• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 438 Views, 75 Comments

The Party Girl - Godslittleprincess



Inspired by the Netflix movie Klaus. Written for FlashLight Week 2021 Day 4

  • ...
1
 75
 438

Chapter 24: Wake Up at Twilight

Earlier that day, Twilight and her family woke up to find their visitors completely gone without a trace, well, almost without a trace. Twilight had found a note from Flash on the floor of her bedroom. Flash seemed to have slid it under her door.

“Dear Twilight,” it had read. “I am sorry that you had to find out this way but Base and I have to leev. Crysalis and Tirec forced us to by thretening Base and his friends’s lives. I would have told you erlyer but they forced us not to tell anyone. Luckily, they did not say anything about leeving notes. Plees, do not let them turn things back the way they were. Yours, Flash”

Sure enough, as soon as word about Flash, Base, and their friends’ sudden departure got out, Lady Chrysalis and Lord Tirek began to accuse them of being untrustworthy outsiders who didn’t care about the town or its people. Most of the townspeople didn’t seem to believe them, but Twilight publicly confronted the clan heads with the truth anyway just in case. Of course, Chrysalis and Tirek countered with the fact Twilight had no proof of their wrongdoing. Twilight thought about bringing up Flash's note as proof but chose to keep that information to herself, worried that further arguing with them will only do more harm than good. Thankfully, the townspeople’s trust in Flash and Twilight was not so easily eroded, though it did seem to fade just a bit.


Late into the night, Twilight and her family were awoken by a series of loud, rapid knocks and Pinkie Pie screaming, “TWILIGHT! Wake up! Emergency! Open the door!”

“Pinkie?” Twilight asked rather groggily after her father had opened the front door. Pinkie Pie was standing on the other side, vibrating.

“You’ve got to come with me to the docks right now!” Pinkie screamed, still vibrating.

“Hold on. What even is going on?”

“You see all this?” Pinkie asked frantically, gesturing to her still vibrating self. “My Pinkie sense has never given me this twitch before. Whatever it is, it’s a real doozy, and my hunch is telling me that the doozy is going to be over by the docks.”

Twilight blinked the sleep out of her eyes as her mind attempted to process everything Pinkie just told her.

“I, what? Docks, doozy? Ugh!” Twilight cried as she struggled to comprehend what her exuberant friend was trying to convey. “Pinkie, can’t this wait until morning?”

“I don’t think it can,” Pinkie exclaimed, suddenly vibrating even more vigorously than before.

Twilight groaned as she put her hand to her face. She really was not in the mood to be humoring Pinkie’s nonsense, but Pinkie did somehow predict the arrival of Flash’s friends among other impossible feats. Besides, if she didn’t humor Pinkie, Pinkie was just going to keep begging her until she relented, and she was in even less of a mood to be dealing with that.

“Okay, I’ll go with you,” Twilight reluctantly agreed, “but let me get dressed first. I’m still in my nightdress.”


After Twilight got dressed, she followed Pinkie out to the docks.

“So, what are we looking for out here exactly?” Twilight asked Pinkie, who somehow managed to walk from her cottage to the docks while still vibrating uncontrollably.

“Not sure. Just look out for anything doozy-ish,” Pinkie suggested vaguely as she looked out towards the sea.

Twilight rolled her eyes but did as Pinkie suggested anyway. After about an hour of watching, Twilight’s patience was thinning, and Pinkie was still vibrating.

“Pinkie, I know your Pinkie sense has never been wrong before, but I don’t think your doozy exists,” Twilight stated plainly.

“Just give it some more time, it’ll happen any minute now,” Pinkie insisted.

“We’ve been out here for an hour!” Twilight exclaimed.

“So? The last time we waited for whatever was triggering my Pinkie sense, we waited all night,” Pinkie pointed out. That was true.

No sooner had Pinkie uttered those words did Twilight see something speeding towards them from the water.

“What’s that?’ Twilight asked.

Pinkie turned to where Twilight was looking at, pulled out a pair of binoculars from her hair, and looked through them.

“Hmmm,” Pinkie uttered. “It looks like the Cranky Doodle’s ferry. Does it normally move that fast?”

Even though Twilight couldn’t see the ferry as clearly, she could tell that it was moving quite fast, faster than she had ever seen it move.

“Why is it going so fast?” asked Twilight.

As if in response to her question, the ferry pulled into the dock, and Timber Spruce jumped off, landing just in front of Twilight and Pinkie.

Timber ran up to Twilight, grabbed her by the hand, and exclaimed, “Twilight, I don’t have time to explain, but you have to come with me now!”

“Timber, what’s going on?” Twilight replied, trying to pull away from Timber.

“There’s no time. If you don’t come with me now, you might never see Flash again.”

“WHAT?!”

As soon as those words left Timber’s mouth, Pinkie stopped vibrating.

“Huh, I guess that was the doozy,” Pinkie remarked.

“Come on,” Timber commanded, pulling Twilight onto the ferry.

“Cranky,” he said to the ferryman. “Take us back at the same speed. Hurry!”

“Boy, you’re lucky my wife convinced me to do this for you, or else, you’d be out of luck,” Cranky complained. “Sheesh, making me strain the engine for no payment at all.”

“WAIT!” Pinkie called before letting out a shrill whistle. Seconds later, Groat came bounding from the cottage towards the docks before stopping in front of Pinkie. Pinkie mounted him and rode him onto the ferry. “We’re going with you.”

“Why?” Timber questioned her.

“Oh, just a hunch that we might be needed,” Pinkie answered.

Timber turned to Twilight with a thoroughly confused expression on his face.

Twilight groaned and shouted, “It’s Pinkie Pie. Don’t question it. Now, are we going or not?!”


The sun had already risen over the horizon by the time Timber, Twilight, and Pinkie reached the mainland. Meanwhile back at Ms. Matilda’s inn, the doctor had just finished examining Flash and was about to deliver some grave news.

“I will need to treat him as soon as possible if he is to survive,” the doctor informed Flash’s friends and Ms. Matilda, “but I’m afraid I won’t be able to treat him.”

“What?! Why?!” Base cried, his face stained with dried tear tracks and his eye twitching with fresh tears.

Before the doctor could reply, Twilight and Pinkie burst into the room.

“How is he?” Twilight demanded.

“Twilight!” Base greeted, rushing to hug her. To both Twilight and Base’s surprise and comfort, Twilight returned the hug, clutching the younger boy close to her protectively.

“It’s bad, Twilight,” Micro Chips answered her. “The doctor basically just told us that Flash might not make it.”

“What? Why?” Twilight exclaimed, her eyes widening.

“In order to increase his chance of survival, I will need to treat him with penicillin,” the doctor explained, “which I don’t have right now, and I won’t get my next delivery of it until next week, and Mr. Sentry might be dead by then.”

“But there has to be something we can do,” Twilight pleaded, almost desperately.

“The next town over might have some to spare, but just getting there will take a day’s journey.”

“I’ll get Flash that medicine,” Pinkie volunteered, “and I’ll get it back here by tonight.”

“Impossible,” the doctor exclaimed. “Even if you rode the fastest horse alive, you shouldn’t be able to get here until tomorrow evening at the earliest.”

“I won’t be riding the fastest horse alive. I’ll be riding the greatest reindeer of all time!” With that declaration, Pinkie stormed out of the room, only to poke her head back inside. “Oooh, by the way, which direction is the next town?”

The doctor and Ms. Matilda pointed east in reply.

“Gotcha. Anyway, I’ll see you all tonight. Toodles.” Pinkie gave everyone in a room a small wave before leaving the inn, mounting Groat, and riding off in the direction the doctor and Ms. Matilda had pointed.

“What about the rest of us?” asked Pip.

“Just try to keep him comfortable and try to keep his fever down,” the doctor instructed. “Also, make sure to change the dressing on his shoulder wound often. Keep an eye on him, and if there’s any change, well, two of you and Ms. Matilda know where to find me.”

The doctor exited the room, leaving Ms. Matilda with the roomful of teenagers.

“I’ll be back with some wet rags,” Ms. Matilda notified. “You can use them to help keep your friend’s fever down.”

After Ms. Matilda left the room, Twilight made her way towards where Flash was lying. His face was twisted in agony, and his hair was soaked through with his own sweat. Twilight bit her lip, holding back the sob that was growing in her throat, and slowly reached out and touched his forehead. Her hand started burning as soon as she touched him, and she quickly pulled away.

“Goodness,” she muttered under her breath, “haven’t you suffered enough?”

Author's Note:

I kinda like how I wrote the Twilight-Pinkie dynamic in this story.