• ...
11
 78
 2,893

Conversations

WARNING: This chapter will contain swearing despite the T rating. If you dislike swearing or suicide attempts or even bullying you may not wanna read this chapter.



SUNSET POV:

Just 2 more blocks and I can finally die like I deserve.

When a bright red Chevrolet Silverado 2500 swerved in front of her almost crushing her in the process.

I would be fine with dying from a car wreck but I wouldn’t wanna wreck someone else’s life.

The passenger and driver doors of the red truck swung open abruptly causing me to jump back at the movement.

One super tall boy about my age clambered out of the drivers seat and over to the passenger side lifting out a boy who looked to be my age but was only about 4 & a half feet tall.

After promptly lifting the smaller boy onto his shoulder the taller one began walking towards me quickly.

The hell is this??

“Yo Sunset how are ya hanging?” The small shoulder riding boy asks his mouth curving into a toothy grin.

Really isn’t this wannabe gangster guy from school. Ugh.

“What do you want Runt?” I ask in annoyance.

“I just wanna talk.” He reply’s his fake jersey gangster accent dropping in and out as he talked.

Can’t a girl just off herself in peace?

Or the girl could not kill herself at all.

Shut up! Now is not the time for second thought’s.

“What do you wanna talk about?” I ask even though I could care less.

“You’re status as the ex—queen of this school & where you stand now.” Runt says his voice more sinister then usual even with the ridiculously fake jersey accent.

“Uhhhh what about it?” I sigh still not believing the ridiculousness of this short little vermin.

Yeah! crush this little shit and his muscly bodyguard.

No! No! Don’t think like that.

Why do I always think like that?

*SNAP* *SNAP* “YO SUNSET ya alright?” Runt asks snapping he’s fingers as he speaks and in turn snapping me out of my own self punishing thoughts.

“Fine. I-I-I just n-need to go.” I stammer trying to rush past Big Boy toward’s the bridge so I can stop the pain.

Big Boys huge arm stretched out and blocked me as his other arm set down Runt off his shoulder with a quick plop.

“Before ya run away and off ya self….
…..i need something from ya.” Runt declares as Big Boy gets his whole body between me and the bridge.

How’d he know what I was going to do?

“How’d you know what i was going to do?” I ask genuinely interested in this conversation for the first time tonight.

Runt looked right at me both eyebrows raised and asks “really?” With his arms now crossed he sighs and continues to stare at me.

Dropping the fake accent and instead looking as annoyed as he can he say’s “I’ve been watching you at school and outside of it for week’s and the signs are all their.”

As I look down at the small boy I think how could this complete stranger who I barely know notice all that when my friends didn’t.

Pretending to be offended I exclaim “YOU’VE BEEN WATCHING ME!” My facing contorting into a look of “anger”

Runt simply sighs and says “look I don’t wanna be here and you don’t want me & my friend here stopping you from killing yourself.” Gesturing you Big Boy as he speaks.

“So I’ll ask you my questions straight up & then I’ll let you go off and end you’re life” he exclaims as he pull’s out a piece of paper that appeared to have a list scribbled on it.

Why bother with this little asshole? Just ditch him and his ogre of a bodyguard.

Why don’t we avoid confrontation for once?

As much as I dislike “my shoulder angel” she’s right….

……Why start a conflict when you can just answer a few questions & be done with it?

The answer was clear just answer his questions honestly and quickly.

Runt sniffled and wiped away some wayward snot as he began his questions “You have blackmail and info on everyone at school correct?”

I nodded while muttering “Obviously.”

Sniffle’s again “do you still have the info on everyone?” He says his eyes unflinchingly watching my every move.

Why does he want know?

He looks up from his piece of paper and say’s “well?”

Won’t matter to me if I’m dead I guess..

I look him in the eyes and say ”yes! Of course I do never get rid of anything useful.” My voice slightly cracks as I say that quietly with tears in my eye’s.

Even when I have my awesome friends I can’t get rid of my safety net.

Without skipping a beat Runt moved on to the next question “where do you keep you’re info on the rest of the school?”

My pocket

I instinctively touch my jacket pocket where my smartphone is currently residing. My fingers lightly caressing the case as I pull it out from the small area it’d kept it in all day.

“Here!” I respond just above a whisper as I show my phone to the boy stand across from me.

Runt pulls out his phone and say’s “ahh of course great minds think alike.”

“So Sunset why don’t you airdrop me the info and I’ll let you go do you’re thing.” Runt says coughing as he says thing.

His coughing getting gradually louder and louder until Big Boy rushes over pulling an inhaler out of his jeans and handing it to the smaller boy.

I watch as Runt grabs the inhaler and with a shaky hand pushes one end in his mouth and pressing the button on top as he gasps for air.

I genuinely felt bad for the small boy. Constantly carrying something that you could need at any moment something so important that if it failed you could die gasping or coughing for air.

No matter how bad I felt for him could I just send him all that power?

He’ll probably just use it to protect himself & maybe even other’s. “my shoulder angel” suggests

“My shoulder demon” blows a raspberry and in my mind: We all know that just like you were the queen of school…..

…..you’ll be crowning him the new king!

Quietly I press all of the 6 numbers to unlock my phone 1 at a time: 6 9 1 4 0 {brief pause} 6

You’ll be hurting more people If you do this…. “Shoulder angel” mutters.

Including you’re “friends” “Shoulder demon” thinks.

I already deleted all the stuff about my friends & you know it.

As I was debating what to do Runt’s voice cut through the cold winter night “If you’re worried what I’m going to do don’t be……”

{silence}

“…… I don’t plan on blackmailing or even running the school…….”

“…….After all I’m no king” Runt finally finishes with a small nod. Big Boy nodding vigorously behind him with a large thumb’s up.

As much as I don’t believe him…..

……I could care less if anyone at that school gets they’re secrets spilled or their social status ruined.

And with one touch of my screen I had Airdropped everything on everyone at the school straight to Runt. & to be honest I could care less.


15 MINUTES LATER:

I’d been walking 5 minutes after finishing my talk with Runt and now I was at the edge of the bridge.

Finally I’ve made it.

I slowly begin walking to the middle of the abandoned bridge slowly pulling off my hoodie and dropping it and my phone in a pile on the bridge.

Then I sat neatly untying my boot’s and then pulling them off & then setting them down next to my pile of clothes.

And slowly but surely I walked over to the edge gently pulling myself over the large metal bar between me and my peace.

The water looked as calm as a river could be my only concern being that would mean I’d die slow….

….but hey at least I’ll die!

You don’t have to do this Sunset. my “shoulder angel” softly told my subconscious.

Sniffling I respond to the voice in my head out-loud “yes I do.” And on that note I let go of the railing and fell towards the ice cold relief of the water.

Right before I hit the water I could’ve sworn I heard something it almost sounded like someone calling my name.

I reveled in the water looking around at the icy black nothing around me as the bubble’s from my breathing float past my eye’s.

Their’s something so peaceful yet so violent about this I thought as I slowly but surely blacked out letting the gentle stillness of sleep consume me for the last time.


Sunset Shimmer Later?:

Where am I? I thought as my eyes began to flutter open.

My eye’s open only to be greeted with the bright glare of fluorescent lights that temporarily blind me.

“What?” I say out loud.

“Sunset you’re awake!” A familiar voice to the right of me say’s out-loud happily.

Author's Note:

Welp Sunset live’s……

……..but her suffering is far from over :pinkiecrazy:!

And if you were weirded out by the Runt conversation that was intentional.