• Published 8th Mar 2021
  • 633 Views, 132 Comments

The Darkest Hour - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Megatron initiates his ultimate power over Equestria. The Autobots and ponies must work together to put an end to his tyranny lest he destroys everything they hold dear. Time is short.

  • ...
4
 132
 633

The Prologue: Seeking Trouble

ONE YEAR EARLIER

“Oh no! I can feel the goo seeping into my circuitry!” whined the cowardly Starscream clone. Both he, the other clone, and a light blue Autobot were stuck together in a solidified gooy substance on one of Saturn’s moons.

“Will you be quiet?! I will not allow your meaningless complaints disrupt my current train of thought!” the blue Starscream clone snapped.

“I suppose your only train of thought is yourself and everything else about you,” the blue Autobot said.

“Precisely, Autobot! I am the most resilient Decepticon warrior in the galaxy! Megatron will cower before my superior might and tremble before me!” he bragged.

“Megatron?! He’s not coming for us, is he?!” the coward clone panicked.

“Of course not, fool! I will simply challenge him for the throne. I will find him and destroy him myself,” said the ego-maniac.

“Perhaps you’re forgetting one simple detail that I’m sure all of us are fully aware of by now... WE ARE STILL STUCK ON THIS GOO!!” the Autobot yelled. “How are we going to get out?!”

Both Starscream clones stared at the solidified goo. “Ahhhh!! Get me out of this sticky mess! It makes my wings feel so uncomfortable!” the coward clone screamed.

“This inferior goo is no match for my great power. I just need to simply break it apart so I can fulfill my destiny,” the bragging clone smirked. He tried to move his arms, but the rock solid goo restricted his movements. He even attempted to ignite his thrusters, but they were likewise disabled by the goo.

“Impossible! This filthy substance cannot defeat me that easily!” he growled.

“Perhaps try firing your null ray blasters directly in the goo rather than bragging about it! Of course, this idea is only a theory,” suggested Blurr.

Taking his advice, the blue clone successfully ignited his blasters which slowly burned through the goo. “Hmmm, perhaps you’re not as useless as I thought you were, Autobot.” He preceded to fire repeatedly at the goo which resulted in its burning inflation. It finally exploded in a loud pop.

The freed robots landed hard on the ground before they looked back at each other. The narcissistic clone stood up and aimed his blasters at Blurr while the cowardly one remained on the ground. “Ha! Finally! I shall now dominate you!” He fired multiple null rays at him, forcing the latter to speed around the area to flee from the shots.

“Come in, Cybertron Command! Come in, Cybertron Command! This is Blurr under attack by a Decepticon—can anybody hear me? Is this blasted com link even working?!” he desperately called.

“Hahahahaha, puny Autobot, you truly think you can summon your forces against the likes of me? I am too powerful to defeat!” the clone boasted.

As he continued firing on him, his null blasters stopped working. This caught him completely off-guard. “What?”

Suddenly, massive strikes of blue lightning erupted out of his blasters. The bolts struck Blurr before he could leave Saturn’s moon. He fell on the ground severely wounded. The clone lifted up his hands and saw his fingers glowing with electricity. Beholding this made him grin.

“Yes... this hidden power... is so... good. The power of thunder and lightning belong to me. This is my destiny, my strength, my ultimate source of victory. I am truly... wonderful!” he proudly declared.

“Can you please use that to free me of these dreadful stasis cuffs?” the cowardly clone asked.

The egotistical clone glared daggers at him. “It will be a waste of such power if I do that. I now have something even Megatron will never have. Henceforth, you shall address me as... THUNDERCRACKER!!”

He raised his hands into the air and generated several lightning bolts into space, destroying multiple asteroids in the process. He walked over to Blurr and picked him up by the arm. “Any last words, Autobot scum?”

The Elite Guard officer opened his optics to see Thundercracker evilly smiling at him. He immediately kicked his face away with his running tires and sped off.

“You will regret that, Autobot fool! Nobody puts tire marks on me and gets away with it!” he angrily threatened. He transformed into jet mode and fired laser blasts at him.

He chased him all across the moon until Blurr ran all the way up on the tall rocky pillar, launching himself into space. “This won’t end well, this won’t end well, this won’t end well, this won’t end well!!” he yelled, hurriedly pacing.

Thundercracker was just about to catch up to him as he transformed back to robot mode. He reached out his hand while he angrily clenched his teeth. “You’re mine, Autobot! Prepare for your termination!”

However, Blurr placed his foot on his face while he slowed his immense speed. Without warning, he pushed him off with enough speed power to send them both flying.

Blurr uncontrollably flew all the way to Saturn, to Jupiter, and then to other planets until he was no longer in view. Thundercracker crashed against one of the asteroids which was not far from where the other clone was.

“That Autobot will not run away forever. I will destroy him and all the other Autobots with him! Then I will annihilate Megatron once and for all! I am the most feared Decepticon of all time! All will—AHHHHH!!!!”

Suddenly, two large metal tentacles electrocuted Thundercracker behind him. As he screamed in pain and agony, all of his energon, power, and life force drained from him. Once the tentacles released him, he fell down on Saturn’s moon with no energy left in his body.

He tried to get up and transform, but he could not do so. “What... what is... going... on...?” At that moment, large laser beams rained down on him which resulted in a huge explosion. All that remained of Thundercracker were his broken wings and torn leg.

The surviving clone beheld his death with astonishment and dread. “I... I wish I did not see that. Is someone here?! Please don’t hurt me! I’m innocent!”

Then he noticed a dark turquoise Starscream clone with mixed colors of yellow, brown, and red on his wings and legs. The newcomer flew down to his level and landed on the surface. “Greetings, fellow Seeker! Do you have any delicious power for me to consume?”

“Were you the one who just...?”

“Oh, I was just thirsty for that wonderful display of thunder. So I did what I had to! IT IS ALL MINE!!” he reveled. He retracted his metal tentacles back inside his chest.

“Too bad that thunder boy is no longer online to keep that power. If he made a name for himself, then I shall make one for myself too!” the greedy clone said.

“Why do you want to create a name for yourself? Don’t you want to maintain Master Starscream’s name so you won’t suffer his wrath?” the cowardly clone asked.

“Haha, don’t be ridiculous! All I care about is my hunger... my hunger for power! Meanwhile, you can create a dirge for Thundercracker. Wait...”

“What?”

“It’s that word dirge. It sounds very catchy—very delicious. Yes, I shall obtain the power of that word. That name is mine! I am... Dirge!”

“Okay... so... does that mean I can have a name too?” the coward clone asked.

“Oh, I don’t know, but maybe you can ask him about that,” Dirge replied.

Another clone appeared above the asteroids. He was completely dark red with some black stripes around his chassis. He landed right next to Dirge with a look of utter contempt. “Well, it looks like Starscream has proven yet again that he’s a failure of a leader.”

“What are you talking about?” the coward clone asked.

“You may call me Thrust. I despise being overshadowed by someone else. If you want to survive, you will follow me and only me. I will not allow anyone to stand on top!”

“Okay, okay, whatever you say! Just free me from these stasis cuffs please!” the coward begged. Grinning to himself, Thrust blasted the cuffs off him.

“Good. With the three of us together, we will overthrow both Starscream, Megatron, and the Autobots. All the glory will be mine!” Thrust declared, clenching his fist.

“But... but what about me?”

“You? You can just warp around the skies as a spy for us. That will be your job,” Thrust replied.

“Oh... okay. Better than fighting Megatron himself I guess,” the coward muttered.

“Welcome to my side... Skywarp,” Thrust grinned.

Author's Note:

Cue the opening credits and title sequence...

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this prologue. Plenty of things will be happening in this story, so this will be quite a long journey. It’s time to be reunited with Rumble and company once again. Stay tuned for the first chapter, folks!

Let me know what you think in the comments below!