• Published 6th Apr 2021
  • 1,620 Views, 82 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Crystal Caverns - Skywalker215



Eric Sparkle and his friends must solve the mystery of Canterlot’s Crystal Caverns.

  • ...
3
 82
 1,620

Chapter 11: Tough Love

One early spring day, after Fluttershy’s brother Zephyr Breeze graduated from mane therapy school, he was still in an emotional shamble after he found out that the mare he admired was already in a relationship. Eric, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo noticed this and were trying to come up with a solution.

“You girls think we should help Zephyr?” Eric asked.

“He’s like super obnoxious, according to Rainbow Dash,” Scootaloo said. “I don’t think any mare would want to be with somepony like him.”

“That didn’t stop her and Fluttershy from helping him overcome his fear of failure. I think everypony deserves a special somepony, even Zephyr,” Eric replied, “I think that’s why he’s not himself today.”

“Good thinkin’, Eric. Maybe we could ask him why he likes Rainbow and help him get over her,” said Apple Bloom.

The four friends went over to Zephyr, then Sweetie Belle said, “Hi, Zephyr. Are you alright? You look troubled.”

“Great. Never been better,” Zephyr replied sarcastically.

“Somethin’ tells me you’re not,” Apple Bloom said.

“What is it about Rainbow Dash that you like?” Scootaloo asked.

“She’s athletic, fast, gorgeous, and a great flyer,” Zephyr replied.

“I’m pretty sure there are other, unattached mares who fit your description,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Such as Spitfire, Captain of the Wonderbolts. I think she’d be right for you,” Eric added.

“If I couldn’t have a chance at Rainbow Dash, what makes you think I may have one with Spitfire?” Zephyr asked with concern.

“Because we can help you not be a weirdo or obnoxious,” Scootaloo replied, “On a date, you just need to talk normally, like you’re talking to us right now.”

“I need some time to think,” Zephyr said.

“Sure. Take all the time you need, there’s no rush,” Eric replied, “If you need us, we’ll be at our clubhouse.”

Hours later, the Wonderbolts were performing an air show in Ponyville. Zephyr Breeze got a ticket and to his surprise, he was sitting next to Rainbow’s boyfriend, Forest Thunder.

“Hello, Zephyr. I didn’t expect to see you here,” Forest said. “I thought you wouldn’t bother to show up upon knowing Rainbow is dating me.”

“I’m still trying to get over her, I’m mainly here to watch Spitfire perform,” Zephyr replied.

As the air show went on, Zephyr was admiring Spitfire’s moves and enamored by her performance, while Forest was primarily focused on his girlfriend’s performance.

“What a mare!” Zephyr said.

Soon enough, the show was over and Forest met up with Rainbow. Upon seeing Spitfire, Zephyr composed himself, muttering, “Remember what the CMCs said, talk normally.”

“Hi, Spitfire,” Zephyr said.

“Hey, Zephyr. Haven’t seen you since Rainbow had you train with us,” Spitfire replied.

“I’m glad I finished mane therapy school, ‘cause when Rainbow made me train with you, that was just crazy,” said Zephyr, “Your performance was very graceful.”

“Thanks, Zephyr,” Spitfire replied.

At the CMCs clubhouse, Eric and the three fillies were coming up with a solution to help Zephyr to win Spitfire’s heart.

“It seems Zephyr is open to seeking a relationship with Spitfire, but she has to like him too in order for it to work out,” Sweetie Belle said.

“We’d better not get too involved y’all,” Apple Bloom said, “Remember what happened with Miss Cheerilee and Big Mac?”

“Hey, we agreed never to use that love potion, I mean poison, ever again. Right?” Scootaloo said.

“I remember, you told me about that last year, since I wasn’t here when that happened,” Eric added, “Besides, I have a better idea.”

“What do you have in mind, Eric?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“We can show Zephyr how to be a secret admirer. That’s a subtle technique,” Eric replied.

“Good thinkin’, Eric,” Apple Bloom said.

Just then, Zephyr came in and said, “Here’s Zephyr!”

“We’re glad you’re here, ‘cause we’re gonna show you how to be a secret admirer,” Scootaloo replied.

Zephyr sat down and asked, “What must I do?”

“For one thing, you shouldn’t sign your name on a love letter. You should also make sure you leave one that says something sweet, but not too mushy,” Eric replied.

Eric and the three fillies explained to Zephyr what it takes to be a secret admirer, including how to write a love poem.

The next day, at Wonderbolt headquarters, Spitfire was in her office when Soarin came in with some mail. She then opened it and it read:

To Spitfire

Your pretty face I shall always remember...

You’ll warm up my heart in September...

For you are the one I desire...

Your secret admirer :heart:

“I wonder who wrote this,” Spitfire said to herself.

“It seems you’ve got a secret admirer, Captain,” Soarin replied.

Over the course of the week, Spitfire kept receiving poems, bouquets of flowers, and boxes of chocolates. As soon as she was finished training cadets for the day, Spitfire got a note that said:

Please meet me by Saddle Lake near Ponyville

Soon enough, at the lake, the four CMCs were keeping well hidden in the bushes when they saw Spitfire flying down near them, happened to notice Zephyr Breeze waiting for her and went over to him.

“Hi, Spitfire,” Zephyr said.

“Hi, Zephyr. Did you send me those gifts?” Spitfire asked.

“I did. In my mind, you’re the most gorgeous and athletic flyer I’ve met,” Zephyr replied.

“You flatter me, Zephyr. You’re quite ‘dashing’ yourself,” Spitfire said.

“Good one, Spitfire. I didn’t know you had a sense of humor,” Zephyr replied.

“Not many stallions were able to win my heart like you did. It takes determination to woo a mare like me, and that’s exactly what you’ve shown me when you became my secret admirer,” Spitfire explained.

“If it wasn’t for Eric and his friends’ help, I probably would still be a lovesick stallion,” Zephyr replied then asked, “Would you like to join me for a date anytime soon?”

“I’d like to get to know you as a friend first, so let’s give it two weeks before we can go on a date,” Spitfire replied before kissing Zephyr’s cheek.

Zephyr blushed up a storm and said, “See you around, Spitfire.”

“See you ‘round too, Zephyr,” Spitfire replied before taking off.

Zephyr also took off saying, “Yes! Thank you, CMCs for your help!”

Eric, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo came out of the bushes saying quietly, “Happy to help, Zephyr.”

“We did it, girls!” Eric said as they entered a group hug.

They also gave each other their signature hoof/fist bump, then went back to their homes.