• ...
3
 70
 901

PreviousChapters Next
Homecoming

Twilight dreamed of hearing waves crashing on the beach and the salty smell of the sea filling her nostrils. She rose and knew she wanted to see someone, someone that she loved, someone that loved her. She walked naked onto the beach and saw an enormous machine standing there. On top of the machine was the woman she'd been looking for and her heart warmed at the sight. The woman stood there, in the late morning sun, her long pink curls flowing behind her in the breeze.

Twilight knew she wanted to be close to that woman and stretched her long wings out to fly to her. She felt her love grow as she neared the woman on the mech. She hovered mere feet from the woman when she turned around. The woman had tears in her eyes but a smile on her face. The tears were tears of joy, the woman leaned in close and whispered in a sing song voice, "I'm Baaaaack!"

Twilight's eye snapped open, the alarms were already shrieking, and a red flashing light filled the room. Twilight sat up in her bed almost dazed. The dream had been different. For the first night in five whole years the dream had been different. She felt something in her hand and looked at it. There in her hand was a cupcake with orange and yellow frosting piled high. She gave a small smile. Twilight couldn't care any less about the alarm blaring, or the fact that both Rarity and S.P.I.K.E. were trying to get her attention, she simply rose and slowly dressed.

In the void Admiral Sir Rarity had just dropped out of hyperspace in the cleared space above Terra. She leaned her face against the back of a hand in boredom as the fleet prepared to loose its broadside as standard procedure. She looked and saw the shining blue marble of the throne world and sighed hard. Hondo Flanks had been executed years ago as the Viceroys needed something, anything to show they were doing what they could against the Separatists. She sighed hard, "All those years of not going to Terra because of him, now I couldn't return if I wanted to."

The fleet loosed it's broadside and just as she was about to hit the button that said no fleet detected, the cloner fleet dropped out of hyperspace directly above them. Every soul in the Imperial Armada stood still for a moment in shock, until S.P.I.K.E.'s voice cut through the air barking "BRACE FOR IMPACT!" Every ship shook with the turbulence and several ships in both fleets crashed into each other upon reentry.

With that the battle was begun. Boarding craft poured by the thousands out of the Invading fleet and darted straight for the Imperial Armada. Rarity took personal control of each ship's weapon systems and mowed down wave after wave of boarding crafts, but it wasn't enough, they were already too close. She felt the boarding lasers cut into her and the crafts infantry spilling out. She sealed off bulkheads and locked doors in a desperate attempt to slow them down, but she realized soon that this wasn't a ground invasion, they were coming straight for her.

Applejack was the first out of the Damocles, her new engine flinging her across the battlefield. She uninterestedly took potshots at passing boarding craft as she went by. She didn't care about them, she didn't even care about keeping them off of the Damocles. No, Applejack had only one thing in mind, find her. Suddenly she spied what she was looking for. Small Rainbow streaks of light could be seen on the other side of the battlefield and she set her thrusters to full speed.

Rainbow had been using her shields to open makeshift portholes for boarding parties when she felt herself hit hard. She went spinning away for several seconds before her suit's computer stabilized her. She grit her teeth as she saw Applejack closing the distance between them. Finally, it was her moment, after years of denial for Pinkie's stupid fucking plan she could get her revenge. She blasted towards her grimacing with hate. Her shield absorbed several hard impacts and veered off to the left. Applejack knew Rainbow's suit like the back of her augmentic hand, she knew all she had to do was wear down its battery.

On the Damocles Twilight walked with a small smile on her face, a tuneless song escaping her lips, this was the happiest she'd been since that day on the beach. She strolled casually to a loading deck, the were techs and mechs scrambling to get to various points of action throughout the battle. All of a sudden each felt an overwhelming urge to quickly leave the room. Twilight lazily dropped the void shields with her mind and the atmosphere rushed out with a howl. A small landing craft slowly entered the ship and landed in the empty bay.

Twilight closed the void shields and allowed the atmosphere to reassert itself. She never knew how Pinkie always knew, but she always knew. The landing crafts canopy opened and Pinkie slowly rose out of the cockpit, a warm smile on her face. "Hello love muffin."

PreviousChapters Next