• Published 6th Apr 2021
  • 1,620 Views, 82 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Crystal Caverns - Skywalker215



Eric Sparkle and his friends must solve the mystery of Canterlot’s Crystal Caverns.

  • ...
3
 82
 1,620

Chapter 4: A Hot Day in Ponyville/A Special Date

Two weeks passed since Eric’s birthday. Prince Blueblood has been stripped of his title, and arrested for treason and conspiracy, but Wind Rider and Descent escaped. With Glacio’s pet basilisk, Grimlock on the loose, Canterlot was now in a state of emergency and Ponyville was on high alert. It was noon and the temperature was exactly 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

Eric tried fanning himself with his hands but it did no good, “I’m hot,” he said.

Twilight took notice and said, “Here,” as she started fanning him with her wing.

“Thanks, mommy,” Eric said.

“Storm and I are meeting our friends at the lake, care to join us?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, please. Ron could use a swim and so could Storm’s geese, Chris and Martin,” Eric replied.

As soon as Storm and Starlight came out, he asked, “Eric, did you put some sunblock on like I asked you to?”

“I did, Storm. I asked Starlight to help me with my back,” Eric replied.

The five of them, including Eric and Spike teleported to the lake. There, they met up with the others, including Jasper and Smokey, and even Forest Thunder was present, since he and Rainbow Dash started dating a week prior.

Just then, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo came up and greeted, “Hi, Eric!”

“Hi, girls,” Eric replied as he hugged them.

Pinkie immediately jumped into the lake, followed by Rainbow and Forest, then Applejack and Smokey.

“Shall we, Rare-bear?” Jasper asked.

“All that lake water could ruin my mane and coat,” Rarity complained.

“It’s no big deal, Rarity. You can take a nice refreshing shower when we get home,” Jasper said reassuringly before whispering in her ear, “I’ll join you if you like.”

“You’re right, Jasper. How sweet of you to offer,” Rarity replied, then giggled.

Rarity and Jasper soon went into the lake, followed by Twilight and Storm, and even Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo jumped in.

“Eric, want to come in and swim with us?” Apple Bloom asked.

“No, girls. I can’t swim,” Eric replied.

“I can teach you,” Applejack said.

“A swim would be nice and refreshing for you, sweetie,” Twilight added.

“The thing is, two years ago when Ted tried to teach me how to swim, some mean kids pulled me under into the deep end, and I nearly drowned. That’s why I am uneasy about it,” Eric explained.

“You’re safe with us, sport. Your mom and I are right beside you,” Storm said reassuringly.

“Besides, why else would we recommend you wear waterproof shorts today?” Starlight asked rhetorically.

Eric slowly walked into the lake, with the others giving him some words of encouragement. Soon enough, Applejack began teaching Eric the pony paddle.

Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Nightshade and the rest of the Magical Six (minus Holly) we’re keeping tabs on the basilisk. Soon enough, Nightshade heard his parents call him. He ran up to them and asked, “You called for me, daddy?”

“Your mother and I have great news,” Fancy Pants said.

“What is it, mummy?” Nightshade asked.

“We’re having a foal, you’re going to be a big brother soon,” Fleur de Lis replied.

Pretty soon, Nightshade’s excitement turned to concern as he thought about the basilisk.

“Somepony needs to get rid of that basilisk and soon,” he said.

“I’m sure Princess Celestia will summon Princess Twilight, Sir Storm, and their friends here to defeat it soon enough,” Fancy Pants replied.

“I hope you’re right, ‘cause I fear this basilisk emergency might hinder my career as a model,” Fleur said.

Back at the lake a short time later, Eric managed to get over his nervousness and kept practicing his swimming. He immediately blushed at the sight of Sweetie Belle’s wet mane, his thoughts were soon cut off by Twilight calling him, “Eric, it’s time for lunch!”

Eric went to the towel where there was a spread of apples, carrot dogs, oat burgers, and some cheesy tofu. Everyone just started eating, including Eric, he immediately ate an apple and then some cheese tofu.

“What are these?” Eric asked pointing to some of the food items.

“Those are carrot dogs and oat burgers. Twilight and I were wondering if you wanted one,” Storm replied.

“I’ve never eaten those things before, and I’m not sure they fit my tastes,” Eric said.

“Sweetie, I think you should try some and find out,” Twilight replied.

Eric then took a bite of carrot dog and then an oat burger.

“Very crunchy. Interesting flavor,” Eric said as he gave a thumbs up.

“Glad you like them, sweetie. We remembered not to use any mustard since you told us you were allergic to it,” Twilight replied.

It was now 6:00 in the evening. Twilight and Storm were dressed in the attire they wore at the Grand Galloping Gala last year.

“Where are you off to, mommy and Storm?” Eric asked.

“We’re going on a date to Appletini’s Café in Canterlot,” Twilight replied as she hugged him.

“Be good for Starlight, okay sport? We’ll be back around 7:50,” Storm added before secretly eyeing his uniform pocket.

“Yes, mommy and Storm. Watch out for the basilisk,” Eric said.

“We’ll be on our guard, sweetie,” Twilight replied as she and Storm left.

Once Spike was finished making dinner, he, Eric, and Starlight started eating their spaghetti and veggie and cheese salads, they also had glasses of milk. Shortly after eating, Eric fed Ron some fish that he caught with a summoning charm while at the lake, he also got out the goose feed for Chris and Martin.

Soon after the pets were fed, Eric sat in Starlight’s lap while she read to him, they read a science fiction story called ‘Space Ponies: The Shadow Warrior’.

“I bet Jasper and Smokey would like to the Space Ponies series,” Eric said.

“You really think so?” Starlight asked.

“Yes, they’re really into science fiction and fantasy stories,” Eric replied.

“Interesting,” said Starlight before she resumed reading to Eric.

Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Twilight and Storm had just finished eating at Appletini’s and were strolling to the train station.

“That was a great dinner we had. Thank you, Storm,” Twilight said.

“You’re welcome, Twily. Before we head home, there’s one last thing I want to ask,” Storm replied.

“What is it you have to say?” Twilight asked.

Storm got down, took a little box out of his pocket and boldly said, “Will you marry me?” He then opened it revealing an amethyst ring.

Twilight smiled lovingly and shouted “YES!!!”

She excitedly tackled him and they engaged in a three-minute make out session. They broke it and many onlookers said, “Congratulations, Princess Twilight and Sir Storm!” They soon boarded the train headed for Ponyville.

Back at the Castle of Friendship, Eric and Starlight had finished reading and also got their teeth brushed. Eric put on his pjs and eagerly went to the front door. Soon enough, Twilight and Storm came in and gave him a group hug.

“Mommy!” Eric called out.

“Hi, sweetie,” Twilight greeted.

“We’ve got some good news for you, sport,” Storm said.

“What is it?” Eric asked.

“Sweetie, Storm and I are gonna get married!” Twilight replied.

Eric jumped up and down excitedly saying, “I was hoping for this!”

“Settle down now, sweetie. It’s almost time for bed,” Twilight said.

“Yes, mommy,” Eric replied.

“Eric, ever since I got to know you, you’ve always been like a son to me. Now that your mom and I are getting married, I’m proud to call you my son. I love you, sport,” Storm explained then hugged him.

“I love you too......daddy,” Eric replied.

Author's Note:

This is a pony version of Forest Thunder, who is from the MLP Equestria Girls chapter book, 'Canterlot High Tales: Rainbow Dash Brings the Blitz'