• Published 24th May 2021
  • 2,245 Views, 88 Comments

The Gift of Time - Shadow Dragon



On her 1,000,000th birthday Princess Twilight Sparkle receives the greatest gift she could ever hope for, a chance to see her friends again

  • ...
8
 88
 2,245

Feeling Pinkie Keen

Author's Note:

Sorry about not posting for so long, to be perfectly honest I kinda forgot about this story for a while, I promise to do better

Today would be a relatively exciting day for Twilight Sparkle, as it was the day her past self would learn about and question Pinkie Pie and her ability’s and it was also because of this particular day that past Twilight came up with a modo used for a long time by many ponies and even some humans “It’s Pinkie Pie. Don’t question it.”

The day started out like any other with taking care of the needs of Moonlight

Twilight and Spike walked through town wale Trixie watched Moonlight for the day, when suddenly they noticed Pinkie wearing an umbrella hat hiding under stuff

Spike asked “Is it just me or is Pinkie Pie acting more strange than normal?”

Twilight answered “Eh, that is a pretty high bar.”

They proceeded to ask what was wrong anyways, Pinkie explained her ability called Pinkie since and Twilight pretended not to believe it at first as that would’ve been suspicious otherwise, so she purposely allowed herself to take a frog to the face, fall into a ditch, and get covered in mud, by the time she was getting cleaned up Twilight stated “Okay, so Pinkie has the ability to predict the future with random body movements, it doesn’t make complete since but…” she suddenly stopped her sentence before she could say it’s Pinkie pie don’t question it and proceeded to instead say “Er, but I can figure it out.” She forced a smile that looked convincing thanking her luck that she was able to catch herself

Twilight proceeded to do an experiment with Pinkie Pie, this time the experiment would actually be effective, the plan was for Trixie to drop a book from a high place without Pinkie knowing so that they could test Pinkie since.
The experiment worked like a charm, Pinkie’s tale did twitch causing Twilight to actually surprisingly receive data, she hadn’t expected this outcome, she always assumed that studding Pinkie Pie in general was completely impossible, but apparently it wasn’t, she actually had some data
Checking the results Twilight discovered the readings were rather off somehow, when Pinkies tail twitched it left a reading of magic somehow, now Twilight knew that Earth Ponies did have magic but this signature was too strong to be Earth Pony magic, Earth Ponies and Pegasi had what was called internal magic that only affected the pony in question and not the environment, it was what gave them their super strength and flight respectively, wale the environment could be affected by the pony in question, for example Pegasi controlling the weather, it was more of magic itself that allows such a thing, Unicorns had external magic that could affect the environment around them, they could also alter themselves if they were magically skilled enough, as for Alicorns they had both internal and external magic, strength, flight and magic in general, Pinkie Pies readings match those of an Alicorn, both enteral and external magic, definitely much weaker than that of an actual Alicorn but according to this information Pinkie Pie has more magical power than Unicorn Twilight Sparkle, it was mind boggling but thinking about all of Pinkie shenanigans it somehow made since, a weird amount of since but since non the less, the readings also indicated that she had somewhat control over the powers she was using it but she herself doesn’t know that she has this power somehow.

Later after asking Pinkie to leave Trixie asked “So what is the deal with Pinkie since?”

Twilight explained “Well, to put it simply Pinkie Pie has magic rivaling ours.” More of just Trixie but it used to be true

Trixie asked “What?”

Twilight explained “Well Pinkie somehow had both enteral and external magic.”

Trixie asked “What magic?”

Twilight explained how Pegasi and Earth Ponies had internal magic and Unicorns had external magic and Trixie asked “So basically Pinkie can do both?”

Twilight stated “Yes but the magic itself was weird and unpredictable, almost Chaotic in a way.” It was then a lightbulb went off in Twilight’s mind and then stated “Wait a second, the ability to defy the laws of physics, a vast knowledge that others don’t usually notice, the ability to sometimes predict the outcomes of certain events, and occasional looking in a random direction and talking to nopony, it’s all there! I think I’ve somehow solved Pinkie Pie! I don’t believe it! I thought it was impossible!”

Trixie grew curious about this discovery and proceeded to ask “Really? How?”

Twilight ignoring Trixie’s question and continued “I could wright a book! I’ll call it The Mystery of Pinkie Pie. Countless times I just overlooked her crazy shenanigans the answer was staring me in the face the whole time!”

Trixie asked “Um Twilight? Can you here me?”

Twilight not hearing a word continued further “No forget just solving Pinkie Pie, this could be a major breakthrough for magic in general! That secret project I was working on could finally become a reality! I’ll need to study Pinkie a little more to completely understand it and I’ll also need a few willing test subjects, but if I’m right could be revolutionary!”

Trixie finally yelled “Twilight!”

Twilight Royal Canterlot voice yelled back “WHAT?!”

Trixie completely terrified somehow found the magical strength to teleport out of the library, if asked how she’d probably answer that under the total complete fear she felt in that moment she had a miniature magical outburst that lead to that, she’d probably never be able to replicate without some kind of help, as so not be completely traumatized by the event and became afraid of Twilight Trixie decided that she would just try to forget it had happened.

Suddenly a more calm looking twilight teleported in front on her and stated “Sorry about that, I was kinda in the zone.”

Trixie replied “It’s in the past, let’s just move on and pretend it never happened.”

Twilight actually smiled and stated “Deal.”

They went back to the Library where Trixie asked “So earlier you said you solved Pinkie Pie, among other questions I have, what’s up with Pinkie Pie?”

Twilight explained “Only that Pinkie has Chaos magic!”

Seeing the confused look on Trixie’s face Twilight explained “Chaos magic is the second most powerful magic their is, most powerful being artifact magic.”

Trixie replied “I thought Alicorn magic was the most powerful.”

Twilight explained “Yes and no, wale yes they do have the most magical prowess it should be noted that their power isn’t focused in one point like with Chaos magic, with Alicorns their magic is split 3 ways, Earth Pony strength, Pegasus flight, and then and only then is their actual magical power, and that’s were Chaos magic has more potency, first of all unlike other magic Chaos magic doesn't have a lot of rules or limits, the only limit to a chaos user’s power is only limited to their own imagination, Chaos magic bends reality to the users very will, for example say their was a Pony whose special talent was the ability to use Chaos magic, for the sake of this scenario let’s call her Screwball, even if she was an earth pony she’d have the ability to fly, create objects out of seemingly nothing, and even break reality if she wanted to.”

Trixie then asked “But wait, if your right about Pinkie, why isn’t Ponyvill been overwhelmed by the pure Chaos that some pony with Pinkie’s imagination would cause?”

Twilight stated “Because their are some rules to the power, it’s kinda complicated and I’d need to explain it again in a simplified version anyway so basically Chaos Magic only dose what the user allows. It makes since that Pinkie can and dose use it, their are certain ways one can test if one is a user of Chaos magic and Pinkie exhibits all factors to look for. First is that Chaos users look in random directions and seemingly talk to no pony, the first day I meet Pinkie I noticed her do this, the next is that Chaos users seem to have a vast unexplainable knowledge that no pony seems to notice, Pinkie Pie seems to know the name and birthdate of everypony in ponyvill by memory, after that are the more obvious ones, the ability to somewhat predict the future, Pinkie Since, and finally is the really big one, the ability to manipulate reality around them, their are a few instances of this but the one that immediately comes to mind is that she’s able to seemingly teleport.”

Trixie grew confused and asked “How do you know any of this?!l

Twilight simply stated “Because I can use it too.” To prove it she poofed cotton candy cloud into existence that began raining chocolate milk, she soon after poofed it away

Trixie was in awe and amazement as Twilight further explained “Chaos magic can be taught, but learning how to use it is next to impossible, their are many steps to learn how to do so and I was just one of the few not to lose their sanity learning it.” She then thought to herself ‘Because you can’t loose what you don’t have anymore.

Trixie baffled asked “Wait!? You can loose your sanity just by learning it?”

Twilight stated “No offense to Pinkie but even her sanity is questionable at best, I have a few theories as to how Pinkie can use Chaos Magic but I can figure it out.” She already had, in the future when Pinkie accidentally absorbed Discord’s magic it was too much to keep in one point so it must’ve infected Pinkie’s full life span, how that works? Pinkie was always destined to one day absorb Discord’s magic, the method might be different this time but no matter what, Pinkie will absorb Discords magic, on the bright side she knew what her nightmare would be tonight.

Trixie then asked “So what was that about a secret project?”

Twilight stated “It’s only in the beginning stages, I’m not even sure it’ll work yet, but I’ll figure it out, I’ll need more data before I can come to any sort of conclusion and I definitely can’t reveal any details for now, I can worry about that some other time, for now Moonlight needs some attention.”

If only it ended their but it didn’t, Trixie was determined to help Twilight gather the data any way possible so she followed around Pinkie to observe and record what happens, first she got stung by bees, then she accidentally fell into a cellular, and for the grand finally of first a flower pot falling on her head, fallowed by an anvil, and then a haycart, and finally a piano.
Later Trixie, Applejack, and Pinkie went to Froggy bottom bog because Pinkie synced a dozy happening there, it would later be revealed that the dozy was Trixie accepting that Pinkie Pie is impossible to study without help as she had refused any and all attempts from Spike to offer a helping claw, and that Twilight was probably right about the whole Pinkie has Chaos magic thing

Trixie was soon patched up and good to go, she apologized for getting herself into the previous situations by not asking for help but Twilight brushed it aside just deciding to move on from the incident, Trixie did offer to help Twilight with whatever that secret project was and Twilight suggested they enjoy the rest of the day, as Twilight knew that later that week they would have to deal with the problem in Appaloosa but she was already making a plan to help the Buffalo and ponies settle their argument with the same solution that was used originally but without them needing to almost go to war, by making the compromise that worked for all of them, The Appleloosa ponies would make sure to keep a clear path through their orchard so that the Buffalo could continue doing their annual stampede, their Stampede would make harvest much easier as the Buffalo made the apples fall from the trees wale running through and they could all live together in Appleloosa to learn more about each other’s cultures