• Published 3rd Aug 2021
  • 441 Views, 2 Comments

A Siren Tale - Sparkling blaze



Did you ever wonder why the sirens act like they act?Every villian got a backstory and this is theirs.

  • ...
 2
 441

Chapter 15

All of us left that day. I wish I had got to see Ryan one last time and tell him I'm pregnant, he deserves to know. The girls have been doing really well too. I'm startig to think that maybe siren children might be different from human children in more ways then I thought. I think it's about time we tell them who and what we are, And that they have a cousin they haven't met.

I go call Sonata,she's pretty far into her second pregnancy too,soon we would have more half-sirens running around.
I wish I would have told Arthur what he was before we left,poor kid is gonna suffer a lot for not knowing I wonder how he is?

"Sonata,would you call Beatrice and Bessie please I think it's time,me,you and Aria tell them."

Sonata went and got them.

"What you need to tell us aunt Dagi?" Beatrice asked.

"I need to tell you the truth about who and what we are. We're not human."

"What do you mean?" Bessie Asked.

"We're sirens, we're from another word."

"Auntie,sirens aren't real."Beatrice laughed.

"Yes they're real,and that's what me,your mommy and aunt Ari are."I then point to my gem."You see that gem?You two have it too.Try to take it off."

I told them that because as that was a part of us the gems were stick to us as basically glue,try hard as they could they weren't able to take it off.

"But that's not everything. You also have a cousin too."

"We do?"

"Yeah he's older than you."

"Can we meet them?"

"Yeah that's where we're going."

Soon enough we were on the old city we stayed,I saw an young boy walking throught the street returning from work,I immediately recognized him,Arthur,he was so big now.

I went up to him.And I know he recognized me too.

"Mom?" He asked.

I nod. "It's me." I say not knowing what else to say, it's been so long.

"Mom!" He shouts as he hugs me. "Where have you been? Why did you leave?"

"I'll tell you everything. Is your dad around?"His face changes and tells me everything I need to know.I wrap him up in a hug."I-I'm so sorry I wasn't here.What happened?"

"An accident,it killed him and uncle Bernard,aunt Harriet was with them too but she hasn't woke up since the accident."I hug my son tighter.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here to help you get through it."I told him.

"Can...can I see her?" Aria asked.

"They don't think she'll wake up aunt Ari"

"Please." Aria asked on the verge of tears.

"Ok." Arthur led us to the house. It was looking as good as it was when we left. He led us to the back room and there on the bed was Harriet Aria walked over to her sat one the side of the bed and and took a hold of one of her hands. Then she sang a song, I've never heard it before but as she sang Aria's gem glowed blue. When she was done singing Harriet opened her eyes.

"You're as beautiful as ever. "Harriet tells Aria as she reaches up and touches her face.

"I never should have left." Aria says tears starting to fall.

"You did what you felt was right. I just wish you would have stayed."

"I love you." Aria tells her.

"I love you too." Harriet says before closing her eyes once again. Then Aria broke down.

I went over to Aria and placed a hand on her shoulder,we knew this was gonna happen.The curse was now in their family due to us having their kids.

"Aria,I'm sorry...But you know as long as we're immortal,we're still gonna lose many more."She kept crying,I held her.I turned to Arthur."Can we talk?Me and your aunts have a lot to explain to you and your cousins."

I explained everything to them,Seaquesria, what our aunt did to us, how to use their powers everything.

"So that's why you never aged?"Arthur asked.

"Yeah, It's also why I was able to get anyone to do something after I sang to them." I explained.

"How many more of us are there?"

"Just all of us. Oh and I'm pregnant."I told him."So is your aunt Sonata."

"That's a lot to take in..."He said."Is that why you left?"

"Yeah."

"I really wish you could have stayed."

"I wish I could have stayed too. That being said can we come back, at least until me and Sonata have the babies?"

"Yeah of course. Most of the people that knew you are gone."

We went to the house. It felt weird to be back there after so long. But it also felt right like I was coming home after being gone a long time.

"Hasn't changed much." I said walking in.

"No dad liked keeping it the way you had it." Arthur told me. "Deep down part of him hoped you would come back."

"I wanted to, but I couldn't."Part of me always wanted to come back,I felt heartbroken to have leave them so did Sonata and Aria,not only that but they were who helped us escape from the orphanage,our first loves,and now we the only thing they had left us was Arthur,Beatrice and Bessie,who we eventually would have to leave.

I looked back,Aria had a tear stained-face and was spacing out,Sonata seemed to not understand Bernard was gone,I needed to talk to her.

I just silently followed Arthur,remembering the moments that happened in this house,and admiring how much he was like his father.

After awhile Sonata said. "Bernard should be here by now. He never gets home this late."

"Sonata he's gone." I told her.

"Yeah I know. He should be back soon."

"He's not gone gone. He's dead." She looked at me confused for a moment. "He's with mom and dad." I told her.

The realizition then gone through her head.

"He's never coming back again?"She asked,on the verge of tears.

"He's never coming back again.I'm sorry."I answered,she started breaking down,I held her.

Later that night Arthur came chatting with me:

"Umm,mom,aunt Aria why is aunt Sonata acting so different than what she used to act when you left?"

"She's sick." I told him.

When he looked more confused then anything, Aria spoke up:
"She has something wrong with her brain."

"What caused it?" Arthur asked.

"The same curse that caused all of this to happen."

"Is there anything we can do to help?"

"No, sometimes she has good days others she has bad days. All we can do is help her the best we can."I sigh."And understand her mind still is stuck in acting like she's 5.But currently I would even say she's doing a bit better,when your cousins were born she was doing really bad,and even almost accidentaly burned down the house."

"How?"Arthur asked.

"Heating bottles on the stove."I told him.

"Huh?"

"Long story."I sighed.

Sonata came back from putting Beatrice and Bessie to bed.

Sonata sat on the couch by Aria. Aria was still just spacing out. "We should do something." Sonata said.

"We still have to watch the kids" I told her.

"But it's been so long since all of were together."

"Maybe tomorrow." I told her.

"Yeah I'm sure we could do something tomorrow." Arthur told her.

"It won't be the same" Aria said.

"No it won't be." I told her "But she would want you to move on."

Aria then just stormed to her old room,and locked herself in there.

"Is aunt Aria,ok?"Arthur asked.

"Yeah it's just she's having a hard time dealing with what going on with Harriet,she'll get over it."I told him."Now we should turn in,it is pretty late,and I know you have work tomorrow."