• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 256 Views, 10 Comments

ERPG - MellowSoul



Twilight reveals her collection of eastern role-playing games

  • ...
 10
 256

Growing Up (Interlude: Final Part)

Author's Note:

"Flying through space to fight a space god!"

-DeathTronHammer

As the game continued, Twilight collected more powerful items, equipment, and skills. Many of the side-quests revolved around the girls' allies, creative mini-games, and secret boss fights from other series', Including Maria from Spike's comics, who was necessary to defeat for Blossom's ultimate weapon: the sword of sorrow. After Mojo, the girls picked off their old foes one by one. Once again, Twilight went several days without sleep.

"Guess Lucifer is the final boss." Rainbow commented.

"Seems so."

"Good thing you did the same thing as FF7 and gave us an accessory that doubles EXP, not to mention the enemies here give us a crap-ton already. Tack on the power, energy, and defense orbs to max out our stats and we're pretty much unstoppable."

"The northern cave was a prime example of how you do a grind properly without pissing off the player. Let them level quickly and use items to further power up their characters. With all three ultimate armors, our evasion rate is 70% for each girl, which means we'll be auto-dodging most of the time at this point. Our status immunity and triple money accessories make the endgame a cakewalk."

"Let's save and finish this nightmare of a game. I love it, but damn if it doesn't bring me down."

Twilight engaged the final boss of the game...Or so Rainbow thought.


Lucifer was extremely easy to take down with all the girls' buffs added to their characters. That was when Rainbow realized what the real story behind the scenes was.

"Holy shit..."

"We're going to overthrow God."

"Now that right there is sympathetic villainy I can get behind."

Lucifer transported Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup to the gates of heaven. After an unexpectedly heartfelt exchange of dialogue, he left them to their fates.

"Here we go." Twilight hammered home.

"The final battle to avenge all life on Earth."

"Exciting, isn't it?"

"No question."


Twilight opened the battle by having the girls summon their fiery auras to further boost their power. God's punch barely registered against the awesome might of the tiny titans. One swing from blossom's sword dealt a critical blow for an easy nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine HP. In response, God attempted to inflict a flurry of status ailments.

"Not gonna work." Twilight said to the screen.

On Twilight's next turn, she invoked the fury of Blossom's Interdimensional slash, cutting her opponent down in every conceivable fashion. She followed up with Bubbles' Holy Barrier ability and Buttercup's Rapid Fire artillery.

"You couldn't make this anymore one-sided if you tried." Rainbow chuckled.

"If we were on creation mode, it'd be a different story. Remember when I stocked up on the strongest healing items I could buy? In Creation mode, we'll actually have to use them. He can remove our status protection on that difficulty."

"Takin' a page from Lavos' book, I see."

"My fatality gauges are full. These should finish him off."

Twilight harnessed Blossom's strength first. The leader of the powerpuffs split herself into multiple incarnations, attacking across the screen at incomprehensible speeds. Bright colors flashed from Twilight's monitor. Just when it seemed like the afterimages were through with their assault, they swung their swords together, shattering them into hundreds of microscopic pieces. Each fragment thrust itself into the enemy's body, stinging him with countless particles of molten-hot death. The specters disappeared, leaving the sword to reform as though nothing had happened.

"Think that's enough?" Rainbow teased.

"Nope." Twilight responded assuredly.

Bubbles' ultimate technique proved no less ferocious. One million lightning bolts cracked from the sky, frying her foe where he stood before drowning him in a torrential downpour of tears. The cleansing water healed the entire party to max health and energy. Finally, Buttercup took the reins, unloading thousands of rounds of ammunition between two Gatling guns before charging her opponent. She impaled him with both barrels before firing off the finishing blow.

"Buttercup is every military guy's wet dream." Rainbow joked.

"That sounds so wrong."

"And yet I didn't know it 'til I said it. Funny how that works, ain't it?"

"Yep."

"I sense your inner Big Mac coming out."

When the battle was over, the screen flashed repeatedly before fading to white. Without warning, the monitor cut to black, and the credits began to roll...

"You know what? While we were playing, I noticed a few things that could use touching up. Give me some time to update a few things before we start Creation mode."

"I'll be waiting."