• Published 3rd Jul 2022
  • 625 Views, 20 Comments

What if Flim and Flam Were Raised by Granny? - Triple-Rainbow



What if Flim and Flam were part of the Apple Family instead of Applejack and Big Mac?

  • ...
1
 20
 625

Funny Apple Related Saying That's Relevant.

The moon hung high in the sky as the mare inside it glared down at the slumbering ponies below.

As for the ponies who weren’t asleep, there was one mare in a lilac colored coat with a bottle tucked under her foreleg. She stumbled blindly through the streets, humming a garbled tune as she grew closer to a small schoolhouse on the edge of town.

A lot of beer and some good company had caused Berry to be locked out of her house, and she knew one pony who would be able to help her. All she had to do was trot to the school, knock on the door, and then her sister would help her.

Easy peasy lemon squeaky when it’s sleazy cause cheesy pot pie and she don’t care, cheesy pot pie, and don’t care, “Cheesy pot pie an’ I don’ care!” She sung.

Second verse, same as the first! As she was enjoying her time singing, a voice suddenly cut through the darkness and knocked her off her rhythm. So rude.

“Who’s there?” A stallion’s voice shouted, before another one joined it.

“Flam, what. is. Wrong with you,” they complained.

“What? I wanted to know who was out there.”

“Flam. We’re trespassing.”

Peering through the darkness, Berry trotted through the playground and saw two lanky unicorns with bright red manes sitting next to . Flam and Flim, if she remembered right.

“What’re you doin’ here?” She asked, earning a pair of cautious looks from the twins.

“… What are you doing here?” Flam… Flim? Buck, they looked the same, asked.

“I asked first,” Berry argued.

“… No, you didn’t, we did,” one of them countered. Damn, really? She was worse than she thought.

“I’m here to see if Cher’s done with work yet.”

“Berry, it’s midnight,” the yellow unicorn chastised, running a hoof across their face as he sighed.

“Oh. Well what are you doing here?” Berry asked again.

“We got your permission to help rebuild the playground, remember?” The one with a red blob on their muzzle said.

Really? Wow, Berry was such a considerate sister then. Look at her, helping out her little sis and making sure those tail biters were happy. Oh hey, the sky is suddenly staring at her. Silly stars.


The two sober stallions watched Berry’s descent into a giggle fit end with the mare falling on her side before passing out in the dirt.

“… Should we help her up?” Flim asked.

“I won’t say anything if you won’t,” Flam stated, creating a silent agreement between the siblings to let sleeping idiots lie.

Their shovels sunk into the brittle dirt below as they tore out the base of the old twirler and scrubbed out the grime and replaced it with the new, definitely not made out of spare plane parts, twirler. It had been a hassle to secretly lug the heavy metal park piece all the way from Sweet Apple Acres, but it was the only major piece that needed to be completely replaced.

The seesaw only needed new cushions and a sturdier plank of wood, and the swing-sets needed a Flim and Flam specially branded adhesive remover.

“Heh, we sure left this place for worse when we were done,” Flim remised, sighing in nostalgia as he looked at the new bell in the tower. “They still haven’t found that bell yet, huh?”

“I guess not. I’m pretty surprised that the glue is still holding on those swing-set chains.”

“Of course, only the best for a little revenge before we finally left this dump.”

“Yeah… Can’t say I feel too good about it now that Apps is going here,” Flam said, earring a dejected sigh from his twin.

“Yeah. But hey, at least we’re fixing them now for her,” Flim decided, adding the final touch to each plaything by hiding a small device on each one. “And, with these convertors, these little munchkins will fix our problems too.”

“Alright, that settles it. Anything we missed?”

“Hmmm. Swings?”

“Swung right around.”

“Seesaw.”

“It’ll see better days.”

“Twirler?”

“It uh… Oh, it made a complete turn-around!” Flam joked.

“Perfect! Now, for the finishing touch,” Flim said, lightning up his horn and activating the gemstones attached to each receiver. “By this time tomorrow, we’ll be sleeping in… Yawn, in money.”

“Per… Perfect,” Flam agreed, shaking off the temptation to sleep for a few more minutes. “We… We better get home Flim.”

“You said it Flim.”

“You’re Flim,” Flam corrected.

“I know. I said Flam.”

“Did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not.”

“Did t-you know what, forget it. Just help me lug this stuff back home so we can sleep.”

“You… You got it!” Flam agreed, using a spell to lift up half of the playground’s old twirler and the other tools and pieces they brought with them.

It was a long trot back to Sweet Apple Acres after that. Their hooves carried them all the way to the shed of their humble home, before Flam finally fell victim to his heavy eye-lids and fell to the ground. His brother was no better, only making it a foot away from the latch of the shed before he slumped onto the dirt and laid his head.

The twins, being no strangers to having loose dirt and grass acting as their beds after a long day and night of work, didn’t wake up from their arguably very comfortable rest until Celestia’s sun began to peer over the horizon.