• ...
3
 70
 901

PreviousChapters Next
A.J. Phone Home

After months of planning and preparation the fleet finally set off. There had been a grand parade the entire length of Canterlot, and everyone who could find any excuse to leave work came to gawk at the new Viceroy. Twilight sat in a large open top horse drawn carriage and Pinkie sat beside her and threw candy to the children. The knights of Strike Team Sparkle marched behind in their mech suits, and both Applejack and Fluttershy had to glare menacingly at several groups of women who cheered and flashed Rainbow Dash as she strode by.

Speeches were given and a public holiday was declared throughout the empire. A protracted photo shoot with the Viceroys was taken and Celestia had one last meeting with Twilight on the shuttle ride to orbit. They didn't speak of the upcoming struggle, or of tactics. They spoke like they always did, as mentor and student. Maybe now as nominal equals, but still with the same easy friendship they'd always maintained.

"That knight of yours is certainly something. The crowd was very taken with her." Celestia said

Twilight grinned and fidgeted like a school girl with her first crush. "Yes and so am I." She looked out the window and sighed wistfully. "So am I."

Celestia's face fell slightly in concern. "And you're not concerned at all?"

Twilight looked at Celestia in confusion. "About what?"

Celestia sighed. "Twilight have you given consideration to the fact that in a thousand years neither Luna nor I ever took a spouse?" Twilight thought for a long moment. Celestia looked out into the void. "Twilight. In all likelihood you will survive long after your companion has passed. And what will you do then Twilight?"

Twilight thought for another moment. "I don't think that'll be an issue." Celestia looked at her in mild surprise. Twilight smiled sagely. "I'd rather spend a lifetime with her, than an eternity without her." She looked at Celestia with a far away look. "I fell in love with her when I was mortal Celestia. When both of us were knights who could die at any time. And apparently we can still die so, I'm really not that concerned." Celestia stared in wonder at her fellow Viceroy's humility. She smiled at the fact that even a thousand years later she still had much to learn.

"Oh ummm that reminds me but. . . " Twilight asked bashfully. Celestia raised an eyebrow. She'd never seen Twilight this embarrassed with her before. "Well I mean you said you never took a spouse but.. . ." Her face grew red. Celestia prodded her to go on. "Well I mean Pinkie and I were. . . Intimate. . . Before the transformation but now it's. . . It's constant." Twilight said both in red faced embarrassment, and a slight joy. She wanted to gush about her sex life to the only other person like her in existence, but that someone was her mentor so she kept it appropriate "I mean she was loving before but now she's much more." She fished for the right word. ". . . Amorous? I mean she wants it all the time now and I'm worried about her health."

Twilight was amazed to see a slight blush on her mentor's face. "Well Twilight, I . . . I wouldn't know much about such things. . . I mean I never ummm." It took Twilight a considerable amount of effort not to alienate herself from the woman she most respected in the galaxy. But here Celestia was, arguably the most beautiful woman in humanity, admitting she had no experience with love. "I'd imagine it's your charisma Twilight." She said at length. "Yes. I think that's it. You need to tone down your aura. Just like when you used to close off your mind from other people's thoughts, you just need to calm your psychic spill over." Twilight was given quite a shock as Celestia's long flowing ethereal hair slowly began to still then stop completely. She appeared as she did when Twilight saw her leaned against her throne, but this time still regal and smiling. She exhaled and she resumed her gentle glow and her hair began to flow again. "See? I'm sure you'll figure it out. Though do be cautious. I believe when we're at our calmest is when we're at our most vulnerable."

They arrived at the fleet in orbit and every ship in the armada that was assigned to the crusade was in parade formation. The Viceroys stood in the void and waved at each ship as it passed with its escorts. Each battleship loosed a broadside as it passed in salute. Finally they teleported onto the bridge of the Damocles and Rarity saluted. "My Viceroys, all ships present and accounted for. Ready to set sail at your order." Twilight nodded.

She embraced Celestia and the two looked proudly at each other for a long while. "Good luck Twilight." Was the last thing Celestia said to her as she teleported back into her shuttle.

Twilight looked at her assembled knights. They each grinned in turn. They were ready. She looked at S.P.I.K.E. who sheepishly waved. She turned to the view screen and stared into the void. She picked a certain ever so special planet and called, "Admiral, Take us to hyperspace." A flood of instructions cascaded through the ranks and every soul in the armada felt the gentle jerk of them accelerating to a speed so fast that anything they would hit would be converted back into heat radiation from whence its atoms were formed.

Twilight left the bridge and decided to retire. It had been a very long day and it was a bit of a trek to where they were going. Rainbow came alongside, her hands casually folded behind her head in the cliche'd posture of confidence so appropriate for her. "So where we goin anyway."

Fluttershy chimed in. "Umm yes I don't think we ever got a debrief about our first objective."

Twilight turned and failed to keep a grin off of her face. "Well we had to start somewhere, so I figured why not in the outer rim. Oh I don't know maybe somewhere like. . . " She looked right into Applejack's eye. "Pomum Dulce." Applejack stopped dead in her tracks and her eyes swelled to the size of dinner plates.

Rainbow Dash turned and asked. "Hey A.J. ain't that.~"

She was cut off by Applejack grabbing her and Pinkie's head roughly in a headlock as she screamed. "YEEHAW! I'M GOIN HOME!!!"

PreviousChapters Next