• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 470 Views, 7 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Coffee Hunter - MuseoSansPony



Alope tries to get his hooves on some coffee in the wasteland

  • ...
2
 7
 470

Coffee Run: Canterlot

His lungs burned as he inhaled the toxic pink cloud, but it was worth the risk to enter Canterlot to acquire Pony Joe's secret recipe for the best coffee ever. Alope stopped and chugged a healing potion, the bitter flavor making his longing for coffee even stronger.

"That zebra in Friendship city better not be lying about this." Alope muttered to himself as he moved in the shadows keeping an eye on his EFS.

He had gone through 5 more healing potions before he finally found the residence of one Pony Joe. The zebra's instructions had been detailed, but entropy was not on Canterlot's side. Even with Equestrian over engineering, a some point a block and a half were leveled, adding an hour to his trip.

Alope, gazed up at the abandoned homestead. Sagging precariously on the edge of the Upper Terrace, it looked far from sturdy, but he had come this far. The only indication this building was the former home of Pony Joe, was the tattered flyer for his coffee shop displayed in the window.

Stilling himself, he entered. Once inside he took a breath of relief, the pink cloud had not collected as much. Just to be sure, he chugged another healing potion. counting, he only had 4 more. He would teleport to safety if he didn't find the recipe before he ran out of potions.

The house looked as if it had been ransacked, but Alope kept up hope the secret recipe was still stored in a locked safe. The Zebra had told him Joe kept the recipe in his office, so that was the first place Alope went to look. He did not expect to find a corpse.

"And this must be Pony Joe," Alope spoke allowed to cover his fears of the house falling on him, as it groaned under his hooves with every step, "You won't mind if I take a look at your recipe?" He laughed at his quip before finishing, "Good, glad we could come to this agreement."

Alope moved around the desk to the open safe and his heart sank. He shined his pipbuck into the metal space to get a better look. A small metal tin was marked by the note "Secret Recipe". At last Alope had found his prize and can leave the deathtrap behind. Carefully he levitated over the tin and gently dusted it off.

"No..." he muttered in defeat as the note fell away, tears forming in his eyes.

The label read "Flim & Flam's Instant Coffee, for the quick jolt you need anytime."