• Published 8th Mar 2021
  • 642 Views, 132 Comments

The Darkest Hour - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Megatron initiates his ultimate power over Equestria. The Autobots and ponies must work together to put an end to his tyranny lest he destroys everything they hold dear. Time is short.

  • ...
5
 132
 642

Chapter 17: The Darkest Hour: part 2

Blackout fired missile after missile at Applejack who simply jumped and dodged the projectiles. Once the Decepticon fired four more missiles, the Earth Pony used her lasso to rope them together and threw them back at him. Blackout painfully grunted as he suffered injury from his own firepower.

"Yeehaw! Right back at ya, big fella!" Applejack smugly grinned.

However, Blackout got back up on his feet and swiftly grabbed her before she could react. He then slammed her body on the dirt and then kicked her unto a tree, knocking her out. "Puny pony down. Decepticons for the win!" he exulted.

Spittor latched unto Dead End's leg with his tentacle-like tongue and tried to swallow him whole; however, the ex-Stunticon pulled away from his mouth with all of his might while he attempted to walk backwards. "You... vile creatures... always... disgust me!" Dead End grunted, still pulling away.

Thinking fast, he grabbed one of his maces and struck one of the tentacles. This forced Spittor to release him as he groaned in pain. Without wasting time, Dead End brandished another mace and smote his optics and head repeatedly with absolute ferociousness. He angrily kept striking him while the latter was painfully whimpering and tried to escape, but Dead End finally delivered the deadly blow toward his forehead, slicing through his processor and all the way towards his spark. Spittor fell into pieces, going offline.

Dead End calmed himself as he looked upon his dead body before he looked at his hands and took a glimpse at his former Stunticon comrades. He bowed his head and contemplated on what his next course of action would be. He looked at his maces, turned to Spittor's remains, and then back at the Stunticons. He also noticed Red Alert fighting off a couple of Decepticons in her own style and then saw Rumble and Spike helping her out.

As he observed all these things, he glared back at the Stunticons and tightened his fists. "I can do this."

Three random Decepticons fired their laser beams at Starlight and Rarity who were shielding themselves from their wrath. "These ruffians have no bounds or mannerisms at all?!" Rarity shouted.

"They will stop at nothing. We just have to show them what we’re really made of!" Starlight replied, smirking.

"Very well, darling," Rarity agreed. Thus, they teleported from their sight and re-appeared right behind them. As they were wondering where the unicorns went, both ponies united their magical beams together and launched them towards the 'Cons' backs.

The powerful beams burned through their chests, effectively killing them. Rarity and Starlight hoof-bumped each other as they smiled in satisfaction.

Fluttershy tried to cover her face as there was so much violence all around her. She opened her wings and flew off to hide behind a tree. "This is bad. This is really, really bad! How are we gonna make it out alive? This is just... too much for me to handle!"

Suddenly, the entire tree was uprooted and thrown away. The yellow Pegasus looked up and saw Lugnut and Blitzwing surrounding her with their weapons loaded. "How pitiful of you to sit thiz out, little von. I suggest you surrender, and I can assure you..." Icey Blitzwing said, turning into Hothead. "You vill perish a less painful death!" He grabbed her before she could run.

"You will all fall before the great and glorious Megatron, Equestrian scum! He will rule the entire galaxy, and the Decepticons will tear this world apart!" Lugnut pontificated, raising his arms in excitement.

Blitzwing lowered his cannons and prepared to exterminate her. "Have a happy Fourth of July! Boom! Boom! Boom!" he laughed.

Suddenly, two laser blasts struck Blitzwing on the back which caused him to drop Fluttershy and utter cries of pain. Skywarp descended on Lugnut by kicking his head and upper-punching him to the air. Lugnut grunted as he painfully landed on the dirt. "Leave my friend alone, Decepticon bullies!"

"Skywarp!" Fluttershy shouted, gratefully smiling.

The ex-Seeker carefully picked her up and transformed to jet mode with the Pegasus in the cockpit. He immediatedly took off to the skies just as the two Decepticons slowly got up from the ground.

"Decepticon traitors will not be tolerated in Megatron's presence! Our powerful master will swiftly deal with them!" Lugnut angrily spoke.

"Are you alright, friend?" Skywarp tenderly asked.

"I'm okay. I was so scared I wouldn't make it, but I'm much more relieved you are okay," Fluttershy replied.

"I am glad to hear it. Friends never leave each other behind," he said. At that moment, Slipstream fired laser shots at Skywarp behind him. Yelping, he twirled in the air and spun around the clouds as he tried to evade their pursuer.

"Face me, you coward!" Slipstream challenged.

Skywarp still persevered his evasion from her and her attacks. While he was panicking over the situation, Fluttershy thought of an idea as she thought back on how she managed to stand her ground against Lugnut over a year ago. "Skywarp, eject me out to the sky! I know how to stop her!"

"What?! But she will kill you instantly! How are you gonna—?"

"You have to trust me! I've done this before!"

"Okay... I hope you know what you're doing," he muttered. With that, he ejected her out to the open with Slipstream still hot in pursuit. Before the fembot could end her, the Pegasus used her famous Stare on her.

Slipstream started to fidget at first, but after a few seconds, she shook violently from her Stare. "No, no, no!! Please stop! I beg you! What are you doing to me, flesh bag?! AAAAHHHH!!" She lost her flight capability as her afterburners suddenly shut down. Then she crash-landed on the field.

Skywarp starred in amazement and confusion at what he saw her do to the Seeker. Fluttershy looked back at him with a wink. "That was so... impressive. What exactly was that though?"

"I'll explain later; right now, we have to help our friends." Nodding in agreement, Fluttershy and Skywarp flew together again as the battle continued.

Red Alert, Spike, and Rumble were confronted by dozens of Decepticons; ferociously growling, the ‘Cons opened fire on the surrounded trio. Thinking quickly, the medic snatched the dragon and colt and ducked beneath the blasts. She shot at their enemies in return.

While she was busy shooting at their opponents, Spike noticed Megatron igniting his fusion cannon while pointing it towards her. “Behind you!” Spike warned.

She looked behind her to see the laser beam going towards her and striking the ground beneath her, knocking her down. As both she, Rumble, and Spike struggled to get up, Megatron stood over them with a wicked grin.

“Farewell, Autobot. And this time, Rumble, you and your dragon friend won’t live to fight another day,” he taunted. He reignited his cannon as he aimed at their heads.

Glaring at Megatron, Red Alert embraced Rumble and Spike in anticipation of their demise before she closed her optics. Spike allowed a tear to fall as he bowed his head after giving one more sad look towards Rumble. The colt however looked left and right if he could find some way to save themselves and Equestria.

But before Megatron could kill them, a blue flash of lightning struck his back which forced a shout of pain out of him. As dozens of Decepticons looked on in shock, several more lightning bolts eviscerated them, killing them.

“What in the name of the AllSpark was that?!” Megatron yelled. He looked up to the sky, but no thunder cloud was seen.

“Rainbow, was that you?” Twilight asked.

“Not me! I didn’t even gather any clouds!” Rainbow denied, confused.

“It was I!” cried Ultra Magnus, standing on top of a hill.

All the heroes and the villains looked up to see the Elite Guard Commander with Hot Shot and Brawn on top of a hill; however they were not alone. Behind them stood a vast army of Autobots from Cybertron and even the famous Autobot heroes from Earth: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Prowl, Ratchet, Bulkhead, and Sari Sumdac in her robotic form. Even Ironhide, Jazz, Jetfire, and Jetstorm were beside them.

At that moment, Optimus and Sari got up front with looks of determination and bravery on their faces. Brawn threw down Shockwave and Cyclonus who were apprehended in stasis cuffs. Then Magnus lifted his hammer and stomped it on the dirt, briefly shaking the ground.

“AUTOBOTS... assemble.”

Author's Note:

The last part of the final battle is gonna be a big one, so please stay tuned for that as it may take longer than expected. Thanks again for your patience, folks.