• Published 8th Mar 2021
  • 642 Views, 132 Comments

The Darkest Hour - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Megatron initiates his ultimate power over Equestria. The Autobots and ponies must work together to put an end to his tyranny lest he destroys everything they hold dear. Time is short.

  • ...
5
 132
 642

Chapter 15: Preparing for War

BACK IN CYBERTRON

Shockwave stood before his captives in the room as he held the Magnus Hammer. "Feeling comfortable? I do pity your utmost helplessness."

"Get scrapped, Shockwave!" Hot Shot barked, glaring at him.

“Quite feisty, aren’t we? How laughable,” Shockwave taunted.

“I don’t understand this. How could a dedicated Intelligence Officer turn out to be a vile Decepticon?” Alpha Trion dejectedly uttered. “How can you do this to us?”

“You truly don’t understand anything, old mech. You see, Megatron has power in both words and swords whereas you have weaknesses in both your faulty ideology and corrupt morality. See the contrast, old friend? It’s the main reason why your defeat is certain,” the ‘Con monologued.

“That’s a lie!! You Decepticons always lose! Cybertron will still prevail through this no matter what you do!” Brawn angrily shouted.

“You’re absolutely right, Brawn. Cybertron will prevail... under Megatron’s supervision. With you all out of the picture, a glorious new age will commence: the Age of Megatron,” Shockwave replied.

“You won’t get away with this, traitor,” Perceptor said.

“Tell it to the Hammer,” the Decepticon spy replied, gazing on the powerful mallet. Then he went over to Ultra Magnus as he lifted his head with the mallet.

"Thank you, Ultra Magnus, for your generosity in lending me your hammer. Your contribution to the Decepticons will be memorialized," Shockwave taunted.

Ultra Magnus struggled to move without replying to his captor. While he did so, Shockwave walked over to the windows and noticed that the space bridges were still functioning properly and saw all the Decepticons successfully entering the portals. Thus, he turned back to the Elite Guard as he raised the Hammer. "It appears that our triumph is nigh at hand. Therefore, your cooperation is no longer required." The Hammer ignited with sizzling power.

"Uh-oh, he's going to take us offline!" Hot Shot screamed.

"I refuse to go out like this!" Brawn added.

Before Shockwave could destroy them with the Magnus Hammer, a nunchuck flew in the air and knocked his optic. The Decepticon spy covered his face while grunting in pain, accidently dropping the Hammer. He looked toward his assaulter and noticed that it was Jazz.

"Hold it right there, 'Con. The party ain't over without turning the tables first," he remarked, holding another nunchuck while the other returned back to his free hand.

At that moment, a pillar of fire and wind smote Shockwave on the back which sent him flying in the air until he crashed against a wall. Up above stood a large Autobot with two different halves with the Elite Guard insignia on either side of his waist. He landed on the ground before he separated into two Autobots.

“I hope we didn’t miss anything!” Jetfire said.

“We surely missed the invasion, brother!” Jetstorm noticed.

“You folks alright?” Jazz asked as he uncuffed his fellow Autobots and superiors.

“Yeah... except Sentinel. Although he was a glitch head most of the time, he really didn’t deserve such a fate,” Brawn replied, sadly looking toward his rusted remains.

“Yeah, bro. I dunno how O.P. and his crew would react though,” said Jazz.

“We will discuss his funeral later, but we have a dangerous crisis at our servos now,” Ultra Magnus reminded, grabbing his Magnus Hammer back. “Thanks to Shockwave’s efforts, the Decepticons have undoubtedly invaded Equestria and have taken over its kingdoms. We need to act now before the situation escalates.”

“But how?! There’s way too many of them, and those Decepti-creeps are generally more powerful and mighty than we are!” Hot Shot exclaimed.

“That may be, Hot Shot, but with all our combined forces we can take down our adversaries once and for all. That is why we require all servos on deck now more than ever before,” Magnus advised.

Hot Shot and Brawn glanced toward each other with uncertainty. “Does this mean you’re willing to forgive Rodimus?”

Ultra Magnus sighed as he closed his optics for a brief moment. “Considering what is at stake here and how critically short time is, his transgression in disobeying a direct order is forgiven. No doubt, he is in Equestria at this very moment trying to protect the ponies. We will go down there and help him... in the same way I and Jazz helped Optimus Prime on Earth.”

“Sir?”

“Hot Shot, Brawn, do you know where Ironhide and Red Alert are?” Magnus asked.

“Ironhide is with Prime and his crew while Red Alert is in Equestria... it’s... where they’ve been the whole time...” Hot Shot admitted, nervously smiling.

While Magnus disapprovingly frowned, he briefly calmed himself down before he could reply. “Very well. Open the space bridge portal to Earth, for it is time we put an end to this age-long conflict.”

“Wait... do you really mean—?”

“I mean it, Brawn. For too long, the Decepticons antagonized, terrorized, and harmed us and our home world. They have demonstrated loud and clear they are out for nothing but revenge and destruction. If we do not stand up for ourselves, all of Cybertron is doomed. Therefore, we will bring everyone we can find to fight with us to battle. This time, we will be taking no prisoners. The Decepticons... must be destroyed,” Ultra Magnus spoke, glaring at the sky.

“AUTOBOTS, PREPARE FOR BATTLE!”


The ponies again screamed in pain from the shocking staff held by Blitzwing. Once the torture temporarily stopped, the victims heavily breathed while struggling to maintain their balance on their hooves. Red Alert kept looking away while tightly shutting her optics, getting instant flashbacks of Siren’s traumatic death in a similar predicament.

Megatron pointed his sword toward her head. “I do not have all day, Autobot. Will you surrender yourself fully to me or allow your pathetic pony pets to suffer slowly and painfully? Failure to choose will result in your permanent deactivation."

“Don’t do it, Red Alert!! Ya hear?! We can take the pain!! AHHHH!!” Applejack cried out, shocked by the staff.

“Is that all you creeps got?!” Rainbow defied before getting shocked again.

Red Alert couldn’t bear to see them getting tortured repeatedly as her face cringed and optics watered a bit. “STOP!!! STOP!! Leave them alone! They don’t deserve this!”

“The torment will cease once you openly declare your servitude to me right here and now,” Megatron sneered, bringing his sword closer to her neck. “This is your last chance.”

Red Alert kept silence; angrily growling, Megatron raised his sword above her. But before he could execute her, Starlight appeared before him in a flash which caught the tyrant off-guard.

“What in the name of the Allspark?! How are you still alive?!” Megatron exclaimed.

“Ha! I’m very hard to kill, buckethead! In fact, I’m not as easy as you think I am,” replied Starlight, smugly grinning.

“Then I will make sure you stay dead,” Megatron growled, igniting his fusion cannon. At that moment, another Starlight appeared before him next to the other clone.

Megatron looked at them completely bewildered as two Starlights blew raspberries at him. “Impossible...”

“Curious. These ponies zeem very identical,” Blitzwing noted. “If they vill mock our mighty power, then I vill...burn them to molten liquid!” Hothead shouted. His cannons spewed fire right at the Starlight clones, burning them alive.

As Megatron grinned at their blazing ashes, he turned back to the caged ponies and Red Alert... who were all gone.

“Huh?”

“Look over here, Mega-mouth!” a young voice called out. The villain then saw in a distance Rumble and his team standing over a hill with Red Alert beside them and the Mane Six, Thunderlane, and the princesses all free.

“Ooohhh yeah, baby. It’s party time,” Lout smirked.