to keep her from joining the heavens too soon. All while all everyone can is look on deathly and sickly worried for their friend.

With Scar now having conquered the Crystal Empire and most of the ponies attending the games along with many Pride Landers trapped there, who can stop him now?

The only answer is preying upon the very pony on the verge of death with a spark of magic that may be the ultimate key to finally achieving victory against him...

Author's Note:

At last the Equestrian Games have finally arrived and the Pride Landers and Equestrian ponies are all competing with the Crystal Empire Ponies to earn and show their Olympic-level competitiveness and talent on the field.

For athletes like Rainbow Dash and Fuli it's a golden opportunity for them to show everyone that they are the Fastest with all eyes and ears to see them in action and they both led their teams to victory in true fashion.

For those seeking to prove their worth like Spike, well simply put it led to quite an embarrassing sequence of events such as botching the torch and fumbling the national anthem for Cloudsdale before finally managing to save the Empire single-handily again along with setting off the fireworks for him to prove it.

For those seeking to do more than conquer the Equestrian Games like Scar, that's exactly what he did to set up an intense showdown that resulted in another kingdom conquered along the Royal Family and the Lion and Pony Guard further cornered as Scar draws closer to his endgame with Ponyville and Canterlot the capital of Equestria left to conquer.

While many heroes fared well against Scar's army, Twilight on the other hoof had the misfortune of suffering a very brutal and vicious No-Holds-Barred Beat-down at the claws of Scar himself after winding up pressing his Berserk Button. And phew, even without his powers he's capable of holding his own in a fight and pave way for one of the most intense and nightmarish scenes in this series so far and that's putting it lightly.

And for those who felt a level of satisfaction when Scar stripped Twilight of her dark magic back in the mid-season finale (I'm laying this out since before following events of this season rolled out this is debatable whether it's unnecessarily cruel backstabbing or fitting karma considering what she's done as Midnight Sparkle), then you're probably going to have a hard time rooting for Scar very nearly killing her and showing her that she is soon to be destined to be the Princess of Darkness, who's main goal in life is destroy both Equestria and the Pride Lands.

But that being said with the penultimate episode resulting in Scar's victory once more, all that remains is the Season Finale to determine both world's fate as Scar further presses forward with his endgame to conquer both worlds.

*Note:* The season finale date will be determined once I made sure everything is all set up and put together so until further notice stay tuned as Season 4 is about to come to an end...

PreviousChapters Next