• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 255 Views, 10 Comments

ERPG - MellowSoul



Twilight reveals her collection of eastern role-playing games

  • ...
 10
 255

What It's Like to Feel Loved (Part 3)

Author's Note:

Just a quick warning. There's a passing mention of sex in this and the next chapter. If you're uncomfortable with such subjects, feel free to skip them. As a side note, Rainbow's opinion on Bride of Chucky doesn't reflect my own. I'm really just indifferent towards it.

During the tutorial, Twilight demonstrated how to parry enemy attacks.

"It's pretty much the same as the dodge mechanic in 37,000. The only differences are, instead of D, you press the P key when they're about to attack, and you do a retaliatory strike in return."

"You should add that feature to 37,000. It'd make the combat even more engaging."

"Yeah. I can do that. Sort of like a special edition. I'll see if there's anything else I can add, too."

"Sweet."

After the battle, Twilight was given the option to change Lucifer's name. She kept the default for her first run.

"One of the things I kept from the novel were the four original angels. Atmospheric is the fourth. The other three are Lucifer, Michael, and Azazel."

"Literal holy hell."

"Pretty much."

"Can we get 'em in the party?"

"Of course."

"I'm on board."

"Lucifer uses swords like Atmospheric, but his are a bit more stylized to fit his bad boy streak. Michael's extremely skilled with lances, and Azazel's adept with battle axes."

"Nice choices."

"Now that we know the basics of the battle system, we can move on with the game."


After the prologue, the game proved relatively straightforward. There were a few side-quests spread throughout, but the main focus remained centered on the story. It was the scene before the final stretch that threw Rainbow and the others off.

"Wait a minute...Are they about to...!?"

"To put it in Supernatural terms, he's gettin' himself a slice of angel food cake."

"At least he had the presence of mind to propose before they got busy. You know how awkward it is to have that happen during sex?"

"Do you?"

"Well...No, but I've been told that's not something other chicks are into."

"Fair enough, but ya gotta remember, there are exceptions to every rule."

"I guess."

"This is where it gets really fun."

The next scene showed one of the art pieces Twilight imported to the engine. Atmospheric's jacket had changed from her fur's snow white color to the nightshade black of her fiancé. Her lips were coated in a similar shade. She was smoking a cigarette under a tree, smiling. Rainbow verbally noted the drastic shift.

"I'm no Star Swirl, but I'm pretty sure she just pulled a complete one-eighty."

"This is the sort of thing both erotica and regular romance novels often leave out. I've got nothing against casual hook-ups, but I'd imagine fucking somebody you love is on a whole other level. Nobody really talks about the differences between the two. Ironically, I got the idea from Bride of Chucky."

"Ew! Are you serious!? That movie sucked!"

"I know, but even crappy movies usually have at least one silver lining."

"If you say so. As for me, I wouldn't touch it with a hundred-yard pole."

"So you're saying she didn't just go from Habanero sauce to Dragon's Breath pepper?"

"She's fucking gorgeous! I just can't believe something good came out of that stain on cinema."

"Lucifer will give her her ultimate weapon before the cutscenes over. She'll get the dual swords whoch attack two times when she parries. One was created by Lucifer as a gift. The other belonged to Harmonic's brother. He swiped it before they left the city. Now that we're at the end, Atmospheric's fighting style will be a lot more aggressive and flashy. She'll learn a tag team skill she and Harmonic can use if they're both in your party."

"Are we almost at the final boss?"

"Yep. Just one more save point and we'll be there."

"Good thing we stocked up on megalixers."

"We won't really need too many since we're on easy, but they'll come in handy on higher difficulties. The boss can't remove status protection, but it deals a lot of damage on hard mode, especially ultra hard. I'd recommend having one ready every other turn."

"I hear ya loud and clear."

Twilight stretched back in her chair, loosening her limbs for the final confrontation.

"Well, without further ado, let's kill this assface."