• Published 10th Oct 2021
  • 689 Views, 11 Comments

Stellar's Sunbursting Plans - TheRayH



After a new spell Sunburst tried, Stellar Flare (Sunburst's Mom) has to change plans for her new daughter.

  • ...
16
 11
 689

Chapter 4: Glow Up

Sunburst was confused, she was sitting waiting to her mom to arrive; she was told that they were going to Manehattan but they took the one to Canterlot for a reason that Stellar did not tell anything about. Stellar arrived shortly after and took a seat in front of Sunburst and looked at the scroll where the plan was writed. Sunburst wanted an answer and wanted it now, so with a slight move of her hoove, she moved the scroll a bit down from Stellar's face to make eye contact.

"Mom, i think you owe me an explanation of why are we going to Canterlot" Sunburst demanded with a serious look in her face.

"Well of course. Obviously you can't become a model looking like that" She answered shortly after and Sunburst changed the look to a confused one. "Look at you, your mane is a mess and these glasses take some of your charm away"

"But you know i can't see sh... something without them. And dind't you said that i have a natural bright or something like that?" She was starting to get nervous all over the plan.

"You do Sunburst, is just that we need to make that bright slightly brighter" Those words were a bit contradictory. If Sunburst had a natural bright then she doesn't need to change it, that was Sunburst was thinking but couldn't say because her mother once she has a plan... mostly goes until the end of it. They arrived Canterlot a few minutes later, classy unicorns could be spotted at every corner, restaurant, practically everyone there looked totally different from Sunburst and Stellar; but they ignored all of them because Stellar had in mind the next stop, a boutique with bright colors and pretty dresses on the vitrines; the both went inside and they got attention just as they walked in.

"Welcome to Canterlot Carousel" A blue sky pony with an orangish mane walked towards them. "I'm Sassy Saddles, manager of this boutique and i'll help as much as i can"

"Well so glad you'll do, because i need some help with her" She said while wlaking closer to Sassy and then pointing at Sunburst. "We're going to Manehattan and my daughter needs a glow up. Give her the best dresses you have"

Sassy gave a quick look on her, with a measuring tape took all the measures needed form Sunburst just in case she's not like the average pony size. "I think i have a few that could work for her" She said just to suddenly levitate Sunburst leading her to the fitting room with some dresses behind. Sassy set all the dresses alongside Sunburst and looked at her with a smile. "These dresses are of your measure, by just looking at you i think they're made for you"

"I... have no experience on wearing dresses... at all" She said nervous, Sunburst really never wore anything else than the cloak.

"Nonsense, besides you don't need any experience to wear a dress; all you need is to know that you'll shine wearing it" Sassy's voice was calm and relaxing, and so Sunburst tried the first one; a bright red one with some black stripes where the seams were. When Sunburst saw herself in the dress, she blushed and in her mind all were the same thoughts; she was cute. But Sunburst felt something in her back, a tingly feeling like the one she felt on the restroom when touching herself; so she took it off as fast as possible to not make a stain on it. Sassy saw how she took it off and noticed something dripping down one of her hooves. "Oh, you weren't kidding when you said you never wore a dress. Does the fabric felt that good?"

"I didn't meant to... it was just..." She sighed and then looked up again. "I'm going to need a lot of time to gt used to wearing them... they just feel different and i'm not sure if it is my thing"

"Sunburst..." Stellar walked closer to her and hugged her. "I know this is very confusing and your body is not used to it. But mommy is here to help you with what you need" Sunburst had small tears running down and hugged back Stellar, after that she told Sassy to give her best dress she could give to Sunburst. Not a hard task, Sassy after a few minutes returned with a dark blue dress with small dots of glitter and a pin in the shape of a star.

"I saw your cloak and well... it remembered me to this one, the designer based it on an old dress made for a friend" She gave the dress to Sunburst who quickly tried it on.

"This one... i like this one" Sunburst couldn't hold on her tears, so they run down her face.

"Excellent!" Stellar was surprised of how it looked on her. She turned round looking to Sassy. "But pack me a few more just in case, we want to give the best of impressions" Sassy noded and went to get all the dresses that could fit Sunburst style. They paid the total for each dress and went out of the boutique, but they weren't done; Stellar kept Sunburst close to her and showed the plan once again. "We have dresses covered, but now there's one thing left" After a few minutes walking they arrived a beauty salon.

"A beauty salon? Ok, what you want to change from me now? I have to remember you that you always tried to cut my old beard... countless times" Sunburst said questioning some of the decisions of her mother related to beauty.

"There are a few things we have to do inside. First is your mane, it's all messy and secondly your glasses; some doesn't find it attractive" Stellar replied without taking her eyes off the scroll.

"I can't argue about the mane, but my glasses?" Sunburst almost shouted. "WIthout them i barely can distinguish a pony from a bush" But before Sunburst could notice, they both walked inside the beauty salon; and a gasp could be heard across the room; an earth pony stallion walked closer to Sunburst and with both hooves squished his cheeks.

"Sweet Celestia! you need a treatment instantly" By ringing a belle, a mare unicorn came and levitated Sunburst to another room, a Deja Vu on her head in the same day; the mare leaved her on a seat. "I won't rest until making you a true beauty" Sunburst wasn't able to respond it was all happening very quick. The seat had a small hole for the head to be tilted backwards and a small water tap; they forced her to tilt it and then water started to wet her mane and a fruity smelling shampoo were slowly washing in; for providing the mane to get completely ruined they dry it off with magic, and while doing they brushed her mane cautiously so that not a single hair would get tangled. After a few minutes her was completely silky and without a single hair out of it's place.

Following up, they took her to another room and they made her take another seat. In front of her a bunch of bottles of perfume and makeup that seemed to be very expensive. They took off Sunburst glasses to work on her eyelashes, carefully sliding the eyeliner at top of them, while she had her eyes closed she felt a lipstick running smoothly on her lips; it had a peach essence and with a quick tongue rub on it she even tasted it... not very smart of her part because it only had the essence and slightly the taste. Suddenly Sunburst felt that they were trying to open her eyes, they had a little bottle and with precision they dropped two small drops on each eye; a few seconds later Sunburst saw herself in the mirror perfectly without needing the glasses, that bottle were a small spell to help vision to become better for a limited time apparently, Sunburst reached to read that it lasts for a whole week. When she looked again, the lipstick was barely noticeable, it was the same tone as her fur and the eyelashes were even darker and more pronounced than before.

Stellar was waiting for her daughter to appear, reading some magazines; she was a bit surprised that the workers knew who was the customer without saying a single word. Sunburst came and Stellar's jaw dropped down after seeing her with the complete treatment done.

"Is it that good? I feel is a bit too much" Sunburst knew he looked good but wasn't sure how good.

"Sweetie, have you seen yourself?" Stellar claimed with a happy tone. "You're stunning, now we're finally ready to go to Manehattan." They again paid for the service given, Sunburst was keeping her glasses on a bag; after all they've been part of her life for a long time. "We just have to get to the train and then head to Manehattan, there i'll contact with someone who will help us to get your career on sail"

"Mom" Sunburst stopped walking for a second. "I wasn't sure at first of all of this; but i see how you're working to make it work. All i can say is that i'm proud of being your..." She stopped to giggle a bit "...daughter"

They both hugged each other, and soon then they headed right into the station, it was the moment to get deeper into Stellar's plan... next stop Manehattan.