• Published 22nd Jun 2021
  • 436 Views, 75 Comments

The Party Girl - Godslittleprincess



Inspired by the Netflix movie Klaus. Written for FlashLight Week 2021 Day 4

  • ...
1
 75
 436

Chapter 16: Letters from the Children

Dear Miss Pinkie,

Thank you so much for the party. We really loved it. Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and I thought about what you and Miss Twilight said about doing something in our lives worth celebrating, and we wanted to get started right away. So, we met up at Sweet Apple Acres like we usually did, but instead of stealing Granny Smith’s apples, we picked them for her instead. We even separated the good apples from the bad apples.

She never said so, but I think she really appreciated it because the next day, she brought a crate of jam to Mr. Rich’s store. Then, when she threw her hip out trying to go back home, Mr. Rich pulled up a chair for her and let her rest inside the store. He even found a stick for her to use to help her walk.

Her hip still hasn’t gotten better yet, so Diamond, Silver, and I have been going over to Sweet Apple Acres to help out every day. Apple Bloom’s big brother and big sister didn’t seem to like having us over at first, but after a while, we kinda grew on them. Now, Miss Applejack sends us home with apple treats whenever we finish helping her and Mr. Big Mac.

I was wondering if maybe you can come into town and throw a party for the Apples on their birthdays. I don’t know when they are, so you’re probably going to have to ask Apple Bloom or Babs. Please say yes. I just know they’d love how much fun your parties are.

Sincerely,

Sweetie Belle

Dear Miss Pinkie,

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Diamond Tiara’s party was a lot of fun. I really liked choosing out a gift for her, and seeing how good my gift made her feel, it made me feel really good inside too.

Anyway, remember how Sweetie Belle mentioned how Scootaloo, Cousin Babs, and I keep messing up her sister’s clean laundry? Well, those days are over! As soon as school was done for the day, the three of us rushed over to Miss Rarity’s as quick as lightning. Then, we took the clothes of her clothesline and folded them for her as straight and neat as the stitches on our family quilt.

Miss Rarity must have seen us doing her laundry for her because later that night, she came over to our house and gave my brother Big Mac a new scarf and my sister Applejack a new hat. Then, the next day, AJ went over and gave her a pie, and on the day after, she let me, Babs, and Scootaloo in her shop to get fitted for new dresses.

I had never been inside of Miss Rarity’s dress shop before then, so I had no idea that Miss Rarity made such mighty fine dresses. When I told Miss Rarity that I thought her dresses looked pretty, she showed me a book full of pictures of dresses that she wanted to make, and they were even finer than the ones she sells. It turns out that she never made them because she was worried that with all the fighting and feuding going on, they’d end up ruined. She seemed really sad about not being able to make the dresses she wanted to make, so I asked her if she’d teach me to sew just to cheer her up. Let me tell you, her face lit up brighter than the stars in the night sky, and it felt real good.

Say, what if everyone in town had something to dress up real nice for, like one of your parties? Then, Miss Rarity will be able to make and sell nicer dresses, and she’d be even happier. My granny’s birthday is coming up. Maybe you could throw a party for her, and I could invite Miss Rarity. I could also invite Mr. Rich and Diamond Tiara and her friends. My family is starting to become friends with them, and I’m sure they won’t mind if I asked them to dress up for the occasion. Let me know what you think.

Signed,

Apple Bloom

Dear Miss Pinkie,

My sort-of-but-not-really older sister Trixie yelled at me for not going to work with her again today. She’s usually too busy making Sunset Shimmer mad to care what I do, but she was extra mad that time because Sunset Shimmer had just made a mess of the Mr. Davenport’s store again. She made me go clean it up while she supervised.

I started cleaning paint off the storefront, and the boy who worked across the street came over and started helping me. His name is Snips, and it turns out Sunset Shimmer is his sort-of-but-not-really older sister. We started talking while we cleaned, and it turns out we have a lot in common. We both have sort-of-but-not-really older sisters who don’t like each other. We both like going to school to get away from them, and we both like gum. I even shared some of my gum with him. I told him to be careful because I got it stuck all over me once. It turns out that he got gum stuck all over himself once too. I think the two of us are going to be best friends.

After we finished cleaning the paint, he told me where Sunset Shimmer had told him to hide the paint bomb, and we got rid of it. I tried to tell him where I hid Trixie’s smoke bomb, but I completely forgot where I hid it, so I spent the rest of the day helping him look for it. Good thing we found it and got it out of the store because it exploded right after we threw it away. Our sisters seemed confused by why we were getting rid of their bombs, but they’ll probably thank us later once they notice that we don’t have to clean as much.

Anyway, Snips and I didn’t have anything else to do afterwards, so I asked him if he wanted to build a snowman. We ended up making a whole lot of snowmen, and we must have been having a lot of fun because our sisters came out and joined us. After we got bored of making snowmen, we started throwing snowballs at each other, and it was really fun. Trixie and Sunset didn’t even try to hide rocks in theirs like they normally do.

Maybe if we find more fun things to do together, Sunset and Trixie might end up being friends like me and Snips. Those games from the party were really fun. Maybe you should come over and teach Trixie and Sunset how to play too, so all of us can have fun and be friends together. Can five people be a party? It’s fine if five people aren’t a party. We can just hang out and play games together and not have a party.

From,

Snails

Dear Miss Pinkie,

My brother Cerulean Brush had this crazy idea to go around town repainting all the signs and mailboxes in town, but a lot of them were falling apart, so I dragged our friend Carpenter Pencil along with us to help us fix them. Actually, Carpenter and I did most of the fixing. Lean tried to help as much as he could, but he was mostly waiting for us to finish so he could paint.

Some kids from the Stone clan, two boys and a girl, saw what we were doing and decided to help us out. We were able to get the work done so much faster that way. The younger boy Denim Jacket saw Lean painting pictures on the mailboxes and told him that his pictures were cool, and now, the two of them are best friends.

Anyway, the six of us had gone over to Mr. Rich’s general store to fix the sign. By the time we got there, our paint was running pretty low, but Lean was doing the best he could. Suddenly, the redhaired girl who works for Mr. Rich storms out of the store, and she looked really mad. I thought she was about to start yelling at us or something, but then, she just stops and looks at the sign. I don’t know how long she was just standing there and staring for, but after a while, she smiles and walks back inside the store. She comes back out a little while later with buckets of paint and tells to go ahead and use them. It turns out that she like the way Lean painted the sign and wanted to help out anyway that she could.

By the way, Lean and I were thinking of getting a whole bunch of kids and maybe a few of the grownups to help fix everything else in town that’s falling apart. I think maybe we can start with the Apple family’s barn. They have been planning on tearing it down and building a new one for a while now. Say, what if you come over, and we turn the whole thing into a barn-fixing party? That way we can help the Apples and have fun with all our friends all at the same time. What would you call something like that?

Your friend,

Obsidian Chisel

Author's Note:

This was inspired by the part of the movie where the kids start doing good deeds for the town, so everyone in town starts doing good deeds for each other. That's got to be my favorite part of the movie.