• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 1,031 Views, 83 Comments

Tales of Equestria: Changing into Love - Noratcat



Freed from stone, Chrysalis finds herself in a new form of prison, but will she ultimately find a new way of living?

  • ...
2
 83
 1,031

Chapter 2

Chrysalis couldn't believe what she was staring at. This had to be a bad dream, no, a nightmare! Where she was expecting to see her glorious Changeling form, she was now staring at a pony!

"This can't be happening," She told herself, "It can't be real!"

No matter how much she pinched herself, nothing was making sense. But then she remembered: she could simply shapeshift back! She struggled, willed forth the magic that her kind was taught since birth, even closing her eyes to anticipate her original form, but when she opened them she saw nothing but a pony.

A brisk splash followed as she rammed her hoof into the puddle, "This can't be happening!" She exclaimed.

Yes, this had to be some kind of cosmic joke. But whose joke? Then it hit her, "Discord! This has to be him!"

It made sense. After all, the spirit of disharmony thrived for this sort of thing. Why he had even tricked her along with Lord Tirek and the brat Cozy Glow into thinking he was Grogar. Her first reaction was to march up to Canterlot, find Discord, and take back what she felt was hers. But as she took the first step, she came to a realization: she was a pony, not a Changeling queen.

Letting out a sigh, Chrysalis composed her thoughts, "This won't do," She told herself, "My first goal should be getting out of this rain.

And so the former queen of the Changelings sneaked off, heading towards a broad forest. She needed to plan this out, make certain her goals were realized. This was a temporary set back but all great plans held such things. She just had to deal with it and then take everything in one fell swoop.

XXX

The rain fell for days. Falling in a torrential pattern. It never seemed to let up, keeping the creatures of Equestria inside indefinitely. But then, after three days, it subsided, and then came to a halt completely.

With the weather back to normal, the ponies all came out of their homes, the only remnants of the rainstorm were the droplets that fell from the rafters, and the damp that coated the grass. In one small village, a single door opened up, and a pony stepped out. He was an Earth Pony, one with a green coat, and an orange mane. Upon his flank lay his cutie mark, a sprig of what appeared to be herbs, a different shade of green than his coat. His blue eyes scanned the area and took in a deep breath.

"Got to love that post-rain air!" He exclaimed with a sigh.

Just then he heard a clearing of a voice. Looking behind he noticed a fellow Earth Pony mare with a yellow-green coat, red-orange mane, and a dahlia flower cutie mark staring at him, "You forget these Doctor Brother," She pointed to a pair of baskets, each fastened to settle upon a pony's back.

The aforementioned Doctor Brother grinned sheepishly and replied, "Thank you Sis MD."

"I know we're supposed to be the village doctors, but sometimes I feel like I'm the one doing all the work," The mare sighed.

"Come on Summer don't be like that," The Brother replied.

"Relax Spring, I'm just joshing you," Summer replied.

"All right, let's just go, those herbs aren't going to pick themselves," Spring replied.

The two siblings trotted off, heading deep into the forest. The pair went by the same "Spring Herb", and "Summer Flower". They were the co-doctors of the village of Trotter, no relation to Trottingham. Their job was a simple one: making sure the other villagers were in good health. Perhaps it wasn't such a simple job, but it was enough for the two ponies. The rainstorm had provided an ample opportunity for herb gathering, one that they decided to take advantage of.

"Ugh, I swear someone must have been drunk at the weather factory," Summer Flower exclaimed, "Three days straight of rain is not normal!"

"In my opinion, we were long overdue for a rain shower," Spring Herb said.

"But three days? Come on Bro!" Summer retorted, "I don't know why Princess Twilight doesn't enforce better laws in regards to rain?"

"Who knows? Maybe there was an accident? Remember that fog incident a few years back?" Spring reminded.

"Don't remind me," Summer stated as she remembered, "I don't know what was thicker that day? The fog or the pea soup we had for dinner."

Spring chuckled and smiled as he glanced down at his hooves, "Excessive rain or not, the herbs have come out nicely in the rain," The stallion stated.

Summer looked on ahead at the bits of herbs that dotted the landscape, "Well you do have a point there," The mare had to admit that, "I'll head over there, you go look over there okay?"

"Sure," Spring agreed.

The two siblings parted ways as they continued their herb hunting. The best herbs thrived in the rain, and the best ones were what was needed in terms of healing. That's what their father had taught them. Parents were a great source of wisdom, and Spring and Summer's parents were the best. Of course, "were", they had passed on years ago. A sad day, but they moved on and pressed together as the twin doctors of the village.

Spring methodically gathered up the herbs, dropping them in the basket. He took care not to over glut the basket. Sure they needed enough, but he wanted to leave behind enough for nature. Just a steady supply, it wasn't as if everyone had ailments every day after all.

He spied a rather fresh-looking one. Good for him, as he felt this would be it for the gathering. He reached towards the herb when suddenly, something came crashing down! The herb was crushed under hoof, but not by his, someone else. A gray hoof landed prominently upon the herb, causing Spring to look up to find its source. To his surprise, it was a mare.

The gray coated mare raggedly stared at him. Her breathing heavy, and her features sunken in, "Please...help...me!" She pleaded before collapsing into a faint.

"Oh my goodness!" Spring exclaimed, "Summer!" He called, He didn't hear his sibling so he called again, "Summer! Come quick!"

"Spring! What is it?" Summer called back, trotting into view, coming to a halt once she noticed the mare, "Woah! Who is this!"

"I don't know!" Spring exclaimed. Reaching down he put a hoof to her forehead, "She's burning up, we have to take her back with us quick!"

Summer didn't argue as she helped load the mare upon Spring's back. Summer herself took the extra baskets. No need for her brother to strain himself.

The pair continued on their way, their extra haul in tow. Slowly, but steadily they made it back to their home and clinic. This was a day they hadn't expected but knew their jobs as doctors were needed today.

"I'll get her ready and stable, get the soup ready, stat!" Spring directed.

"You got it!" Summer said as she picked out the proper ingredients.

All the while the strange mare slept, totally unaware of the ones who had saved her. Today had indeed been an interesting day, one that the two siblings would find they would never forget. And even though she was unaware, Chrysalis wouldn't forget either.

Author's Note:

And so enters the oc's. Personally I think I write better with Oc's than canon characters.